test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need the Stroy for Foundry rather than Exhibition of Various Monsters

xvitaliyxxvitaliyx Member Posts: 0
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
In my opinion, this game has very well system engine which can be made any game by creating the foundry in it. But, we should have the story, from the history, the novel or the movie. Now, fantasy looks like the teachnology of game making which players can enjoy playing it very much. But, it happens like we go to a map, the inhabitants there are suffered as many monsters are messing the town so we go to kill the monsters which we will meet many various of well designed monsters. This kind of foundry looks bland. It's just the designing of monsters.
But, if all monsters in the foundry are humen, it's not bland as it will have its deep story for example, from a history like in Assassin Creed or Fist of Northstar which we can put the whole novel into the game system to become a whole new game like.
I myself have been playing games for 30 years and I'm already bored of the dragons and the bland monsters with wings, fangs, jeweries and dragon scales. They look like child toys. While in Company of Hero and Total War, the characters look so real for example, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> soldiers reall wore the uniforms like those in the game, if you design a contigent of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> wearing the incorrect uniforms with wings, fangs, or jeweries, people can get bored. In World of Tank, you can also see many tanks from the real world which realy exist, they should not design an imaginary tank as it would look bland like a toy.
May be, anyone should make this a foundry, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Crusade.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    boydzinjboydzinj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree I would like a story of lore and intrigue... where you can stumble, fall, fail, and figureout what to do. On the flip side, there are times I want a Michael Bay movie type with tons of things to hack and slash... both have it's merits.
    boydzinj wrote: »
    There are two types of players who play foundry quests: People who click 1 until they are ready to kill... and people who read.

Sadly, I think here are more people who read than just click 1.

I really really think most people who mindlessly click 1 to end the quest are the hack and slash people who want to get the most reward and kill tons of mobs in the shortest time possible.
  • Options
    chibidanichibidani Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    boydzinj wrote: »
    I agree I would like a story of lore and intrigue... where you can stumble, fall, fail, and figureout what to do. On the flip side, there are times I want a Michael Bay movie type with tons of things to hack and slash... both have it's merits.

I really really think most people who mindlessly click 1 to end the quest are the hack and slash people who want to get the most reward and kill tons of mobs in the shortest time possible.

In my quests in some conversations I switch up the placement that will continue the quest :P like some times it's one other times its two or 4
    makes people read :P
    Edit:
    holy bad grammar
  • Options
    etherealphantasmetherealphantasm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, ...if I can ever get my quests done, you'll have plenty of story. I write fiction, one of the things I'm best at. I'm currently working on an extensive campaign, which I hope will be greatly appreciated by everyone. The story isn't the problem for me, for me, the problem is trying to make things like... levels that aren't 100% flat, not counting room pieces that have vertical changes within them. An example would be, a tightly enclosed stairway. (Cloak Tower, for example) Also, the long spiral stair cases. Better vertical management overall. Also, I wish there was a way to make moving objects. (a book case that spins open when you activate something, a sliding wall, (like in Cloak Tower's labyrinth area) And several other things.

But, yeah, I have the story part down, the general layout, a few hidden things, and some class-specific paths, just to name a few. So, fret not! Story is on the way! There's just, ...no telling, ...how long it'll take to get here.
    A flood of creativity crashing upon a wall of inability.