test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New "no eploit" server or complete wipe PLEASE!

2»

Comments

• neverlaguneneverlagune Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Totally agree wipe or new server AT THE VERY LEAST
  • clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is the best fix all solution all day. A new server for the non exploited..Let everyone who wants to stay with their rich mules and exploited xp have it..Of course they will not get as much enjoyment without being able to rub all that in the faces of those that funded this game for them...

Feeling really robbed right now, like we paid for a game so a bunch of kids could have it to run amok in...Ah well, some one did warn me not to buy into a pwe game..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • scorpion2112scorpion2112 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    If they did a wipe for the exploits this time, and in a week, month, or year when people find another way to exploit the game, another wipe? No.

A special server that can't be exploited? Can't be done.

This will be checks and balances. The world has never made a weapon that it hasn't used nor eventually been able to defend against it. This is no different. The laws are made, people circumvent the laws, and new laws are made. You don't wipe and do over, you can't.

I spent a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-ton on the founders packs and the Zen shop. I would love to be able to do over what I did with the Zen, but alas you live, you learn, and you move forward.
  • pbcookarpbcookar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think a new server or a wipe now is ridiculously premature. There is no doubt in my mind that there are still PLENTY of exploits that are economy breaking that will need to be fixed before the game can move out of "open beta".

Fix everything, THEN wipe or make a clean server during the transition to live. In the meantime IP ban every exploiter.

To the people against neither a wipe or a clean server, do you honestly think that there are no characters that directly (as in their owner exploited on that or another character) benefited from this AH exploit that were not banned? I'm sure there are plenty of characters still in existence that received ridiculous amounts of benefits from these AD.
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    unclesalty wrote: »
    First of all, I support a full wipe.

The exploits listed below are game breaking and have ruined the economy of the game.

1. Trading items at the pvp vendor for glory, then selling said items for AD.

2. Foundry exploit 60 in one hour (while this doesn't effect the economy directly and does indirectly based on number 3 exploit)

3. One shot bosses for loot, then fixed, then a new workaround to do the same exact thing.

4. Double AD.

These four alone have ruined the current state of the game and are imo valid enough to roll the entire game back. If these issues happened in any other MMO I am quite sure a restart would be in order. I am a HOTN+Guardian and will surely get my AD back that I paid 260.00 for, and I believe all real monies should be reimbursed in the form of Zen to the account holder.

There is no nice outcome for this. No one will be completely happy. You guys dogging us that paid are forgetting the fact that we lose ALL that headstart time to gain benefits over new players. We paid for that, not exploited it.

IF anything they could make a new server and I assure you myself and majority of others who love the game will happily switch over like its Day 1.

All you folk who desire the game in its current state can remain with your 9999BIL AD. I want my time to feel valuable. I want my account to feel valuable.

As a founder I thought 3.2MIL AD would last forever. That's nothing atm. In the headstart a phoera companion costs 600k AD, and dropped to 100k AD live. That's the one common denominator as AD prices should drop, NOT RISE! Otherwise what was my 260.00 purchase good for? A bag, wolf, panther, spider, glowie?

Prices should be low in live as the majority of the playerbase is F2P earning 20k AD a day on quests, and 50-100k a day on Leadership over lvl 16 (which takes ALOT to get too.)

At least make us a brand new server. Watch how many move. I will be one. I had a slight edge due to my purchases but this is just outright crazy.

How many people will be banned for above exploits? I assure you the population will drop ALOT.

Just make a new server if you aren't going to start over. You owe us that at a minimum imo.

Sorry, no offense, but you are delusional.

The thing that most players are not realizing yet is that any time there is an exchange of real money with virtual money there is going to be imbalance within the economy. If you can buy packs that give millions of astral diamonds to a person who pays $50 players will realize that there are millions of AD out there which causes the prices of items to jump. Without any sinks for astral diamonds, except for a few things the rate of AD entering the game is grossly higher than leaving the game. This causes prices of items to increase over a short period of time and they will continue to rise.

So you are delusional to think that a zen > astral diamond exchange is going to some how fix on a new server or a server wipe is ridiculous. Sorry to educate you on how economics works but this is something very few people take the time to realize or understand.

There has NEVER been a cash shop game with a stable economy. It will never happen.
  • dahkohtdahkoht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why would anyone be against this idea ? You don't want all servers wiped ,fine . there's obviously a large portion of us who do.

So give us a server that will never be combined with the dupe economy servers , and reset us all who want to restart there.

You can have your hyper inflated economy and run with it. Let those who want to not be part of that trash start over on a new one.
  • screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dahkoht wrote: »
    Why would anyone be against this idea ? You don't want all servers wiped ,fine . there's obviously a large portion of us who do.

So give us a server that will never be combined with the dupe economy servers , and reset us all who want to restart there.

You can have your hyper inflated economy and run with it. Let those who want to not be part of that trash start over on a new one.

It's not about wanting or not, it's that it would be a completely futile effort.

@krumple01- cheers! Nice to see someone on here has some sense lol.
  • unclesaltyunclesalty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The exploits are game breaking. Period. There is no reach around for this. It is just to obvious.

A wipe at this point is the only option. I have alpha and beta tested MANY mmos since I am a long time hardcore gamer of 25 years (39 yrs old)

Usually, MMOs don't make it into open beta (with no more wipes) with the current state of such game breaking exploits. Minor ones have earned a day max of rollbacks. Maybe just a few hours since they are reported, and fixed so fast.

This didn't happen here. They have been allowed to continue. People chose to participate or not. I did not.

Just like in the dungeoun when a blue drops- if its for your class you need it (if you don't already have it) and if not you greed it. Well I can tell you now that almost all the 5mans I been in everyone has been rolling need. Common courtesy out the door simply because they are BOP.

That simple example above since game went to open to all is basically how the exploits work. Small amount chose to be honest, while a large group chose to ride the wave.

I am not asking for miracles here. I am asking for at least one little shard for us that want to move. I don't want to play anymore on the corrupted shards that exist. It will ruin my experience. I was aware of the game as I tested it in many phases. That's why I paid 260.00. I love this game.

I will not stand by with my mouth shut and watch the ship on fire burn and sink into nothingness w/o some kind of fight.

I am doing damage control as we speak. I am trying to save something that I love.

A wipe is necessary, but if PWE wants to avoid this for w/e reason they justify- I can not see why they wouldn't give us a new shard since these exploits have been fixed and monitor game breaking exploits like hawks, and do only a few hour rollback if need be.

This is just commonsense to me......

I don't care whose fault it is. I am not leaving. Just fix it with one of the two ways I have suggested.
    Flamtastic_Xanatos_Siggy_by_couchpatatoe51_zpsbe77b1fc.png AKA HELLHULK
  • unclesaltyunclesalty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not about wanting or not, it's that it would be a completely futile effort.

@krumple01- cheers! Nice to see someone on here has some sense lol.

I will take my chances on a new shard. Thank you though for "controlling" my game experience with what you feel is futile.

How in the world does a new shard effect you????? It doesn't. (Well, unless you see your in a Ghost town.....but hey that's what you want.)

I want a wipe or new shard. Either is fine with me- make it so zen does not xfer cross shards. Never combine our new shard witht he old ones.

Problems solved.
  • flaminggnatsflaminggnats Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please wipe the servers. You'll never track all of the money down. =(
    Have a foundry quest you want tested? Let me know on the forums or in-game. Username is @verranicus1.
    edited May 2013
    And since all the people wanting "wipe" are gold sellers and cheaters the new shard will house us all.

See I have solved so many issues with the new shard idea........

Dragon, Mindflayer, Beholder - no wipes keeps all those HONEST people.

Unclesalty shard- all the cheaters and gold sellers will move here since we are willing to give it all up.

Yep, makes perfect sense to me.

Please do it now!
  • clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL..Honestly I can not decide who is more obvious, the ppl claiming that only cheaters support wiping away all the ill gotten loot and xp and glory..or the folks with no forum titles claiming that the ppl spending money on the game are against a wipe.. I keep my fingers crossed that Cryptic / PWE are not so easy to social engineer...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • vistus41vistus41 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sure is alot of tearz flowing....... but seems to me buy a select few ......
    fact is there will always be people who do naughty things to get ahead....
    Making a new shard will not do anything other then making people start anew
    Fix the problem , ban accounts ..... better yet why have so many dif ways to buy/sell things? ... make things a bit more simple .....

tho keep the tearz flowing they are like tasty gummy bearz
  • unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe the servers!. WHen the next exploit becomes an issue, lets wipe it again. and again.
  • screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I will take my chances on a new shard. Thank you though for "controlling" my game experience with what you feel is futile.

How in the world does a new shard effect you????? It doesn't. (Well, unless you see your in a Ghost town.....but hey that's what you want.)

I want a wipe or new shard. Either is fine with me- make it so zen does not xfer cross shards. Never combine our new shard witht he old ones.

Problems solved.

And how pray tell, will you keep out the "cheaters"? You really think they won't look at this fresh, new, virgin economy as a new notch on the belt? Have fun with that Brave New Shard or gated community MMO.

HotN member wants a fresh economy to control, what a big surprise! Who is controlling whom I wonder?
  • dleggdlegg Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am 100% in favor of a new server. Have wanted one since the ogres-in-a-box exploit rampage
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    broken-record2.gif
  • gungadorgungador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been thinking about it. I am not fully opposed to a full clean slate. As I see it, the game is still "technically" open beta. Beta referring to a testing stage. This was thankfully caught in "beta" Every other game I have played in the past be it alpha , beta or open beta has always done a full wipe on official launch.

I myself have paid about $200 into the game , (60 founders , rest zen) I am not 60 , I have one late 30s and 2 20s. I honestly fully believe that in order to fix the player run economy (which is terrible) a clean slate is warranted. I don't know the ins and outs of what occurred all I know is that duping/exploit allowed players to create/earn through dubious methods millions if not trillions of zen in a manner that was never intended.

I have no issue loosing my head start with the initial purchase. I would be fully in favor of a zen refund and a clean slate reboot. From what I can tell it and from playing it really doesn't take that long to hit end cap as is. Hell if a guy can do it in a day then a full wipe really shouldn't be an issue. Yes I also understand that no matter what PWG does it will not satisfy everyone but I also know that the people that want the game to succeed and have a lot of history with the DnD franchise won't have an issue with this if it means for a enjoyable time playing a game that they have loved for years.

However at the end of the day its out of our hands and completely up to PWG.
  • bloodpoizunbloodpoizun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    Hello yes i agree i paid $200.00 an still think there should be a wipe..
    Ofc i would like all my items i got when i first opened my founders pack.
    edited May 2013
    New shard name vote thread.

PS. I will give up all my AD since you FEEL I want to control something.

Could care less at this point. I got a cool spider to ride.

Take my AD. I really don't give *&^% at this point. I want a new shard. Period. No wipe?? New shard then. I will go all alone. You don't have to come, and honestly I rather you stay.
    edited May 2013
  • notauriousnotaurious Member Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There is no nice outcome for this. No one will be completely happy. You guys dogging us that paid are forgetting the fact that we lose ALL that headstart time to gain benefits over new players. We paid for that, not exploited it.

It's an exploit. It's just a legitimate one. I couldn't care less what they do (though, I'd prefer to not lose my foundry quests) to resolve this. If you aren't playing this realizing it's just a game, then you are bound to be unhappy always.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Short Code Copy/Paste: NW-DJC4R9H3R
  • mustachemavmustachemav Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe the servers!. WHen the next exploit becomes an issue, lets wipe it again. and again.

This exactly, lol
    Facebook | STOked Radio
    Twitter | @STOkedshow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]