test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why no News from the Development Team?

grimbrytegrimbryte Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Why can't they make a thread keeping us up with information?

It will literally take minutes to make a thread explaining what is going on for their players..

EDIT

They are keeping us updated here - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?262972-Astral-Diamond-Exchange-and-Auction-House-Offline

But still pointless updates are getting posted on that link.
Post edited by grimbryte on

Comments

• l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Check Twitter is their Official answer. They don't keep the Official Forums updated.
  • tinypyrotinypyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    l1d3n wrote: »
    Check Twitter is their Official answer. They don't keep the Official Forums updated.

Yes they do. Read the sticky at the top of this page. All of it. It has been constantly updated throughout this issue.
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Update 9 PM Pacific: The post about our plan of action is being confirmed -- stay tuned, folks, we're getting closer.

This is no news? Check the sticky. They have been updating it almost every 2 hours.
  • serpentttserpenttt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    Twitter is almost always updated before the forum. And it's not laggy as hell. Use it.
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tinypyro wrote: »
    Yes they do. Read the sticky at the top of this page. All of it. It has been constantly updated throughout this issue.
    I'm not wading through all that cr*p! Make an update sticky and lock it, these guys are amateurs.
  • serpentttserpenttt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    It's stickied already...
  • hercul33thercul33t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 190 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm thinking they realize only a complete wipe will save this mess.

1-60 power lvl exploit, to 1 shotting bosses exploits and now this, the game needs a fresh start.
    Dr. Herc trilogy NWS-DHDPDVTMA
  • jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not wading through all that cr*p! Make an update sticky and lock it, these guys are amateurs.

everything you need to know is in the first post of the sticky thread.

c'mon son, really?
  • tumorsealtumorseal Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You do not have to wade through anything. They edit the first post, smart guy.
    edited May 2013
    hercul33t wrote: »
    I'm thinking they realize only a complete wipe will save this mess.

1-60 power lvl exploit, to 1 shotting bosses exploits and now this, the game needs a fresh start.

They know it but I doubt they will do it. The legit, paying customers will bend over and smile.
  • genryu20genryu20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013

Well its posted at the very top of the forum...Dont really gotta go far into it to read it ^_^
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Troll or idiot?
  • tinypyrotinypyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Yeah because it's pretty hard to read the bottom, most recent update. Which is listed as UPDATE. With the time of the UPDATE.
    edited May 2013
    I think it is fairly obvious that the decision they've made on how to proceed in fixing these issues will have major effects on players, and therefore they need to be very thorough in how they explain what they are doing.

so that morons don't immediately start moaning and wailing about what is actually being done about this.

then again, it doesn't matter how thorough they are in explaining it, morons are still going to moan and wail.
  • branwheatkillahbranwheatkillah Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They know it but I doubt they will do it. The legit, paying customers will bend over and smile.

Bend over and take it, you say? Not sure how that would be accomplished. I am quite content keeping the servers as is. Other players exploiting their own characters does not affect my ability to enjoy my own character, the quests, or the world of NW. It's a silly argument that people are getting carried away with.

Other people exploiting does not hurt you. Yes, it requires a fix but there has been nothing done to your game that cannot be undone. At it's worst there are million of AD in the market that need to be removed and last I checked, AD neither levels you faster nor gives you an advantage over other players.
  • unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jmadfour wrote: »
    I think it is fairly obvious that the decision they've made on how to proceed in fixing these issues will have major effects on players, and therefore they need to be very thorough in how they explain what they are doing.

so that morons don't immediately start moaning and wailing about what is actually being done about this.

then again, it doesn't matter how thorough they are in explaining it, morons are still going to moan and wail.

Well... If people will moan and wail about a lack of information and demand a sticky containing updates which are in the first post so you don't have to sift through a long thread (pro tip: click the red PW and it moves to the next PW post in a thread) after being directed to a sticky containing updates which are in the first post so you don't have to sift through a long thread (or click the red PW) to get the information...

Yeah, pretty sure people will complain about the solution and demand they solve the problem in exactly the way it was solved.
  • hercul33thercul33t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 190 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Bend over and take it, you say? Not sure how that would be accomplished. I am quite content keeping the servers as is. Other players exploiting their own characters does not affect my ability to enjoy my own character, the quests, or the world of NW. It's a silly argument that people are getting carried away with.

Other people exploiting does not hurt you. Yes, it requires a fix but there has been nothing done to your game that cannot be undone. At it's worst there are million of AD in the market that need to be removed and last I checked, AD neither levels you faster nor gives you an advantage over other players.

I guess if you're playing the game as a single player adventure then it doesn't affect you.

I'm willing to bet the majority of us aren't though.
    Dr. Herc trilogy NWS-DHDPDVTMA
  • xratasxratas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Then you didn't check very well. It does both.

Bad checking seems to be common in this topic though.
  • exploiter420exploiter420 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some people simply prefer to use their eyes to cry first rather than look for the information that's right in front of them.
  • qioxqiox Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Every update has been edited into the 1st post of the sticky.

Don't be such a lazy jerk and read the freaking thing. It does exactly what you are accusing the devs of not doing.
    edited May 2013
    Important information on MMO forums should be stickied and locked and kept updated regularly. Not the spam filled troll fests they call info. threads.
  • brokensaintvxbrokensaintvx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The last I checked... top gear can be purchased with AD, along with enchantments, convenience items, top class companions, and is open to zen trading. Which zen trading further gives you access to lockbox keys, more companions, additional character slots, expensive dyes, and iron trade bars (which gives you access to even more expensive gear), it gives you a huge advantage over players. Those millions of AD floating around in the market that were gimped from the game have now caused the entirety of the server to flinch. This is the definition of a game breaking glitch. It's like that free resources cheat in starcraft or God mode in just about any shooter.
  • dcoy1dcoy1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    serpenttt wrote: »
    It's stickied already...

AND lock it.. do you not understand what the word AND means?????
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Maybe they are busy developing.
    edited May 2013
    Important information on MMO forums should be stickied and locked and kept updated regularly. Not the spam filled troll fests they call info. threads.

facepalm.jpg
  • kirkoviankirkovian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not joining twitter to get info that should be on the company web forum.
  • warfluxwarflux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Twitter isn't any better. It's been 9 hours of tweets saying "We will have an ETA and a plan posted soon!". They've said that I don't know how many times. The last time the CM said he would eat his hat if there was no ETA/plan of action posted by midnight.
  • grimbrytegrimbryte Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Literally all they are saying on Twitter is..

"We are waiting on confirmation before we release information"

"We are double-checking before we release any information"

"We are triple-checking before we release any information"
  • warfluxwarflux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kirkovian wrote: »

You don't have to join just go to https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame
    edited May 2013
    kirkovian wrote: »
    You have to because that's where they update the info. regularly.