test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What other good MMOs out there right now?

Comments

• elkysiumelkysium Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep would have to agree too. Just gonna take time to fix what needs to be fixed.
    Dragon Shard:
    Dorlin: Level 65 GF/2nd Account: Calias/62
    Elkysium: Level 65 CW/2nd Account: Krystalyn/62
    Artemis: Level 65 TR/2nd Account: Fayne/62
    Zantoth: Level 65 DC/2nd Account: Nemea/62
    Kryndar: Level 65 HR/2nd Account: Lilith/62
    Goreb: Level 65 GWF/2nd Account: Tysha/62
    Bamidor: Level 65 OP/2nd Account: Valindra/62
  • gctrlgctrl Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bearn1 wrote: »
    People like you are why MMO's suck so bad these days. Go back to your stupid FPS and PvP and leave the MMo's to PvE content like it should be.

You're just as ignorant bro, PvP has been around since Ultima Online (and technically before if you look at something like MUDS), it's an important part of MMO's and a big reason why myself, and many others, play them. The ignorance of this comment is the equivalent of me saying leave MMO's to PvP content and go play Final Fantasy for your PvE. You sound like another crybaby afraid to test your skills against real people.
    Guild: Lemonade Stand | Server: Dragon (Original) | PvP Forever | 1og0s
    * TWITCH * YOUTUBE * MY GUIDES *
  • asdfmandingaasdfmandinga Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    warframe maybe?

well thats not a mmo but its a coop sci-fi tps with some rpg elements with space ninjas (if you had played dark sector you will probably familiarize with it)

its looks like ME MP but more focus on pve (and more feature ofc)
  • valvexenvalvexen Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YydljU5LCLQ
    Rift is good here is a example of a open world event
  • eycezeycez Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gctrl wrote: »
    You're just as ignorant bro, PvP has been around since Ultima Online (and technically before if you look at something like MUDS), it's an important part of MMO's and a big reason why myself, and many others, play them. The ignorance of this comment is the equivalent of me saying leave MMO's to PvP content and go play Final Fantasy for your PvE. You sound like another crybaby afraid to test your skills against real people.

Exactly. Old school MMO's had better pvp if anything. Or at least more hardcore and pervasive, ie. not just segmented 'battlegrounds'. I remember my first mmo was lineage and you could pk people anywhere outside of towns which had guards. You would lose experience and potentially loot if you weren't perfectly aligned.

Guilds would have long drawn out wars with each other and often fights would break out over quality farming zones or just when someone spotted a particular adversary.
    edited May 2013
    Dont buy defiance what ever you do, its as buggy as this pos game.
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    There is not a single MMO On the market as good as Neverwinter. Not a F2P or a P2P!

The only recent title I would recommend would be Injustice: Gods Among Us on X360. Probably the best thing out there, The story is fantastic and it is the best game out for any same couch play!

You know, when you actually have another human in the room with you playing.

EDIT: I did Download Star Trek today and it looks really good! Should be booming to with the Movie being released this weekend!

If neverwinter is the best, whats the worse? Cant get much worse than this game atm.
  • nismunismu Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    Firefall might be good one to try fps mmo that aims for esport quality pvp but has its pve side too (and best of all they are separated so balance issues are easier for devs handle. ), it is in closed beta but it isn't that hard get key from asking its forums as everyone gets 5 keys and it is going open beta too.
    It is still in real beta but has plenty of content for a while.
  • meshtanmeshtan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I was going to for WoW style game, I'd go with Rift. The Class system is much more flexible and I found it more enjoyable than WoW (probably WoW burnout after 6 years too). The downside is the questing hub and spoke system. It's extremely Rigid. If you want something a little more flexible with a little more actiony combat, then I'd go with GW2 (B2P with cosmetic / convenience cash shop stuff). The graphics are great, the WvW is entertaining for a while. and I prefer their questing / hearts to traditional Wow type questing. Not Swtor. I quit before F2P, but the core game was bad once you were done with the story and I hear the F2P model is very restrictive.

The combat in Neverwinter is my favorite of any game out there right now but cash shop and End Game boredom I think will seal it's fate for me. As long as ESO isn't a subscription model, I'll probably head towards that whenever it releases.
  • nzplayer1nzplayer1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rift is a solid game with a good history.
    you can start now for free with a lite acc and get a jump on the f2p
  • vilixitivilixiti Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elkysium wrote: »
    Well, I've been looking ever since I left AC (Asheron's Call). Still looking for one to satisfy me like AC did. If it wasn't for the graphics and old engine I would probably still be playing it. I have yet to find one that is decent that doesn't have some type of profit scheme (Cash shop) and cares for the game itself and not the profit.

I second this exactly. I loved AC but the graphics and old engine are just a little too outdated for me these days. I'd have to say AC is the best MMO I've ever played. Sigh. Asheron's Call 3, please.
  • pujahaaspujahaas Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about The Secret World from Funcom...the innovation that they did with the quest through creative puzzles and investigation gameplay is quite refreshing from the current MMO's in the market.
  • princecharmingsprincecharmings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Icarus Online.
    http://steparu.com/reviews/mmo-rpg-reviews/1192-icarus-online-beta-review

I played CBT 1, already asked for NW refund.
    /thread.
  • blitz609blitz609 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dragon's Prophet is pretty fun if you can get a beta key for it.
  • princecharmingsprincecharmings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    blitz609 wrote: »
    Dragon's Prophet is pretty fun if you can get a beta key for it.

Lol, not even close.
    Icarus online is something dragons prophet wished it could be.
    It has dragon taming and everything, but, you can ride on and AND fly freely with it, in air pvp and combat.
    I tried dragons prophet, uninstalled in 10 minutes.
  • groovemonkeygroovemonkey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just downloaded and started playing dragon's prophet.
    edited May 2013
    pujahaas wrote: »
    What about The Secret World from Funcom...the innovation that they did with the quest through creative puzzles and investigation gameplay is quite refreshing from the current MMO's in the market.

If you like pvp dont touch secret world, unless you like waiting 45 mins to get in a wf.
    edited May 2013
    Age of conan is now f2p, that game had a bad launch to, but seemed to some what recover
    http://www.ageofconan.com/playfree
  • dariyanorndariyanorn Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    regnorvex wrote: »
    I hear GW2 has added a lot of new content since we left to play PoE, maybe I'll check that out again. It wasn't bad, tho it was yet another P2W.

How is GW2 pay-to-win? Not even close. All of the gear is pretty much the same stat-wise, GW2 is probably the only MMO where gear doesn't play a big role. Not to mention you can start doing structured PvP from level 2 and have the same gear as everyone else for free.
  • bloodpoolzbloodpoolz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fallen Earth is a pretty cool FTP game I was having a blast until Defiance came out, then realized spent 160 bucks for nothing to do, then came to Neverwinter and loving it even with all this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> going on.
  • gctrlgctrl Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    RIFT had a lot of potential, but like many other failed MMO's the dev's made bad changes, particularly with PvP. This guy goes into great detail about it -> http://taugrim.com/2011/09/28/trion-dropped-the-ball-with-rift-patch-1-5-pvp/

Not sure if they've fixed some of this stuff since, might be worth trying again, but my gut is telling me no.
    Guild: Lemonade Stand | Server: Dragon (Original) | PvP Forever | 1og0s
    * TWITCH * YOUTUBE * MY GUIDES *
  • calidorncalidorn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Try City of Steam. Been out a little over a week. FTP with microtransactions. Browser (Unity-3d) based.
    First release lets you get up to lvl 25 with more levels/content coming in a week or so.
    It seems easy at first but gets harder as you level up.
    If you need a quick fix then try it. Nothing to download.
    http://cos.r2games.com/
    edited May 2013
    gctrl wrote: »
    RIFT had a lot of potential, but like many other failed MMO's the dev's made bad changes, particularly with PvP. This guy goes into great detail about it -> http://taugrim.com/2011/09/28/trion-dropped-the-ball-with-rift-patch-1-5-pvp/

Not sure if they've fixed some of this stuff since, might be worth trying again, but my gut is telling me no.

Thats from 2011, lots stuff changed, its pretty balanced pvp wise. What he said at that time was true then, but not now.
  • agentdarkagentdark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love action combat much like neverwinter but better map and character design http://tera.enmasse.com/media/screenshots
    if you play add me on my slayer on VoT "Cryptic"
  • wesleyericwesleyeric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    I'm really enjoying TERA so far. Out of the F2Ps out there, it's probably my favorite one yet, but I'm not super high up there yet. Plus, Rift isn't f2p yet and will likely soak up a ton of time for me when it is.

TSW is good, but the combat is lacking a bit. It gets pretty samey after awhile. What it does have is a great atmosphere/story to it, and the Investigations are really cool (they even have a built in web browser so you can solve them). I never got into the community all that much, but maybe that would help keep me playing a little more. Well worth a shot if you can get it on sale or something.

DCUO is fun if for the character creation. The levels are pretty bland, and for the most part it's not as polished as a lot of other MMOs, but if you like making superheroes and like the DC universe, it's worth a shot. Probably the best one to get into as a casual gamer, since most everything is included for free until you get to, like, crazy advanced end-game stuff. Then you can just get the cheap DLC, which purchasing gets you more bonuses on its own anyway regardless of what you buy.
    Echoes of Providence: A Campaign! NWS-DD6DRTTVH
    #Story #Combat #Exploration #Long #Solo
  • bulvynebulvyne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    EQ2, STO, and GW2 are the ones I enjoy the most. I like Neverwinter, but so many issues that I really can't fairly put it in my top 3 right now. Hopefully they'll get these issues worked-out.
  • bedroompunisherbedroompunisher Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    Dark Age of Camelot Dark Age of Camelot Dark Age of Camelot Dark Age of Camelot Dark Age of Camelot Dark Age of Camelot Dark Age of Camelot Dark Age of Camelot
  • clanrakkaclanrakka Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vilixiti wrote: »
    I second this exactly. I loved AC but the graphics and old engine are just a little too outdated for me these days. I'd have to say AC is the best MMO I've ever played. Sigh. Asheron's Call 3, please.

Beta AC/Leafcull here; I'll sign/fund AC3..

So many good things no one ever built on (like best loot system EVER).
  • clanrakkaclanrakka Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dark Age of Camelot Dark Age of Camelot Dark Age of Camelot Dark Age of Camelot Dark Age of Camelot Dark Age of Camelot Dark Age of Camelot Dark Age of Camelot

Once upon a time I would have agreed but ever since they abandoned the PvE aspect and the game dwindled to 1 small server it's no longer enjoyable.