test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Would you ask for a refund and leave the game?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The people who did the exploiting should not get to stay, period. But you do understand that by now they've spent that zen and AD to buy items that can be traded to other accounts that will not show up and be banned. So you get the cheaters, then dont wipe the server. Then 2 or 3 dummy accounts down they sit, with all their stuff that they can sell at a later date and time. And we're probably not talking about 1 or 2 rare items either. Imagine them sitting on 50 of the rare Nightmare horses. Or 5000 lockbox keys...Or even more then that. How about 50000 keys. Those are stackable right? How many can fit on one account. Now keep in mind that some players have probably known about this and done it since the very first day of open beta....

How the hell can you not ask for a complete wipe?
  • Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    trety2012 wrote: »
    True it's an open beta, however, many people, myself included, spent money on the game, specifically because they said, no more wipes.
    That being said, I do think perma-ban for the excessive cheaters is warranted. I also can live with them wiping, (but I'd rather not have to go through all that again), however, if they wipe then refunds should be an option I think. At minimum, all purchases need to be completely reset so that we don't lose any of the investment we made and can reuse everything we bought...

That's the thing that everyone should understand. Any zen you bought with real money will get refunded to you with the character wipe. They can totally figure that information out. It might take them a few days. But it can be done, and it's not in any stretch of the imagination unreasonable to request it.
  • Options
    hateyourforumshateyourforums Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kojjii wrote: »
    You don't deserve a quarter of what you believe you do.

You are not entitled to anything you think you are entitled to.

Companies like Perfect World, and games like Neverwinter OWE YOU NOTHING.

You sound young and idealistic, things are easier on the other side of the glass. Some people who got hacked have had their characters erased by PW because of exploits, people who spent over $200 are being cheated out of their money by making it useless as other players buy the same or even more things with exploited AD/Zen. Some of us are even unable to play a game that we paid for, because of mistakes they made. You say we're not entitled, we don't deserve it, but you're wrong, people will whine "it's a free game" no, nothing is free, paying customers are keeping it free for the rest of you. We *are* entitled to our money, we're entitled to the service we paid for. They *do* owe us something, which is equal to the amount of money we paid for.
  • Options
    shaggy73shaggy73 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you do realize with a wipe all the f2p people will quit and the game will turn into a who can pay the most real money to win game this game was to good to be ruined by zen THIS GAME SHOULD HAVE BEEN A MONTHLY MMO ON AN EVEN LEVEL PLAYING GROUND would have been a huge success imo instead its a pay to win game that will die out. you people are out of your minds giving $100's of dollars and trusting a company with that much money to play their game that they can't even manage. This glitch has been out since closed beta and was ignored meanwhile you are in trusting them with your money.
  • Options
    zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Already did.
    Waiting for the next close beta of Icarus online now.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=t56eGWgziKU

LOL that game looks like ***.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • Options
    stolly76stolly76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
    edited May 2013
    Ah well Doctordeath you're right..being told about it and not doing anything about it is a problem, but it still doesn't excuse the fact that people want to cheat.
  • Options
    kyotheman9000kyotheman9000 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Already did.
    Waiting for the next close beta of Icarus online now.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=t56eGWgziKU

Lmao i'll pass on that being same company made Tera Online, its be more of the same. Tera's combat was fun, questing and zones boring as hell very poorly made game they wanted 15bucks to play this? should been F2p from the start even so, pass on it after month of playing.
    zylaxx wrote: »
    LOL that game looks like ***.

^ ditto
  • Options
    zuluniazulunia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just requested a refund too. I was expecting some speedbumps along the way but the line has to be drawn somewhere.

$250 spent in supporting development so far and I loved it initially, but I don't feel this game is even ready for beta yet. I'll check it out later in the year, but in the mean-time playing is more frustrating than entertaining. Sure it is entertaining (the drama/bugs/exploits etc), but not in the right way.
  • Options
    daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If it were something that just sprung up as a surprise, I might (stay).. but since they knew about it and it continued on into after people began feeding them money through game purchase and zen store, then they wiped that progress out, I would walk away and I will ask for a full refund of everything that I have given them because I would feel that they were less than forthcoming.
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • Options
    morvek01morvek01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Think before you post. F2P....not a damned thing stopping the exploiters from making another account if they choose. Nothing stopping them from have 30 accounts either. Nor was anything stopping them from laundering their AD and full inventories of purple items to throw on auction later to make back the AD they lose from a roll-back or a few of their accounts that get banned because that's where all their liquid wealth of AD is located. A wipe at this point is the ONLY solution that will cover all bases with regard to the exploits that have been rampant up to now.
    If you can't be constructive in your criticism, go back to world-of-whiners.
  • Options
    mutepoint1mutepoint1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    If they do a wipe of everything, the only thing I'd ask for is all of the Zen I've paid for and my starter pack that I bought credited back to the account so I could use them.
  • Options
    jiki05jiki05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh, thank God I didn't spend a dime on this game.
  • Options
    kyotheman9000kyotheman9000 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zulunia wrote: »
    I just requested a refund too. I was expecting some speedbumps along the way but the line has to be drawn somewhere.

$250 spent in supporting development so far and I loved it initially, but I don't feel this game is even ready for beta yet. I'll check it out later in the year, but in the mean-time playing is more frustrating than entertaining. Sure it is entertaining (the drama/bugs/exploits etc), but not in the right way.

in future may learn to do your research first, clearly must be new to mmo's this isn't new thing alot of games go OB still have lots of issues its not end game product no in slightest, just because it has cash shop doesn't mean its Finished work, i played alot of games especially korean mmo's do this alot. Try not dive in or jump ban wagon until u get full sources or if product said Retail/Full Live product.
    mutepoint1 wrote: »
    If they do a wipe of everything, the only thing I'd ask for is all of the Zen I've paid for and my starter pack that I bought credited back to the account so I could use them.

they said their not wiping, most be roll back, still if u paid for starter, guardian, heroes u will still get your items and AD back, extra Zen u spend not sure I can hope or at lease give item in mail or give more Ad's.
  • Options
    daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If when I log in, my character, her items and her mount/AD/Mailbox/Auctions are not as I left them when I logged out late last night/early this morning.. I will leave, and I will ask for a refund.

I am not paying for the actions of others and I am not going to pay for bleed-over developer mistakes. Now, if they want to correct those mistakes and I have what I had when it all went wrong, I am willing to stay with them and play on, happily. If they want to punish me, undervalue my time and my effort in obtaining what I did by leaving in a severely game-breaking series of bugs but all of the while taking my money and ensuring that all will be well, I will walk away and take my money with me, running my mouth to anyone who will listen about "Neverwinter Online"
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • Options
    foundrymakerfoundrymaker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 253 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    weirdmoose wrote: »
    How's the idea?

Well, as a founder, I would. Mainly due to the fact that Cryptic has known about the bugs since closed beta and yet didn't fix them. There are so many good F2P MMo's out there, that I wonder if they survive this problem. They don't deserve to.

I don't see a title on your name, but to the point. I haven't spent 1 cent on this game (unless you count the cost of my ISP to download it) and people who are rich enough to pay for a beta deserve what they get IMHO.

I'll play free and mess with the foundry until something better comes along
  • Options
    jiki05jiki05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I've been burned too many times by "founder" programs to even think about spending any here before trying it out and giving it a year or so.
  • Options
    voodoofrostvoodoofrost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No cash refund is EVER happening. Paying money during a beta (no matter what YOU want to call it) is your own risk. ToS.

A ZEN refund, now that would make sense. Also, still not necessary. Once all is said and done, no matter what happens, there will be a few people who are unhappy and leave. There will be a lot more who are unhappy, come here to scream about it, and then go back in game and continue playing. Then there's the rest of us. Logic-minded people who understand nobody can please everybody, but see these guys really trying HARD to please as many of us as possible.
    Even if nothing is done with the economy, it WILL level out eventually. This is a game, not Zimbabwe. ;)
    ign: Samedi
    TR, Beholder Server
  • Options
    guruchazguruchaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pardexxx wrote: »
    I was thinking the same. I saw people talking about refunds in other posts but personally, I don't know how. It would be cool if someone can explain how to claim a refund or something!

The problem now with wiping the servers is that those who already spent money on the Founder's Packs and anything costing Zen would be totally screwed out of their items and money...unless they keep a record of everything each player purchased and also restore that.

You can't open the Zen shop and then just wipe out everything people bought.