test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What other good MMOs out there right now?

regnorvexregnorvex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm sure they will post their plan soon and then the servers will be down the rest of the night while they work on the plan. Meanwhile, I'm jones'ing for another MMO to play. I can't imagine trying to craft or buy anything in the current economic meltdown, and it doesn't look like they are wiping the servers clean, so it's hard to get excited about playing again. Elders Scrolls Online is off in the distance, and I've played GW2 all I want. Anything else out there look good?
"Men do not stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes
Post edited by regnorvex on

Comments

• narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Depends on what you like,

I think Ragnarok online 2 is playable now, I have not tried it yet too cartoony for me.

Age of Wushu is fun IF and ONLY if you like open world pvp where someone can gank you in town for looking at them funny. I get a lot of kicks ganking people in it. Its a beautiful Chinese world with historic mixed with fables of chinese lore/history.

For quick time killing games you will get bored of fast there are several mmo's on facebook you could waste time with till servers come back up.

Thats about all I have on my list of playables and not tired of playing at the moment for f2p games.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • elkysiumelkysium Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I've been looking ever since I left AC (Asheron's Call). Still looking for one to satisfy me like AC did. If it wasn't for the graphics and old engine I would probably still be playing it. I have yet to find one that is decent that doesn't have some type of profit scheme (Cash shop) and cares for the game itself and not the profit.
    Dragon Shard:
    Dorlin: Level 65 GF/2nd Account: Calias/62
    Elkysium: Level 65 CW/2nd Account: Krystalyn/62
    Artemis: Level 65 TR/2nd Account: Fayne/62
    Zantoth: Level 65 DC/2nd Account: Nemea/62
    Kryndar: Level 65 HR/2nd Account: Lilith/62
    Goreb: Level 65 GWF/2nd Account: Tysha/62
    Bamidor: Level 65 OP/2nd Account: Valindra/62
  • biggigbegbiggigbeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    for free to play I would say a mixture of Scarlet Blade- game has mature content, scantily clad females, 4 classes but korean grinder mostly. SWTOR is ok cept the free to play is very restrictive. DC Universe online isn't bad but I haven't played that much. City of Steam browser based game is ok, it's like an rpg but I did find I became underleveled content wise. I usually just do a search on google for free to play mmo and then from whichever portal site I find download / load up a game of choice. Sometimes I go to my isp's site games.on.net as I get free download quota's that way.
  • lollielollie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    RIFT f2p June 12th.
  • wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    RIFT goes F2P on 6/12/2013. I look forward to uninstalling Perfect World's greedy horse manure money grab exploit hacker game after I get my refund and playing Rift for free.
  • dawgtidedawgtide Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Star Wars the Old Republic
    DC Universe Online
    Lord of the Rings Online

Just to name 3 good ones that you can start for free.
  • regnorvexregnorvex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    I might go back to Path of Exile. Not an MMO, but the best Action RPG since D2. Maybe even better. But I'd rather be MMO'ing. None of the titles mentioned so far are very appealing, I took a look at Wushu, and that has some potential, but my wife doesn't like non-consensual PvP and I want something we can play together. I hear GW2 has added a lot of new content since we left to play PoE, maybe I'll check that out again. It wasn't bad, tho it was yet another P2W.
    "Men do not stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes
  • ryude2ryude2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This was the first game I thought could be just as good as D2, then I found out about the exploits and how bad Cryptic is at fixing them.
  • regnorvexregnorvex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    We did SWTOR, biggest disappointment of all time. Hmm, LoTRo. I played that a while and all I remember was that there was no real healing class (which is what I usually play). There was a funky Minstrel type, but it wasn't really a healer. I do remember AC, I played on the Black server in beta and loved that game for the longest time (speaking of disappointments, AC2...). Man, some fond memories of figuring out the tapers and killing Drudges lol. If the Grinding Gears guys (developers of Path of Exile) ever do an MMO, I'll buy one of their $1000 Diamond support packages without knowing a thing about it. Best dev team on the planet.
  • truegamer0truegamer0 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Haven't played it in quite awhile, but Aion is pretty good.
  • draekusdraekus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rift is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. F2P or not. Worst most unfair pvp this side of WoW.

DCUO is still a great game.

I highly recommend Guild Wars 2. Extremely solid with my favorite combat system of all time.

I've been playing Guild Wars 2, Neverwinter and DCUO.
  • ryude2ryude2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't play GW2, the combat is so boring and the skills being bound to weapons is horrible imo. You have to swap between weapons in order to use certain skills and ughhhh
  • shaggy73shaggy73 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rift is terrible kept me entertained for a few hours after cap guild wars 2 is boring now swotor is garbage im lost
  • callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I heard pokeman was gud gaem
  • adabisiadabisi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I play Fallen Earth as I love the superb crafting and it is post apocalypse.

It is a freemium game it is free to play but for a modest sub price you get enahnced harvesting and other perks.

I also waste time on STo as I am a lifer and Romulans are about to launch.
    Today we fight the GAULS......monstrous and HAIRY beyond reason.
  • fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will probably play TESO unless the plan is good.
    edited May 2013
    A bunch of mmos coming though: Wildstar, ESO, Phantasy Star Online 2, ArcheAge, Dragon's Prophet, etc.
  • elkysiumelkysium Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    AC2 broke my heart :(

Tapers and Drudges and Lugians, Oh MY! lol.

Played on Wintersebb.

Don't forget the portal storms :P
    Dragon Shard:
    Dorlin: Level 65 GF/2nd Account: Calias/62
    Elkysium: Level 65 CW/2nd Account: Krystalyn/62
    Artemis: Level 65 TR/2nd Account: Fayne/62
    Zantoth: Level 65 DC/2nd Account: Nemea/62
    Kryndar: Level 65 HR/2nd Account: Lilith/62
    Goreb: Level 65 GWF/2nd Account: Tysha/62
    Bamidor: Level 65 OP/2nd Account: Valindra/62
  • krehlmarkrehlmar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    draekus wrote: »
    Rift is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. F2P or not. Worst most unfair pvp this side of WoW.

I highly recommend Guild Wars 2. Extremely solid with my favorite combat system of all time.

Wouldn't say Rift is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, but I bought it at launch and it's very "meh". Not worth the time imo sadly. It has some nice features but is let down by an overall feel of "meh" and the PvP sucking *** (which should be its strong point).

GW2 has great platforming/exploration/hjump puzzles BUT it's a HUGE downgrade in the sense of controls compared to Neverwinter. This is coming from someone (me) who was top 10 in PvP ladder points a while.
    The castle raids (realm versus realm) is fun at first but never mount up to anything but mostly mindless zerging al
  • fermifermi Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    callmedeux wrote: »
    I heard pokeman was gud gaem

I herd you like mudkips?
  • robilllardrobilllard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    regnorvex wrote: »
    I might go back to Path of Exile. Not an MMO, but the best Action RPG since D2. Maybe even better. But I'd rather be MMO'ing. None of the titles mentioned so far are very appealing, I took a look at Wushu, and that has some potential,

most true statement evarrrr. POE was awesome. and i would dare say better than d2. much better than garbage d3 and it was in BETA. now I was gonna try age of wushu but i heard bad things about cash scammers and people losing their credit cards and such. I wouldnt' spend any money anyway but still. my vote is for swtor. I was playing that before finding neverwinter. but would much rather play neverwinter. In swtor you can spend 5 bucks and become a premium member and get more perks than free. But member is still better. the combat is just slow for me though. seems laggy.
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There is not a single MMO On the market as good as Neverwinter. Not a F2P or a P2P!

The only recent title I would recommend would be Injustice: Gods Among Us on X360. Probably the best thing out there, The story is fantastic and it is the best game out for any same couch play!

You know, when you actually have another human in the room with you playing.

EDIT: I did Download Star Trek today and it looks really good! Should be booming to with the Movie being released this weekend!
  • solidor80solidor80 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    good games that i have played.

Tera= exellent combat, open world and best graphics i have seen so far in mmorpg.Ihave reached lv 60(max) and i quit for a while.
    Raiderz= ya is a pwi game but its a fantastic game and it is not p2w.combat its like tera.
    those are the best i have played
    some others good games are age of wushu, maestia,shin megami tensei imagine....i have played a lot of them just ask and i tell u if its good or not
  • robilllardrobilllard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this thread is like a thread I wanted to make. You can't just make people happy. whenever people talk about other mmo's they aer so biased about certain things. some people love the pvp, others don't. So i just wanted to make a thread asking what OP asked. what exactly is a good MMO cuz according to all of the nerds out there. all of them suck. if not p2w. which most don't understand that term even.

I think neverwinter has great potential and is really fun so far. I hope PW continues with their updates and makes this game great.
  • bearn1bearn1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    draekus wrote: »

People like you are why MMO's suck so bad these days. Go back to your stupid FPS and PvP and leave the MMo's to PvE content like it should be.
  • voodoofrostvoodoofrost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ragnarok Online 2 is fun, if you can handle the manga/cartoony style. However, Ragnarok Online, the original, is STILL fun, and both are F2P/P2W. You CAN play both, and very enjoyably, without spending a cent.

Then there's these...if you just want to get some old school gaming on:
    http://www.playr.org/games
    http://www.classicgamesarcade.com/
    http://www.online-games-zone.com/pages/classic.php
    ign: Samedi
    TR, Beholder Server
  • porpoisealertporpoisealert Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited May 2013
    Rift and Secret World are both worth looking into. SW is buy to play and Rift (probably the best MMO I have ever played) goes F2P soon.
  • moonlilly73moonlilly73 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /sigh I guess i'll look around the forums for a guild to join. Sucks to try to play for the first time and get stuck waiting on things to be fixed. Games usually have issues at first. I thought Star Trek was a bit boring, I liked GW2, and RIFT for a while. When people start to dwindle and there isn't much going on in game I tend to get bored. You can always play something other than an MMO...
  • reknobreknob Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everquest 2 is a f2p.but for the best eq2 experience a sub is needed...but for now the f2p will do for any "jonezing"you might have
  • bubblerumbubblerum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    There is not a single MMO On the market as good as Neverwinter. Not a F2P or a P2P!

Agreed :)
    but since the servers are down ATM
    I would recommend Tera:Rising