test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Art Asset Requests

Comments

• Options
    vixisynvixisyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    GIANT CAVERN MAPS THAT ARE EVEN SURFACED!!!

I would love to build some Underdark cities, but trying to flatten out the existing cave maps with platforms is awful. I know these maps exist, the drow city in the Whispering Caverns is a good example... so please for the love of the Gods give me a giant flat cave map.

ALTERNATIVELY - If you guys could come out with "sky setting" for an outdoor map that mimics the ceiling of a cave, some of us more creative types can use one of those as well.
    vixybanner4_zpsbe1d5d4b.jpg
  • Options
    fromoverfromover Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Accessories: Small ropes and chains to tie things down with. Also some hooks of various sizes to hang carcuses or what ever.

Ambiance: Windows with light coming from them (candlelight, static light and different color hues).
    -Darkness blocks (all different sizes) so we can make a specific area completely dark or an entire room completely dark, and if possible make them susceptible to any light you may place within. So we CAN have a light at the end of the tunnel.:)
    -bar and pub music loops please!

NPC Mechanics: Sit - on a chair, stool, a rock, a pile of bones, a wall, ETC ETC. (prolly can use same animation as the player /sit and/or the ride mount animation as well)
    Sleep on the side not only on the back. (ehem, with eyes closed would be good too)
    Give the NPC their own trigger during Patrol, so we can make an NPC Appear as normal but then dissapear when the NPC reaches a certain area. Trying to time this with events the player has to do and make it look fluid is a pain. (For example: Player enters area, Player triggers a marker, NPC appears from door-1 and starts one way patrol, NPC walks to another door, NPC triggers a maker and disappears at door-2)

Thanks for listening!
    Ultimately they will become empty, mindless spectres,
    Stripped of will and soul. Only their thirst for freedom gives them hunger for
    Vengeance...

~Neil Peart
  • Options
    foglhadhafoglhadha Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    - Boats. Gallions, Privateers, Rowboats. We need Water Based boats that aren't broken.
    - More Castle pieces.
    - Black Smoke (Fog)
    - Mounted NPC's
    - Timed Explosion Effects (want to have a siege LOOK like a siege)
    - More Trees: Oak would be awesome, Weeping Willow, and at least 1 massive tree that looks inhabited. (Wood Elf theme)
    - Destroyable bridges / objects
    - Village objects. Small roundhouses, little farms, great halls.
    - Trebuchet, Burning Oil
    - Would be awesome to have firing siege weapons. So you mark where they should continuously fire at and you can see the contrails.

But Boats are the critical part I was baffled that there were none. Only airships.
    neverwinter-sig.jpg
    Live a Celtic Legend. Play: The Four Relics of Eire - NWS-DMUA64N8G | Subscribe: @foglhadha
  • Options
    coanunncoanunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 368 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Carrion Crawler and other more "non humanoid" encounters. The D&D world is filled with a TON of ghastly and horrible monsters that are nothing like a humanoid. It would be nice to be able to include them in our work.
    Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!
  • Options
    apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Desert themed assets, sand, ruins, temple, plants, and maps all set in the desert. This would be magical!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    varnavarna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Model assets not yet available in Foundry

I saw some great assets today while doing the level 59 Mind Flayer skirmish that I'd love to get my hands on:
    -A lamp model with floating purple crystals embedded within it
    -Large bismuth gate with animation for opening
    -Small floating clusters of Bismuth (the small cluster is available in the foundry, but there is no version with this "float" animation)

New asset request

- I would love an FX detail object that simply adds a screen shake effect-- useful for cave-ins, explosions, many other applications. There is a screen-shake currently baked into the "Dust Ring" effect that could probably be appropriated for this.
  • Options
    iakkyiakky Member Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Things:
    • More chests - there is not like normal chest
    • More misc - more barrels and things you can populate rooms with. There is so much space you have to populate with stuff and we dont want it to be still the same stuff.
    • More default banners - hanging on wall in small and large variations but default.. only like few colors without any symbol. Or default symbols which are not related to any Neverwinter group.
    • In one Cryptic quest I saw like hanging sheet that was covering entrance (like you hide entrance behind a large sheet). It was so cool but it is not in Foundry. Like object that you can go through.. for example if you cover entrance with rug then you cant walk through it. I think I saw it in some quest in Tower district with Orcs... It is so cool.. I know you had there one big for big entrance and then some small that were hiding chest which was like "chest encounter".

NPCs:
    • More of common clothing.
    • More of clothing and armor that is not related to classes.
    • More of simple clothing
    • Option of skirt instead of pants (for both man and woman)
    • More of shirts/tunics that are long for example to the knees. So you dont have to wear pants.. As it was in ancient Greece and so on..
    • Option of facial hair (like really that is important)

Buildings
    • More types of human buildings.. like poor buildings, old buildings and so on. Some like rough stone buildings, like in a that poor rough looking way of just stone and some wood. Nothing fancy but rough like from some older age.
    • More kind of buildings that are savage looking, like Orc tents, or some tents of savage people living by hunter-gatherer style of life...
    • Houses that are for example on trees or so. Like interesting houses. You could wotk more with concept of Lizzard high wooden houses.

Go for more rough style.. I know that Neverwinter has more or less fairytale kind of visual style, but it would be fine to have some rough, dirty, old, savage, or stone age looking stuff...
    ID: NW-DBYLAUS93
    ID:NW-DCNH66D94
  • Options
    iakkyiakky Member Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Maybe option to make your graphic in some way? to put skin on stuff? Like I do digital drawing so I could make graphic on some objects.. Like there would be default objects without skin (only the 3D model) and we could put skin on it. It could be just in some simple way doesnt have to be like complex so much... just to have a skin on object and we could take that skin and draw on it and then safe it on that object...
    ID: NW-DBYLAUS93
    ID:NW-DCNH66D94
  • Options
    ixsparixspar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What really needs to be happening is to start with Monster Manual I and start putting all of them in the Foundry. Stirges, ropers, kracken for water adventures, dragon turtles, deep gnomes (sverfneblin), githyanki. People get tired of kobolds and orcs, we need bugbears.

Yes, I want it all. ...and I would appreciate your cooperation in this matter. :P
  • Options
    crypticmapoliscrypticmapolis Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 240 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the great suggestions everyone! We're working on adding new Foundry assets from these sticky threads now, so keep the ideas flowing as they come to you :)
  • Options
    glumm66glumm66 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    High-end furnishings and wall decorations. Padlocks.

Bugbears, owlbears, minotaurs, giant rats.

For npc behavior animation: Fighting (swinging weapon) and firing a bow
  • Options
    wolf213wolf213 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Post deleted. I found the asset. >.<
  • Options
    darkenedeye1fdarkenedeye1f Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What we really need is a customisable encounter mechanism. So we select the monster type from a huge list (I.e. monster manual list), and then the encounter strength and attack type as we currently do. However we also get to select boss / solo or preferred number of opponent. Where no existing monster is within the current database of encounters, then we get an appropriate mix of default types - such as animal melee, animal archer, humanoid melee, humanoid archer, humanoid magic (or skirmisher, brute, etc but generally I find those definitions less helpful) - which we are then requested to customise from the skins that are available for that type (so animal would only show animal skins that work with the attacks for example). Customisation would also include customisation of Fx for attacks/abilities - so that a blue ranged bolt without special debuffs could be recoloured for example. Or a specific ability could be given a different effect animation from a list.
  • Options
    thestoryteller01thestoryteller01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. a bunch of animals
    2. another bunch of animals
    3. still another bunch of animals

AND a set of animal encounter blueprints for 1-5 mobs
    In case you find my grammar or spelling weird ---> native german speaker ;)
  • Options
    vesharanvesharan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1) Vampires
    2) Ghosts/Wraiths
    3) Dragonkind!
    4) Ornate display pedestals that you can place objects on
    5) Gargoyles
    6) Greater range of elementals
    7) Bosses!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    abaddonliveabaddonlive Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    - Wooden walls/different types of interior wall/floor-patterns.
    (Gets frustrating if you are setting up a room that has the right size but the wrong walls/floorpatterns. Doing it by yourself takes hours and hours!)
    - Interior lamps that actually makes the room brighter
    ("paper lamps" for an example doesn't really makes much of a difference in a dark room)
    -Jumping/swimming Fish!
    (Or atleast something else to put in the water!)
    - Straw hats/fishing hats/leather hats..
    (something that doesn't make your whole head dissappear behind a leather mask.)
    - Seaguills that flies above your head
    (Instead of crows)
    - Wooden houses made out of pine trees.
    - Green slimy water
    - exterior/interior "window-plants"
    - drapes, curtains that is not either filthy or five hundred feet tall ;)
    - vegetarian food on plates
    - glass/ pincher with red wine
    - bubbling witch's cauldron
    - floating magic books
    - sweeper that sweeps the floor by itself
    - an owl (with sound)
    - slowly moving chandelier (with light effects that moves with it)
    - a whole pig in a plate/ half eaten cow on a spike/ gigant grilled horseleg.

(Thanks for a fantastic job so far!)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    - Basilisk
    - Carrion Crawler
    - Dark Creeper Necromancer
    - Lich
    - Purple Worm
    - Vampires
  • Options
    havoclhavocl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    Flesh to Stone. Maybe an animation for every costume that will change the NPC into a statue.
    Conflict between sworn enemies (NWS-DB3HIQPRH) by Havoc988 :
    It started with a burglary
    Then it got friendly
    But it ended badly
  • Options
    kyouchoukyouchou Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm trying to put together a campaign that takes place in a forest. It would really speed things up considerably if we had some Birch Tree cluster objects and/or "Young Deciduous Forest" cluster objects of multiple tree types added to go along with the "Pine" and "Twisted" tree clusters already in place. As it is, I have a total of 3 Birch tree varieties (full leaf, not fall or winter), and I can't really make a forest out of that, and even just using them as accents at the edges of clearings and such is overly time consuming and lacks variety.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kyouchou wrote: »
    It would really speed things up considerably if we had some Birch Tree cluster objects and/or "Young Deciduous Forest" cluster objects of multiple tree types added to go along with the "Pine" and "Twisted" tree clusters already in place.

You know you can drag-select multiple detail objects and cut-n-paste (and rotate) whole groups, right?
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085
    edited May 2013
    Bird/angelic wings as well as aura graphical FX for NPC costumes.
    Would be great for making extraplanar creatures.

Bat-like wings for devils and demons aren't a problem, but everything else is.
  • Options
    screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hill Giants

and sometime later... Kuo Toa!

For my current project though, I can't be totally accurate without: Yetis, Ice Toads, Snow Leopards, and White Dragons. :(

Just need a lot more monster types, but I suppose that will come.
  • Options
    kikikaboomkikikaboom Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Horses without tack and harness, as they might be found in the wild.
  • Options
    methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I second the ability to import our own (static or otherwise) 3d assets. I played with the Foundry a bit, but found it severely lacking. I don't like that we can't have boss fights, I don't like that we can't have treasure chests, I don't like the limited amount of monsters. Seriously, what were you thinking when you limited the monsters in the Foundry??!??

I know you guys are using Max. I am proposing this:

Offer a list of all the in-game animations for monsters. Attack, defend, die, etc. Allow us freelance modelers and animators to do some of the work for you. Obviously certain monsters would be off-limits, since you probably already have them in your pipeline. If the few of us that know animation and modeling have access to at least the list of animations, we can work on monsters ourselves. (I for one, wouldn't mind trying to tackle a carrion crawler. That's a LOT of rigging I've never attempted ;) ) I know Cryptic once released their animation rig, previously. Access to the humanoid rig, plus any others you can get away with providing would be nice. If you're using CAT, let us know, so we can just start from there. CAT would allow us to share animations to fellow artists. We're also gonna need a poly limit.

Doing it like this, however will cause problems. Either the new models/animations will have to be patched into the game or each Foundry module will have to include a separate file archive, similar to what we used in Neverwinter Nights, aka Hak Paks. If you don't have the hak pak, you can't run the module.

All of the new monsters would need QC, obviously, to check for bad normals, seams in textures, jumping animations etc., especially if they're being patched into the game.

I'll come back, when I think about environments.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    methuselas wrote: »
    I second the ability to import our own (static or otherwise) 3d assets.

I proposed the same thing months ago. That'd be nice - I think it would *rapidly* generate new content they could easily use.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?64731-Open-Source-Creature-Modeling-for-3D-experts
  • Options
    viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really think we need more interior detail assets specifically shadowfell themed items, we also need more castle type room interiors, as well as more exterior area details. I also think we need a more robust selection of encounters please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sketchsevensketchseven Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't agree with the whole 'we should be able to import our own assets' thing - it will simply open up a massive can of legal worms in terms of copyright and objectionable material. Use the tools you have, use them creatively, everyone on a level playing field.

If you really want to make stuff, download Unity and crank out your own little dungeon crawler.
  • Options
    saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I found the following missing while making an indoor map;

-vase with flowers (simple; as in 1 or 2 flowers on stem in vase for 1 detail budget)
    -folded/ stacked clothes
    -towels
    -pillows and blankets
    -(wooden) tub

More hanging lamps (for the interior kit) wouldn't go amiss either.