test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

If there is a rollback, will I lose the work I've done in the Foundry?

2»

Comments

• Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    The foundry was on a separate server through closed beta/alpha and they had to have a deadline to make changes and then they would upload to the beta server before beta weekends.

We are now all on one server.

That being said, I doubt that foundry progression will be lost, we may have to republish our quests but I don't think the quests we currently have sitting in the foundry editor will be affected.

I could be wrong, I could be right until a dev gives us solid information I am going with the "expect the worst and hope for the best" mindset.

I know a lot of my in game friends (authors) are going to quit if they lose their progression, as I imagine a ton of players will.

Indeed, it would be truly heart-breaking for us authors to see our work flushed down a metaphorical toilet because of some exploit we had no idea existed until today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kyeo138kyeo138 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They can wipe the servers til their hearts content during open beta, but don't lose my foundry stuff! I put way more time into working on the foundry quests than actually playing the game so far :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kyeo138 wrote: »
    They can wipe the servers til their hearts content during open beta, but don't lose my foundry stuff! I put way more time into working on the foundry quests than actually playing the game so far :)

For me just having to spend time leveling to 15 to access my Foundry mission again would be terrible. How am I to know that it will even still be there when I reach level 15? So far I don't think they're going to do a full wipe, but all the whiners calling for one on here is really worrying me. They seem like 60-80% of the player base if you look at the polls, which obviously CAN'T be true, no way that many people would want all their progress wiped..... I hope Cryptic/PWE does not listen to those trolls. It could ruin this game for nearly all the publishers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They aren't doing a wipe, confirmed through a twitter post (you can find a thread with it in the general discussion forum)

Still waiting for a Dev to speak up.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I noticed. Sure am glad. I think all the people calling for wipes on here were probably exploiters. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lovepeaslovepeas Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just reading all the support, encouragement, and offers to help in this thread alone shows what an awesome community the foundry has. Thanks all.
    The Delusions Quartet
    Act 1: Nightmare on Market Street
    Act 2: My Best Friend's Evil Wedding
  • Options
    eb2013eb2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I for one am only here because of the foundry. If my foundry work gets rolled back a day or two I will not continue to play this game or create content for it. I'd rather they wipe my character than roll back my foundry work even an hour.

Try my quest Tucker's Kobolds, now with an all new map and encounters!
    Version 2.0.2 (5/11/2013)
    NW-DGW8GFH6
    @EB2013

Part II Coming Soon!
  • Options
    dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is all just my own speculation - but based on this recent post at 6:35, and parsing the meaning of "verifying the exact timeline," it intimates some kind of rollback is going to take place, likely calculated to the time where they could reduce most of the damage at the minimum of cost to the average player:

Update 6:35 PM Pacific: We have a plan of action. We're verifying the exact timeline with the Neverwinter team, then we'll be triple-checking the planned forum post with all key stakeholders before posting. We're not finished yet, folks, but we're getting closer.

If this is right, the question (which we will soon find out) is what type of rollback will it be (shard-wide or just for particular accounts?), how long, and if shard-wide - which I am guessing - what is of interest to the community here is what if any impact will it have on foundry content and reviews?

I think it goes without saying that rolling back foundry content would be very disheartening, bordering I'm sure on the ragequit variety for some. I certainly hope they have the ability to do this surgically without cutting out all the healthy tissue..

EDIT 7:10 Then again, this speculation could all be completely wrong as timeline could refer to when the shards come back online..

Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Rolling back Foundry missions will result in this game's death IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    eb2013eb2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They're charging their foundry destroying laser!

Try my quest Tucker's Kobolds, now with an all new map and encounters!
    Version 2.0.2 (5/11/2013)
    NW-DGW8GFH6
    @EB2013

Part II Coming Soon!
  • Options
    ellindar1ellindar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As one of Chili's author friends I can tell you... that in the last 24 hours alone I bet I put 16 hours into Ask Not Whence the Thunder Comes trying to finish this behemoth of a quest up. Tons of polish and edits ALL over the map. Dialog. On and on. Stuff I can't duplicate back to where it was and we're talking RIGHT UP UNTIL the server went down today. If they roll any foundry stuff back and I lose even the last 8 hours of stuff I have to be done and leave. It would be absolutely back breaking.
    Halls_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    sshatesshate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    They wiped characters several times in Close Beta and Beta Weekends. Foundry quests are not affected.
  • Options
    sulfurbladesulfurblade Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am fairly sure that your foundry missions are saved on your local machine until you export them to the server via a publish.... I am not 100% on that but it would seem to make sense to me that they would free up that data space by saving it locally....

However the ability to utilize the GUI and objects they have created to make the foundry function needs the game to be online...
    Foundry Name: "The Search for the Epic Blade" (@Sulfurblade)
    Foundry Map: From Scratch "Sulfur's Resting Place"
    Type: Quest, Story, Open World 1 player
    Current State: Version 1.0 Try it with code below.

Short Code: NW-DHN3BHYOT
  • Options
    chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sshate wrote: »
    They wiped characters several times in Close Beta and Beta Weekends. Foundry quests are not affected.

In the beta the foundry was on a different server and uploaded manually to the beta server by Cryptic before each beta weekend.

This is all on the same server now. That's not to say that the foundry will or will not be affected, but it's a completely different scenario now.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    ofkathriaofkathria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    In the beta the foundry was on a different server and uploaded manually to the beta server by Cryptic before each beta weekend.

This is all on the same server now. That's not to say that the foundry will or will not be affected, but it's a completely different scenario now.

I don't see why. Worst case scenario: they copy all existing Foundry content to another location (such as the previous beta server), perform the rollback, then copy it back over.