test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The cheaters want a wipe

gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Cheaters benefit more from the wipe than anyone else. The best solution is to take down the servers as long as they need. Even if this means dropping the servers down for a few days. They can easily ban the cheaters, roll back those that dealt with them, and even roll back the servers. They can take a big long lengthy process to fix as much damage as possible. Before this boom most people were against a wipe even with the previous exploits. If this day didn't happen then most people would still be against the wipe.

The ones who benefit the most from the wipe are the cheaters. They're already going to get banned but that's no punishment for them. Why? Oh no! Their account got banned so they lose everything on it! Oh, wait. Everyone else got their stuff wiped too. No problem.. new account and.. they're now on the same page as everyone else. Most cheaters want to be on top. That's why they cheat. To maintain an advantage. This gives them a second shot of being on top as everyone else will be equal.

Bans do not permanently stop someone from making accounts. Many people know how to circumvent Hardware, IP, and even other types of bans. It does prevent them from using that character and if they sniff out their alts/main characters they have a significant amount to lose. If they're the ones punished they suffer the most. While everyone still has their items, their gear, and their legitimately earned currency they're back to level 1 in rags.
Post edited by gaerolth on

Comments

• Options
    kargisterkargister Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gold sellers want a wipe. You know why? They've already sold a lot of gold and they aren't giving anyone a refund. A wipe means more sales for them. Of course you have people on the forums screaming for rollbacks or wipes. They're gold sellers....
  • Options
    joe15552joe15552 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You are both correct. Anyone that says otherwise knows nothing about economics. Enjoy.
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    SO much fail and facepalm in this thread.

I suppose I could go on tangent and say that everyone who says "everyone that wants a wipe is a cheater" are in fact themselves the cheats...see how easy this game is folks? come on and jump in to misinformation forum wars...
  • Options
    rustybladesrustyblades Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    Everyone who doesn't want a wipe still has their mules and don't care the account they used to exploit the AH got banned - they already made off with the goods.
  • Options
    pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I used the exploit today and I dont care if they wipe or not. Fact is though they wont be wiping.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everyone who doesn't want a wipe still has their mules and don't care the account they used to exploit the AH got banned - they already made off with the goods.

^ This makes a lot more sense than the OP.
  • Options
    tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    More ******* fail cheaters trying any argument they can to stop a wipe.
    I hope you guys get gang-F'd irl.
  • Options
    revelantgamesrevelantgames Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gaerolth wrote: »
    ... ... ... Bans do not permanently stop someone from making accounts. Many people know how to circumvent Hardware, IP, and even other types of bans... While everyone still has their items, their gear, and their legitimately earned currency they're back to level 1 in rags.

Losing time invested into anything cannot be good for business. Perhaps that is why PW is not considering the rollback as an option. However, this does provide an opportunity for players to gain access to rare content at an earlier stage in their gameplay. It has its pros and cons.
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol wipe or not wouldnt fase the cheaters/exploiters they just get the gold and sell it regardless it would however make all the founders cry and im not sure if theres anyone skilled enough anymore to make an ark big enough for that flood lol
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    stonedbillstonedbill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A complete wipe will never happen. For founders, the reason most of us bought the packs were to get the early access. Not to mention, for the people who actually legit grinded t2 epics and made legit money on the AH, a roll back too is unfair. I literally made 3m last night from LEGIT sales. I have a legit t2 set that I've earned and working now on T3's, a wipe or a rollback is unfair to the legit player. Let cryptic do their job and ban the ****ers OP has a major point most people see past. I agree with him.
    1ovlbg9.png

Smoke@stonedbill - Mindflayer - 60 Rogue
  • Options
    ro7shadowro7shadow Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Hard to understand the logic where you earned the legitimate currency which is now worth nothing and you don't want the wipe.
  • Options
    zodatzodat Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    ^ This makes a lot more sense than the OP.
    again ^

I'd rather start fresh, zen purchases refunded, and no xplt-AD in the economy then watch muled accounts take over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You know what I saw when I read this thread, just in a different flavor...

"Hi, I am Jodi Arias and I am guilty of a brutal murder, PLEASE KILL ME I WANT TO DIE!"

If you don't know her, then get your read on and keep up with current events.
  • Options
    spellwardenspellwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 357 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I am a founder. I got to play the game 3 days early. And I am fine with that. I do not care about getting another 3 days. I just want to make sure that the game is exploit free. And I dont think that is feasible without a wipe
  • Options
    zodatzodat Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know what I saw when I read this thread, just in a different flavor...

"Hi, I am Jodi Arias and I am guilty of a brutal murder, PLEASE KILL ME I WANT TO DIE!"

If you don't know her, then get your read on and keep up with current events.

That ****s reality TV you weak minded slug.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kajiwhtkajiwht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    dont really care about the cheaters or the goldsellers...
    goldsellers in specific wont benefit from this because if there is a wipe... NO ONE WILL BE DUMB ENOUGH TO BUY FROM THEM AGAIN...today... they buy from goldsellers because they think it's safe... that they will get what they want for the money they pay... if they do make a wipe and refund the official buyers ... the non-official buyers will be scammed... and will learn not to trust non-official sources... gold sellers will break down as they will lose customers...
    cheaters... if u dont make a wipe... they already have mules pilled with itens... they will have more advantage if u dont ban them that if u did... all starts from 0 = all equal... if u dont wipe... the cheaters still have their stuff... maybe even their main chars... coz they have mules!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zodat wrote: »
    That ****s reality TV you weak minded slug.

OH MY GOSH!!!! LMAO!!!!! PLEASE, please you are not being serious? If you are, you just showed that you might not be the brightest crayon in the box...

You do know she committed a brutal murder of her ex BF Travis Alexander right? Do you even know what reality TV is?
  • Options
    pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    OH MY GOSH!!!! LMAO!!!!! PLEASE, please you are not being serious? If you are, you just showed that you might not be the brightest crayon in the box...

You do know she committed a brutal murder of her ex BF Travis Alexander right? Do you even know what reality TV is?

Well technically it is TV that is talking about reality. But I digress, it isnt the TLC **** reality show that seems to perpetuate the air waves now.
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also agree, the cheaters are the ones begging for a wipe. They want another shot to exploit and rush to the top. I say just ban them and put them back at the bottom of the totem pole where they belong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They need better forum servers... I hate double posts...
  • Options
    blaumkerblaumker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    I wish people would think past the end of their nose.

This exploit involves AD, which has a direct link to real world currency. Finding anyone that was actually dumb enough to use that to buy zen would be mind blowingly easy. Finding those that accumulated it from negative auction house purchases should be just as easy, as AD purchases should be easily logged. That means that virtually all of it can be cleansed without a wipe, and those that outright utilized this can be banned or wiped without doing it to the rest.

Easy doesn't necessarily mean fast, especially when they didn't bother to have someone on staff with the clout(or balls, I dunno which was missing) to pull the server plug yesterday instead of letting it grow to the size it did before going so.

But, if a wipe would occur, so what? If "most people bought founder for early access", as one person posted, and these people leave, then the game just took a massive IQ jump for the better. We won't lose our total founder purchase in AD and goods, we'll simply lose our game progress. I realize that it sucks to lose it, but I've had top end gear in many games and frankly if you can get it once, it's not that hard to get it twice--the mere knowledge of how to do it makes the process of doing it twice fairly trivial. I know that I for one DIDN'T buy the founder pack for the early access, rather, I bought it for the permanent boost that not starting from zero AD, no mount, and the inconvenience of terrible low level weaponry gave me and will continue to give me on any reroll.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I get my news from actual media, Newspapers, CNN, Fox, MSN, etc..

In case he doesn't know... things like American Idol, The Voice, Dancing With Stars, Honey Boo Boo, Duck Dynasty (that seems to be popular), Real Housewives (insert city here) are examples of reality TV.

I mean if you want to get really technical, NOTHING on TV is actual reality since it is delayed getting to you and is delayed by a few seconds.
  • Options
    kajiwhtkajiwht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    CHEATERS HAVE MULES... u guys re blind to that lol....
    They probably didnt even cheat on their main chars... they re just gonna lose mules...
    ban a mule... so what? he's still there... still benefiting from the scamm and cheats
  • Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kargister wrote: »
    Gold sellers want a wipe. You know why? They've already sold a lot of gold and they aren't giving anyone a refund. A wipe means more sales for them. Of course you have people on the forums screaming for rollbacks or wipes. They're gold sellers....

I have tried so hard to be patient with all this. Why would the people who have all the AD and zen want a wipe? I am not a gold farmer, I am not a gold seller. I am someone who bought the hero of the north founders pack, as well as paid money into this game. I've gotten a wizard up to 54 and seen most of the game content up to date. I've gotten a rogue up to 30 and look forward to getting a GWF and a guardian to 60 some day as well. I did the head start, and the people who used this exploit will have more stuff now then I will probably have in 8 years.

Why WOULDNT I want a wipe? Now I dont want to lose all my game progress. But you do understand that these guys have funds enough to keep the economy in this game borked for the entire life of the game. But you say nothing needs to be done? I think YOUR the gold farmer and seller, YOUR the people who have been using the exploits and dont want to lose your ill gotten gains. That's what I think.
  • Options
    lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I am thinking the same exact thing. Plus from everything that I read on Reddit that is entirely true.
    pboar2006 wrote: »
    I used the exploit today and I dont care if they wipe or not. Fact is though they wont be wiping.

And even though you admitted to it, I guarantee that you won't even get a suspension - but Cryptic will come here and post that all exploiters have been found and justice dispensed. They are really good at lying - I mean PR.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    blaumker wrote: »
    I wish people would think past the end of their nose.

This exploit involves AD, which has a direct link to real world currency. Finding anyone that was actually dumb enough to use that to buy zen would be mind blowingly easy. Finding those that accumulated it from negative auction house purchases should be just as easy, as AD purchases should be easily logged. That means that virtually all of it can be cleansed without a wipe, and those that outright utilized this can be banned or wiped without doing it to the rest.

Easy doesn't necessarily mean fast, especially when they didn't bother to have someone on staff with the clout(or balls, I dunno which was missing) to pull the server plug yesterday instead of letting it grow to the size it did before going so.

But, if a wipe would occur, so what? If "most people bought founder for early access", as one person posted, and these people leave, then the game just took a massive IQ jump for the better. We won't lose our total founder purchase in AD and goods, we'll simply lose our game progress. I realize that it sucks to lose it, but I've had top end gear in many games and frankly if you can get it once, it's not that hard to get it twice--the mere knowledge of how to do it makes the process of doing it twice fairly trivial. I know that I for one DIDN'T buy the founder pack for the early access, rather, I bought it for the permanent boost that not starting from zero AD, no mount, and the inconvenience of terrible low level weaponry gave me and will continue to give me on any reroll.

Except for the people who did that, knowing they would be caught. THen transfered it thru rare and valueable items that they can resell at a later date and time, after all this blows over. Those people wont be caught. Those are the people that make a wipe neccessary. Unless your going to clear every toon in game of gear and all funds. In which case you may as well wipe everything.
  • Options
    stolly76stolly76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
    edited May 2013
    cheaters/exploiters aren't skilled..they are fail in life!

/respect to those who reported the bug and have the real skills in life
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kajiwht wrote: »
    CHEATERS HAVE MULES... u guys re blind to that lol....
    They probably didnt even cheat on their main chars... they re just gonna lose mules...
    ban a mule... so what? he's still there... still benefiting from the scamm and cheats

This is why some people are so vehemently against wipes/rollbacks.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

In case he doesn't know... things like American Idol, The Voice, Dancing With Stars, Honey Boo Boo, Duck Dynasty (that seems to be popular), Real Housewives (insert city here) are examples of reality TV.

I mean if you want to get really technical, NOTHING on TV is actual reality since it is delayed getting to you and is delayed by a few seconds.

And I dont know how in the hell you can consider CNN or Fox actualy news organizations. I trust the news coming from the Colbert Report and the Daily Show more then I trust those idiots. I mean come on. Have you honestly listened to Nancy Grace or Piers Morgan?
  • Options
    edited May 2013

And I dont know how in the hell you can consider CNN or Fox actually news organizations. I trust the news coming from the Colbert Report and the Daily Show more then I trust those idiots. I mean come on. Have you honestly listened to Nancy Grace or Piers Morgan?