Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    zodal85zodal85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    It's official 48 hour rollback, what else could they do? See facebook page... servers are coming back up as we speak.

This has been going on far more than 48 hours.
  • Options
    pinkysansbrainpinkysansbrain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They keep saying they haven't decided on the course of action. Which seemingly equates to - they don't know what to do. So instead of trying to fix the problem they've just been gathering account data and sitting around with their thumbs up their butts.

Yeah haha because that's TOTALLY what they'd have to be doing, they couldn't POSSIBLY be weighing the ramifications of each course of action, heavens no. They don't have a colossal issue with an economy imbalance on their hands, something that could potentially wreck their game's balance for the next month and a half (judging by STO's previous imbalance). No, they're just being lazy, those terrible slackers.
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It is people like you who post false information that cause most of the problems on game forums. For shame.

It is the Internet, there is no shame. Sorry...
  • Options
    burleyxiiiburleyxiii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    rhiandriel wrote: »
    Do not find that amusing. I have a special needs son and have had to hear kids living around our area, call my son retarted. He's anything but retarted but a very special and bright boy. Just because someone has special needs you shouldn't descriminate them as "retarted". It annoys me that small brained people like you are prejudist. I find this offensive please Admin remove this from the forums....

Retarted? What a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> way to spell <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    dalgomardalgomar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lukums wrote: »
    I love how some morons can't read at all. There will be no server wipe! How dumb do you guys wanna be seriously? They have mentioned it at least 4 times now. Wake up.

So they decided to wipe?
  • Options
    jgraham7897jgraham7897 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To do this right it is going to take awhile to trace every single AD exploited then spent. I am not expecting to be able to play until tomorrow at the earliest.
  • Options
    shiorikiba19shiorikiba19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dude what game is that picture from
  • Options
    ogcaliko1ogcaliko1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, going on 6 hours and still getting the finalizing details before action posts.

Are you guys seriously *****ing bout how long the servers are down? somtimes i wish u guys had more lives then just play video games.. its very funny seeing all the whinning for just a couple of hours out of their UNBUSY lives... There was a serious issue that neeeded fixing.. YOU think it would just take an hour just to fix? are you <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>? just think of the decisions they had to make if they were just going to do a roll back and bans or complete wipe and keep try to keep the population happy and why they chose the way they did.. i think that would be 6 hours or more debating as it is... instead of staring at your computer screen waiting for the server to go up.. go outside for once and play some basketball or go out for a run.. jesus
  • Options
    conclainconclain Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm a paying customer and I wand a wipe, there ya go. Oh and a perm ban for the persons involved with this dupe
  • Options
    xdprophetxdprophet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You have done nothing of the sort an you know it.

Please. Send me a PM. Give me your linked in profile. I will send you mine. You will see professional Software/Electrical engineering experience dating back to 1980's. And yes, I did do this. I had to port NTLM and Kerberos authentication to Java SDK years ago. Download the Java SDK source code from Sun/Oracle and you will see my name in the C/C++ code.
  • Options
    drunkensotdrunkensot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited May 2013
    Does this mean we get to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on the devs cars and urinate in public?

Personally, i'd rather thank the devs for coming in on Sunday to fix this when they could have just taken the servers down and worked on it tomorrow.

exactly. Why couldnt this wait until 1 am tonight. Are these developers <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>? Makes you think...
  • Options
    awdeohawdeoh Member Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    briseda wrote: »
    Arguing on the internet is still a step above posting old forum pics from the early aughts.

O-Rly-Owl-British-580x419.jpg
  • Options
    drunkensotdrunkensot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited May 2013
    Does this mean we get to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on the devs cars and urinate in public?

Personally, i'd rather thank the devs for coming in on Sunday to fix this when they could have just taken the servers down and worked on it tomorrow.

exactly. Why couldnt this wait until 1 am tonight? Are these developers <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>? Makes you think...
  • Options
    phoenixstarrfirephoenixstarrfire Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nwinue wrote: »
    Oh this is pure comedy. A full day wasted by not being able to play a game - or is it not being able to replay? Need some more grammatical accuracy there.

I'd like to thank the developers and the company for the following:
    • Working on a sunday
    • Supporting concerns in the gaming community for a free MMO while in beta
    • Rectifying the problem and developing an action plan

Working in software development I understand how much work it is taking to go through and review/research, update and reload. Thanks for the professionalism and the quick response and updates. It goes a long way.

If we could trade gold in the game, I'd drop a huge sack of gold on you. I kinda do wish we could use the gold, silver and copper as tradeable currency
  • Options
    lilacflame2013lilacflame2013 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vampy2k13 wrote: »
    What a ****ED UP company.

Oh SURE....it's the COMPANY that is screwed up, not the pantywaists that are too pathetic to play the game right but have to exploit and cheat! THEY are the culprits! Get your frustration out on those that deserve it!!
    Don't Mess with the Affairs of Dragons for you are Crunchy and Good with KETCHUP!!:p
  • Options
    rhiandrielrhiandriel Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    burleyxiii wrote: »
    Retarted? What a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> way to spell <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Okies, so I'm angry and mispelled the word, I think you would be too if you were in my position and have had to live with sick minded people that call my son names because he's different from others. I just want that picture removed because I find it offensive.
  • Options
    wiccarobinwiccarobin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a very long post, from just this morning, but I'm going to post this here, for all the cry babies, that think they will quit if there is a wipe of the game. http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?18401-Neverwinter-Extended-FAQ If you go to the second post of page 1 right under this question, You'll have your answer, Will there be a character wipe before Headstart begins?
  • Options
    falson1falson1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ondesvin wrote: »
    yea keep playing on a corrupt server GG and HF, i dont give a **** if you have to work i got work to, and i spend real money on this game for i want to support a good game, but this exploit just killed the economy on all there servers big time, in fact so much that you can compare it with the big crash in the real life back in 1927, that how ****ing bad this is, and everyone are affected by this exploit, the fact that you dont get it, is lol!

Yea I will keep playing, I will also keep giving them money because its a game I enjoy. Now go cry somewhere else, I hear WOW has openings for crybabys
  • Options
    rwdillinrwdillin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would be OK with a wipe as long as I got Back all the money I have actually spent. I work alot so none of my guys are really high. But they all have Bags, Starter packs Etc... Plus I am a Founder that bought both packs. Ive invested alot in this free game. Why, because its fun and I like it. ( darn money grabbing who**s ruining my sunday ) A little more for time lost would be nice :)
  • Options
    snappypantssnappypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    papertrip wrote: »
    OK now you're just being silly, both of you. I can tell just by how you both word your technical explanations that neither of you should be on your high horse about this.

I am sorry, but there were quite sufficient technical explanations on both ends and it was fun to be a part of to pass the time. If you do not care for any of it that is your right to voice, but to childishly state you you can tell by the wording of such technical explanations, that there is a high horse involved, only leaves me to believe that as the end of said horse you only wish to sit or otherwise occupy your time in such fashion that I shall not mention here.
  • Options
    entalyanentalyan Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    ogcaliko1 wrote: »
    Are you guys seriously *****ing bout how long the servers are down? somtimes i wish u guys had more lives then just play video games.. its very funny seeing all the whinning for just a couple of hours out of their UNBUSY lives... There was a serious issue that neeeded fixing.. YOU think it would just take an hour just to fix? are you <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>? just think of the decisions they had to make if they were just going to do a roll back and bans or complete wipe and keep try to keep the population happy and why they chose the way they did.. i think that would be 6 hours or more debating as it is... instead of staring at your computer screen waiting for the server to go up.. go outside for once and play some basketball or go out for a run.. jesus

This has been very entertaining though. I've been reading and posting this while bringing up a couple servers (for work) after a maintenance weekend.
  • Options
    peeninyabuttpeeninyabutt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want to put in my vote for a full wipe. I had wondered how there was so many level 60's so fast... Too many exploits...
  • Options
    porpoisealertporpoisealert Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited May 2013
    Do not find that amusing. I have a special needs son and have had to hear kids living around our area, call my son retarted. He's anything but retarted but a very special and bright boy. Just because someone has special needs you shouldn't descriminate them as "retarted". It annoys me that small brained people like you are prejudist. I find this offensive please Admin remove this from the forums....

<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>* <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>* Discriminate* <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>* Prejudiced*.

I see where he gets it from.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If we could trade gold in the game, I'd drop a huge sack of gold on you. I kinda do wish we could use the gold, silver and copper as tradeable currency
    yeh they work for free.
    sort of like we get to watch free tv shows
  • Options
    fledmagicianfledmagician Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'm against a full wipe. to all these people saying "you can get to max level in 5 days" you really don't understand the point of playing a game like this.

its not about how fast you can "beat" it, its about how much fun you have getting there.

i don't really want to start again, its a simple as that.

now, that aside, what exactly was the exploit anyway? I logged in earlier today and someone said something about buying cats?

and a post in the forum was mentioning entering a negative bid in the AH to gain AD?

was it really as simple as that?
  • Options
    braddassbraddass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 108
    edited May 2013
    impervium wrote: »
    Very happy to read this, because I do NOT support the punishment of honest players for the deeds of a few crooks. I don't care how many votes one side or the other has. The time for wipes and days-wide rollbacks was in closed beta, and that time has passed. I hope the crooks are dealt with swiftly and as severely as possible, but allowing their actions to heavily impact the rest of us would be giving the crooks one final "win".

If they don't wipe, the "crooks" actions will affect legitimate players for months. You don't fix a ruined economy overnight.
    I am a Lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)
  • Options
    jackel4everjackel4ever Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    combatcas wrote: »
    I'm for wipes and so are the polls.

You actually think those polls are democratic? You actually think EVERYONE who plays the game voted, or had a chance to vote? Get real, there are people out there who still don't even know the server is offline! (my bro is one of them, cause he's out golfing)

The devs will do whatever they have to do in order to keep the "business" end of the game functional. Wiping out everything and refunding all the Zen is not in the best interest of the business. Most of the people voting on that poll just want to get back online because a wipe is faster than actually trying to resolve issues. They need to chill out and spend some time outside for once.

I've never seen someone play a single character without alts on any game they truly enjoyed.

You're seeing one now. Kinda throws your facts into doubt, doesn't it? Actually, aren't alts (circumventing the 2 character maximum) kind of a ToS violation anyway? Something to think about...
    Who do people think they are to deserve everything they want when they want it and screw everyone and everything else? As a Disabled Veteran it's pretty upsetting to realize these are the people my good friends and I have sacrificed so much for. If they react this way to a game we're screwed when it comes to real issues.

...I mean no disrespect, but I find it pretty sad when people have to pull out the "Disabled Veteran" card every time they think they deserve to win an argument. Talk about being hypocritical to your own statement.
  • Options
    nuromalnuromal Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    its been stated that there will be no wipe at end of beta
  • Options
    defective14defective14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People, can we please, please, PLEASE just let the Devs do what they need to do? I hope a lot of people realize that anything they do could potentially screw up the entire game and system therein. You don't want, I don't want it, we don't want it.

As a future Game Developer (I'm studying Game Production currently and will be graduating in November, plus I'm going to E3 next month), I am actually saddened at some of the replies here from people who don't know a **** thing about what it takes to run a MMO or to make sure nothing screws up with the fixes. Granted I don't either, but at least I have an idea and am studying the profession.

That being said, let the Devs work their magic, enjoy the game when the servers come back up, and as always: Good play!
  • Options
    tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Chill out. Even Obama made fun of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and the special Olympics on the Jay Leno show.
    I mean isn't your kid fcuked up enough? He doesn't need parents freakin out over people on the internets.
    Crappy parent must be you are.

EDIT: Ok I have to notice you called him "small-brained" as in <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. lol