test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Would you ask for a refund and leave the game?

weirdmooseweirdmoose Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
How's the idea?

Well, as a founder, I would. Mainly due to the fact that Cryptic has known about the bugs since closed beta and yet didn't fix them. There are so many good F2P MMo's out there, that I wonder if they survive this problem. They don't deserve to.
Post edited by weirdmoose on

Comments

• l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If I could get a complete refund and no retaliation on my lifetime STO account I would in a heartbeat, like I've said before... I wouldn't look back.
  • pardexxxpardexxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was thinking the same. I saw people talking about refunds in other posts but personally, I don't know how. It would be cool if someone can explain how to claim a refund or something!
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I saw this link earlier today that someone posted. This would be the first step. Hope it helps.

https://support.perfectworld.com/app...tail/a_id/4238
  • cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No I would not... granted the game has some basic bugs. I enjoyed the game and the quests. I like the targeting PvP... some of the foundries were cool too. (I have only done 4 of them though)

You people cry to much...
  • kblazekblaze Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    l1d3n wrote: »
    I saw this link earlier today that someone posted. This would be the first step. Hope it helps.

https://support.perfectworld.com/app...tail/a_id/4238

Already submitted a ticket using that exact link myself. Yes I'm a founder and yes, I feel they've dropped the ball on this. It's not a bluff either got the email and the ticket number.

Just an FYI here's a line from the email

Due to high ticket volumes at this time, we will respond to your question as soon as possible.
    Question Reference #130519-*****

I imagine I'm not the only one doing this not to mention they are being flooded with tickets with everything going on right now.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they do a character wipe, then right now I am at 50% for asking for a refund. No character wipe, then no asking for a refund.
  • princecharmingsprincecharmings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Already did.
    Waiting for the next close beta of Icarus online now.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=t56eGWgziKU
  • snugglemancersnugglemancer Member Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    If they do a character wipe, then right now I am at 50% for asking for a refund. No character wipe, then no asking for a refund.
    Inverse of that for me. If a wipe happens it'll show me that Cryptic has the overall well being of the game at heart. If they don't have the guts to do at least that much I'll find it hard to support them.
  • davan9kdavan9k Member Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    recharged my money back. no wipe ? no money.
    well and that downtime for 8 ? hours w\o real informations nor an ETA gave it realy the rest. awesome game - bad everything else....
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - never(exploitfree)winter
  • wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If they do a full wipe I will stay. If they don't I am asking for a refund. They continue to say they will not do a character wipe. They knew about all these exploits and allowed them all to happen. Perfect World is simply evil. I look forward to playing Rift on 6/12/2013.
  • ashleyaddictionashleyaddiction Member Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I already tried this, guys. Basically, they'll tell you that the items from your founders packs have already been used within the game and cannot be refunded. They'll also threaten court action if you try and charge-back... they'll also permaban all of your game accounts, regardless of sub level.
  • davan9kdavan9k Member Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    I already tried this, guys. Basically, they'll tell you that the items from your founders packs have already been used within the game and cannot be refunded. They'll also threaten court action if you try and charge-back... they'll also permaban all of your game accounts, regardless of sub level.

recharge with your bank account
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - never(exploitfree)winter
  • kblazekblaze Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    davan9k wrote: »
    recharge with your bank account

they can threaten all they want, recharge the bank account. there are laws to help you beat them. there were posted earlier in the forums lemme see if i can dig them up
  • canuck72canuck72 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I used PayPal so a refund should be easy enough.

I actually managed to log a lot of of time this weekend, which is normally unheard of for me. It would take me a long time to recoup what I managed to accomplish so I would for sure be looking for a refund if my toon is rolled back in any way.
  • ashleyaddictionashleyaddiction Member Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Regardless, I've spent over $1000 on PWE over the past 4 years on all of their games. I occasionally go back now and then, I would like to keep my game accounts unbanned. It's the only reason I dropped the charge-back.
  • zepheazephea Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they wipe and I am given the option to get my money back I will. I am appalled that all that care and collection and luck is all getting blown away. While I've enjoyed it I am *not* going to do that all again!
    ~*~ Sparkles! ~*~

The MMO may change but the inventory tetris stays the same.
  • rubberduckie3rubberduckie3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    if there is no wipe/rollback im getting a refund
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they never will but if a refund was offered for all that I've spent, I'd take it and move on
  • rhazes1rhazes1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    To give refunds they would have to actually have someone answering tickets.
    I spend all day reading every thread and letting people know this is BETA.
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, I'm not sure a wipe is enough. I want first of all a public apology from the heads of Cryptic for this. They knew about this and tried to sweep it under the rug, and they failed. Secondly I want people fired. I really feel for anyone who loses a job in this economy, but someone needs to join the ranks of the unemployed over this. I really enjoy neverwinter. But I now know that no matter how well I do in this game, no matter how much work I put into it or money I spend. There will be people, and not just a few people (Dont even THINK of fooling yourself there) who will always have more then me, and cheated their way to it. It's the way of the world, but it doesnt need to be the way of the mmo I play.
  • trollsparrowtrollsparrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    I have already requested for a refund. Company just didn't handle things like a well company should handle things. I hope the game is very successful but I just would like a refund.
  • iamdoctordeathiamdoctordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, if they wipe I'm getting a refund. Sorry, but when we tell them of these exploits during beta phases and they still let the exploits into the game, and when some of those exploits already caused them big trouble in previous games they made- that is just disgusting.

This is a veteran company, making mistakes they've already made- if they don't take full responsibility, or try to punish legitimate players by wiping away hundreds of hours of work and stealing hundreds of dollars spent from us... frankly, what I can't understand is how there's so many people sticking up for this kind of behaviour. WE tested and TOLD them about these things, THEY saw these things in PREVIOUS games they made- and THEY decided to completely ignore it and go full speed ahead without even trying to fix anything.... and you people are really getting behind that!?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stolly76stolly76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
    edited May 2013
    All i can is Cryptic please don't let these idiot, whinging exploiter/cheaters ruin your game. I know (unfortunately) that can't permanban these morons, but don't let them get what they want. They did it to rush and think they are King Ding with levelling and making profit fast. They aren't happy to quest again because it's "so boring" to quest. Don't give the "tough crew kids/adults" an easy game..make it hard by wiping and starting again. They will cry and leave. Atleast then can weed out the bad ones from this game.

Best way to beat a bad nut..is to crack their shell. You take them out of their comfort zone and they absolute hate it. If they want Easy mode they should stick with WoW and keep ruining that game, but stay the hell away from this game.
  • silky1979silky1979 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If my zen or AD is gone that i payed them for i will be getting a refund
  • kojjiikojjii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know what? Go ahead and leave. All of you.

You all are a bunch of stuck-up, self-justified, self-centered kids who don't deserve to have ever touched a game like this let alone spend your toxic money and then use it as an excuse to leave.

But honestly you can use it as an excuse to leave, I'm totally fine with that. I don't want to share the same city, the same instance, or the same SERVER with the likes of you.

You don't deserve a quarter of what you believe you do.

You are not entitled to anything you think you are entitled to.

Companies like Perfect World, and games like Neverwinter OWE YOU NOTHING.

Get over it yet? Good.

Now leave.
  • bulvynebulvyne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's in open-beta. All of you know this.

If you sank money into it and don't like 'beta-like' fixes and such, that's on you.
  • effektzeffektz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Inverse of that for me. If a wipe happens it'll show me that Cryptic has the overall well being of the game at heart. If they don't have the guts to do at least that much I'll find it hard to support them.

This is honestly the dumbest answer possible. Please wipe the servers and start us all off at level 1 so that everyone who ruined the game loses nothing. They can just start over with the rest of us.
  • trety2012trety2012 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bulvyne wrote: »
    It's in open-beta. All of you know this.

If you sank money into it and don't like 'beta-like' fixes and such, that's on you.
    True it's an open beta, however, many people, myself included, spent money on the game, specifically because they said, no more wipes.
    That being said, I do think perma-ban for the excessive cheaters is warranted. I also can live with them wiping, (but I'd rather not have to go through all that again), however, if they wipe then refunds should be an option I think. At minimum, all purchases need to be completely reset so that we don't lose any of the investment we made and can reuse everything we bought...
  • lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    l1d3n wrote: »
    If I could get a complete refund and no retaliation on my lifetime STO account I would in a heartbeat, like I've said before... I wouldn't look back.

You and both brother! I would be gone so fast from this epic fail of a game...

I really hope they hurry up and answer my support request for a refund.
  • snugglemancersnugglemancer Member Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    effektz wrote: »
    This is honestly the dumbest answer possible. Please wipe the servers and start us all off at level 1 so that everyone who ruined the game loses nothing. They can just start over with the rest of us.

As opposed to rampant hyper inflation and months if not years of an unstable economy? A simple rollback isn't going to guarantee the elimination of the exploited AD.