test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Devs Please read. - Resolution for The Current Exploit Problem

2»

Comments

• mcleod71mcleod71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    theyd have to do a lot more than xp boost to get me to stay exploit after exploit servers down almost everyday and the sad part this latest one happened in sto years ago and it happens again I get the feeling they just don't care if I did my job as poorly as they do id b fired in a heartbeat
  • marineusmcrhmarineusmcrh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    mcmetal1 wrote: »
    Ok, and I'll send YOU the bill for my time spent leveling my characters and accumulating gear..........

You get paid to play a VIDEO GAME? You're a pro gamer? If so you're already getting paid by sponsors if not then you play NW for fun and enjoyment if that's the case no one should have to be billed for anything you do on a game you choose to play.
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=98633707&dateline=1368527786
  • marineusmcrhmarineusmcrh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    mcleod71 wrote: »
    theyd have to do a lot more than xp boost to get me to stay exploit after exploit servers down almost everyday and the sad part this latest one happened in sto years ago and it happens again I get the feeling they just don't care if I did my job as poorly as they do id b fired in a heartbeat

I didn't play any other PW game. If that's true that's disheartening to hear.
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can accept this solution. Too bad I dont think the devs will listen to it.
  • roninthehoodroninthehood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Marine. You seem rational ( unlike so many others sadly). can you briefly and with the facts explain to me the exploit? the problem that is causeing all this? I have not been able to play in a couople days and I camne on today to play and server is down and I see nothing but these threads... What in a nutshell is going on please sir?
  • diorieldioriel Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No wipes. sorry. Honestly, they are damned if they do, damned if they don't. No idea how they will solve this effectively.
    PLEASE TAKE CAREFUL NOTE AND THOUGHTS ON THIS PLAN As it takes into account as many faucets I can think of in the community. ALL of this also in correspondence with your banning of exploiters.

I think you missed one:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbxw7hiihIEntk0kyS1SL4VyeDTEcr0Z-CSvlolUCMQBL5P5GFkQ

protip: the word you are looking for is "facets" like, facets of a diamond. synonym for faces or sides.
    Leader of Conviction: find me in game if you're looking for a friendly guild!

Looking for reviews (will trade)!
    Arachnophobia
    Code: NW-DMRQYIZQT
    For all the spider-haters out there :p
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You get paid to play a VIDEO GAME? You're a pro gamer? If so you're already getting paid by sponsors if not then you play NW for fun and enjoyment if that's the case no one should have to be billed for anything you do on a game you choose to play.
    I hate to say it. But some people do get paid to play video games. They make pretty **** good money at it too. Now please excuse me while I go get a speargun and shoot my guidance councilor in the knee for not telling me about this when I was in high school!
  • mcmetal1mcmetal1 Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013

My time is money. Doesn't matter if it was spent playing a video game. I just find it amazing how cavalier everyone is about wiping other peoples time investment.

Feel free to wipe your own character(s). I'd like to keep mine just the way they are.
  • mcleod71mcleod71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I didn't play any other PW game. If that's true that's disheartening to hear.

heres a link with a pic from sto

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?264222-same-mistake-again-picture-inside
  • crovax321crovax321 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree.

10 chars.
    edited May 2013
    Marine. You seem rational ( unlike so many others sadly). can you briefly and with the facts explain to me the exploit? the problem that is causeing all this? I have not been able to play in a couople days and I camne on today to play and server is down and I see nothing but these threads... What in a nutshell is going on please sir?

Hey man, unfortunately i'm unable to disclose any detailed information on the exploits as talking about the exploit and how it happened is just as bad as doing it. All that i'll say is it had to do with the Auction house and transferring of AD in which led to a lot of people's AD being lost or moved.
  • sigalpha215sigalpha215 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dioriel wrote: »
    No wipes. sorry. Honestly, they are damned if they do, damned if they don't. No idea how they will solve this effectively.

I think you missed one:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbxw7hiihIEntk0kyS1SL4VyeDTEcr0Z-CSvlolUCMQBL5P5GFkQ

protip: the word you are looking for is "facets" like, facets of a diamond. synonym for faces or sides.

No, no. He's correct, all the faucets in the community will be needed to stem the tide of tears that will be shed when PW starts pointing fingers, banning and wiping characters.

Mmmmm tears.
  • subjugatedirlsubjugatedirl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So what about all of us that purchased Zen for ad since yesterday that had nothing to do with said exploits is my question, do we get a refund?
    edited May 2013
    My time is money. Doesn't matter if it was spent playing a video game. I just find it amazing how cavalier everyone is about wiping other peoples time investment.

Feel free to wipe your own character(s). I'd like to keep mine just the way they are.

Please don't take what I said out of context. I realize the time spent is important. But, if you are serious about the game having invested so much time in it then you want the machine you're using to be tip top and running in optimum efficiency. If someone comes in and completely breaks the economy to the point where all your hard earned leveling and gear grinding is now lessened in value and exploiters now have the same things you worked so hard for by cheating then was that hard work and time spent really worth all of it if you're willing to just relax and have cheaters influence the game in such a magnitude?
    edited May 2013
    So what about all of us that purchased Zen for ad since yesterday that had nothing to do with said exploits is my question, do we get a refund?

With any proposed idea or resolution there will never be a case in which everyone is happy or everyone will be taken care of with a fix. If you TRADED in-game currency for more IN-GAME currency not bought zen then that IN-GAME currency would be reset yes.
    edited May 2013
    I really appreciate the feedback whether it's positive or negative. Thank you everyone who has voiced their opinions and concerns.
  • mcmetal1mcmetal1 Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    Please don't take what I said out of context. I realize the time spent is important. But, if you are serious about the game having invested so much time in it then you want the machine you're using to be tip top and running in optimum efficiency. If someone comes in and completely breaks the economy to the point where all your hard earned leveling and gear grinding is now lessened in value and exploiters now have the same things you worked so hard for by cheating then was that hard work and time spent really worth all of it if you're willing to just relax and have cheaters influence the game in such a magnitude?

That is just it. The economy is just a fantasy. I don't use the auction house. If you don't like the "economy" don't use it either. There were exploints in many games and they take care of themselves over time. What is not fantasy however, is the time I spent accumulating what I have. If they wipe, I would be doing a chargeback on Zen purchases and taking a pass. It's as simple as that.
    edited May 2013
    That is just it. The economy is just a fantasy. I don't use the auction house. If you don't like the "economy" don't use it either. There were exploints in many games and they take care of themselves over time. What is not fantasy however, is the time I spent accumulating what I have. If they wipe, I would be doing a chargeback on Zen purchases and taking a pass. It's as simple as that.

I can empathize with where you're coming from but, this MMO considering you can't trade astral diamonds from Player to player without the AH there isn't an easy fix for that. If we could trade AD then I agree 100% i'd never touch the AH again.
  • drennasdrennas Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd be fine with a wipe as long as I got some sort of xp boost to compensate.

In response to the guy who wanted another "headstart" for HON people, no. Bad idea. Just give those people even more of an xp boost to make up for it.
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    drennas wrote: »
    I'd be fine with a wipe as long as I got some sort of xp boost to compensate.

In response to the guy who wanted another "headstart" for HON people, no. Bad idea. Just give those people even more of an xp boost to make up for it.

They paid 200$ for a head start, not an xp boost. What your encouraging here is something very similar to bait and switch sales tricks, not a cool thing to do.

Wipe won't happen anyways.
  • drennasdrennas Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kevinf08 wrote: »
    They paid 200$ for a head start, not an xp boost. What your encouraging here is something very similar to bait and switch sales tricks, not a cool thing to do.

Wipe won't happen anyways.

It's not a bait and switch. They already had their head start. Another one on top of a wipe would just add insult to injury tbh.
  • incendi0incendi0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /agree

Wipe it. Anything short of that is meaningless. This is a rare case where the community in general is actually in favor of a wipe. Seize upon that opportunity and do it.
  • harpsichord23harpsichord23 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's a 0% chance I would level a new character. And the amount of AD I have, pitiful though it may be, was earned by me. Throwing away 2 weeks of my time is a pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good way to ruin the experience. The economy can come back but if a wipe happens, I wont be.
  • cerykceryk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    incendi0 wrote: »
    /agree

Wipe it. Anything short of that is meaningless. This is a rare case where the community in general is actually in favor of a wipe. Seize upon that opportunity and do it.

You mean the Forum Community, which are the Vocal Minority of MMOs. The majority of the player base doesn't even visit the forums unless they're looking for something specific and they don't post or participate on the forums. There aren't a million+ people actively posting on here.
  • cerykceryk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    incendi0 wrote: »
    /agree

You mean the Forum Community, which are the Vocal Minority of MMOs. The majority of the player base doesn't even visit the forums unless they're looking for something specific and they don't post or participate on the forums. There aren't a million+ people actively posting on here.
  • dacovedacove Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I do not agree with a full wipe at all since it's totally unfair to people who are not founders IMO. It's taken alot of extra time to catch up and farming/selling things for AD. As a founder, I can see why you wouldn't mind a reset as much since you wouldn't be starting back at totally nothing. I am going to be spending money on the game however, just am unable to do so currently cause I am moving outta state in a week. A full wipe just isn't fair to people who have invested time into this game instead of money. Although I haven't paid out yet, I do totally plan to do so, I really enjoy playing this game with my fiance. However, I am not going to return at all guaranteed if a full wipe happens.

Exploits happen, and they can happen on any game, and typically on every game, sides for maybe Pacman. It's not PWE/Cryptics fault nor most the player base's fault, including free to play players, that some people want to exploit anyway they can instead of just having fun/reporting the issue. Anyways, the economy can eventually restabalize over time as long as they contain the problem efficiently. My time however, is already invested, and there is no way whatsoever that it can be returned/refunded.
  • gress01gress01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if they knew about these bugs prior and just are picking it up now, I think founders packs and zen purchasers should be reimbursed, pretty much voids that ad you got with the founders pack
  • phoebu5phoebu5 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ogarious wrote: »
    I hate to say it. But some people do get paid to play video games. They make pretty **** good money at it too. Now please excuse me while I go get a speargun and shoot my guidance councilor in the knee for not telling me about this when I was in high school!

Well, at least asian gold farmers dont get paid much.
  • mofugli1mofugli1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    drennas wrote: »
    It's not a bait and switch. They already had their head start. Another one on top of a wipe would just add insult to injury tbh.

ONLY to non founders would it 'add insult to injury', non paying players which are the most likely culprits in each and every exploit. If you are willing and able to buy what you want/need there is less reason to cheat to get it... I would really like to see hard data on how many founders abused exploits vs. how many non founders abused exploits..... all of them, foundry xp, afk pvp, AD/AH scandal... and the head start was what many people spent $200 on, if they were to reset the game to the beginning I could reasonably expect 5 days of play free of non founders. An xp boost should be given to everyone at the same percentage after that 5 days head start.
  • dacovedacove Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mofugli1 wrote: »
    ONLY to non founders would it 'add insult to injury', non paying players which are the most likely culprits in each and every exploit. If you are willing and able to buy what you want/need there is less reason to cheat to get it... I would really like to see hard data on how many founders abused exploits vs. how many non founders abused exploits..... all of them, foundry xp, afk pvp, AD/AH scandal... and the head start was what many people spent $200 on, if they were to reset the game to the beginning I could reasonably expect 5 days of play free of non founders. An xp boost should be given to everyone at the same percentage after that 5 days head start.

Personally I can't really agree with any of this. Certain people have always found ways to have cheated/exploited in many ways on MMOs. I can't think of a single MMO I have played in the last 15 years that didn't have someone exploiting something, including subscription based games. Even on single player games people try to find ways to cheat/exploit, even spending money to do so lol (Gameshark/Codebreakers/etc.). It's not really the status of the person, but just rather a person chooses to do so or not. I am just gonna leave that at that.