test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Devs Please read. - Resolution for The Current Exploit Problem

marineusmcrhmarineusmcrh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The NW community is obviously in a state of restlessness and we're all eager to play and have an acceptable fix that can please the most people.

I have been on 4-5 neverwinter streams in the past 4 hours talking with lots of people in the community as well as staying active on this forum I will share my best proposed idea from a business and gaming standpoint

Course of Action

- First And Foremost there looks to be no way around it A FULL shard wipe on all 3 shards

- A Full refund of IN-GAME zen and all founders packs. Anyone who paid the money should receive their "IN-GAME" items back I.E zen and founder packs items [NOT CASH REFUNDS, IN-GAME zen refunds/Pack items that have been used... As if the font isn't big enough... Lol.]

- A 2x or 5x XP boost for the first 5-10 days of this wipe so that everyone can level back to 60 easier and as a token of the thank you, support, and appreciation for the understanding NW community

PLEASE TAKE CAREFUL NOTE AND THOUGHTS ON THIS PLAN As it takes into account as many facets I can think of in the community. ALL of this also in correspondence with your banning of exploiters.

I'd love to have the support of the people that play this game in support of this resolution so that we can all continue playing this good game and succeed in improving it. As always Thank you for reading

-MarineUsMcRH
image.php?type=sigpic&userid=98633707&dateline=1368527786
Post edited by marineusmcrh on

Comments

• Options
    biarbiar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One word:

/agree
  • Options
    pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Two words

/noagree
  • Options
    gruntpyregruntpyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed very much. I think a 2x XP boost to all characters, combined with other bonuses (whether it be 3x or 5x the amount of bonus xp due to early start bonuses) for players who purchased any tier of founders packs would be the most appropriate solution in addition.
  • Options
    marineusmcrhmarineusmcrh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    gruntpyre wrote: »
    Agreed very much. I think a 2x XP boost to all characters, combined with other bonuses (whether it be 3x or 5x the amount of bonus xp due to early start bonuses) for players who purchased any tier of founders packs would be the most appropriate solution in addition.

Exactly my thought process. I didn't type out the pages of thought that has went into these proposed fixes but, that was my rationale as well. I have thought a lot about those specific 3 resolutions and I feel they help the most amount of people understanding that you can never make everyone happy but, you gotta try to do what's best for most of the people.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Bumpin this.
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't care for or against A wipe, just wish I would have known ahead of time before purchasing zen yesterday. :(
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kerlaa wrote: »
    I don't care for or against A wipe, just wish I would have known ahead of time before purchasing zen yesterday. :(

I feel you. But, thus far i'm not worried about losing my cash it seems PW and CS are 100% dedicated to making sure neither side loses money. That's important.
  • Options
    fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Totally agree, but they just wrote on the twitter saying they won't do a wipe..
  • Options
    jaymarujaymaru Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support it, I want my 5$ back, i spent it inappropriately, should've got a extra char slot. lol and the EXP rates and DROP <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, would make it an amazing re-re-release, with 3x Profession EXP and 30% Speed bonus, lol or something. or everyone gets 50 Tokens for free finish nows... and actually that would be a cool profession item they should consider adding.
  • Options
    serpentttserpenttt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    Gigantic text makes this thread different than the twenty others saying the same thing? No wipe, I'm not going through the tunnel vision questing adventure again.
  • Options
    jaymarujaymaru Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well then they choose to lose potential money from the game, unless they look into under-cutting(and I mean really undercutting) ( i saw some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> 1million AD for 50+ dollars O.o) wesbites and adding AD to the cash-shop.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    fotzik wrote: »
    Totally agree, but they just wrote on the twitter saying they won't do a wipe..

I saw that myself via their twitter. All I can say for sure is regardless of what they say if there are 700k people in the community and 500k of us want a server wipe i'm 90% sure there will be a server wipe.
  • Options
    wigg456wigg456 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you're wondering what's going on just go watch the Twitter feed. They've already guaranteed no wipes. If Blizzard handled this same situation last week, so PW can use that incident as an example to make their own decision. I doubt very much that a company is going to use a blanket refund as a solution. Even the Simcity debacle didn't result in refunds, some retailers refunded, but EA made other concessions that didn't involve handing back money that was already in pocket.
  • Options
    tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    He would have had me with a slighter bigger font.
    But nah, he's a re-tard.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    He would have had me with a slighter bigger font.
    But nah, he's a re-tard.

slightly* smh... Enough said.
  • Options
    biarbiar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wigg456 wrote: »
    If you're wondering what's going on just go watch the Twitter feed. They've already guaranteed no wipes. If Blizzard handled this same situation last week, so PW can use that incident as an example to make their own decision. I doubt very much that a company is going to use a blanket refund as a solution. Even the Simcity debacle didn't result in refunds, some retailers refunded, but EA made other concessions that didn't involve handing back money that was already in pocket.

the refund would be of the zen, not the money.

If you then decide to spend it on Startrek or Forsaken world, it's up to you. PW doesn't lose anything.

It's really hard to ban when the cancer is so big. Would you ban to anyone that grouped with exploiters? anyone that trade with them? anyone that accepted a cat?

If the answer is no, how are you gonna be sure that that accounts are not mule account of exploiters?
  • Options
    ufupiaufupia Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If it wiped,i wont be surprised to see a world full of DC TR and CW.
    Where r u GF and GWF:)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ufupia wrote: »
    If it wiped,i wont be surprised to see a world full of DC TR and CW.
    Where r u GF and GWF:)

LIES! I only played GF and GWF :P I like me a CHALLENGE :P
  • Options
    mofugli1mofugli1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Complete wipe, refunds, 5 day head start for HoN, same as the first time. Not going to happen and not really necessary but would be fine by me.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    one word
    /agree
  • Options
    theottiestottertheottiestotter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just want to be able to log in and play my priestess >_<
  • Options
    archomentalarchomental Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No offense, but throwing up statistics "this many people are for it, and this many against" is absolutely
    ridiculous. There was no mandatory poll of every single player that Im aware of.

As strong as an argument you can make FOR a whipe, there is just as strong of one against it.

I will point a strong point against it: Everything on the AH is attainable on your own. Join a guild, and
    work with a group of people to get what you need. The only people crying about the market are those that
    gear their newly 60s up to full T2 without spending 2 seconds in a dungeon.

You want longevity of the game? Than attain everything on your own and don't use the AH like a credit card
    (ie. instant gratification).

Yes, the people involved do need banned. Outside of that, I want to play with friends and have fun, while at the
    same time working for what I need.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I just want to be able to log in and play my priestess >_<

Trust me... We all can empathize with wanting to play. Today is my day off from college and work :( I planned to rush 60 tonight but, my plans have been a little shaken :P. I have adapted though :)
  • Options
    skoalface007skoalface007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    The NW community is obviously in a state of restlessness and we're all eager to play and have an acceptable fix that can please the most people.

I have been on 4-5 neverwinter streams in the past 4 hours talking with lots of people in the community as well as staying active on this forum I will share my best proposed idea from a business and gaming standpoint

Course of Action

- First And Foremost there looks to be no way around it A FULL shard wipe on all 3 shards

- A Full refund of IN-GAME zen and all founders packs. Anyone who paid the money should receive their "IN-GAME" items back I.E zen and founder packs items [NOT CASH REFUNDS, IN-GAME zen refunds/Pack items that have been used... As if the font isn't big enough... Lol.]

- A 2x or 5x XP boost for the first 5-10 days of this wipe so that everyone can level back to 60 easier and as a token of the thank you, support, and appreciation for the understanding NW community

PLEASE TAKE CAREFUL NOTE AND THOUGHTS ON THIS PLAN As it takes into account as many faucets I can think of in the community. ALL of this also in correspondence with your banning of exploiters.

I'd love to have the support of the people that play this game in support of this resolution so that we can all continue playing this good game and succeed in improving it. As always Thank you for reading

-MarineUsMcRH

I do not have an issue with that, except.... why do a complete wipe? You can allow everyone to keep their levels. All that would need done would be to remove everything that has an economic value. IE: companions being replaced with white ones. Gear being replaced by green gear. There is no need to completely <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> people off by having them start from scratch.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I do not have an issue with that, except.... why do a complete wipe? You can allow everyone to keep their levels. All that would need done would be to remove everything that has an economic value. IE: companions being replaced with white ones. Gear being replaced by green gear. There is no need to completely <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> people off by having them start from scratch.

According to some there was an exploit early on that I wasn't aware of where some people got level 60 with a bugged foundry system or something of that sort. So the wipe of levels would as well take that into account. But, as long as the economy goes that works too.
  • Options
    serpentttserpenttt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    Now it makes sense, you don't have a 60. I'd venture to say most of the people asking for wipes are not like a lot of us with multiple 60's in t2 or better gear.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Some good feedback on here at least.
  • Options
    zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2013
    pboar2006 wrote: »
    Two words

/noagree

Ugmmm, that's only 1 word with a / in front of it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ugmmm, that's only 1 word wit ha / in front of it.

Lol, I didn't wanna point that out earlier rock on :P
  • Options
    mcmetal1mcmetal1 Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013

Course of Action

PLEASE TAKE CAREFUL NOTE AND THOUGHTS ON THIS PLAN As it takes into account as many faucets I can think of in the community. ALL of this also in correspondence with your banning of exploiters.

-MarineUsMcRH

Ok, and I'll send YOU the bill for my time spent leveling my characters and accumulating gear..........