What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    andondarkmoreandondarkmore Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there a thread with updated infomration?
    If so, what is the URL?
  • Options
    g0l3mg0l3m Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well most people me included are most worried of a rollback because of the levels we loose of that. No one wants to redo those **** quests again. Best option is a rollback but only in money and gear, not in lvl .... cuz lvls have nothing to do with the exploit so don't fucck that up.
  • Options
    elcymerianelcymerian Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kitsyn wrote: »
    Thank you. I had no idea what "the AH exploit" was. I'm glad they found and are fixing it, but I wish they'd quit finding and fixing things every single weekend, since that's pretty much the time I can play.

I think it's because of the amount of people playing they find these things on the weekends. Or they really aren't working as hard during the week, which I could understand. lol
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mikemota wrote: »
    holy batman, the dungeon master has spoken

ROFL
    dm-300x244.jpg
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote:
    Do not do a wipe. I will quit. I will tell everyone who has played D&D with me in RL not to play this. They will listen to me, because I am their Dungeon Master. BTW - My group has no qualms about spending hundreds of dollars on anything that is D&D. Neither do the groups following all the other Dungeon Masters who spent weeks building Foundry quests. If a wipe removes our Foundry missions, this game is doomed. Trust me, gear grinders won't carry this game half as long as us publishers will. Plus, since they whine so much about the economy, most of them are actually totally against spending real money.

mikemota wrote: »
    holy batman, the dungeon master has spoken

ROFL

When the Dungeon Master speaks the people listen, you heard it here folks....
  • Options
    nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The number and severity of the exploits since this game launched its open beta says something about the quality of the development. When they have in-game currency linked to real-world money then they have a responsibility to secure their systems against this sort of thing.

At the very least they should have included monitoring to account for every AD and Zen in game and been able to spot and quash any exploit before it got out of hand, like these ones obviously have.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Double post fail.
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eight1four wrote: »
    Nobody cares about you and your little exploiter friends.

I'm level 18, and have about 500 AD. How am I an exploiter? Quit making assumptions. Lots of foundry publishers are panicking because of jerks like you calling for a wipe over something that DOES NOT CONCERN YOU nor AFFECT you in ANY FREAKING WAY!!!! Shut up, die, burn in Hell, you stupid troll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dreadlordmikeydreadlordmikey Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gamzecik wrote: »
    I'd expect an honest company to put the game server on hold for at least a month.
    Fire the incompetent employers responsible for all these faults. Hire new ones and fix the game.
    Pay back all customers and release the game when it is actually ready with a wipe.

There is a reason you do not manage software development projects, or run software development companies. And if you do either of them, please tell us what company you work for, so that we can avoid it at all costs.
    "Over the course of my many years I have learned one thing: I don't know anything, I only think I do. And I'm not even sure about that." -- Rasgard the Wise
  • Options
    inyourmomsboxinyourmomsbox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's unlikely anyone who spent real money will lose anything. However, it is still technically beta which means they can do whatever-the-hell they please and nobody has a pot to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in about it, what-so-ever.

However, what's that colloquialism about the fool and his money?
  • Options
    eeerickeeerick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I ran out of popcorn on page 41 :/
  • Options
    entalyanentalyan Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    g0l3m wrote: »
    Well most people me included are most worried of a rollback because of the levels we loose of that. No one wants to redo those **** quests again. Best option is a rollback but only in money and gear, not in lvl .... cuz lvls have nothing to do with the exploit so don't fucck that up.

This pretty much sums it up for me. I'm not saying I'm going to quit the game because a rollback pissed me off. Rather I am saying that if I lose too much progress, I might find it hard to enjoy getting that bit of progress back, which might lead to me quitting the game. I think this is how many people who are against a total wipe see things.
  • Options
    blaueblume1blaueblume1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my 2 cents worth is wipe..but keep the foundry quests unharmed. I for one do not mind restarting...think the crafting takes too long to upgrade, but I'm still willing to restart. I'm not a founder, so something for them and the zen ppl put into the game. Still beyond that. I simply like the game too much to walk away from a wipe.
  • Options
    armored22armored22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol due get a life would you?

"Spamming this thread with opinions on what you think should be done is absolutely pointless"

Who do you think you are? Anyone in this community is welcome to voice their own opinions and ideas and i STRONGLY urge everyone to do so. This is not YOUR community it is OURS. Spamming forums in an online space is in fact a way to protest. Don't like it? Well sadly you don't have the police power here on the interwebs as you may out there in the real world.
  • Options
    geeboi37geeboi37 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eeerick wrote: »

exploiters at it again,huh?
  • Options
    ralphtrralphtr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    entalyan wrote: »
    As a developer who works extensively with databases, I would like to offer this: Developers WILL find a way around the DBA's rules and policies, if they want to. And they will want to.
    Constraining functional values at the database level is not always the best thing to do. It takes CPU time to check for these constraints, on every insert/update whatever, which is CPU time that should already have been spent in the front end. Also, by enforcing these constraints you run the risk of a mismatch between the database constraints and the UI constraints.

I'm not saying I agree with these practices, but I can understand them.
    You do what you have to do with high volumes, including removing all constraints. And that is assuming that they are using a system which HAS constraints, which is unlikely. I'd expect them to be using a document database or some other store which doesn't have constraints and pulling it to a relational database nightly. The issue should have been caught in the application and on the server in case someone hacked the link. I'm also very surprised they weren't checking prices on the AH to make sure that the economy was stable.
  • Options
    geralt075geralt075 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, as an honest gamer, who didn't participate in any of the exploits (and who spent some money in the zen store), how does the "hacking" of AD effect me? Obviously the consequences of this hacking will effect me if the servers are wiped or rolled back or whatever. But in game before that occurred, how does this problem effect everyone? Did it just effect the astral diamond to zen exchange market? I know there was some stuff with the auction house, so was it just the inflation of ad prices on the auction house market that would have changed, maybe making ad less valuable, or more valuable?
  • Options
    svannstonesvannstone Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is why you dont open real money item sales in beta, and why you always do a wipe at the end of beta.
  • Options
    g0l3mg0l3m Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    idc but the forum loads slow as shieeet.and sometime when I reload it crashes:
    An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #97.37d16150.1368998483.9f709de8
  • Options
    geeboi37geeboi37 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eeerick wrote: »

exploiters at it again,huh?
  • Options
    thekadosthekados Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I guess the only thing I have to say on the matter is this is why the game is in open beta, so they can find bugs in the game like this one. If there is a total wipe, I just hope they refund the Zen I have spent, I have 2700 Zen spent so far.
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    I'm level 18, and have about 500 AD. How am I an exploiter? Quit making assumptions. Lots of foundry publishers are panicking because of jerks like you calling for a wipe over something that DOES NOT CONCERN YOU nor AFFECT you in ANY FREAKING WAY!!!! Shut up, die, burn in Hell, you stupid troll.

What in the heck is your issue Dude? Go take a chill pill. The exploit affects everyone, obviously you have no clue how MMOs work and the importance of the ingame economy. A broken in game economy kills games, and very quickly. It has to be rectified. Do you have your quest saved? You can (obviously) republish it after a wipe. You are also assuming a wipe will affect the Foundry which isn't necessarily so.
  • Options
    druftiexdruftiex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh please it takes 1-2 days of /played to reach 60 even if you do every **** skirmish and dungeon while leveling. So saying a wipe is not an option because people cant level up again is total bs.
  • Options
    vulcan111vulcan111 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I say Wipe, it, Wipe it all!!! with toilet paper!

Massive already awarded it game of the year, I bet they fell stupid now.
  • Options
    snapybsnapyb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    honestly best solution is to fire all devs they r effing useless in all my years of playing mmos this lot are by far the worst second if they dont do a rollback by about 48 hrs this game dies period they should look through the logs perma ip an these fools so they will not have such twats like this playin their game its sad to see suc a promising game gone down the ****ter cause the devs are slow the mods dont have a clue wats going on and all in all pwe is probably the most useless gaming company to date. i for one will definatly be disputing all zen purchases + my founders pack is this issue is not handled properly. Rift ftp here i come
  • Options
    rathburn421rathburn421 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    read what they say people. (performing character-specific rollbacks on any accounts that were found to be utilizing the exploit). This means they will be setting back anyones account that had something to do with it. So if you were dumb enough to fall for this you need to be set back anyways.
  • Options
    entalyanentalyan Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    armored22 wrote: »
    Lol due get a life would you?

"Spamming this thread with opinions on what you think should be done is absolutely pointless"

Who do you think you are? Anyone in this community is welcome to voice their own opinions and ideas and i STRONGLY urge everyone to do so. This is not YOUR community it is OURS. Spamming forums in an online space is in fact a way to protest. Don't like it? Well sadly you don't have the police power here on the interwebs as you may out there in the real world.

I don't know the context of that quote, but it appears to me that it is a very legitimate argument. There's no real point to posting here, except to perhaps ease our frustration with not being able to play the game. A company that has a product like Neverwinter with thousands of players will most likely not base their conduct only on this thread, or even the forums in their entirety. We are the vocal minority posting here.
  • Options
    lrishnightlrishnight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We are still investigating the situation. There is a high likelihood that we will be performing character-specific rollbacks on any accounts that were found to be utilizing the exploit. Additionally, we are investigating the extent of what can additional steps can be taken to remove any illegitimately obtained Astral Diamonds that have entered into the economy. We are also investigating the possibility of a shard-wide rollback.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kurokazeptkurokazept Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't really care about the chars themselves... It's just a pain that I already had got about 1100 total... Had 659 I think in AD exchange (account-wide basically) and had spent 500 on 2 character slots previously x.x

So that's kinda the reason why I'm still worried about the remote possibility of a wipe/rollback...