test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Just Wipe Everything

jellichojellicho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The economy is already ruined, not from this latest exploit but from all the others.

Just wipe the servers at this point. It is the best thing to do, everyone knows this.
Post edited by jellicho on

Comments

• Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am sure everyone including Cryptic and PWE realises this. They just don't want to bother dealing with the (admittedly massive) short-term repercussions.
  • Options
    qtpham2qtpham2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dumb idea.
  • Options
    kajiwhtkajiwht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    its not so short-term when it involves real money...
    Maybe just remove the money bags (whoever exploited and whoever they gave stuff away) to and ur done
    economy will eventually balance itself
    their real clients are the ones who bought founder packs and zen... they re the ones paying the bill/generating profit... if u simply wipe without refunding them (either zen or money) they will simply lose them coz they will lose credibility.
  • Options
    mefario1970mefario1970 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would not mind a wipe, the only thing I would mind is the loss of zen I bought and spent. If that got refunded back, wipe and call it a release
  • Options
    vamps37vamps37 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    They should wipe the servers, Its still in OPEN BETA (according to cryptic). But this is a huge joke that they have taken this long to address this issue. I also think the only reason they are address this is because its hurting their CASH SHOP. They didn't do anything about the other exploits that F-ed up and ruined the economy of the servers. But this one hit them where it hurts in the WALLET. So now they are going to address it...

They should just roll everyone back to level 1 (its not that hard to level) and go from there. They really need to handle these issues faster and more harsh.

I'm sure the MMO and GAME sites are going to have a FIELD DAY with this BS tonight and tomorrow. I'm sure it will kill the client base for them for them either way once they all get a hold of it. I've already seen it poping up on a few gaming sites now. SUCH A JOKE this is.
  • Options
    breagandaerthbreagandaerth Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No idea what the exploit was. Too busy leveling my 4th toon to participate in hijinks. I don't really care about the economy never effects me really. I would like to see them find the culprits and wipe their accounts instead. I only found about about this by reading something in general about 20 mins before the wipe.

I heard the argument that it is their duty to find bugs. And it is. But not their duty to exploit them and tell other players how to do it as well. The company should give them the zen they initially bought back then wipe all their characters and inventory.
  • Options
    breagandaerthbreagandaerth Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No idea what the exploit was. To busy leveling my 4th toon to participate in hijinks. I don't really care about the economy never effects me really. I would like to see them find the culprits and wipe their accounts instead. I only found about about this by reading something in general about 20 mins before the wipe.

I heard the argument that it is their duty to find bugs. And it is. But not their duty to exploit them and tell other players how to do it as well. The company should give them the zen they initially bought back then wipe all their characters and inventory.
  • Options
    vamps37vamps37 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    They should wipe the servers, Its still in OPEN BETA (according to cryptic). But this is a huge joke that they have taken this long to address this issue. I also think the only reason they are address this is because its hurting their CASH SHOP. They didn't do anything about the other exploits that F-ed up and ruined the economy of the servers. But this one hit them where it hurts in the WALLET. So now they are going to address it...

They should just roll everyone back to level 1 (its not that hard to level) and go from there. They really need to handle these issues faster and more harsh.

I'm sure the MMO and GAME sites are going to have a FIELD DAY with this BS tonight and tomorrow. I'm sure it will kill the client base for them for them either way once they all get a hold of it. I've already seen it poping up on a few gaming sites now. SUCH A JOKE this is.
  • Options
    zentucknorzentucknor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Normally I would oppose this but considering that the game is still relatively new I think a wipe and restore would be in order.
    Ever ask a halfling to watch over your stuff while you visit the privy? Was it there when you returned?
    Friar Kalien of Torm
    10.jpg
  • Options
    oluviel245oluviel245 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    even a weekend wipe would cause me to leave. My free time is precious. I work for a living, and I rarely look at these forums. I had a fun weekend leveling my character only to read this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. It's ridiculous. BAN, BAN, BAN, every single character responsible for it. Remove all the AD created through this exploit.
  • Options
    hamukochanhamukochan Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe please.
  • Options
    pimpinaintezpimpinaintez Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ive spent a fair ammount of $$ on zen this week, and this is me /signing for a wipe. ill lose a lot of time spent. but its really a beta. if you cant commit to a wipe after this big of an exploit during an open beta. How worthwhile is it to play this game down the road? If people will get away with exploiting. ITS BETA you all signed up and spent time playing knowing that there was a possibility of something going wrong and needing extreme measures to fix it. This is one of those situations.
  • Options
    ghostlakeghostlake Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i got 2 60 characters with endgame gear, and like 3 million ad left over. i worked hard for it the last week and it would realy bug me if everything gets wiped ... but ... i think it would be the best long term. so pleaso do it.
  • Options
    zodatzodat Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe and give everyone 3000 Zen.

Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've spent 1500 USD into this game now and have the most to lose from a wipe due to playing the AH at launch for AD. I didnt exploit, or bot and I still want a wipe. Just give back the zen people purchased and the founders AD.
  • Options
    oarsmenoarsmen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just roll back the economy.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jellicho wrote: »
    The economy is already ruined, not from this latest exploit but from all the others.

Just wipe the servers at this point. It is the best thing to do, everyone knows this.

Wouldn't it be easier for you to just quit playing then scorch the entire earth?
  • Options
    fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they wipe, they would refund the ZEN like they did after the Closed Beta Weekends..
  • Options
    solidor80solidor80 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    90% of the players want a wipe..i want a wipe too not for fun, because we want a clean server.
  • Options
    xxbobby36xxxxbobby36xx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What exactly would a wipe of the servers do exactly? I might not be level 60 or anything but does that mean I would lose my toons items?
  • Options
    radiator017radiator017 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let them just fix more game breaking economy stuff exploit before they wipe everything i hope they do this :D
  • Options
    oldsnakemgsoldsnakemgs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    You would lose everything except the real money things you paid for - so yes, all your characters and gear is lost - that is the reason why I myself dont want a wipe at all...I simply do not have the time to do everything again - compared to some no-lifers asking for a wipe...
  • Options
    radiator017radiator017 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You would lose everything except the real money things you paid for - so yes, all your characters and gear is lost - that is the reason why I myself dont want a wipe at all...I simply do not have the time to do everything again - compared to some no-lifers asking for a wipe...

People do have a life they work get money play the game they want a wipe because the economy is dead and broken and everyone exploiting. Just saying I dont really want a wipe myself but no choice.
  • Options
    mmosoulmmosoul Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    double post
  • Options
    mmosoulmmosoul Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As long as they refund my Zen I am fine with a wipe but I just started and am only level 26. But a wipe is not the correct way to handle it. They screwed up but everything is logged it would just be a major undertaking to fix it. Wiping the server and refund for them would be the best even with the loss in player base. People are going to leave either way they handle it.

And if it's handled that harshly maybe it will deter someone in the future.

However it's done hopefully we have a clean server in the end.
    What exactly would a wipe of the servers do exactly? I might not be level 60 or anything but does that mean I would lose my toons items?

You lose everything, toons and all.
  • Options
    qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Full wipe would suck hard (and im not biased, i just started nw yesterday... im lvl 11).

1) Loads of people would quit.
    2) Cash users (with refunds) get insanely massive advantage early on and will be dominating the game.
    *They get back all the money they spend on consumables, keys and other non permanent items and such - it would sum into huge amounts of zen most people would never buy at once.
    They get to dominate pvp, farming etc - therefor will be in charge and control the whole economy.
    People who spent weeks and even more grinding and farmign diamonds for zen wont get a refund.
    Zen exchange rates will inflate (more zen available then diamonds).

Rather Wipe banks, inventory, equipment (replaced by matchign level green gear) and AH - keep the crafting materials, levels, progress, archievements, craft levels, skills.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Full wipe would suck hard (and im not biased, i just started nw yesterday... im lvl 11).

1) Loads of people would quit.
    2) Cash users (with refunds) get insanely massive advantage early on and will be dominating the game.
    *They get back all the money they spend on consumables, keys and other non permanent items and such - it would sum into huge amounts of zen most people would never buy at once.
    They get to dominate pvp, farming etc - therefor will be in charge and control the whole economy.
    People who spent weeks and even more grinding and farmign diamonds for zen wont get a refund.
    Zen exchange rates will inflate (more zen available then diamonds).

Rather Wipe banks, inventory, equipment (replaced by matchign level green gear) and AH - keep the crafting materials, levels, progress, archievements, craft levels, skills.
  • Options
    stubbedtoesstubbedtoes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    I've played a couple other MMOs that had such economy problems shortly after "launch" and though the best thing to do would have been a reset of all toons to level one and all items/currency reset they refused to do so because they "promised" they would no longer wipe. Auction houses in those MMOs became a total joke, players threw hands into the air in frustration, and cheaters laughed.

I'd be just fine with all characters being set to level one, items/currency reset, and zen refunded. It would be better to totally fix the economy now as opposed to let it move forward.
  • Options
    replicaclonedreplicacloned Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A full server wipe that deletes everything for those who have no paper trail for buying Zen? Hmm, let me think on that for a second...

Nope!

Considering I have not put one dollar into this game yet. I have had to grind out all the AD I have gotten. Either by selling things on the AH legit, or dailies, or having each of my characters level leadership.
    In the 2 or so weeks this game has been open to me, I have bought the first guild bank tab for my guild, bought two more character slot options in the Zen store(4 more total slots), I even did a cosmetic change on my Guardian Fighter, as he was too high of a level for me to want to re-roll him. Plus one trait respec for a level 45 GWF.

To some this < 500,000 AD amount may not seem like anything at all, when they pop down $200 on the founders or just buy Zen and convert it. However, I am one of those people who is still on the fence about spending real actual money on this barely a month old "open beta" MMO.

If the servers were whipped I would stop playing. Period. I have put way too much time in already for it to just be deleted. It would not make me take the easy route and plop down $20 on Zen or more. It would make me feel uncertain about everything concerning the future of this game. Oh, so the economy got messed up again due to exploits and bad coding? Wipe time!

Yeah, I am very strongly against this idea. A wipe would do more harm than good for a lot of people.

Unless of course everyone got gifted 1,000,000 AD to start after the wipe, and the $200 founders got their 2,000,000 AD. It would compensate those who lost everything they actually had to grind for, not buy. It may even help the economy as everyone would sort of be on a level spending field.

Hopefully none of these ideas actually happen.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wipe fine.. but zen refund is a issue - too much of it gets piled up at the beginnign to all the players who bought it over time. It can seriously impact and damage game economy and F2p /paid balance will be thrown completely off.

Imagine someone starting with lets say 50 000 zen - he will have the best stuff and everything in a week and will dominate any pvp or farming/leveling.

Any free player would have to spend next 3 months to reach the same level as they did in a week.
    It turns into pay 2 win completely.