test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thank you Cryptic

inexgravinexgrav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Honestly if a game launched with so many issues, I don't think we should really be expecting anything from the NW team.
I also don't think that anyone who exploited should be punished in any way shape or form. Read what the guy posted. His tickets were actually closed and marked as resolved by the Perfect World support staff. How can you blame anyone for exploiting if the developers of the game are so **** thick?
Anyway, without further delay: This is a copy paste from Joystiq.
"As a Neverwinter closed Beta tester and current HotN founder, let me share all the exploits this game has had.
Let me fill you in on ALL the exploits and when we found them.

1 - AH exploit - This is what all the current fuss is about. Too bad it was discovered and reported in closed beta, only to still make it in. Through this exploit one can earn unlimited AD and simply clean out the AD vendors, as well as buy up all the Zen they wanted. I knew about it and reported it on the day that I logged in. My ticket was closed and marked as resolved. Upon reading it further, I noticed that a GM told me the ticket was lost and to resubmit it. I did and kept playing. The second ticket was closed and "lost again". So I gave up reporting it.

2 - Quest sharing exploit - This allowed you to reach level 60 in about an hour of playing. It also allowed people to farm unlimited bags, assets, and materials. It was discovered and reported in closed beta, but still made it in to the open beta. Once again, I made a ticket about it only to have it closed. My follow up ticket was also closed.

3 - Foundry bugs - Were used to gain max level and farm gear. Although I knew about this bug, I did not report it because I thought the other two were more important.

4 - The CW set bonus bug allowing them to hit for millions points of damage. This was a very minor bug, but it still allowed a team of two or more CW's to farm end game content. I did not know about this bug, but plenty of people in my guild did.

5 - The GF set bug - Yet another set bug that allowed the GF to almost instantly kill any mob in the game. A lot more consistent than the CW set bug, and caused a lot of damage to the economy. I knew about this a few days into the game, but decided not to report it since my other tickets kept being closed and "lost".

6 - Chest farming exploits - These are still in the game and allow people to farm easy money, as well as gear and ingredients.

7 - There is already a bot out for Neverwinter that members of Tault Unleashed have been using. Currently it can be made to level or exploit chests. They are working on having it take care of professions and auto pray for you as well.

8 - TR DC bug - this was used mostly in PvP to instantly disconnect anyone the TR targeted with certain abilities. It allowed all TR groups to quickly win matches in the least amount of time possible.

9 - Potion exploit - Basically you can have unlimited healing potions - not much of an exploit since you can accomplish the same thing easier by using any other AD earning exploit and buying potions.

10 - AutoHotkey - Macro software that allows you to easily max your crafting.

11 - AFK PvP groups - creating a few accounts and making an AFK group (managed by AutoHotkey or the Viper bot), you can quickly earn XP and gear while you sleep.

12 - Their support site has not worked since launch. That's right, you can't even request a refund or report bugs through that thing! it gets stuck in an infinite loop after you log in to submit a ticket.
I believe there are a few more I am forgetting about, but every single one of those is game breaking and has been around since closed beta.

A wipe and massive ban waves are the only way to fix it, however I believe that Cryptic is too lazy and incompetent to see this. If their (lack of) support and temporary bans is any indication of how they will handle this mess... Well... The game is finished and I am currently writing an e-mail to their support to get my initial $199,99, and an additional $50 worth of Zen refunded to my credit card.
I am also making a case against them with the BBB. Treating your customers like this is unacceptable."

reddit
pukmp.jpg
Post edited by inexgrav on

Comments

• Options
    l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They should be ashamed if all these exploits are in game and not fixed by now. It's gonna leave a mark on PW reputation. I already see people majorly discussing it on other forums.
  • Options
    blackbenedictblackbenedict Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    l1d3n wrote: »
    They should be ashamed if all these exploits are in game and not fixed by now. It's gonna leave a mark on PW reputation. I already see people majorly discussing it on other forums.

what reputation?
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What is the purpose of this post OP? You are being part of the problem not the solution. Just shared and spread Exploits with the entire forum and that is against the Forum Rules.

Stupid me I thought this was going to be an appreciation thread.

I for one would like to thank Cryptic, Secret World and all those involved in bringing us this wonderful, beautiful FUN , FREE Video Game! I never played a Perfect World product or heard of Cryptic but I am now a huge fan and supporter.

I intend to play and spend money on this game for months and months and I also plan to play and support their other products. I am downloading Star Trek right now.
  • Options
    scalretdoomscalretdoom Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You forgot
    - Terrible queue system
    - Broken AH search function
  • Options
    dustee071dustee071 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    What is the purpose of this post OP? You are being part of the problem not the solution. Just shared and spread Exploits with the entire forum and that is against the Forum Rules.

I for one would like to thank Cryptic, Secret World and all those involved in bringing us this wonderful, beautiful FUN , FREE Video Game! I never played a Perfect World product or heard of Cryptic but I am now a huge fan and supporter.

I intend to play and spend money on this game for months and months and I also plan to play and support their other products. I am downloading Star Trek right now.

Wait, is this a sarcastic troll post? I cant tell.
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Fanboy, you will regret posting that.
    I know you will, sooner or later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    l1d3n wrote: »

Most of them are fixed. But they should be ashamed for LAUNCHING a game so heavily reliant on RMT with that many major bugs.

Thanks for that list. Went on Reddit and saw the whole thing. They added even more exploits to it. Jeez, I never knew a game could launch in such a terrible state.
  • Options
    ikagawaikagawa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 106
    edited May 2013

Are you high?
  • Options
    tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

We've already established that you are one of the exploiters. GTFO you and your friends are ruining this game kid.
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Wow, I just started playing a couple weeks ago and had no idea there were that many problems with it.

Either way, it is the first game that has been able to keep me up until 2:00 am since back in the day with vanilla wow. I really hope they fix these problems because this game could be a winner if it doesn't implode under the weight of all those problems.
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Stupid me
    Only thing you ever posted that I agree with.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    forum is laggy
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    inexgrav wrote: »
    Honestly if a game launched with so many issues, I don't think we should really be expecting anything from the NW team.
    I also don't think that anyone who exploited should be punished in any way shape or form. Read what the guy posted. His tickets were actually closed and marked as resolved by the Perfect World support staff. How can you blame anyone for exploiting if the developers of the game are so **** thick?
    Anyway, without further delay: This is a copy paste from Joystiq.
    As a Neverwinter closed Beta tester and current HotN founder, let me share all the exploits this game has had.
    Let me fill you in on ALL the exploits and when we found them.

1 - AH exploit - This is what all the current fuss is about. Too bad it was discovered and reported in closed beta, only to still make it in. Through this exploit one can earn unlimited AD and simply clean out the AD vendors, as well as buy up all the Zen they wanted. I knew about it and reported it on the day that I logged in. My ticket was closed and marked as resolved. Upon reading it further, I noticed that a GM told me the ticket was lost and to resubmit it. I did and kept playing. The second ticket was closed and "lost again". So I gave up reporting it.

Yea, I think whomever they have hired to handle tickets and such should be fired. Seems like they either do not speak English or are simply incompetent for a job like this, maybe a US government job would be more suiting.
  • Options
    sacred55sacred55 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I thought the beta testing mustv been bad or non existant, now you're telling me they knew about everything and choose to do nothing? I like the game but.. the support by the dev team is quite frankly, appauling.
  • Options
    exploiter420exploiter420 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Taking delusional fan to a whole new level. PWE can take a giant **** and this kid will gobble it up and ask for seconds.
  • Options
    unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems like people keep blaming Cryptic when it is a number of players that chose to exploit and wreak havoc on the game's economy. The problem is the exploiters and their greed that has harmed the game. When criticizing, point your fingers in the right direction or look in the mirror.
  • Options
    soppiannasoppianna Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    inexgrav wrote: »
    I am also making a case against them with the BBB. Treating your customers like this is unacceptable."
    t

Had a friend do that in another mmo to get their hacked guild bank back. It worked.... hmmm...
  • Options
    aelvez0120aelvez0120 Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    You know PWE doesn't reward you for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> sucking right?
  • Options
    ikagawaikagawa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 106
    edited May 2013
    Seems like people keep blaming Cryptic when it is a number of players that chose to exploit and wreak havoc on the game's economy. The problem is the exploiters and their greed that has harmed the game. When criticizing, point your fingers in the right direction or look in the mirror.

Normally I might agree except according to more than one player, this was a problem during Closed Beta. But Cryptic didn't do anything about it and just closed open reports about it.

Cryptic deserves the flak they're getting for not acting on a problem they've known about for months.
  • Options
    miyatzimiyatzi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seeing as this AH bug have been in the closed beta, and countless reports of it have been given to Cryptic without they doing anything about it and still take money from people. I now really want a refund of the money I have spent on Zen. I really feel like I have been pissed on and someone stole my money.

I have spent quite a bit, how possible is this to get a refund for Zen, but keep your account and North Founder pack?
  • Options
    stopthi5stopthi5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys, this posting is irrelevant. Yes there are issues, the game has not "launched" yet. It is in beta... that means that they know there are issues. Since its open beta, they want everyone playing so that they can find these issue and patch them before a real launch. Don't complain about bugs in a beta game... thats kinda the point of beta.
  • Options
    aselia669aselia669 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Just as exploiters are a problem, devs are also responsible why this is happening in the first place, It's a cycle but it's their game and they should have done some precautions and preventive measures before it escalated to this point.
  • Options
    ufupiaufupia Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The perfect world equation:

More AD on the market -> higher prices for goods in the AH -> Higher demand for Zen/AD conversion -> more dollars

Thats the reason why they ignored our bug report.But now the market broken.:mad:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    stopthi5 wrote: »
    Guys, this posting is irrelevant. Yes there are issues, the game has not "launched" yet. It is in beta... that means that they know there are issues. Since its open beta, they want everyone playing so that they can find these issue and patch them before a real launch. Don't complain about bugs in a beta game... thats kinda the point of beta.

Great job not actually reading the thread. Just keep your head buried in the sand.
  • Options
    miyatzimiyatzi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stopthi5 wrote: »

How is this posting irrelevant, when they let the game go "live" with the option of putting money into it. They should have written "Open Beta" Pay money to help us find exploits and browse the forums while we keep 2-5 hours maintenance everyday to patch what you guys find.
  • Options
    exploiter420exploiter420 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Like previously posted, even their bug reporting system is broken. People, like myself, have taken the time to write a ticket and to report bugs and exploits. However, we get a mail 2-3 days later saying the report was lost and never received. Doesn't seem like these guys actually care all that much as long as idiots keep buying their ****.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Taking delusional fan to a whole new level. PWE can take a giant **** and this kid will gobble it up and ask for seconds.

Reality Check - It's a free video game. Its not real, its make believe. All of it. The AD, the cat, the armor, everything.

Its fun, nothing more, nothing less.

It seems I'n the only on here that is not delusional. Everyone has lost their minds!
  • Options
    stopthi5stopthi5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ikagawa wrote: »
    Great job not actually reading the thread. Just keep your head buried in the sand.

I read the thread, thanks for the repost of the information. It was informative. I am replying to everyone who is crying over bugs in a FREE, BETA game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Reality Check - It's a free video game. Its not real, its make believe. All of it. The AD, the cat, the armor, everything.

Its fun, nothing more, nothing less.

It seems I'n the only on here that is not delusional. Everyone has lost their minds!

So the money people paid isn't real?

You lied; You're definitely delusional.
  • Options
    dartakxdartakx Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You forgot
    - Terrible queue system
    - Broken AH search function

Well maybe that could explain why people solo T2 instance and/or prefer to buy everything off the AH because it's easier to buy everything and then search it in your inventory and run instance all by yourself.

The solution to those problem was already in the game at their test launch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]