test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TR in PvP

drussivdrussiv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
They have cc with (what seems like an age long) silence. They can go invisible they can dodge some spells if they're good. They have what seems like the highest single target burst damage. They have rather better defense than CW (just judging from the way I deal damage to TR vs CW).

Idk but to me it seems at least one of these things should be nerfed for PvP? Maybe make the silence shorter, a good TR will sneak up on you invis deal huge damage, then silence you before you can cc him and kill you while you are still silenced.

Too much of PvP (at least that I play) are 1 v 1 battles, even when you fight 2 v 2 or something the other guy on your team is very unlikely to help you kill the rogue that jumps on you.

I mean a GWF is also very strong I feel in a 1 v 1 situation and I often think oh **** that if one manages to get close to me, but they are nowhere near as annoying as TR.
Post edited by drussiv on

Comments

• Options
    joeamaxinjoeamaxin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh no! Heaven forbid that the single target DPS class is good at single target DPS.
    We should make it so that the TR can't go invisible (because that is unfair to the people who want to see them) and we should arm them with plastic swords and potato chip armour.
  • Options
    mahlataamahlataa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh , no!! Heaven forbid that the devs actually nerf my OP roll ! I spent so much time at the forums researching what class is most OP , and rolled it so i can feel proud of myself wining at PvP. And to be sure , things stay the same I'll make sarcastic posts on every thread even remotely regarding TR .
  • Options
    darkpagandeathdarkpagandeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why not try ice block/snare that blizzard thing or other cc that you have instead of going full dps and lose? im guessing you have never heard of scissor paper rock concept ? im also guessing you have not noticed the vast majority of players in 60 pvp are Cw ? they must be rolling them to be masochists
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From my understanding, you are a CW. As a rogue, I am afraid of your Control abilities once I run out of Stealth. We are only powerful when we have Stealth on. But without it, we're squishy. Much squishier than CW's. So please do not think that we need anymore nerfs because we are awfully squishy as we are right now, and we were once a much powerful class back in closed beta.

Being damaged decreases our Stealth significantly as well, so pop an AoE when you know a Rogue is around. We'll do our best to avoid your red circle of doom.

The game doesn't need anymore nerfs. For one I believe, (forgive me for sidetracking a bit) fervently, that GWF's need some serious buffing. Just get them back to how they were, if possible. CW's are super control-y anyway, to the point of being scary.
  • Options
    alex985alex985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    joeamaxin wrote: »
    Oh no! Heaven forbid that the single target DPS class is good at single target DPS.
    We should make it so that the TR can't go invisible (because that is unfair to the people who want to see them) and we should arm them with plastic swords and potato chip armour.

You are not helping out with halfarsed comment like that..

Although i would like to add few things that are groundbreaking in PvP.
    Rogues have rather unfair advantage by staying in stealth even after their initial hit (which in turn dishes out rather ridiculous amount of damage to any player who is unaware of their location).
    They also seem to posses some kind of immunity to stun or knockback (whether glitch or by game design i don't know) even if it was a clean hit.
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^ I suggest you play a rogue to better understand how hard it is to maintain our Stealth. :\ We have to escape damage because getting damaged while in Stealth significantly reduces our Stealth meter, and our encounter powers will remove our Stealth once we use them with the exception of Shadow Strike.

And we are most certainly not immune to stun or knockback. I can no longer count the many times I've been afflicted by those things and got into trouble thanks to them. CW stun via force choke with a GWF on your back, GG. Won't bother getting out of that one unless I have Stealth.

When we have Stealth on, we are strong. When we don't have Stealth on, we're subject to your mercy. :)
  • Options
    ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To be honest if the tr daily that one shots people were changed to not ignore defense, it would be much better and they would still do excellent damage.
  • Options
    xanos900xanos900 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    you just have to throw your freakin daggers in stealth and your enemy is at 50% hp. then do the op 5sec+ silence = dead
    or
    throw daggers -> enemy at 50% -> just simply one shot with a nice crit = dead
    or
    throw daggers -> enemy at 50% -> wait -> repeat -> dead

you cant tell me rogue isnt OP as ****

nerf silence to like 2seconds and let those daggers break stealth.
  • Options
    darkpagandeathdarkpagandeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alex985 wrote: »
    You are not helping out with halfarsed comment like that..

Although i would like to add few things that are groundbreaking in PvP.
    Rogues have rather unfair advantage by staying in stealth even after their initial hit (which in turn dishes out rather ridiculous amount of damage to any player who is unaware of their location).
    They also seem to posses some kind of immunity to stun or knockback (whether glitch or by game design i don't know) even if it was a clean hit.

impossible to catch is not a glitch if you pop it while in stealth you become immune to all dmg for a short time too. we have only 1 attack we can do that does not drp us out of stealth and it's terrible low dmg.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xanos900 wrote: »
    you just have to throw your freakin daggers in stealth and your enemy is at 50% hp. then do the op 5sec+ silence = dead
    or
    or

getting killed by throwing daggers nuff said you must be in all greens against a rouge in full pvp or t1-2 if your getting killed by them your doing it wrong

and yes i am a TR
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    or
    or

getting killed by throwing daggers nuff said you must be in all greens against a rouge in full pvp or t1-2 if your getting killed by them your doing it wrong

and yes i am a TR
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    or
    or

and yes i am a TR
  • Options
    shadows1313shadows1313 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For all idiots tht complain about any class being OP, play that class 1st so u can actually understand wtf ur talking about otherwise keep ur crybaby mouths shut. If u get beaten badly by someone in pvp its not cause tht person's class is OP, there are many other real reasons on tht matter like for start the gear differences and the players skill.
    Ive seen so many noobs complaining about how OP others are (and therefor their class is ofc OP in their opinion) simply cause they suck, have <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gear and they thn wonder how the fk some1 with much better gear/skill 1 or 2 hit them.
    Also about daily powers... thts why its called a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> daily.. to kick ***. Its not something u can do every few secs like normal skills, get used to it. I havent played CW but i think from all classes CWs rechage AP fastest since everytime i meet one in battle he has daily up too, TRs dont have it tht fast for example.
    TRs are all about surprising target with burst dmg and hoping to get the kill, otherwise we are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Out in the open TRs not that much of a threat for any decent player, esp for CWs.
    Bottom line is : learn to play better instead of crying about others being OP, ull never learn **** with tht attitude.
  • Options
    gimpinatorgimpinator Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    CW > TR. You're all idiots.
  • Options
    revelantgamesrevelantgames Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nerfing is an Option Not the Solution
    As a rogue, I always have trouble with Control Wizards, Great Weapon Fighters, Devoted Clerics and Guardian Fighters. Each class has their perks as well as their drawbacks. Regardless, of the advantages and disadvantages, balancing PvP in theory is a concept that is calculated by more than one aspect of the entire Player versus Player structure. A player’s skill and experience in the battlefield is a major factor that can determine whether or not that player will end up being fodder for the enemy, or a dominating force out there on the battlefield. Also, the use of any third party software or even a player’s internet connection can improve a team’s chances of winning or losing.
  • Options
    maevar1maevar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    I would laugh at these people that are calling the TR OP, if I didn't fear the usual response from devs to nerf TR because of bad players whining cause they got killed by one. These are the same people that you see in every MMO, that end up whining so much the devs end up ruining the game by watering down the gameplay so bad a fetus could play any class like a pro.

Yes, my first character was a TR, and then I leveled a CW, and I can say from experience, the CW is more OP than TR hands down. Both classes have a huge 1 click damage ability, yet the CW can do his from Siberia, whereas the TR has to be up close and personal. The CW has the best dodge in the game, and the most CC. Sure if you let a TR get up close and personal, he is most likely gonna kill you(that is what they are designed to do). Yet the CW can just stand flat footed and take you out without even breaking a sweat and are the easiest class to escape from battle when set upon.

Really sad that this game is in OB and loser players are already calling for nerf's without having a clue about all the different class mechanics in game. No doubt, the flow of tears is already working on getting yet another MMO ruined in it's infancy, because of these brainless twits.
  • Options
    revelantgamesrevelantgames Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unbalanced PvP Matches
    Allowing players to join a match at any time during the game will help to decrease the number of unbalanced 2v5, 3v5, 4v5 matches. Just some food for thought. ;)
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I play a CW, I have no problem with rogues.

Play your class with skill and you'll be fine.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    vaelyrvaelyr Member Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    TR do have high burst damage, but as a GWF 1v1 I don't really have much trouble with them usually. What I feel needs to be addressed most is diminishing returns on stacked stuns. I can lock a single target down pretty easily myself but if there's more than 1 player with a stun or knockdown etc with me then that poor guy is not gonna get to go anywhere. I think CW range is pretty crazy, too, but that doesn't bother me too much.
  • Options
    melisande77melisande77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TR is very frustrating, as a CW, but that's because the fight feels incredibly one sided. Either the TR get's me in their CC chain and I die (or they get stupid lucky crits) or I dodge it and get them in /my/ CC chain. Either way, one of us isn't doing anything and the other dies. No real back and forth because the fight is decided with one party unable to retaliate. The TR's stuff is easier to set up, sure, benefit of stealth and all that, but once you pvp enough you can get a feel for when they want to open on you and dodge accordingly.

Still I wish the pvp would be more balanced for actual back and forth instead of who opens on whom.
  • Options
    alex985alex985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @Person mentioning temporary immunity during knockback/stun.The thing happened to me actually few times (without TR doing anything other then just derping around on foot) so the point is moot regarding their rolling or w/e the case.
    Also i pretty much understand the concept of a rogue so i don't have to play it (and i gave a pretty much valid concept regarding stealth since it is rather pointless keeping stealth up even during initial attack...so i pretty much expect at least some valid reply on any of this matters).

P.S Any further comments that is halfarsed (Eg. l2p your class trololo etc.) and without any legit suggestion/reply ...i won't waste my time giving any further replies in order to avoid flaming this topic any further(it is waste of my breath and time to such level of shallow thinking anyhow).
  • Options
    tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Blah blah blah blah. Didn't bother to read any of the posts because I already know what the complaint is.

1. CW, GF, GWF, and Cleric have a burst damage that is almost in par with TR's Shocking Executioner (A daily) if they decide to spec for it.

2. TR's only form of CC is daze and it's not even a true CC. You can still MOVE while dazed. (Learn to press WASD)

3. Stealth does not last more than 6 seconds if you spec for burst damage. If you spec for longer Stealth, you lose burst damage.

You want broken? The Cleric Blue Shield is broken because the only counter to that is to have 5 people jump on the cleric, but they just revive and come back and do it again. Having 5 people to jump any class to just be able to kill them is ludicrous.

CW are not broken. GWF are not broken. TR are not broken. GF is kind of broken with their high burst damage with high mitigation. Cleric is beyond broken with the blue shield.
  • Options
    pzg33pzg33 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rogues range dmg needs huge nerfs.
  • Options
    shadowpwn691shadowpwn691 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Shocking Execution cannot one shot people. It only does massive damage when the person ur hitting has <50% hp left.
    2. Clerics shield is the only truly OP thing in the game.
    3. CW is really hard for TR to kill if ur getting killed by TR constantly ur doing something very wrong.
    4. GWF needs buff.

Good day to you all.
  • Options
    remilieveremilieve Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    Well i got owned by a TR who did massive dps crit dmg on me. But then again im with many greens, some blues and i guess that TR has either pvp/t1 epic gears. I still can down him pretty easy as long as i dodge his skills.
    Would you sacrifice your past for the future?

Rose - Control Wizard
    Dragon
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Gear makes a big difference in pvp survivability. If ur greens and blues against a purple ul get ownd in 3 seconds. Unless ur really good or the other dudes a nubcake.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TRs have one thing that makes them way too good, that is really decent RANGED at will.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Cloud of steel has limited charges, low damage and is only good for finishing off opponents with 10% ish health remaining. (it runs out of charges after that and needs time to recharge) I do admit the rate of fire is high but not enough to make a big difference. What it does do though is combined with deft strike, allows for some easy kill stealing. Hence the scorecards often have rogues with high no. of kills.
  • Options
    echofatalisechofatalis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For all idiots tht complain about any class being OP, play that class 1st so u can actually understand wtf ur talking about otherwise keep ur crybaby mouths shut. If u get beaten badly by someone in pvp its not cause tht person's class is OP, there are many other real reasons on tht matter like for start the gear differences and the players skill.
    Ive seen so many noobs complaining about how OP others are (and therefor their class is ofc OP in their opinion) simply cause they suck, have <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gear and they thn wonder how the fk some1 with much better gear/skill 1 or 2 hit them.
    Also about daily powers... thts why its called a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> daily.. to kick ***. Its not something u can do every few secs like normal skills, get used to it. I havent played CW but i think from all classes CWs rechage AP fastest since everytime i meet one in battle he has daily up too, TRs dont have it tht fast for example.
    TRs are all about surprising target with burst dmg and hoping to get the kill, otherwise we are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Out in the open TRs not that much of a threat for any decent player, esp for CWs.
    Bottom line is : learn to play better instead of crying about others being OP, ull never learn **** with tht attitude.

Yeah because all the TRs are pro players who would play good with any class but went with TR right? So they own cause they are pro ? And all the rest playing the rest of the classes are noobs and badies.Every time i see TRs in arena they are always the top of the chart. So that's why TR is this good atm ? Good to know.
  • Options
    saythinsaythin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    drussiv wrote: »
    They have cc with (what seems like an age long) silence. They can go invisible they can dodge some spells if they're good. They have what seems like the highest single target burst damage. They have rather better defense than CW (just judging from the way I deal damage to TR vs CW).

Idk but to me it seems at least one of these things should be nerfed for PvP? Maybe make the silence shorter, a good TR will sneak up on you invis deal huge damage, then silence you before you can cc him and kill you while you are still silenced.

Too much of PvP (at least that I play) are 1 v 1 battles, even when you fight 2 v 2 or something the other guy on your team is very unlikely to help you kill the rogue that jumps on you.

I mean a GWF is also very strong I feel in a 1 v 1 situation and I often think oh **** that if one manages to get close to me, but they are nowhere near as annoying as TR.

If you know how and what to dodge a TR is never a problem for anyone....... I am a TR and never lsoe to other tr's because they are easy to killits liek Im the only person in this game that knows that. play one and you will find out all thier weakness's