test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No plans on doing a roll back just announced

mopop27mopop27 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame

It's right there.

Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 21m
@bdgreen88 we haven't expressed any plans to do a rollback. Thanks for your question though! :)
Post edited by mopop27 on

Comments

• Options
    assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    this game is worse than diablo 3

even blizz make rollbacks
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lol I've only payed 15 bucks. I'm very weary on if I want to continue or not. I'm patching PSO2 in the meantime...
  • Options
    kaskiankaskian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Update 12PM Pacific: We are still investigating the situation. There is a high likelihood that we will be performing character-specific rollbacks on any accounts that were found to be utilizing the exploit. Additionally, we are investigating the extent of what can additional steps can be taken to remove any illegitimately obtained Astral Diamonds that have entered into the economy. At this stage, the possibility of performing a shard-wide is unlikely.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?262972-Astral-Diamond-Exchange-and-Auction-House-Offline
    Hey everybody! We're bringing the shards down temporarily to better investigate the AH/AD issue. Estimated downtime is 1 hour. Updates soon!

bye

done
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    antonn13antonn13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So what's the next game to play now that this one is dead?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    the possibility of performing a shard-wide is unlikely.

The derps couldn't even form the sentence right.
  • Options
    l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Love their wording "at this time"... which leaves it open ended. The game has been compromised and the economy is trash. Do the right thing PW.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    PSO2 is an amazing action game and has a KILLER free2play model. Only problem is the items are in Japanese. But it's not that bad, it has an english patch.
  • Options
    merlinreynmerlinreyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    antonn13 wrote: »
    So what's the next game to play now that this one is dead?

You people really are idiots
  • Options
    vlayde9vlayde9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm done.

Requesting for a refund.

Never touching another PW game.

And I thought nothing could've been worsed than D3's gold dupe, atleast Blizzard responded in matter of minutes.
  • Options
    haagen76haagen76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for linking, that's all I needed. I'll uninstall.
  • Options
    rockombolirockomboli Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dude.. they will roll back accounts that use the exploit ? shouldnt they ban this accounts?... geez..
  • Options
    vamps37vamps37 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    They need to do a ROLL BACK... or Kill everyones account and level your toons back up.

Either way its a PR nightmare for them and they need to fix this and they are going to loose a MASS AMMOUNT of people
  • Options
    mirage113mirage113 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OMG , well they are in this for the all mighty dollar , sweep it under the rug , and hope the coin keeps rolling in
  • Options
    falson1falson1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mirage113 wrote: »
    OMG , well they are in this for the all mighty dollar , sweep it under the rug , and hope the coin keeps rolling in

Well duh, that's what company's do.. make money. Yes the made a MMO to make money just like everyone else... duh.....I am vbery happy there is no wipe. Those claiming the game is dead just leave already.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well I knew not to be a founder because PWE grubby paws were in it. I like this game a lot, I just hate PWE so much. I wish these shotgun chinese MMO companies would just stay in China D:
  • Options
    antonn13antonn13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    merlinreyn wrote: »
    You people really are idiots

Says the guy that gave PWE his money.
  • Options
    eidamaeidama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 1m
    Update: the shard downtime will be extended for two more hours as we address the AD/AH issue. More details soon - thank you!
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

> http://mopp4.net/ <
  • Options
    wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why not see what they have done after the downtime before deciding you are done etc? maybe they will sort it out.
  • Options
    paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    "We are also investigating the possibility of a shard-wide rollback."
    Admin: dezstravus
  • Options
    oldsnakemgsoldsnakemgs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    Maybe you guys start finalizing what you are saying - first no rollback, now they are investigating, man what is it up to now ?
    A server wipe will be the death to this game though since I would quit surely if I lost all stuff PLUS my early access bonus...
  • Options
    lethizorlethizor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't really understand all of the *****ing, to be honest. I'm probably the odd one out, or maybe I'm missing some giant component to all of this, but I've been on playing every day and I don't get it.

Economy is a hot topic in every game and I do not understand why, buying <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> from other players is probably the last thing on earth I pay attention to in a game. As far as buying stuff with RL currency, sure... but I'd buy specific things, for a 1:1 ratio... IE I buy this, I get this. I don't care what value that thing has in relation to other peoples stuff, or whatever... Like, the respec - I'd buy a respec if I wanted to respec, and as long as I got to respec I'd be happy. Simple, right?

As far as the whole, this is open beta thing. Yeah - okay so it's open beta, but we were also told no wipes, and going back on that would irritate me a heck of a lot more then people having stuff they shouldn't have for a little bit. As an actual veteran gamer for many launches of MMOs, I have seen tons of much worse exploits not turn into a complete wipe in open beta/early release, and even during the actual game... Just ban the people who were caught doing it, more importantly remove their misbegotten goods, and maybe consider a rework the entire currency idea if the problem is too widespread since we're early in the game. I can't figure out why some people believe a server wipe should even be on the table, lol.

As far as people being oh god the game is dead, I also feel like I didn't hear that correctly... the game is dead because some people are very upset about people exploiting and having things they shouldn't have and PW took the servers down to fix it but it's not a full wipe or rewind so you're so unhappy that you're quitting and thus the game is dead as a result? That also sounds ridiculous. Honestly, so does people complaining to the BBB...just really all seems twilight zone like strange and extreme to me. Did you or did you not get what you paid for? Yes? Then how does other people getting what you paid for by breaking the rules mean that you should complain to the BBB? I'm confused.

I think people just need to breathe a little bit. As for me personally, I'll play because I enjoy many aspects of the game, and I suspect many others will too. What will happen, will happen. PW will handle the situation how they handle it, if it isn't to your liking you don't need to play, and that is totally fine - you guys are all entitled to do what you want, I just think the rage and kneejerk reactions are a bit out of control here.
  • Options
    haagen76haagen76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe you guys start finalizing what you are saying - first no rollback, now they are investigating, man what is it up to now ?
    A server wipe will be the death to this game though since I would quit surely if I lost all stuff PLUS my early access bonus...

There isn't a wipe and I am quitting.
    If there is one then you'll quit and so on and so on. You see where this is going?

While there is a poll that says 60% want a wipe it's a narrow view so can't be taken completely serious; it's no win situation.

What people need to understand is that it's not just this 1 exploit. It's by far the biggest, but there are a series of them that have eroded the economy. Then the whole BOE epics which fuels the machine, well that's for another thread.
  • Options
    ekkyopgekkyopg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nerds just love to complain but 24hrs from now they'll be in game complaining about something else.
  • Options
    alibabababyalibabababy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lethizor wrote: »

As far as the whole, this is open beta thing. Yeah - okay so it's open beta, but we were also told no wipes, and going back on that would irritate me a heck of a lot more then people having stuff they shouldn't have for a little bit. As an actual veteran gamer for many launches of MMOs, I have seen tons of much worse exploits not turn into a complete wipe in open beta/early release, and even during the actual game... Just ban the people who were caught doing it, more importantly remove their misbegotten goods, and maybe consider a rework the entire currency idea if the problem is too widespread since we're early in the game. I can't figure out why some people believe a server wipe should even be on the table, lol.

As far as people being oh god the game is dead, I also feel like I didn't hear that correctly... the game is dead because some people are very upset about people exploiting and having things they shouldn't have and PW took the servers down to fix it but it's not a full wipe or rewind so you're so unhappy that you're quitting and thus the game is dead as a result? That also sounds ridiculous. Honestly, so does people complaining to the BBB...just really all seems twilight zone like strange and extreme to me. Did you or did you not get what you paid for? Yes? Then how does other people getting what you paid for by breaking the rules mean that you should complain to the BBB? I'm confused.

It's because some of these people are shills for other f2p/mmo competitors who want PW to set the bad precedent of performing a server wipe(affects every player in a negative way) as opposed to doing the rational thing and rolling back/banning accounts that exploited(not hard to do by using the AH records and looking into suspicious transactions). Everyone else is just getting riled up just because.
  • Options
    anotechanotech Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't really understand all of the *****ing, to be honest. I'm probably the odd one out, or maybe I'm missing some giant component to all of this, but I've been on playing every day and I don't get it.

Economy is a hot topic in every game and I do not understand why, buying <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> from other players is probably the last thing on earth I pay attention to in a game. As far as buying stuff with RL currency, sure... but I'd buy specific things, for a 1:1 ratio... IE I buy this, I get this. I don't care what value that thing has in relation to other peoples stuff, or whatever... Like, the respec - I'd buy a respec if I wanted to respec, and as long as I got to respec I'd be happy. Simple, right?

I think people just need to breathe a little bit. As for me personally, I'll play because I enjoy many aspects of the game, and I suspect many others will too. What will happen, will happen. PW will handle the situation how they handle it, if it isn't to your liking you don't need to play, and that is totally fine - you guys are all entitled to do what you want, I just think the rage and kneejerk reactions are a bit out of control here.

Well, I'm with you.. I'm not an in-game economy type person. I like to enjoy the game, and to me the game is not economics... but I think the whole thing can be summed up to "diminished value". People payed for something that they expected to maintain a certain value, and when exploits undermine that, people go bonkers. I think this AH deal is just the last straw. PVP was exploited, PVE end-game was exploited, and now the AH.
  • Options
    zolimoszolimos Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This is my view, as well. If it wasn't for the servers going down, I wouldn't have heard about this latest exploit. The vast majority of players never visit the forums, never even hear of these exploits, and most certainly have not had their 3 week old game economy ruined. (the lunacy of that idea makes me laugh)
    To Cryptic and PWE,
    Please just deal with the cheating scum and leave the rest of us alone. Please.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't really understand ... I do not understand

You should have stopped there.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    lethizorlethizor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why, because someone could have come along and taken my comments out of context in an attempt to eliminate my perfectly valid point?

I'm sorry I commented on your rage fest, if you'd like you may continue, and you can even continue trying to dispute my point, but you should probably attempt to do so with logic instead of copy pasting mere portions of my post to suit your own purposes and not addressing the actual context.

If you aren't up to it, I understand.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    assassin83 wrote: »
    this game is worse than diablo 3

even blizz make rollbacks

No, Blizzard did not do any rollbacks on D3, ever.