test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Possibility of wipe

f0skef0ske Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Section 16 in the TOS:

"When playing some Beta Games, you may accumulate treasure, experience points, equipment, or other value or

status indicators within the Beta test.

This data may be reset at any time during the testing process, and it may be reset when the particular game completes this testing phase.

In this case, all player history and data will be erased and each player will return to novice status."
Post edited by f0ske on

Comments

• f0skef0ske Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    UP up up up up
  • gorillajellogorillajello Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i sure hope so

the economy is garbge

people are leaving
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can do it !!!!!
  • tropicatropica Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That TOS applies to Closed beta.
    Open beta is a soft release.
  • northwind2008northwind2008 Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    They would need to go through every single credit card transaction and refund every single person their money that has bought Zen legitimately. Every single penny PWE has made to date would be gone.

Think they would do that? I doubt it. I think we are going to see some heads rolling at corporate.
  • trashcat87trashcat87 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Try to put yourself into their shoes and think for a minute, would you do it? Of course not. The best they can do is open a fresh server on "release day".
  • xblade7703xblade7703 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no it wouldnt. founder ad would be returned and ANY zen bought would be returned. no real world money would be lost. only thing lost would be ppl that legit grinded AD and bought bags for example. but its a small lose to get a working economy really.
  • jadedragon1337jadedragon1337 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Get ready for BBB claims and chargebacks if they don't, that is all I can say. Can't let them get away with this.
  • teldarateldara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Get ready for BBB claims and chargebacks if they don't, that is all I can say. Can't let them get away with this.

BBB does nothing anyways. Vote with your chargebacks.
  • volstokvolstok Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is no logical reason for a roll back or a wipe. People are complaining, but that's what people do. Some people have such minor roles in the world, that they feel it neccesary to diminish every other persons joys and accomplishments. This game is a good one. The Foundry is a great player tool for creating new and innovative dungeons. The economy is diverse and player driven. There are always going to be people who find the loop holes in the system and make massive ammounts of money (Donald Trump as a real world example). Combat in the game is extreemly player involved.

Those who complain about things that are beyond their control, call for others to make even a digital world, to their liking, are failing at one major aspect of life. Adaptation. Instead of saying "He has too much, reset the world" try figuring out "How can I use this to my advantage? How can I prosper from this?"
    edited May 2013
    volstok wrote: »
    There is no logical reason for a roll back or a wipe. People are complaining, but that's what people do. Some people have such minor roles in the world, that they feel it neccesary to diminish every other persons joys and accomplishments. This game is a good one. The Foundry is a great player tool for creating new and innovative dungeons. The economy is diverse and player driven. There are always going to be people who find the loop holes in the system and make massive ammounts of money (Donald Trump as a real world example). Combat in the game is extreemly player involved.

Those who complain about things that are beyond their control, call for others to make even a digital world, to their liking, are failing at one major aspect of life. Adaptation. Instead of saying "He has too much, reset the world" try figuring out "How can I use this to my advantage? How can I prosper from this?"

nice try there, I see your cats you have in your bag.
  • torg3torg3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let the charge backs roll!!!
  • atlanticx1atlanticx1 Member Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    no ad/zen exchange means no f2p

wipe is a must
    also unban every unlucky guy who happened to wipe pirate king boss adds after killing the boss himself.. =)
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited May 2013
    In 1-2 weeks the economy will stabilize again with the exploiters and their mules banned. The AD people got from their items being bought will also flood back into the market or into one of the many AD sinks.

A full wipe will cost them more players and generate more negative press. If I lost my geared 60, my alts and 2 max levelled professions that would be more of a reason to leave.

Just look at the reg dates of many of those who want a wipe. They are the newcomers from May who want to catch up again.
    edited May 2013
    In 1-2 weeks the economy will stabilize again with the exploiters and their mules banned. The AD people got from their items being bought will also flood back into the market or into one of the many AD sinks.

A full wipe will cost them more players and generate more negative press. If I lost my geared 60, my alts and 2 max levelled professions that would be more of a reason to leave.

Just look at the reg dates of many of those who want a wipe. They are the newcomers from May who want to catch up again.

What..about the cats?
  • bllasterrbllasterr Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope it will be no wipe...hope sooo