test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No long message, just a simple statement.

rokuthyrokuthy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 179 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I want a refund for this game. There are acceptable limits of growing pains, and you've exceeded them. This isn't what I paid for, optional purchases or not.

That's all.

You can contact customer service directly at the following address:

customerservice@perfectworld.com

Keep your request reasonable and well written.
@rokuthy on Mindflayer
Play my foundry campaign, Vermilion: Spirit of Gevaudan. The first quest, The Desperate Messenger is now available @ NWS-DM44FZM2W
Post edited by rokuthy on

Comments

• Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I want one too.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    archwardenarchwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    rokuthy wrote: »
    I want a refund for this game. There are acceptable limits of growing pains, and you've exceeded them. This isn't what I paid for, optional purchases or not.

That's all.

Unless there is a wipe-fix-official launch and at that order, I want my money back as well.
    Else this is a joke...
    Availiable for hire for T1/T2 DD at Mindflayer (european gmts):
    Gaurwulf - GF, hybrid tank/dps, GS 12.5k
  • Options
    ambermajambermaj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I suggest you try contacting customer support. No game that I know of scours their forums looking for customers that want refunds.

Unless of course all you are trying to do is complain (with no expectation of a relief), in that case :P
    Cuz you sebestimated me!
  • Options
    ashemothashemoth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup, just submitted a request for a full refund.
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think it's more a public statement rather than a request to PW, I'm sure he already sent one of those.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    rokuthyrokuthy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 179 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It is indeed a public statement, and I contacted their customer support with my request as eloquently and politely as possible at customerservice@perfectworld.com.

If you feel like I do, you should do the same!
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
    Play my foundry campaign, Vermilion: Spirit of Gevaudan. The first quest, The Desperate Messenger is now available @ NWS-DM44FZM2W
  • Options
    slowshieldslowshield Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can you let us know if you manage to get a full refund because if there is no official statement or reply from Cryptic/PerfectWorld regarding the issues, then I would like to request for one as well. It is important to communicate with your player-base especially assuring them that you are doing your utmost to resolve all these exploits and issues voiced out by the player-base.

Cryptic did a great job listening to the player-base when they requested for customizable feats rather than pre-defined ones.. back then, and made us all feel that Cryptic does LISTEN and made us feel that the money is all well spent on the game and most of us, LOVED you.

Right now, we are thinking of your quality control measures as well as whether you still care about the player-base... Will we be getting an official response and what actions you will be officially taking on this issue? Will we be getting more feedback on what is upcoming and what we can expect?
    <Archons> +8 GMT Oceanic Guild, 300 Member Strong @ Dragon Server!
    banner.png
    Silverblade (60 TR), Silver (60 DC), SilverShield (60 GF), SilverStorm (60 CW), Ultimate (60 GWF)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I have very little hope of actually receiving a refund, but I felt compelled that they at least know how I feel, and I urge everyone to let Cryptic know how they feel as well. This is completely unacceptable. I'm not one to do this, I can't remember in my entire life when I've ever requested a refund for ANYTHING. I'm the guy that if the wrong food gets brought to me a restaurant, I smile at the server and tell them "no big deal," and just eat whatever they brought. And then I still leave a tip.

I just do not act entitled in most cases, but in this particular one, it's been let down after let down, and I feel like people are actually entitled to a refund. However, like I said, I have very little hope of that actually happening. People should still be heard, though.
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
  • Options
    slowshieldslowshield Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have very little hope of actually receiving a refund, but I felt compelled that they at least know how I feel, and I urge everyone to let Cryptic know how they feel as well. This is completely unacceptable. I'm not one to do this, I can't remember in my entire life when I've ever requested a refund for ANYTHING. I'm the guy that if the wrong food gets brought to me a restaurant, I smile at the server and tell them "no big deal," and just eat whatever they brought. And then I still leave a tip.

I just do not act entitled in most cases, but in this particular one, it's been let down after let down, and I feel like people are actually entitled to a refund. However, like I said, I have very little hope of that actually happening. People should still be heard, though.

I think even for a game company, it is fine for developers to make mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes.
    But it is the communication that needs working on...

They need to let us know they are listening, they need to let us in on what they are currently working on, and what they are doing to resolve the issues...
    I feel this is important because COMMUNICATION will help reduce all these angst, anger, frustration, confusion that the player-base is facing at the moment regarding all these issues.

Many issues they should work with us, the players, and let us know, COMMUNICATE with us about all these:
    1) Exploits
    2) End-Game Content
    3) Player Suggestions - We have provided so many, are developers even looking into these?
    4) Classes - Upcoming, Player Suggested, What developers prefer or planned for.. ? Let us KNOW!?
    5) Dates - We need dates, we need you to let us know so we can trim our expectations?
    6) Cash shop -- too much have been posted regarding these, let us know the plans!

Off the top of my head.. so many other issues players have voiced out that I'm sure I haven't even covered the tip of the ice-berg.. and its melting fast. Please, communicate with us.
    <Archons> +8 GMT Oceanic Guild, 300 Member Strong @ Dragon Server!
    banner.png
    Silverblade (60 TR), Silver (60 DC), SilverShield (60 GF), SilverStorm (60 CW), Ultimate (60 GWF)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I agree, communication would go a long ways. Real communication.
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
  • Options
    fennypencefennypence Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    I think at this point if you go to your bank and ask for a charge-back there is a mountain of evidence supporting your case. Otherwise you can submit a ticket with the BBB and see if they can assist you in getting your money back for a faulty product. Tons of people did it with Diablo 3 (myself included). Those are your two best chances to get your money back, not talking with the company directly.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    You can always initiate a chargeback yourself, of course, but be aware that you may be investigated for fraud if you do so.

If PWE wants the continuing bad publicity that would inevitably follow for trying to (and probably not succeeding) in prosecuting for fraud the users who paid for this disaster of a game then they are welcome.

I doubt any company would risk such devastatingly bad publicity though.
  • Options
    sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sadly I think I will be doing the same if they don't either roll back the server or wipe it in the next few days. I really was starting to enjoy the game, and have been trying to get some old gaming friends to come and try it out. This whole open beta/release thing is was a bad idea.

Great core game, but it seems that PWE is as bad as EA when it comes to rushing the process to meet stock holder expectations.
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • Options
    krayzeeonekrayzeeone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 67
    edited May 2013

That's all.

You can contact customer service directly at the following address:

customerservice@perfectworld.com

Keep your request reasonable and well written.

You're wasting your time. Nobody responds to emails heading to that address.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    If PWE wants the continuing bad publicity that would inevitably follow for trying to (and probably not succeeding) in prosecuting for fraud the users who paid for this disaster of a game then they are welcome.

I doubt any company would risk such devastatingly bad publicity though.

Their game allowed what you call "fraud" to happen. You can't take legal action against that. Sorry.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Incorrect.

People who purchased Zen have received exactly what they paid for. There is no case to be made.

Founder's packs are different since a good chunk of the value was in AD's, and now that AD are worthless...
  • Options
    fennypencefennypence Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Incorrect.

People who purchased Zen have received exactly what they paid for. There is no case to be made.

I got a chargeback on D3 from the BBB just on the back of golden chest exploiting hyper-inflating the economy at the beginning of the game. Take a second to think about everything that's happened so far and the implications it has regarding the game. Anybody who has sold zen might have been potentially scammed by people exploiting the system. Anybody who bought zen has had their purchase compromised by this recent exploit.

I'm advocating a more effective means of getting a refund than asking for it directly from the company based on personal experience. Stop thinking you understand how the system works and let me help people get what they want.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Founder's packs are different since a good chunk of the value was in AD's, and now that AD are worthless...

If you bought the founders pack for the AD ... you where not being wise. It was a nice bonus but hardly the main reason to buy the pack.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dahkohtdahkoht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fennypence wrote: »
    I think at this point if you go to your bank and ask for a charge-back there is a mountain of evidence supporting your case. Otherwise you can submit a ticket with the BBB and see if they can assist you in getting your money back for a faulty product. Tons of people did it with Diablo 3 (myself included). Those are your two best chances to get your money back, not talking with the company directly.

This.

Simply go to your CC company and file a dispute. It's a slam dunk at this point you will get it , there's nothing PWE can do on their side to not show "products not as advertised" , which is a reason for asking for a chargeback on any CC dispute request.

Took me 30 secs to do on my Discover card , and it's already been refunded pending PWE proving their side why it shouldn't be charged back.

What do you think their chanced of that are ?

If they wipe it though I'll gladly cancel my dispute.
  • Options
    rockombolirockomboli Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yo.. i would setlle if they refunded half of what i spend... i mean.. i think its fair... half of my money back and they can even delete my account.. i would walk way, no questions asked...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dahkoht wrote: »
    This.

Simply go to your CC company and file a dispute. It's a slam dunk at this point you will get it , there's nothing PWE can do on their side to not show "products not as advertised" , which is a reason for asking for a chargeback on any CC dispute request.

Took me 30 secs to do on my Discover card , and it's already been refunded pending PWE proving their side why it shouldn't be charged back.

What do you think their chanced of that are ?

If they wipe it though I'll gladly cancel my dispute.

Not sure how much you spent, but it costs them $35 PER chargeback on top of refunding the money so it hurts when people do this which I think is a GOOD thing. I'm doing the same right now, but I bought in small chunks so there are several $35 charges coming...
  • Options
    thetravelingboythetravelingboy Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Every time I read more about this launch (from this forum and others) I'm more and more glad I didn't spend any money on this game.

Horrible customer service, horrible response to problems... just horrible.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    krayzeeone wrote: »
    Not sure how much you spent, but it costs them $35 PER chargeback on top of refunding the money so it hurts when people do this which I think is a GOOD thing. I'm doing the same right now, but I bought in small chunks so there are several $35 charges coming...

Hey same here :)

So if I do decide to charge-back it will hurt them even more. Great to know......
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Best to just do a chargeback. You can make a case since they listed what they claimed to be the value of the founders packs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Every time I read more about this launch (from this forum and others) I'm more and more glad I didn't spend any money on this game.

Horrible customer service, horrible response to problems... just horrible.

Agreed, I have emailed customer service many times about a variety of issues and received nothing. 2 weeks and counting. How could Wizards of the Coast allow PWE (not Cryptic as I think this is strictly an issue with PWE) to publish this game.

Yank the licence if this is their usual business practice!
  • Options
    penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really want to support this game, I've spent an extra hundred above my HoTN pack, and i really didn't mind it until now. I hope we get a wipe with a full zen refund (all zen purchases credited back into our accounts as fresh zen). If not, I'm prolly going to do the same thing as you and ask for a refund.
  • Options
    femaelstromfemaelstrom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I requested a refund last Tuesday. I also used that email address because going to the official support page just gives me redirect loop errors. I got a boilerplate "We've gotten your ticket but can't respond now because we're swamped" type reply, but nothing since. Absolutely criminal behavior imo.
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed, I have emailed customer service many times about a variety of issues and received nothing. 2 weeks and counting. How could Wizards of the Coast allow PWE (not Cryptic as I think this is strictly an issue with PWE) to publish this game.

Yank the licence if this is their usual business practice!

I've never seen a game really respond to bug reports.

I remember in Rift I reported a certain warrior bug several times over a month period. Never any action taken or acknowledgement. Then some random player posted about it on the forums. A dev happened to read it and immediately disabled the ability until a fix could be accomplished.

It was at that point I stopped submitting bug reports, they seem to be a waste of time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    femaelstromfemaelstrom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »
    I've never seen a game really respond to bug reports.

I remember in Rift I reported a certain warrior bug several times over a month period. Never any action taken or acknowledgement. Then some random player posted about it on the forums. A dev happened to read it and immediately disabled the ability until a fix could be accomplished.

It was at that point I stopped submitting bug reports, they seem to be a waste of time.

Exactly, you have to publicly shame the devs to get action sometimes. Not always, but sometimes it's the only way something will get done.
  • Options
    jynxed2jynxed2 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I guess i'm the only person smart enough to not spend hundreds of dollars in a "beta" game that has more or less launched full of bugs. I have no need to spend a dime on this game to have fun right now and that's fine by me!
This discussion has been closed.