test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Streamer making use of the duped AD to sell **** stuff for 90mil AD

2»

Comments

• crjyingcrjying Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Better to have this kind of things happening on open beta rather than on full release...
  • lariandesalverlariandesalver Member Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    iamphaus wrote: »
    LOL all he did was sell things, he didn't exploit anything, stop being a 5yearold because you couldn't do the same lmao

you are the five year old if you really try to make it sounds like it isn't wrong what he did and honestly believe it. Then get out too please, as you would be a player who never can be trusted.
  • gorlie102gorlie102 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    He didn't break any rules, it was obvious that prices would go up.

I don't understand why they haven't shut the servers down, now people have had hours to figure out the best way to keep their money. There needs to be a rollback, and you can't punish people for trying to save their investments when the market is ****ed up like this.
  • sacred55sacred55 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you are the five year old if you really try to make it sounds like it isn't wrong what he did and honestly believe it. Then get out too please, as you would be a player who never can be trusted.

You realise ppl are getting insane money just for having had an item in auction house ye?
  • magitek3magitek3 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    crjying wrote: »
    Better to have this kind of things happening on open beta rather than on full release...

What measures can Cryptic take, in this open beta state, that they cannot take on a live release? They've already ruled out wipes.
  • cluesclues Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    10. User Conduct
    .... Without limiting the foregoing, in addition to the User Content rules set forth in Section 10 above, you agree not to take any of the following actions:...

(i) Engage in, encourage, or promote any illegal activity, or any activity that violates these Terms or the Rules of Conduct;...
    (k) Cheat or utilize unauthorized exploits in connection with the Games or the Service;
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players....

I'm sure a lot of people don't read this stuff (and ctrl+f isn't hard to use in the first place), but it's dumb to assume that in any game's ToS they do not cover that benefiting in any way from an exploit is against their terms.
  • iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Dude everything here is taken out of context to a whole new level, were you even in the stream at the begging of all of this? Putting something up for auction and actually being bought at a ridiculous price no one saw coming. Not like he went to the source of it and started duping, you goofed it bro
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • northwind2008northwind2008 Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    Oh he will he is probably looking at legal ramifications at this point as well.

ROFL..................i just had coffee come out my nose laughing at you.
  • aelr3naelr3n Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So my toon gets banned for standing on a wall in pirates and this guy that hacked the ****ing game and has 61M AD is still playing? This is ridiculous BS. WTF is this insult?
  • kurtz0619kurtz0619 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    there can be no legal action. There is no law in any statute book at the state or federal level involving fraudulent transactions in video games using make-believe money. According to all sources, Zen has no monetary value, even if you pay cash for it. Otherwise PWE could be held liable for gambling since you can use zen to buy keys to unlock boxes.
This discussion has been closed.