test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Item transfer between character on the same account

andouandou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi everyone, I have found certain items on one of my characters and want to give them to my second character. Though if I try sending them via mail using name@accname it will send them right into my own characters mail box. So how can I give those items to my second character?

regards
Post edited by andou on

Comments

• rhazes1rhazes1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    Go to compose mail when you mouse over it it it should say something @Example thats where you send it to an all characters can see it.
    I spend all day reading every thread and letting people know this is BETA.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just mail to @accname, that'll go to all your characters.
  • piklenpiklen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Trade with friend, switch characters, trade back?
  • raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    player-to-player mail is account-wide, not character wide. The only mails that are character wide are system mails from the game or NPCs. This means that any mail that a player sends to you (including you sending it to yourself) will be available on all your characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • andouandou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you guys for the fast response! :)
  • kushlovinfreakkushlovinfreak Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same problem.,and the mail i send its only visible to the character that sended the mail.
    when i log in with the other character (same account) those mails are not there...am i doing something wrong? is there something i can do from my side?
    cause i tryed sending the mail like 20 times,and always ends up visible ONLY to the character that sended the mail in the first place.
    would be grateful foran response,cause its driving ,me nuts.
  • psykronospsykronos Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same problem.,and the mail i send its only visible to the character that sended the mail.
    when i log in with the other character (same account) those mails are not there...am i doing something wrong? is there something i can do from my side?
    cause i tryed sending the mail like 20 times,and always ends up visible ONLY to the character that sended the mail in the first place.
    would be grateful foran response,cause its driving ,me nuts.

when composing your mail,
    type in @kushlovinfreak
    instead of yourcharactername@kushlovinfreak

Your other characters in your account will then be able to see the mail.
  • tommyx2tonetommyx2tone Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I see all the responses although i have done everything exactly the way its supposed to be done and like everyones elses problem. It is only visible to the character that sent it. Although it says it will be available to the account and not just the character, SO not true. Plz fix this issue becuase it is definitely not working for me and I have done it the correct way. S/N when i go to delete emails is anyone elsse having the problem of them duplicating instead? lol that is a side note though so PLZ address the main issue first that's what I really would like to be able to do. Along with sending money from one char to another.
  • dracothdracoth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Regardless when you input (Character name.. whether its the character that's sending it or the second character receiving it) While using @ (Your Cryptic Account) All characters are able to receive the mail you sent meaning if your character who is sending to the supposed second character it would be no different to sending it to yourself as all characters can access the same mail. STO and CO also have mail systems which collide between each other. Mails that are sent to you from different games can be received from a game you are currently playing... So in a sense... its a Account Mail sent to itself...

Sorry for detailed explanation... I just like hearing myself talk smart when I rarely have the chance...
    edited May 2013
    well my mailbox is empty on the char that i want to have stuff and the char im trying to send from has a full inbox of all the stuff i sent?? So somehow its not getting there.
    edited May 2013
    well my mailbox is empty on the char that i want to have stuff and the char im trying to send from has a full inbox of all the stuff i sent?? So somehow its not getting there.

Really? I always exchange mail between my characters... made on mistake using my main character and sent it to himself... yet my sub character was still able to receive it... I pretty much did this (Type in Main character name) @ (Cryptic Account Name) I cant tell you mine for example but it isn't a PWE account...

In this case a PWE could be as Example: GamesRule666 (Not a real account its a example and if it is a real account Im sorry for giving it away)

then you may have made a Cryptic account with different name... EdisonTheLightBulbGuy (Another dumb example)

and if you have a character in the game named (Example:) Thomas Edison

Then to compose the said mail it would be... Thomas Edison (Cryptic character names are allowed to have spaces)@EdisonTheLightBulbGuy

The @->(With the long account name) Will be sent to the account among all characters... though once a character receives the said item it wont be obtained by anyone else... Check for typos too...

PS: Yes I like long detailed information explained to other people because it makes me sound smart even when other people don't
    PPS: I like dumb names as example because I find it funny even though other people don't
    PPPS: sorry for anyone that has account names like this
    PPPPS: I like putting a lot of PS's because I find it humorous even though others do not, but at least if someone gets a smile then I've done my job right...
    edited May 2013
    yea ive sent with character name @tommyx2tone and also just @tommyx2tone no matter what it is always in the senders mailbox never to the one i want to have the stuff. it even showed the other characters name in the mains email. This may be the problem but i really hope not. I started a char on mindflayer then made it to lvl25 before one of my buddies was like "dude we are all on beholder" so i remade the char over then and wanted to send stuff i hadnt bound yet and all my profession supplies and gems. I dunno just aggravating
    edited May 2013
    Probably because they are in different "servers"... You may want to delete your character since you cant mail it to other characters on the server... however, PWE plan to combine all the servers into one server... So I've heard... you can wait till they do that and not delete your lvl 25 character or not wait delete him and play on beholder...
  • lissyanthus2lissyanthus2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It will not work for me either. It is only seeable by the character I am sending from. I wonder, if both your toons are on different servers will mail not go from one to the other? I didn't notice when I made my second toon that it was on a different server. Least I think it is. Arrgh, this is making me so crazy that I don't even want to play anymore!
  • nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It will not work for me either. It is only seeable by the character I am sending from. I wonder, if both your toons are on different servers will mail not go from one to the other? I didn't notice when I made my second toon that it was on a different server. Least I think it is. Arrgh, this is making me so crazy that I don't even want to play anymore!

Mail is only by Server. If they're on different servers, you can't mail to them. If you've invested time into the one already, don't fret, there will be a server merger.
    edited June 2013
    dracoth, You just answered my question! I finally thought it might be because the two toons are on different servers, (after going crazy for the last two days). Well dang, but then my other toon is only lvl 8 so may as well delete her now and make a new one on the same server as my main one. At least I won't be loosing out on too much time spent leveling her.

Thanks dracoth, and thanks to all who answered the original posters question. Nothing so frustrating then to not be able to find out something even after dozens of web searches, is there?!
    edited June 2013
    Thanks to nullwolf1 too! You guys are awesome!
  • kelly713kelly713 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i have the same problem, but i ve sent a few stuff to my secong character, and now i cant get my stuff back....and it was quiet valuable as well, a mount and fash, which is very deppresing me at the moment.....
    psykronos wrote: »
    when composing your mail,
    type in @kushlovinfreak
    instead of yourcharactername@kushlovinfreak

Your other characters in your account will then be able to see the mail.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Send an email to yourself via the mail system. Make certain it arrives to your inbox, then reply to that email with any attachments you want to send...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Just mail to @accname, that'll go to all your characters.

Sorry to be kind of specific. But it is @handle not account name. For a lot of people it is the same, but not for everyone. I know my handle, account name, and forum name are all different. That may or may not be the case for the OP.

*To be sure you can rightclick your portrait in game. It will show your name@handle at the top of the popup window. Again, as others have said. Just mail it to @handle and you can pick it up with any of your characters.*
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • finalattackerfinalattacker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am having a little of the same issue only I can not put items or anything else into the mail. If you can help please help I have found nothing on the forum about people having issues placing items into the mail.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    . . . . . Just like to reiterate: You cannot send mail to characters on different Shards than the sender. To send to all the characters on that account and Shard, send it to just your @handle. There is no way to transfer Shards at this time. (I notice the Shards are being referred to as Servers a lot, which is understandable, so I'd like to throw this out there: All three Shards are on the same Server. It's their multi-layer technology. They do plan on merging all the shards in the future. There has been no hint of a time-frame for this merger however.)

I am having a little of the same issue only I can not put items or anything else into the mail. If you can help please help I have found nothing on the forum about people having issues placing items into the mail.

. . . . . You can only send and claim items from mail while checking your mail through either the Postal Courier or one of the Mail Boxes. You cannot claim or send items through the Main Menu shortcut.
  • dost420dost420 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    doesn't work. i have read through all posts above been tried multiple times with all you guys have said.
    still doesn't work.
    tommx2tone is right.
  • notasknownnotasknown Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    the person who loves to hear himself talk smart.. lol , neverwinter is its own server, there is no other server that governs this game so that the sending mail problem has everthing to do with neverwinter, not the server because the server is neverwinter
    dost420 wrote: »
    doesn't work. i have read through all posts above been tried multiple times with all you guys have said.
    still doesn't work.
    tommx2tone is right.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    dost420 wrote: »
    still doesn't work.
    tommx2tone is right.
    . .. . . . Please make sure your characters are on the same Shard. When on the Character Select Screen, the Shard Name each character is on will be listed underneath each of your character's names, aligned to the right. As I stated above, you cannot receive mail from a different Shard.
This discussion has been closed.