test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trap Bugs

chivashchivash Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
I have a few spike traps and some poison arrow traps in my foundry. I got a review stating some of the spike traps showed out of line of site so they couldn't disarm them and the arrow traps, even after disarmed, still triggered.

I went in as a rouge to test this and they are correct. Spike traps when placed are not clickable and I can not move them in the 3d editor and the arrow traps will still work. Is this a known error in the foundry or an I doing something wrong?
Post edited by chivash on

Comments

• chivashchivash Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    anyone experiencing this issue in the foundry?
  • keylord02keylord02 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Spike traps are full of glitches, so you're honestly better off without them. Try increasing the Z by 1 in case they're getting stuck in the floor.

Arrow traps have worked fine for me so far, but I've only used one so far.
    Tomb of Wernar by @Lya
    Short code: NW-DJGYNI7NH

In this old school-style adventure, the hero(es) explore an old ruined castle while searching for a fabled magic item at the behest of a wizard.
  • hercul33thercul33t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 190 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    As stated, spike traps are notoriously bad.

The next problem is that the traps in game are ridiculously weak right now. You're better off building your own trap using items and a bit of ingenuity.
    Dr. Herc trilogy NWS-DHDPDVTMA
  • zekrallmizzrymzekrallmizzrym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Just keep adjusting the Z value, any traps hidden have been fixed with a slight tweak (for me anyway)

Although traps are really worthless currently, don't know why a rogue would bother to disarm (other than RP reasons).
    Resurrection of Xunvrae - NWS-DNNZST5FJ
    House Arken'etts' power is shattered, to restore this once proud house Xunvrae must return.
  • chivashchivash Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    Ok as long as I know they are buggy and its not me. Thanks for the responses.
  • rathenau15rathenau15 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    Slightly off topic; I was under the impression that the Y axis was the one that concerned up and down movement (ground to ceiling). Was I horrible wrong there?
  • valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Answer from nwugc admin: "when you place your traps make sure that room level (whatever it's called) is selected... and not zero elevation."

And put 0.25 in Y, then you can disarm the traps. :D
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
    edited May 2013
    an that worked! thank you Valcontar73!
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rathenau15 wrote: »
    Slightly off topic; I was under the impression that the Y axis was the one that concerned up and down movement (ground to ceiling). Was I horrible wrong there?

Wrong, but no not horribly. 3D editors sometimes use Y axis for height and sometimes use Z.
    Neverwinter uses Z.
  • valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chivash wrote: »
    an that worked! thank you Valcontar73!

Glad to help! :D
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • poedapandapoedapanda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Traps can be lowered out of sight making them impossible to remove. Its nice to put them down -1 to prevent the Trickster from disarming them. Everyone gets a hit from them increasing the damage level of the map. I like to make a mix of both. Only the Trickster will see the trap but will not be able to disarm some.
  • apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Spike traps will perma-root players who step on them no matter what their Y values are set to. Be warned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here