test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I think it's about time for some new content.

cantthinkcantthink Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
What's the hold up? My guild and many other guilds who have been here since open beta are already BiS everything including perfect enchants and such. There's nothing to do anymore.. Neverwinter met my expectations at first but now that I'm max lvl BiS I know I was wrong. Never the less, looking forward to the Module 1 content release..
Post edited by cantthink on

Comments

• Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Really? It's not even a month old. smh.
  • Options
    jcfisher3rdjcfisher3rd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really? It's not even a month old. smh.

That's what happens when you make a game where you can hit level cap in 24 hours played.
  • Options
    aronwenaronwen Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    That's what happens when you make a game where you can hit level cap in 24 hours played.

Pretty much... got to 60 and didn't even come close to doing all the quests either, still have 3 areas of quests and I didn't do any foundries on the way to 60 either... just a dungeon during delves and skirmish during skirmish.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    New content lol. It's still in beta.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    Foundry ->
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    It's still in beta.

Keep believing that son.
  • Options
    unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Give them at least two to three months for the new content to roll in. That's how it is with any new MMO, it needs years to build up the content that people are accustomed to with older MMOs.
  • Options
    selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited May 2013
    NW needs to roll out new content at a fast pace to keep people playing. Theres not much "casual" downtime content to do between the dungeon runs
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here is the thing. One needs to temper expectations. Troll post aside. I'm not sure folks are being reasonable in their end game expectations.

Example. Take a look at the end game in CO...its ok, Ill wait for you to get back.

Ok.

Now take a look at the end game for STO.

Notice a pattern forming? 5 man raids is pretty much all you're going to see. In addition to that both games have a very slanted casual outlook. This game will never have WoW style raiding. Progression will be limited, at best. Boss mechanics will likewise also be limited. It is just not something Cryptic is good at.

The foundry is the end game. If you are a casual player who likes stories. This happy dance is for you, you'll enjoy the game. If you are progression type raider looking for epic content. Its going to be disappointment.
  • Options
    oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pointless thread is pointless.

developers will NEVER be able to create content as fast as their fanbase consumes it.

If you want more content, then make your own in the foundry. Get creative.

If not, quit. It's a F2P game. Come back when there's more.

But really, if you get to level 60 in 24 hours..........no MMO can keep up with you.
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    roninthehoodroninthehood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would hope you are jokeing by this BS thread. asking for new content within 3 months of the game ( soft launch or not) makes you a *$&#&$#*^%$#$ tard. period. Should not of rushed to the end like all complaining &^#&@^@(*&()*& tards do. then come here to *&$&^#& complain. this thread is stupid beyond nice words.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    Keep believing that son.

I will. At least that's realistic. Complaining about no content when the game had just been released to the public, open beta or otherwise, it just moronic.
  • Options
    ambermajambermaj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    New content? There may be a teaser somewhere. . .
    Cuz you sebestimated me!
  • Options
    hengyu1995hengyu1995 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While I do agree that such updates should never be rushed, I do agree that it takes too ridiculously short a duration to hit endgame.

I play very casually with a bunch of friends who only play a few hours a day, we clocked slightly over 24 hours and are already level 50ish.
  • Options
    joshmaaaaaaansjoshmaaaaaaans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    You are talking about cryptic.

The developers behind STO.

The game which went a whole year, without a major content patch.

The game which still farms the same instances from 2011.

Once Gauntlygrym is released, that'll be the only content Neverwinter will see for atleast 6+ months.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    protocol87protocol87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    Picard_Face_Palm.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Loki < The Illuminati > 60 - Control Wizard
    Protocol 60 - Great Weapon Fighter
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    there are hundreds of foundry quests...that what they are supposed to be for....or have you played them all?

what i think is unbelievable stupid is people complaining about not being enough content, but they charge through the game, cutting any corner they can and leaving out all the content that does not push them up the fastest to the lvl cap...i am 100% certain that you did not play all the content when you reached lvl cap in 24 hours...so its your own fault.

and content updates will also highly depend on the success of the game....but to judge that, it will take probably a quarter year.
  • Options
    weezle1wt1weezle1wt1 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    It's not about Foundry, it's about Warlock, Ranger, paragon paths, moar PvP. We have one pvp set, two arenas and one paragon path to every class, it is weak.
  • Options
    protocol87protocol87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    weezle1wt1 wrote: »
    It's not about Foundry, it's about Warlock, Ranger, paragon paths, moar PvP. We have one pvp set, two arenas and one paragon path to every class, it is weak.

chuck_norris1.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Loki < The Illuminati > 60 - Control Wizard
    Protocol 60 - Great Weapon Fighter
  • Options
    cantthinkcantthink Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Foundry is pointless.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let me see... Hmm it might have something about it being not quite 3 weeks since launch. Just maybe something.

Make your complaint at 6 months if you want to be taken seriously.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kittledorfkittledorf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Bah they have to add more content way faster, since it's lacking in the first place. If nothing new comes within first 1-3 months, this game will have a very small fanbase. It's not just about the lacking content, they have to work on all the issues faster. Some issues are very small and still nothing happens, since they love to call it "Open Beta" why not test stuff. Like removing 50% of the adds from lets say the rather easy pirateking T2 first dungeon and see how people react to it. Dont know if they show us everything in the patchnotes, but still more stuff should be in them if not just skip them. If some ability/skill turns out to be a new exploit just disable it for the time being.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kittledorf wrote: »
    Bah they have to add more content way faster, since it's lacking in the first place.

Duh. That is what open beta means.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    feargxfeargx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    cantthink wrote: »
    What's the hold up? My guild and many other guilds who have been here since open beta are already BiS everything including perfect enchants and such. There's nothing to do anymore.. Neverwinter met my expectations at first but now that I'm max lvl BiS I know I was wrong. Never the less, looking forward to the Module 1 content release..

Just because you have BiS gear doesn't mean everyone does. I don't have any tier 2 yet :(

You need to understand everyone plays at different paces, and also that PW is hard at work fixing the exploit bugs, polishing the game more, and that the game is still in beta stage.

Perhaps you should take a vacation for 2-4 weeks and come back and check for new content, or try leveling an alt, that's all I can suggest =)
    Profile name / Ingame handle: @FearGXxD
    Shard: Mindflayer
    Characters: Grim, Rune, Holy, Ruin - If the name isn't the @FearGXxD handle, it's not me! =)
  • Options
    feargxfeargx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    cantthink wrote: »
    Foundry is pointless.

I disagree, I think the people who make the really good maps (not the exploit ones) have good talent and that the whole foundry system is a wonderful addition more MMOs should implement.
    Profile name / Ingame handle: @FearGXxD
    Shard: Mindflayer
    Characters: Grim, Rune, Holy, Ruin - If the name isn't the @FearGXxD handle, it's not me! =)