test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

4th Edition Class List and Neverwinter

azsh1azsh1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
Hi all-

If memory serves me well and Neverwinter is going to follow the 4th Edition Ruleset to the T then I expect the classes to be the following at launch:

Fighter
Great Weapon Fighter confirmed
Guardian Fighter confirmed

Rogue
Trickster Rogue confirmed
Brawny Rogue

Cleric
Devoted Cleric somewhat confirmed
Battle Cleric

Wizard
Control Wizard confirmed
?????

Alternate Core Classes Possible
Ranger
Paladin
Warlord
Warlock

First let me know if my memory serves me well and two please add to this post if you think I missed something.

Thanks,

Azsh
Post edited by azsh1 on

Comments

• Options
    cosmictimbercosmictimber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If the video's we have seen mean anything we know that there is some type of bow wielding class and some sort of fire caster. I think that's the two that we, the collective, have been able to identify. But I think you got everything that is actually confirmed...

Personally I would fully expect a paladin class as a second heal-type class, since I think we only have one healish class right now (if I am not mistaken).

I really don't need a plethora of classes at launch. I just need the ones that are available to be functional, fun, and balanced. In face, having played many games at launch, I would prefer fewer classes (unpopular I know) to help ensure that every single one is deep, engaging and above all reasonably balanced. Otherwise the QQ's come and the game starts to get bad knocks.
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ranger is confirmed but we are unsure which one, its either Archer Ranger or Two-Bladed
    Ranger, the other wizard is War Wizard and we believe we saw it in the Great Weapon Fighter video
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    My own ignorance here I guess, but we saw some class with a bow... if we know ranger is confirmed (which admittedly I didn't) then is the assumption that its an Archer Ranger? Or was there a reason to think otherwise?
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Just give me a ranger, and don't be so rigid to the 4th ed paragon classes (meaning if he is a two blade let him be able to get a animal companion and use a bow as well) and I'll be happy...and no this isn't some Drizzit fantasy I have been playing my Rangers that way before Drizzit's was even thought of.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Just give me a ranger, and don't be so rigid to the 4th ed paragon classes (meaning if he is a two blade let him be able to get a animal companion and use a bow as well) and I'll be happy...and no this isn't some Drizzit fantasy I have been playing my Rangers that way before Drizzit's was even thought of.

I am with you here. As a ranger played in almost everything, I am happy either way. Mechanically speaking though, I personally don't want a pet class. (though it pains me to say that) I haven't seen many MMO's get pets right. They are typically bugged, wonky, stupid, and a major source of complaints. Guild Wars 2 is among the most recent of the poorly done pet classes.

People knock WOW, but that is one thing they nailed over time. The pets are snappy, responsive, powerful and their animations look good.

So while I would LOVE to have good pet classes... i am absolutely not naive enough to think that it's going to work well.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    My own ignorance here I guess, but we saw some class with a bow... if we know ranger is confirmed (which admittedly I didn't) then is the assumption that its an Archer Ranger? Or was there a reason to think otherwise?

well the Ranger in the video is a NPC, then they told us the are working on a Ranger playable class, but that that was all they could say. I would almost guaranteeing the War Wizard.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    well the Ranger in the video is a NPC, then they told us the are working on a Ranger playable class, but that that was all they could say. I would almost guaranteeing the War Wizard.

As long as my war wizard is like this I'll be happy ;)
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited January 2013

btw, the new banner on you sig is sweet.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    btw, the new banner on you sig is sweet.

Thanks Gillrmn made it. I just told him some of what I wanted, and he made it Awesome.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Thanks Gillrmn made it. I just told him some of what I wanted, and he made it Awesome.

cool, it came out really nice.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Here's my reply on this touched-on-topic in another thread:
    zebular wrote: »
    A forgotten Realms Core Race list would be highly beneficial. Post it or link it if you could
    I tried to find one but a generalized D&D Player Race list one wiki was all I could find.

Classes:
    PHB1: Fighter, Cleric, Rogue, Ranger, Paladin, Warlock, Warlord, and Wizard.
    PHB2: Avenger, Bard, Barbarian, Druid, Invoker, Shaman, Sorcerer, and Warden.
    PHB3: Ardent, Battlemind, Monk, Psion, Runepriest, and Seeker (PHB3 also introduces hybrid classes for Artificer, Ardent, Avenger, Barbarian, Bard, Battlemind, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Invoker, Monk, Paladin, Psion, Ranger, Rogue, Runepriest, Seeker, Shaman, Sorcerer, Swordmage, Warden, Warlock, Warlord, and Wizard).
    NWCS: Swordmage, Warlock, and Spellscarred.

Races:
    PHB1: Dragonborn, Dwarf, Eladrin, Elf, Half-Elf, Halfling, Human, and Tiefling.
    PHB2: Deva, Gnome, Goliath, Half-Orc, and Shifter.
    PHB3: Githzerai, Minotaur, Sharmind, and Wilden.
    FRPG: Drow, Genasi, Dragonborn, Dwarf, Eladrin, Elf, Half-Elf, Halfling, Human, and Tiefling.
    NWCS: (Racial Variants) Dwarf, Eladrin, and Elf.

All this information comes from my own 4e Rulebooks and not from Wikis. These are Core Rulebooks and not Supplements.

Key:
    PHB1 = 4e Player's Handbook: Arcane, Divine, and Martial Heroes
    PHB2 = 4e Player's Handbook 2: Primal, Arcane, and Divine Heroes
    PHB3 = 4e Player's Handbook 3: Psionic, Divine, and Primal Heroes
    FRPG = 4e Forgotten Realms Player's Guide
    NWCS = 4e Neverwinter Campaign Setting

Have a peek through this thread and this thread.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    azsh1 wrote: »
    Hi all-

If memory serves me well and Neverwinter is going to follow the 4th Edition Ruleset to the T...

No, it is not.

It's inspired, not always literal 4E. However, all suggested classes, races, etc do need to be cleared by WotC. However, look for the "optional" build types so far as that seems their initial way of doing it in this MMO so far...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am with you here. As a ranger played in almost everything, I am happy either way. Mechanically speaking though, I personally don't want a pet class. (though it pains me to say that) I haven't seen many MMO's get pets right. They are typically bugged, wonky, stupid, and a major source of complaints. Guild Wars 2 is among the most recent of the poorly done pet classes.

Well, while it's true that basically every version of the ranger class in d&d history had a pet build, not every ranger build has it. Among the 5 possible ranger builds in 4e only one has a pet (and the general 4e optimization consensus declared it as the worst one).
    Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus
  • Options
    raugarraugar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    i totally hope for paladin to get confirmed....i was paladin in bg1, paladin in bg2, paladin in nwn1 and paladin in nwn2....i just love paladins ^^.
  • Options
    aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    War wizard...why do i have the feeling the war wizard will actualy be a blaster ? hmmm
  • Options
    tweetybluetweetyblue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'd love a brawny rogue classe that could use <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> sword and heavy crossbow.

Do you think that a rogue specialization could offer that?
  • Options
    badgeredbadgered Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Must... have... sword-mage...
  • Options
    tweetybluetweetyblue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Do you think rogue can use <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> sword and heavy crossbow instead of double daggers?
  • Options
    rickmanrickman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'd Love to have a Warlock or Warlord... (Preferably Warlord, as i have a Thing about always ending up Tanking... even if i don't want too/Aren't speced as it)
    Diplomancy: Sometimes "I hit it with my Axe" is the only Answer.
    A Challenge is something interesting and awkward until you beat it... then it's called "Repetative"

Neverwinter on TVTropes(Needs some loving)
    Neverwinter Nights on TVTropes
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If they are not having warcleric, Ornisk will be a great weapon fighter - devoted cleric doesn't befits the reincarnation of silver dragon
  • Options
    markbiffymarkbiffy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Sorcerer as the wizard alt class would be good.

If memory serves me well and Neverwinter is going to follow the 4th Edition Ruleset to the T then I expect the classes to be the following at launch:

Fighter
    Great Weapon Fighter confirmed
    Guardian Fighter confirmed

Rogue
    Trickster Rogue confirmed
    Brawny Rogue

Cleric
    Devoted Cleric somewhat confirmed
    Battle Cleric

Wizard
    Control Wizard confirmed
    ?????

Alternate Core Classes Possible
    Ranger
    Paladin
    Warlord
    Warlock

First let me know if my memory serves me well and two please add to this post if you think I missed something.

Thanks,

Azsh[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You win the oldest Necro Ive seen award.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
This discussion has been closed.