test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Disappointing Miracle Healer testing

spoohtheonespoohtheone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Temple
Hey guys, I've finally gotten the 4 set bonus of the Miracle Healer set and I'm incredibly disappointed with the results.

"Your encounter powers causes nearby allies to be healed for 5% of your maxiumum HP."

First things first, the tooltip is lying. It does not heal nearby allieS, it's only one nearby ally. So after recieving this information you may ask, how does the healing priority work? If you are not full health it will almost always heal you instead of your party member regardless of Hp.

example: you have 99% hp, your friend has 20% hp, the heal will still go on you.

The range of this heal is ok, but since you will get most of these heals anyway it doesn't really matter. This sadly makes this an utterly usless set bonus that I've been trying so hard to get. On every encounter you use, it heals someone (regardless of HP lost and most likely you) for 1250 (at 25000 HP).

I'm actually really disappointed and I sincerely hope this is a bug. I really hope cryptic gives the guys who made the tooltips in this game the boot, because they're utterly terrible at their job.

edit: Like deistik pointed out, the one positive thing is that it ignores righteousness on yourself.
Post edited by spoohtheone on

Comments

• deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Disappointing to say the least.

Although I'm still tempted to complete it, because after all, a non-righteousness debuffed heal, is a non-righteousness debuffed heal on yourself.
  • spoohtheonespoohtheone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah It's not completetly useless, but I don't think it's our best option.

1) 850 recovery - 2x High Prophet and 2x Miracle Healer
    2) Beacon of Faith - if anyone could confirm the duration?
    3) Grand Templar - if anyone could confirm the duration?

I'm honestly looking for options right now, because now I'm sad :-c
  • suparstarxsuparstarx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How many millions of gold did you spend? Or did you grab all 4 pieces off running the dungeons? Nice find! But not so nice results!
  • spoohtheonespoohtheone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've run A lot of dungeons, but never actually was lucky enough to get it from delves / drops. Although I've been pretty good at earning AD through the Auction House.

When Delves hasnt been up I have been searching the Auction house constantly for Miracle Healer gloves, because they were (and still are incredibly rare). I also spent so much time finding out that the miracle healer head infact has the same name as the high prophet's helm. I still remember what I paid for all of the pieces though.

Head: 2.2m
    Gloves: 1.5m
    Boots: 3m
    Chest: 2m

I bought boots and chest incredibly early which made all these incredibly good purchases. Note that I have been lurking the auction house ALOT to get very good deals on these.
  • suparstarxsuparstarx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My guildie says it heals all allies nearby. I'm not sure what to believe. Gotta check those combat logs.

edit: Someone in another thread said the 450 crit/defense party buff is only up for like 4 or 5 seconds. Sooo yeah!
    edited May 2013
    For more confirmation I invited 4 guildmates after your post and tested it again. It is called Seeker's Beacon and we have tested with ingame combat log and Advanced Combat Tracker.

It does only heal one target even though all 5 had lost HP.
  • pinchzpinchz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    Grand Templar buff lasts 5 seconds.

Honestly, with the heavy DR on stats, I don't think there are any real better options like double 2 piece. At least Miracle Healer is more healing for me!
  • sasiryasasirya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Grand templar and Beacon sets both last 7 seconds, 1 second is "invisible" on the application timer and 6 seconds after that.

You dont need any more healing, and with power having the least amount of DR (or any for that matter) I believe a 2P Grand Templar and 2P Beacon might be BIS for the time being. Atleast until they buff our 4P bonuses to be more on par with others classes.

Thanks for the thread Spoohtheone, I can now stop farming T2 pieces now that miracle healer has been found even less useful then the other 2 sets.
  • nataliemi971nataliemi971 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /facepalm

I just finished the set and tested in pvp and in a quest area. There is no internal cooldown on the proc, but being single target is disappointing. I was wondering in pvp why I wouldn't see the heal sometimes. I must have healed someone behind me or w/e. I tested in pve with just myself and I healed on every single encounter cast (you have to be damaged of course).

Very disappointing after all the effort it took to get the set.
  • nataliemi971nataliemi971 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sasirya wrote: »
    You dont need any more healing, and with power having the least amount of DR (or any for that matter) I believe a 2P Grand Templar and 2P Beacon might be BIS for the time being. Atleast until they buff our 4P bonuses to be more on par with others classes.

You say you don't need any more healing yet you say to stack power over anything else?
  • sasiryasasirya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I run hybrid in for everything short of a couple end bosses, so having the extra power greatly benefits my damage output. Where ill have AS/Sun Burst/Daunting Light as my encounters, Brand/Sacred Flame as at-wills and using Flame Strike almost exclusively for daily(at the exception of boss fights where I use hollowed Ground). Swapping out Daunting Light for Healing Word and holy fervor for divine fortune on bosses where I need to be more mobile and add control is left to the CW.

With this setup trash is a joke since Cleric damage is ridiculous in AOE packs aswell as having the only real support ability worth a **** down the whole time.

TL;DR: Power is more for the damage then the heals.
    edited May 2013
    sasirya wrote: »
    I run hybrid in for everything short of a couple end bosses, so having the extra power greatly benefits my damage output. Where ill have AS/Sun Burst/Daunting Light as my encounters, Brand/Sacred Flame as at-wills and using Flame Strike almost exclusively for daily(at the exception of boss fights where I use hollowed Ground). Swapping out Daunting Light for Healing Word and holy fervor for divine fortune on bosses where I need to be more mobile and add control is left to the CW.

With this setup trash is a joke since Cleric damage is ridiculous in AOE packs aswell as having the only real support ability worth a **** down the whole time.

TL;DR: Power is more for the damage then the heals.

If you have actually looked at the power stats, you can see that the damage gain per power is ridiculously low. It's so low that anything else will literally give you more dps (Recovery, crit). On top of that you gain more than enough power from any of the tier sets passively.
    edited May 2013
    Im already sitting above and beyond where the DPS gain on recovery and crit surpass that of power by extreme amounts. Especially since my recovery is breaking into the 4500's with rising hope. With crit barely giving me 0.2% for every 150 rating it seems like its run out of steam where power still provides a rather flat value.
  • softwoodsoftwood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you have actually looked at the power stats, you can see that the damage gain per power is ridiculously low. It's so low that anything else will literally give you more dps (Recovery, crit). On top of that you gain more than enough power from any of the tier sets passively.

You are looking at it wrong, it's not 200 to your heals or whatnot, its like adding another 200 to your weapon damage.

so at around 5k power (which i believe gives the +200 to damage/healing) if you have the CN weapon which has 820 top end, it's like changing that to 1020 top end.

It adds WEAPON damage, not damage.
  • griennegrienne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    thank god you let me know before I went crazy trying to get it.
  • nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This needs to get the attention of the DEVs and get fixed asap..
  • vornado71vornado71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 67
    edited May 2013
    I still say MH 4/4 set is by FAR the best set. If you already have 3500+ in recovery/crit then DRs will dictate that another +450 recovery/crit isn't going to gain you much. Power is a little different but the Ancient 2-piece set gives +450 power.

I can honestly say that if my group wipes, it is because I have died first. Otherwise I keep them healed just fine. So I don't care that it doesn't heal ALL party members. But me getting +1400 more heals every time I hit an encounter is HUGE! And as someone has already mentioned we get the full heal (not 60% of it). We don't get massive spike heals but with all off those sources of healing, it is really starting to add up (Astral Shield, Astral Seal, Encounters, Encounter Procs from MH Set, Regeneration, Moon Touched-Hallowed Ground, LifeDrinker Enchant, etc.)
  • zachlaudonzachlaudon Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just get two two piece sets of tier two. It works much better than having the miracle 4 set as of now.
  • cwiyk13cwiyk13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vornado71 wrote: »
    I can honestly say that if my group wipes, it is because I have died first. Otherwise I keep them healed just fine. So I don't care that it doesn't heal ALL party members. But me getting +1400 more heals every time I hit an encounter is HUGE! And as someone has already mentioned we get the full heal (not 60% of it). We don't get massive spike heals but with all off those sources of healing, it is really starting to add up (Astral Shield, Astral Seal, Encounters, Encounter Procs from MH Set, Regeneration, Moon Touched-Hallowed Ground, LifeDrinker Enchant, etc.)

I can't speak from experience (I'm only level 44 atm) but sounds like it makes a lot of sense. I do want the Devs to fix it so that heal applies to everyone that was in range of the encounter power that proc'd the heal, but I'd love to get that a non-Righteousness debuffed self-heal every time I used an encounter power.
    Krae Vull - Devoted Cleric
  • highropeshighropes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 103
    edited May 2013
    I also got 4 pieces of Miracle set, I really hope they fix this as soon as possible. But at least it full heals me pretty often and I can keep myself really safe, which is absolutely the most important thing since agro is broken and my party is almost guaranteed to wipe if I die.
  • kaelix72kaelix72 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FYI if you wear the High Prophets helm with the Miracle Healers chest it doesn't count as 2 pieces only one.
  • banaman3banaman3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kaelix72 wrote: »
    FYI if you wear the High Prophets helm with the Miracle Healers chest it doesn't count as 2 pieces only one.

No, you have to make sure u get the right helm as they both have the same name. If you browse the AH, usually the more expensive one is the one you want.
  • dercavadercava Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Very dissapointing?

I've done some testing aswell and 4/4 miracle does around 8-14% of my total healing in dungeons.
    Plus, it doesn't have an internal CD, so it goes incredibly well with Healing Word, if you use it.
    I'm at a point where 450 increase to any of my stats doesn't make a difference, so this kind of healing is pretty good if you ask me.
    Cyclop.. and I like coffee
  • cody29cody29 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dercava wrote: »
    Very dissapointing?

I've done some testing aswell and 4/4 miracle does around 8-14% of my total healing in dungeons.
    Plus, it doesn't have an internal CD, so it goes incredibly well with Healing Word, if you use it.
    I'm at a point where 450 increase to any of my stats doesn't make a difference, so this kind of healing is pretty good if you ask me.

You've just replied to a necro'd thread from pre-patch, where the set bonus was scheduled to be fixed.
    By your comments, I'm assuming the Devs have done their job right this time...?
  • kurahavikurahavi Member Posts: 87
    edited June 2013
    I don't think the set is still repaired, and yes this is a necro. The thing is, if anyone bothered to do the testing, you can proc miracle healing like 20-30 times per minute by playing correctly. FF = 3 procs per cast if used from divine mode, and you're standing close enough to the FFd target. Every suburst procs the heal twice, if the SB hits targets too. If this set would heal all people around us, it would do more healing than AS, it is really that broken atm. For me, in dungeons I did outheal my SB healing with only procs from miracle set. I haven't respecced my DC, and most likely wont, because for now I think I shall not really bother playing the game until it gets more content if even then.
  • swoomustdienowswoomustdienow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    cody29 wrote: »
    By your comments, I'm assuming the Devs have done their job right this time...?

No, they haven't. It's still busted, although they did say they would look into it.
  • paraphronparaphron Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Out of curiosity, from what info I gathered on this thread this must be the best set
    for PvP "healer" cleric?
  • kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kurahavi wrote: »
    I don't think the set is still repaired, and yes this is a necro. The thing is, if anyone bothered to do the testing, you can proc miracle healing like 20-30 times per minute by playing correctly. FF = 3 procs per cast if used from divine mode, and you're standing close enough to the FFd target. Every suburst procs the heal twice, if the SB hits targets too. If this set would heal all people around us, it would do more healing than AS, it is really that broken atm. For me, in dungeons I did outheal my SB healing with only procs from miracle set. I haven't respecced my DC, and most likely wont, because for now I think I shall not really bother playing the game until it gets more content if even then.

hmm kinda strange since someone else on the forum earlier this week (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?350262-Miracle-Healer-fixed/page3&highlight=miracle+healer) said it had an internal cd of about 10 secs.
  • dercavadercava Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kiralia wrote: »
    hmm kinda strange since someone else on the forum earlier this week (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?350262-Miracle-Healer-fixed/page3&highlight=miracle+healer) said it had an internal cd of about 10 secs.

Tested it today and it doesn't have any cd.. was spamming healing words like a madman and each time I got healed by seeker's beacon.
    Cyclop.. and I like coffee
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey everyone, thanks for this! We're investigating the issue.
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!