test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Your game is already dying FAST, so you ban people?

semunesemune Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
LOGIC!

You're so good at it PWE.
Post edited by semune on

Comments

• steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game hasn't even Launched, yet, but it's "Already Dying"? Good lord some people have over inflated opinions of themselves.

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    semune wrote: »
    LOGIC!

You're so good at it PWE.

Banning the exploiters who are doing their best to kill the game seems logical to me. Maybe you need a Logic Class?
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why did no-one else think of this - after all letting exploiters make tens of millions of AD while everyone else either has to grind or pay real money for it is the perfect basis for long-term success in an MMO.
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really. The game is not dying yet....lol. Now I do have to say the banning thing is a bit strange. Of course it's not really a ban, it's a 3 day suspension from the game. AFAIK anyways. And while I say using exploits is bad MMMkay, still. I wonder if it's more how it all came out that's causing the suspensions.
  • semunesemune Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ogarious wrote: »
    Really. The game is not dying yet....lol. Now I do have to say the banning thing is a bit strange. Of course it's not really a ban, it's a 3 day suspension from the game. AFAIK anyways. And while I say using exploits is bad MMMkay, still. I wonder if it's more how it all came out that's causing the suspensions.

Everyone is farming nothing but Castle Never, most are fully geared from it. What is left?

Nothing, nothing at all.

The game isn't just dying, it's dead, the playerbase is just starting to realize it.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    Glad they're banning exploiters.
  • thedraugthedraug Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they took out the hammer too late
  • ambermajambermaj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Banning the exploiters is more likely to add players than drive them off. Since the majority playing aren't doing that sort of thing, I suspect Neverwinter will be just fine. Tyvm for your concern though!
    Cuz you sebestimated me!
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    Everyone is farming nothing but Castle Never, most are fully geared from it. What is left?

Nothing, nothing at all.

The game isn't just dying, it's dead, the playerbase is just starting to realize it.

Do you even foundry.
    Seriously, if you're looking for a long-term commitment with a gear grind, there are better games to play than this one, and that's no big secret.

If you want to tell some cool stories and subscribe to some great quest writers for new content on a daily basis, there's nowhere else to go.
  • rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Nothing, nothing at all.

Yeah, no game developer dares to ban people for fear of quickly killing their games. Just ask the people over at Blizzard... oh, wait.
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • kaszlakplkaszlakpl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They are banning innocent players too like me... and i got ban without any information and i think its longer than just 3 days... and no i didnt finished a single foundry quest.... didnt do anything i was just doing quest till lvl 60 and at lvl 60 when i bought some eq on auctions i got ban , they just forgot to place sign " game over " after reaching lvl 60. Yeah i cant reach support no respond....
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll say this much - I "beat" the main PvE aspect of the game. I was glued to the game while doing that, but now I find myself only playing an hour or 2 and trying something else. The crafting and dungeons are mildly entertaining, but the poor queuing and loot mechanics (while teamed) need to be looked at. Yes, I could spend an uncertain amount of time trying to form a team of my own, but that still doesn't ensure that someone isn't going to just roll 'need' on everything or go AFK halfway through.

I think the first thing they should do is simply make all regular PvE dungeons repeatable as solo level 60 instances. They should add more survival style queue-able content, and we definitely need a balance pass of various class abilities and powers.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    Do you even foundry.
    Seriously, if you're looking for a long-term commitment with a gear grind, there are better games to play than this one, and that's no big secret.

If you want to tell some cool stories and subscribe to some great quest writers for new content on a daily basis, there's nowhere else to go.

But who would want something like Th...

Oh. Wait. Me! :D

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
    edited May 2013
    If the Foundry had cut scenes and customization models it would possibly be worth staying for. Even then.. meh...

Only old-school MUD players will enjoy the game after they get fully geared from Castle Never. But then again, I loved MUDs... So I guess not all of them.
  • riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    steampunky wrote: »
    The game hasn't even Launched, yet, but it's "Already Dying"? Good lord some people have over inflated opinions of themselves.

-Rachel-

The game has launched. Don't fool yourself.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good. Ban em all!
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Glad to see them banning cheaters and exploiters.
  • ladydwarfladydwarf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Every MMOG I've ever played has at some point had their official forums peppered with arm-flailing posts about the game dying. Curiously, none of them are actually dead, not even the ones I played eight years ago. ;)

Also, I'm quite happy to see action taken against the exploiters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Learn more about this heretical halfling on the Neverwinter Hall of Records or Neverwinter Roleplayers
    edited May 2013
    ladydwarf wrote: »
    Every MMOG I've ever played has at some point had their official forums peppered with arm-flailing posts about the game dying. Curiously, none of them are actually dead, not even the ones I played eight years ago. ;)

Also, I'm quite happy to see action taken against the exploiters.

Name one that isn't dead. Only ones I can think of are TERA and WoW. I'll give you a reason why whatever you say is wrong.
  • rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Name one that isn't dead. Only ones I can think of are TERA and WoW. I'll give you a reason why whatever you say is wrong.

Everquest. EVE Online. Rift. The Old Republic.
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • zaak28zaak28 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Banning lvl 20 chars. They must have done something terrible!
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zaak28 wrote: »
    Banning lvl 20 chars. They must have done something terrible!

Cheating knows no level limit.
  • sirkimjongsirkimjong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013

Seriously.. I've read all of your posts. I see myself as a pretty well-educated guy. I'm social, normal and studied for quite a few years.

You on the other hand.. you seem like a total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, someone who is solely aiming at creating havoc. I honestly hope you create some social leverage for yourself, just to be happy with the person you are.
  • necrodaggernecrodagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they banned exploiters thats a good thing

Also I think it was just a temp suspension not a perma-ban?
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    /reported.

Ban threads are against forum rules.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This game aint dying. Its thriving!
  • drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    steampunky wrote: »
    But who would want something like Th...

Oh. Wait. Me! :D

-Rachel-

I enjoy both making, and playing foundry quests. I have barely touched the "normal" game. If you are skipping dialogues and content within the foundry you are simply doing yourself a disservice and robbing your entertainment from yourself. Is the tool limited? Yes. There are some clever ways around it's limitations.

A lot of the limits didn't come around until the exploiters got a hold of the tool and exploited the **** out of it.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mr-mackey-south-park-786_zpseaa30c40.gif

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • midnightrider55midnightrider55 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As soon as you said the game is dying I knew the rest wasn't worth reading.

Oh look, another emo kiddie crying about getting caught cheating.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So packed shards with hundreds of instances and every news site gushing of Neverwinter is dying??

Interesting.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
This discussion has been closed.