What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

patching slow for?

Comments

• Options
    kaskiankaskian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm saying I have no advantage over patching and client speeds. The Hero of the North benefits can be found here: http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack/hero

Also, to try Patch the full game, check this:
    zafian wrote: »
    It's a patch-as-you go type thing. On the launcher in the options, there is a setting to turn it off and then it will patch everything before letting you play again.
    tFVg5j1.png
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    catr1onacatr1ona Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've not had a problem until today - it's been superfast and patching has only ever taken up to 30secs. This is just something that they'll be working on. It is a beta, after all...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm sorry to hear that catr1ona, I don't think we'll have a 2gb patch for a long long time, so maybe just this once, chalk it up :/
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    snugglerapesnugglerape Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sigh, my launcher just crashed at 17% and nearly 45 minutes of patching.
  • Options
    badteethbadteeth Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, this is pretty rough... peer-to-peer style patching would be a large improvement.
  • Options
    thestatesmanthestatesman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    sharkatsharkat Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and this is the point i give up :D
    castlenever.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sharkat wrote: »
    and this is the point i give up :D
    castlenever.jpg

****. Thought I was getting it bad.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kaskian wrote: »
    I'm sorry to hear that catr1ona, I don't think we'll have a 2gb patch for a long long time, so maybe just this once, chalk it up :/

No worries Kaskian, as I said, it's a beta and it runs so smoothly most of the time you tend to forget that...when I remember the beta's and even alpha's of certain other MMOs this one certainly comes up shiny :D I just wish I'd set my profession tasks for the night before starting the patch *facepalm*
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah its pretty rough... I'd guess i've been zone patching for 15-20min, and its still not even half-way...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I know what you mean ;)

Also, you can do that via Gateway!
    https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/

Have fun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    catr1ona wrote: »
    No worries Kaskian, as I said, it's a beta and it runs so smoothly most of the time you tend to forget that...when I remember the beta's and even alpha's of certain other MMOs this one certainly comes up shiny :D I just wish I'd set my profession tasks for the night before starting the patch *facepalm*

do your professions in gateway on web browser...
  • Options
    thedgethedge Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, I am having a horrible time patching as well. Some ting definitely wrong here. I have never had this before.

Any official word on this? Are they working on it?

Thanks
  • Options
    snugglerapesnugglerape Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For anyone else going through the Perfect World support site, I've tried both proxies with no improvement. I've done a dns flush, and I've forwarded the ports they recommended. Nothing has helped.

I'm going to leave it running for a few hours and play some Metro Last Light. Good luck to the rest of you.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I tried to close client, was just going to bail on the questing and just pvp... but it puts you back into the zone that is patching when you relog, i figured since it didn't finish I'd be back at the town.
  • Options
    baldahiirbaldahiir Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This patching thing, seems to be everywhere now, I am helping another friend to level now, and everytime we get to a new place, he have big problems to come in due to patching time.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    For some reason I have a 1.5GB patch despite always having on-demand patching turned on. What's the deal here? There hasn't been any maintenance and I've always patched my game.
  • Options
    therealemilymoontherealemilymoon Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes patching sucks, its taking forever, there are tons of other people patching too... Just disable the on-demand patching, get it going, and go for a friggin walk! Read a book or .... whatever. But don't rage for hours on the designers of a FREE game still in BETA and pretend that you know what the problem is.
  • Options
    piddunwpiddunw Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Make your choice, patch in loading or patch now.

LOL...

Made a party
    Joined a dungeon
    Patch, it took like 12 minutes for 10 files, with speeds from 5kb to 160 ( i have a 10mbit )
    Entered in the dungeon, i was in an other party since everybody got bored of waitin.

Ok i remade a party
    Re-Joined THE SAME DUNGEON
    PATCH AGAIN , again 12 minutes for 10 files.
    This time dungeon didn't even loaded.

I think this patching system has SERIOUS things waiting to be fixed .
  • Options
    skairrjskairrj Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now this is pretty silly, is there a site with the 2gig patch that can actually upload patches other than the official game servers? And no, its not my connection 70/10 is more than enough, so please keep telling me to turn on "Demand patch" because we really need the bump.

Reinstalled game because i wanted the game on my SSD and not my remote HDD; and this happens. I cannot play now and patch is going from 0 kbs to 100 for couple of seconds... should never have reinstalled without having a look at the forums -_-'
  • Options
    nubsorsnubsors Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They really need to fix this.
    Here is my Quest. I plan to make it a story arch.
    NW-DBW5IYNH3
  • Options
    auferoaufero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On the plus side, sitting at the loading screen for the last thirty minutes has given me time to memorize all the loading screen tips.
  • Options
    onictusonictus Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Heh I've been patching for about 3 hours now.
  • Options
    enyceckk101enyceckk101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank god i'm not the only one with this problem.. stuck at the loading screen like 4ever with "server not responding". Worst design ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    skairrjskairrj Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But hey, they are in beta right?

Silly excuse for not having enough money.
  • Options
    spellwardenspellwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 357 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    yea, I got to 40%, then the patching started over. With a lesser size, true. But the patching is going even slower now.
  • Options
    vinariud85vinariud85 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WTF happended.. everything worked well and patched normally when the open beta started and now it is impossible to play because of the patching <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!
    i hope there is a fix soon!
  • Options
    nimorielnimoriel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My first experience with Neverwinter and I get to download 400mb+ at 10kb/s? Nice way to introduce yourself Perfect World. Solid way to wheel in potential paying customers, err not. :P

Nonetheless, I ticked the "disable on-demand patching" and had to restart the client. Now it isn't downloading but actually patching 2.5GB. I wonder what will be next. *fingers crossed*
  • Options
    onictusonictus Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skairrj wrote: »
    But hey, they are in beta right?

Silly excuse for not having enough money.

The fact that I haven't manged to play over a weekend without some server releated <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> making it impossible to play is keeping me from spending money on this game at all.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I know what you mean ;)

Also, you can do that via Gateway!
    https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/

Have fun

How did I not know about this?! I could do my professions while at work...thank you! (and thank you to badteeth too!)

53% to finishing the uber patch - *mops brow* this had better be worth it!