test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

patching slow for?

mislimisli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
download pach is very very slow for?
Post edited by misli on

Comments

• Options
    create26create26 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    misli wrote: »
    download pach is very very slow for?
    Me i patch with
    h5kjPyT.jpg
    and this is since they did that maintenance for the network issue
  • Options
    laviumlavium Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    This is some truly terrible game design. Why can't we download the #!<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>#!% game via torrent or something?

Step 1: Queue for XXXX
    Step 2: Download patch at 0.0001 bytes/sec despite having a great internet connection
    Step 3: Get disconnected for being afk
  • Options
    kaskiankaskian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Goto launcher, press options and disable on-demand patching.
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ontonanontonan Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lavium wrote: »
    This is some truly terrible game design. Why can't we download the #!<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>#!% game via torrent or something?

Step 1: Queue for XXXX
    Step 2: Download patch at 0.0001 bytes/sec despite having a great internet connection
    Step 3: Get disconnected for being afk

Yep its pretty stupid. I would not care so much if i was getting normal download speeds, but this is downright 1985 speeds here.
  • Options
    ontonanontonan Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Then you get to download a 2gb patch, have fun at slow speeds, see you in a few days.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ontonan wrote: »
    Then you get to download a 2gb patch, have fun at slow speeds, see you in a few days.

Make your choice, patch in loading or patch now.
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pilotmikepilotmike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't even get the loader to come up :(.
  • Options
    baldahiirbaldahiir Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sitting now in a patching wait with a friend to get in to a dungen, we are pasing 900seconds now, and I gess the other who we are supposed to join is gone before we get in. This problem just get bigger and bigger.

I have a feeling the patching system that are in the game now, are currently eating up my time. :-( Easy 1 hour a day goes to patching.

This smels, bad hardware or networkl at the server location, and a bad que system.
  • Options
    baldahiirbaldahiir Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmmm. patching is done, and still waiting, over 1500seconds now, that is like 25 minutes. That is 25 minutes of my gaming night right down the toilet. :-( Hope this problem is fixed ASAP!

So I gess, have to abort this, and forget this dungeon. :-(
  • Options
    diablofingersdiablofingers Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    200meg cable. Been patching 2gig patch now for 7hours. getting on nerves.
  • Options
    squareysquarey Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    baldahiir wrote: »
    Hmmm. patching is done, and still waiting, over 1500seconds now, that is like 25 minutes. That is 25 minutes of my gaming night right down the toilet. :-( Hope this problem is fixed ASAP!

No offense but judging by your English and use of 'seconds', I'll assume you're not located anywhere near servers of theirs. You could ping and/or do a traceroute to their server and check out the results, but that would just show its on your end. I just did the extra ~2gb patch just now at around 2.5 MB/s from the US.
  • Options
    spookontheloosespookontheloose Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    baldahiir wrote: »

Just got booted from a group after 15 minutes of loading. Thanks Cryptic.
  • Options
    sharkatsharkat Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Slow you say...?
    castlenever.jpg

and counting...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Goto launcher, press options and disable on-demand patching.

No patching during loading then. Download a 2GB file
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sharkat wrote: »
    Slow you say...?
    castlenever.jpg

and counting...

Can this be addressed? Like - now?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Can this be addressed? Like - now?

Get a better connection and/or move closer to their servers. I recommend moving closer for the best results though. Happy?
  • Options
    snugglerapesnugglerape Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Disabling on demand patching just shifts the problem from 5-6 files not downloading at a reasonable speed to 2gbs worth of files not downloading at a reasonable speed. I'm on the west coast of the US with a 75mb/s connection, and its taken me 15 minutes to download 126 MB.

When the beta started, we were getting great download speeds. What happened?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    squarey wrote: »
    Get a better connection and/or move closer to their servers. I recommend moving closer for the best results though. Happy?

Sounds good. Would take advise again.
  • Options
    sharkatsharkat Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh yes. Thanks a lot. I will be moving in the server room now. Good advice.
    OT: Passed 3300 sec now -_-
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Seriously? Move closer? That is your suggestion? You know that latency and throughput are entirely different problems right?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Seriously? Move closer? That is your suggestion? You know that latency and throughput are entirely different problems right?

So explain to me how distance has no relation to those.

I'll wait.

Patient-bear.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So now, I've downloaded all the patches required to enter this instance. 2k seconds and counting... What exactly is the hold up? Do I need to buy a spider in order to proceed?
  • Options
    devixolapickagoldevixolapickagol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having the same problem , cant enter instance , patching one file takes over 20 minutes so far and still didnt finish :/
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    snip

Sorry, I'm not going to bait the troll.

To everyone else, ignore him. This is clearly a problem with the perfect world servers. We can either wait for an official response or hope someone has a work around.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I have never had slow patches from the launcher.

Try the launcher option or put up with slow loading times during transitions, that's really it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kaskian wrote: »

Try the launcher option or put up with slow loading times during transitions, that's really it.

Clearly, the "heroes of the north" have some sort of unfair advantage. Where do I send my money to for that? Is the toilet an alternate route?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Heroes of the North have no advantage over patching speed. I'm playing the same game you are using the same client.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    silvrbluesilvrblue Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Strange thing, just downloaded the client, installed. And first thing that happens, is a 3gb patch? Why couldnt i just download the newest version? :/

Uhh, and after trying the "Disable on-demand patching" i had to restart the client. Now its 5gb to download....
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Before yesterday I would have agreed with you, but something has changed. I'm currently at 278MB over the last half hour, with another 1.5GB to go.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Heroes of the North have no advantage over patching speed. I'm playing the same game you are using the same client.

By your own admission the title is the only thing separating us. I've spent some money on this game, clearly it sounds like I need to spend more. That's the fix right?