test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

27 Mounts and...

jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The game currently has 27 total mounts (according to the Mounts wiki page) and we do not have a place to store them all. I refuse to use inventory or bank space for my mounts (I am using the bank but I'd rather not). I refuse to buy any more mounts till we have a space for them.

What I ask is that we get a Mount tab placed under the Idle Companions tab in the Inventory UI space. Lets us have 16 spots for free then introduce Idle Mounts Slots x5 for 200Zen.

After the Mount tab is in place, add a new button that would allow a random Mount to be summoned.

While I'm here I'd like a Runestone 5x10 and Enchantment tab 4x10 (1 spot per rune/chant per rank) too.

I'm not asking for much -.-
Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
Post edited by jetah on

Comments

• Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yep, thats obviously one of the big issues the game has...where to store your mount...
  • Options
    rycegamingrycegaming Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    Why do you want more than 1 mount?
  • Options
    necrodaggernecrodagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First world mmo problems haha
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rycegaming wrote: »

There's an achievement for having a certain amount. That's all I can think of.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Heh, I don't care about storing mounts either myself. I don't plan to have more than 2 per character (one for looks and another for speed).

What I and some others do want is a separate storage for enchantments/runes. However both this and mount storage would require them to code/create a new inventory tab. And if they end up doing one... I don't see why they wouldn't copy what they did for the other.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    evilkinglarryevilkinglarry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Some people just like collecting things. Also, one gets bored of seeing the same flaming horse rump day after day. Sometimes you just have to change things up. I collected a lot of mounts in Wow...

Can't see how it can hurt to have a mount page. though if they do add that I'd hope they would add in an enchatment/runestone page...
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some people just like collecting things. Also, one gets bored of seeing the same flaming horse rump day after day. Sometimes you just have to change things up. I collected a lot of mounts in Wow...

...mounts that weren't mostly-cash-shop. Although I'm sure they'd be ecstatic if "collecting mounts" was a big thing in this community, I really doubt it will be until there are a number of mounts you can obtain in-game.
    (and if they did your approach, I'd bet on something more like 3-5 starter slots then have to buy more. Because, again, no one except a crazy rich dude is going to have 16 mounts, let alone more.)
    though if they do add that I'd hope they would add in an enchatment/runestone page...

Yeah, that's not happening. Mainly because....well, they want to sell people some extra bags. If rune/enchantment drops went somewhere else? I wouldn't need any more than the quested bags. (now, maybe there's even more loot at lv60, but... here in the high 40's, the only thing really making my space disappear fast is the runes/etc.)
  • Options
    jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They could charge us for the enchant/rune tabs. I see no difference then charging for bags.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • Options
    revenantbobrevenantbob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First world mmo problems haha

I laughed so hard at this, lol.
    houserin_signature.png
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Actually, I think this is a good idea. Handling mounts like the companions would work, and the space issue is a valid concern. I only have three mounts (the two founder ones and a Twilight nighmare for three of my characters -- yes, I know, but I wanted them and AH prices were cheap, certainly cheaper than the bars), but if they add something that appeals, I'd bump into the same problem eventually (and you shouldn't have to buy bank space or bags just to store the mounts you already paid for).
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013

who wants to bet getting said achievement is impossible without zen.
  • Options
    krayzeeonekrayzeeone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 67
    edited May 2013

Are you the Envy people claimed was doing the exploit? HTF are you still posting if so?
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would think a mount tab (then you can choose which mount) and possibly expand to "non-combat pets" too :) that would be awesome. just right click and choose which mount/pet you want it to be active :)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    who wants to bet getting said achievement is impossible without zen.

I don't know what achievement it is, but you can get anything from the Zen store with AD (by converting them), which you get in the game. My alts seem to get plenty by doing dailies and Leadership missions. Pretty sure a normal player will have 4000 Zen through AD before they get some of the WoW hardmode or mount achievements (I think there are some for the cash store mounts too).
  • Options
    deurkier1deurkier1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 70
    edited May 2013
    hey can i buy a heavy howler for 3 cats?
  • Options
    mathakarmathakar Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    jetah wrote: »
    The game currently has 27 total mounts (according to the Mounts wiki page) and we do not have a place to store them all. I refuse to use inventory or bank space for my mounts (I am using the bank but I'd rather not). I refuse to buy any more mounts till we have a space for them.

What I ask is that we get a Mount tab placed under the Idle Companions tab in the Inventory UI space. Lets us have 16 spots for free then introduce Idle Mounts Slots x5 for 200Zen.

After the Mount tab is in place, add a new button that would allow a random Mount to be summoned.

While I'm here I'd like a Runestone 5x10 and Enchantment tab 4x10 (1 spot per rune/chant per rank) too.

I'm not asking for much -.-

Or they could give us realistic Bank space and lower the ridiculous price for a new tab.

Just a thought...
  • Options
    d4rkmage99d4rkmage99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At 300 AD per Zen (which I think is a lowball estimate), 4000 Zen is 1.2 Million AD. I've been leveling Leadership with my main character and doing a few dailies here and there and I'm at like 50,000 AD total. Granted, you can make 24K per day, but that would take massive amounts of griding or working of the AH. Even if you DID max out at 24K per day, it would take 50 days to get the 1.2 million AD to convert to Zen. And, after all of that, you could buy *1* mount.

Yes, you can do it for "free", but I definitely won't. I bought the Guardian pack so I have a fast horse on all my characters, and I doubt I'll ever get another mount. Might by the Rock Golem companion someday for my main, and some extra character slots, but that's about it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    d4rkmage99 wrote: »
    Even if you DID max out at 24K per day, it would take 50 days to get the 1.2 million AD to convert to Zen. And, after all of that, you could buy *1* mount.

It would be an account-wide mount that all your characters, present and future, get. The 24k cap is only for refining AD, not for obtaining them. You can make much, much more by utilizing the AH, and you get tips for foundry quests. I always tip the ones I play, often repeatedly.

The cap is also for one character only. Just doing skirmishes, PvP dailies, foundry dailies and dungeon dailies in the sub-30 range is super fast (as you only need one of each) and yields a good amount of AD. That aside, I don't find 50 days of playing to get a $40 mount for free overly taxing. I spent a LOT more time on TRYING to get specific mounts in WoW. Never got some of them, either.

In a way, and I guess that sounds weird, I almost (but not quite!) wish I was in a situation where I had goals like this. Something to "work" toward to, something to aim for that each day you get a closer to. For me, this would probably enrich the game experience, not burden it. Just buying something is easy and fast, and I do that, but it does not necessarily add to the lasting appeal (the wanting it is often more delicious than the having it).
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    I don't know what achievement it is, but you can get anything from the Zen store with AD (by converting them), which you get in the game. My alts seem to get plenty by doing dailies and Leadership missions. Pretty sure a normal player will have 4000 Zen through AD before they get some of the WoW hardmode or mount achievements (I think there are some for the cash store mounts too).

Wow... That's the most uninformed thing I have ever seen...

Let's say 1 zen is worth 370 AD. Which is a bit lower than what was the current exchange rate before it all went down. And let's say I want to get a 4000 Zen mount.

How much AD is that?

370 * 4000 Zen = 1,480,000 AD

You can get a maximum of 24,000 AD per day through other means than the AH and without spending cash.

How many days is that?

1,480,000 / 24,000 = 61.7 Days or 62 days.

So 2 months for 1 mount.

What about the 3000 AD mounts? 370 * 3000 / 24,000 = 46,25 days or 47 Days.

What about a 2000 AD mount? 370 * 2000 / 24,000 = 30,83 days or 31 days.

I can't remember how many mounts there is for each kind but let's say you want 2 Mounts of each.

That'd be 62*2 + 47*2 + 31*2 = 280 days. Roughly. For 6 mounts. With only two of them upgraded to epic. Without using the AH, only through Leadership, Dailies and prayers. And also assuming that you can even get the 24k AD a day. Most people would not get that because it is difficult, requires a lot of time and means you'd be farming leadership like crazy.

And that's also assuming the player doesn't respec Feats (100k AD at 60?) or buy things like Bags and such. Also don't swap Enchants around. Oh and not upgrading your companions. And we are not counting all the mounts there and the fact that some will surely be added. And the Cats. Everybody love cats.

Now, I'm all for having achievements and stuff and I WILL play the AH because you'd be crazy not to do so but... We are looking here, at over a year of work for... 6 mounts. Which, once again, only two of them are epic and none of the others were upgraded.

But then again, it seems like the value of zen usually gradually goes down over time to sit around 150 AD for 1 zen (in STO). Which essentially cut the farming by more than half so it might not be so bad on the long run. I do wish that they would at least make the 24 AD cap easier to get and maybe increase it slightly but oh well.

Edit : Also **** Muling >.> You should not have to Mule and level alts just to farm Currency to get what you want in a game but heh...
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Keep in mind you can reduce time by making a level 10 character and earn more AD.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mathakar wrote: »
    Wow... That's the most uninformed thing I have ever seen...

Please read my post right before yours.

Your numbers assume the worst case scenario: one character, zero AH use, no foundry, no profession use. Then next you talk about 6 Zen mounts. Sorry for putting this so bluntly, but this is cheap rhetoric. Anyone playing this game to a degree where they care about getting a Zen mount for free will have enough ambition to utilize at least both character slots, the AH (selling wards, for instance, selling crafting materials, drops, etc.), the professions, and possibly the foundry.

I have zero ambition or need to actually make AD, and I make significantly more than 24k a day. Someone actually wanting to make AD will easily pull in 100k and more a day, if they have a level 60 character, let alone two.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Please read my post right before yours.

Your numbers assume the worst case scenario: one character, zero AH use, no foundry, no profession use. Then next you talk about 6 Zen mounts. Sorry for putting this so bluntly, but this is cheap rhetoric. Anyone playing this game to a degree where they care about getting a Zen mount for free will have enough ambition to utilize at least both character slots, the AH (selling wards, for instance, selling crafting materials, drops, etc.), the professions, and possibly the foundry.

I have zero ambition or need to actually make AD, and I make significantly more than 24k a day. Someone actually wanting to make AD will easily pull in 100k and more a day, if they have a level 60 character, let alone two.

How is it "Ambitious" to get 6 of the 12 available mounts that can be bought directly through AD? Not also counting the 4 other mounts that are bought or obtained through Lockboxes (and thus Keys). And also knowing that they WILL add more of them in the future. 6 Of them with 4 being actually the cheaper mounts is, by no means, ambitious. Calling it ambitious IS cheap rhetoric.

And also, if you had taken the time to read what I wrote, you would have seen that I actually took into account Profession (leadership) and prayers as well as dailies. All of which is highly time consuming and requires a lot of care even outside the game. And even if it was easy and did not require a lot of time to get to 24k AD a day, the fact that you can only get 24k rough AD a day means that any AD beyond that is simply useless and pointless. Be it 25k or 100k.

And so you have 3 choices to make good AD :

Auction house.
    Leveling an Alt do more dailies, leadership and prayers.
    Buying it with cash through zen.

The first solution is a must, I agree. But then again, it is also time consuming and it doesn't mean you'll get to make tons of money right off the bat. Nor does it mean that you'll get the juicy epics to sell all the time. But sure, if you are lucky, you might very well get to sell a piece of epic for 1.5 million. But, once again, if you consider that get 6 mounts is not that ambitious (which it is not) and also consider that most people are not the avid AH players and don't really like to sit through pages and pages of numbers, why should there not be another viable way to make AD other than the AH?

Which leads to the second solution which, in all honesty, is completely absurd and rely on the idea that although you cannot mail gold and AD from one character to the other, you can use the zen exchange to do so. But did anybody consider that it is very possible that this was not intended? If it doesn't get fixed, then sure, it is another viable way to make AD although, also time consuming and requiring a lot of care outside the game. And that's if you don't also want to do the dailies on this character as well as your main and your 6 other AD farming mules. And there is also the possibility that they fix the Zen Exchange and make it so you cannot buy your own AD offers from another character anymore. Then you would have to farm the things you need individually. Which would essentially kind of kill the appeal of that system.

And the third... is just dropping real money in the game. Meh.

Sure, you might not agree with me on those points. And I might be wrong anyways. But I still do not think that any of the points I made were being unrealistic and I also do not believe that it should be required from a players to play the AH and level up alts to get mounts on his main.

Note : Also, it is kind of funny how getting a 40$ mount is essentially cheaper than upgrading your 5g mount to be an epic one. 1.400k AD to buy a 40$ mount or 2.800k AD to upgrade a rank 1 to 3.
  • Options
    alpha1protocolalpha1protocol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    why the hell would I pay $$ for a mount.. and then buy bag space for it.. If they want me to buy mounts they can at least supply unlimited space for them.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The thing is that Neverwinter is a F2P game, and it has to make money somehow. Convenience is usually that which costs extra and I think mounts fall into that category (I am in favor of normalizing mount speed in PvP, by the way). As someone who does not normally play F2P games I am not too familiar with what is and is not typical, but it struck me as noteworthy that a player can get cash store items by playing the game. A month or two for a forty dollars mount seems a decent deal to me, but then again, I'm the guy who spent five years trying to get a specific mount in WoW (never got it), so maybe my views are not realistic.

Before the AH issue, the nightmare mounts cost about 850k on Dragon, so this is probably the cheapest T3 mount at the moment. I thought the achievement in question required either any T3 mount or a specific Zen mount. Not multiple mounts. I did and do feel that you can get one realistically by earning the AD needed to get the Zen, but this may depend on one's individual definition of what is reasonable amd what is not.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The thing is that Neverwinter is a F2P game, and it has to make money somehow. Convenience is usually that which costs extra and I think mounts fall into that category (I am in favor of normalizing mount speed in PvP, by the way). As someone who does not normally play F2P games I am not too familiar with what is and is not typical, but it struck me as noteworthy that a player can get cash store items by playing the game. A month or two for a forty dollars mount seems a decent deal to me, but then again, I'm the guy who spent five years trying to get a specific mount in WoW (never got it), so maybe my views are not realistic.

Before the AH issue, the nightmare mounts cost about 850k on Dragon, so this is probably the cheapest T3 mount at the moment. I thought the achievement in question required either any T3 mount or a specific Zen mount. Not multiple mounts. I did and do feel that you can get one realistically by earning the AD needed to get the Zen, but this may depend on one's individual definition of what is reasonable amd what is not.

Well, I can't completely disagree with you. Yes, this game needs to make money somehow and I am fine with that, personally, especially when it comes down to aesthetic and "cool factor" but I must say having the zen market mounts cheaper than buying a 5g mount and upgrading it... That's just plain ****ed up in my opinion. Having no choice for bag space other than the zen market? Now that's just disgusting even if you can get them for free, after a while.

And I personally wasn't really talking about any sort of goal in particular or achievement. Merely just getting these 6 mounts, let's say, that are really cool looking, so I don't know about what you need for said achievement either way.

I guess I simply think that it should be more affordable to, at the very least, upgrade your mounts to Rank 3 and not to just farm a bunch of AD and get an Epic mount from the AH or Zen market instead because it's somewhat cheaper.

I'll also admit that getting 1-2 Million ADs through the AH and such at level 60, is not that bad if you get some lucky drop and sell enchants. But it should be considered that a lot of people just don't want to bother with such markets or simply don't really know how it works.

So, I don't know. I think some prices should be lowered or there should be more dailies and a higher AD Cap. And to make sure inflation doesn't get out of hand, some cost should be switched from AD to gold but that's just me. Sorry if I sounded like a jerk. I do feel like I did sound like a jerk. :P
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You didn't sound like a jerk. :). I would not have responded seriously if I had felt you were, especially not while typing on this awful iPad virtual keyboard where I typo every third word!

I agree with you on the silly upgrade costs. This actually affects Zen mounts, too. I would like that armor-less worg mount, but it is T2 and I won't pay thirty bucks and then 2M on top of that, particularly since the upgrade would only be for one specific mount for one specific character. I also agree that the dailies may need some tweaks. Having to do four of X to get any reward at all on that day and for that task is a little demanding.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You didn't sound like a jerk. :). I would not have responded seriously if I had felt you were, especially not while typing on this awful iPad virtual keyboard where I typo every third word!

I agree with you on the silly upgrade costs. This actually affects Zen mounts, too. I would like that armor-less worg mount, but it is T2 and I won't pay thirty bucks and then 2M on top of that, particularly since the upgrade would only be for one specific mount for one specific character. I also agree that the dailies may need some tweaks. Having to do four of X to get any reward at all on that day and for that task is a little demanding.

...And after they agreed that they were gentlemen, they were happy ever after...

The End.

;)

But I think that's really what most people are asking for. Decent book prices and better AD farming. As the game is right now, I can't even imagine how stupidly overpriced the Companion Upgrade Books are going to be. And there will be 3 of them i believe, not 2... Ugh... I expect like 3 Millions AD total if not more.

And that's what really sad about this game. The story is good, the gameplay is good, the overall experience is good. Then AD happens. It's so sad.

I don't think I'm the only one who plays the game and is enjoying it and then think about AD and what you have to do to get a good mount and a good companion and more bag and bank space... It just makes me want to drop the game and move on.

Doesn't seem worth it for One T3 mount plus One decent companion (Assuming a cat here tho I think a stone might end up cheaper if you settle for a 2000 zen one) plus One bag and one upgrade to your bank space. If the cheapest T3 mount, as you said, is 850k AD or something, cat is worth 980k AD, one bank upgrade is 220k and a bag is 370k for 24 slots (Which is the cheapest per slot I believe. Also that's at 370 AD for 1 zen) It can climb up really fast.

Sure it might not actually be that much and I'll be happy once I get them all and it might just be the greedy casual I-don't-want-to-work-for-it in me talking but it does seem like a lot and it does make me kinda moody.
  • Options
    suddled420suddled420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why the hell would I pay $$ for a mount.. and then buy bag space for it.. If they want me to buy mounts they can at least supply unlimited space for them.

Because the game is free to play?
  • Options
    alpha1protocolalpha1protocol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    suddled420 wrote: »
    Because the game is free to play?

I have already paid for HOTN. If I then bought a mount on top of the Zen I have paid for... the game is nowhere near your free to play assertion.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Desguised PWE staff wrintes in this thread , they are laughing at you right now .