test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Control wizard master Bug reports - Please Sticky

koraneskoranes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Library
I will kick this off with a Ice Wizard bug

This is not a thread to flame in Please only post game diminishing or breaking bugs/Glitches of the Control wizard class here

Effect: Chill - Control immune targets IE bosses / mini bosses do not build Chill stacks for damage buff. I know they are slow immune; however, the chill not stacking gimps us Ice Wizards. Please address this and allow Chill to stack even on CC immune target but with its slow/freeze effect ineffective. Currently the only work around is a complex Magic missle cycle-in rotation with the power arcane presence in order to have a damage buff on these targets.

additional bugs ( repoted by other players )

Feat: Reaper's Touch - Passive is procing at 15ft, not 20.

Feature: Elemental Empowerment
Does not proc from: Icy Ray, Icy Terrain, Spell Mastery: Chill Strike, Shard of Endless Avalanche
Procs from: Chilling Cloud on 3rd Auto Attack (At-will)

Icy Terrain can not crit.
2)It seems as though Icy Terrain does not properly trigger Eye of the Storm. You get the floater, but you do NOT autocrit on any attacks.

Sudden Storm encouter power does less damage than written in the description, about 80% i would say? also if crits, it crits for less than 100 dmg, plus does next to no dmg at all if it hits a controlled target(entangled, singularity.... ect)
2) doesn't deal damage to units who are being sucked by Arcane singularity. Only when they land after the daily deals the big damage.
3)cannot critically strike

Shard of the Endless Avalanche - Does not reduce the cooldown by 5 seconds per rank as stated (remains base 20 seconds regardless of rank).
2) avalanche seems to bug out if you cast it then continue to cast another spell. The boulder does not appear but the re-cast timer starts.
3)f you use Shard of the Endless Avalanche with mobs stacked on top of you, when pushing it, it will deal damage but will not explode, even if more than 2 are hit.

Spell Mastery- Ray of Enfeeblement - Charges do not use the modified cooldown of Ray of Enfeeblement.

The Gladiator Mage 4 Piece PVP set bonus - says it reduces the cooldown of the ability in spell mastery slot by 25%, currently doesn't reduce the cooldown at all. Been trying every encounter ability in both normal encounter slot and tab slot and every ability has the same cooldown regardless of the spot.

Conduit of Ice, Icy Terrain, Sudden Storm and Arcane Singularity don't receive an increase in damage from Evocation or AoE damage feats Wizard's Wrath and Focused Wizardry. It seems they're not recognized as AoE effects.

Chaos Magic: Chaotic Growth - doesn't heal for Max Hit Points as the tooltip states but rather it seems to heal for the current Hit Points.

Severe Reaction currently not proc'ing for some players.

Ray of empowerment- spell mastery [tabbed] : the effectiveness is doubled, without casting it twice on the same target. The two rays do no stack, however.

magic Missiles -On third hit of magic missiles, only the first of the three projectiles benefits from armor penetration.

Link to additional bugshttp://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?211571-My-compilation-of-CW-bugs **Short list but too wordy for me to paraphrase so I will leave the link here**

Possible errors ( reported by others )

Is there a known bug with Recovery lowering the encounter timers? I checked with a Recovery bonus of +0.6% and of +1.5% and the cooldown of both Chill Strike(Tabbed), Sudden Storm and more hasn't changed at all. Can anyone else confirm this?

Steal time A bug I noticed while leveling was when id teleport into a group of enemies and use steal time instantly the animation would start and it would go on cool down but nothing would happen, cost me a lot of potions until i made sure to wait a bit before using it. Maybe its not a bug and I was just doing it too fast but it only happens with steal time.

when the initial cast of Conduit procs Storm Spell, all ticks proc it as well.

charisma
Currently not providing critical bonus for some players.
Post edited by koranes on

Comments

• pyke1pyke1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    Feat-Reaper's Touch: Passive is procing at 15 ft, not 20.
  • darothmendarothmen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP are you going to compile all this information in the first post? If not then let some one else do it or just use the old thread.
  • koraneskoranes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    darothmen wrote: »
    OP are you going to compile all this information in the first post? If not then let some one else do it or just use the old thread.
    i will compile as i catch them
  • darothmendarothmen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Feature: Elemental Empowerment
    Does not proc from: Icy Ray, Icy Terrain, Spell Mastery: Chill Strike, Shard of Endless Avalanche
    Procs from: Chilling Cloud on 3rd Auto Attack (At-will)

Icy Terrain can not crit.

Not sure if it's a bug but when chill reaches 6 stacks, it does not freeze. Only after they receive another stack of chill at 6 will they freeze. Also Chill gets removed when the target is frozen.
    edited May 2013
    darothmen wrote: »
    Not sure if it's a bug but when chill reaches 6 stacks, it does not freeze. Only after they receive another stack of chill at 6 will they freeze. Also Chill gets removed when the target is frozen.
    this is working as it should
  • bluereverendbluereverend Member Posts: 79
    edited May 2013
    Sudden Storm encouter power does less damage than written in the description, about 80% i would say? also if crits, it crits for less than 100 dmg, plus does next to no dmg at all if it hits a controlled target(entangled, singularity.... ect)
  • shgthshgth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    - Shagath, VoTF
    Previous guilds: Double Deviants, Orum, Sandwitches, Dragon Order of Arcanix and many many more.
    Hope I find some old friends!
  • malycmalyc Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about these:
    1) Shard of the Endless Avalanche - Does not reduce the cooldown by 5 seconds per rank as stated (remains base 20 seconds regardless of rank).
    2) Spell Mastery- Ray of Enfeeblement - Charges do not use the modified cooldown of Ray of Enfeeblement.
    3) I'm not sure if it's luck or a bug, but when the initial cast of Conduit proc Storm Spell, all ticks proc it as well.
  • epicerlolepicerlol Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Funny, Sudden Storm rarely seems to proc critical hits for me, starkly noticeable when it's the only yellow number I see during Eye of the Storm procs. I also notice it seems to do less damage than usual on occasion as stated, although not limited to controlled targets, nor does it always do reduced damage against controlled targets. In fact, circumstantially it appears to do more damage than it should, evidenced while I was still levelling a CW through PvP. It would be the only skill unmitigated by PvP damage reduction and player damage reduction - resulting in 5k non criticals in 30-39 arena while Chill Strike was struggling to break 4 digits on criticals. Clearly, this skill functions on a separate level to direct targeted spells, perhaps it creates a dummy character that clones your stats to cast the spell due to the anchored linear ground targeted nature of the spell.

I never noticed the Reaper's Touch range being "bugged", I assumed the range was what I had become used to - 1 teleport distance away. I suppose larger boss hitboxes offset immediate palpability.

I would also like to report Steal Time whiffing on occasion, even while I'm not getting hit, attempting to move, or dodging. Steal Time is also strange in that each "fragment of time" (the grey essence) that you suck from a target, which can stack up to 5 or so each target, are theoretical instances of arcane "damage". The result is skill proc chances calculated multiple times racking up things like Arcane Mastery, Nightmare Wizardry and Storm Spell procs more than it should. I can't be sure whether this is intended or not, but it's listed nowhere in the skill description. Of course this is hardly game-breaking, and I would prefer other bugs with this class being fixed than a small circumstantial increase in damage.

The "Chill" portion of Masterful Arcane Theft simply does not work. There is zero damage increase on chilled targets when using either Ray of Enfeeblement or Steal Time. The arcane portion may work, but I have yet to do precise number tests, as the slight increase in damage may be innately from the Arcane Stacks themselves (15%) rather than the feat (additional 25%).

I also want to mention Shard of the Endless Avalanche, but I feel I may be beating a dead horse here. This skill may work roughly 60% of the time. When slotted into Spell Mastery. Maybe 25% of the time when not. It appears to be a very gimmicky skill that was thrown in at the last moment without proper play testing. Sometimes the skill will go on the cooldown and the "boulder" is nowhere to be seen. Sometimes it falls through the ground. Sometimes it explodes upon landing on an enemy. Sometimes it lands on an enemy and deals no damage, and it just sits there looking terribly ugly on my low graphics settings, while I'm unable to "punt" it because the skill just went on cooldown. Sometimes it actually works and I'm able to punt it around and it feels like a fun skill that had a lot of potential. I was tempted to add 3 points into this for the 5 second cooldown and decent potential for damage, but after experiencing it thus far, I decided against it.

I understand this game is in "beta", and I'm enjoying it, but the lack of polish mechanically and functionally is more reminiscent of my experiences playing poorly coded private World of Warcraft servers, where some skills/talents are simply non-functional, and others half-functional. I feel like I have to actively build my way around them rather than have the freedom to try everything that should be open to me. I know this isn't limited to the CW class, notably feats in the DC and TR trees don't work (or work conversely to what they're supposed to do: such as the offensive DC passive which reduces damage output by 15% rather than increase it). Hope this is mostly ironed out before "release".
  • beuneribeuneri Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Gladiator Mage 4 Piece PVP set bonus says it reduces the cooldown of the ability in spell mastery slot by 25%, currently doesn't reduce the cooldown at all. Been trying every encounter ability in both normal encounter slot and tab slot and every ability has the same cooldown regardless of the spot.
    edited May 2013
    good comments yall.
  • tokse2tokse2 Member Posts: 117 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Another one:

Conduit of Ice, Icy Terrain, Sudden Storm and Arcane Singularity don't receive an increase in damage from Evocation or AoE damage feats Wizard's Wrath and Focused Wizardry. It seems they're not recognized as AoE effects.
    edited May 2013
    good lets keep the bugs coming if you have one not listed in the main post please list it and Ill add it to the main post
  • spitihnevspitihnev Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sudden storm doesn't deal damage to units who are being sucked by Arcane singularity. Only when they land after the daily deals the big damage. Is this a bug?
  • luxtmluxtm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The debuff Chaotic Growth from Chaos Magic doesn't heal for Max Hit Points as the tooltip states but rather it seems to heal for the current Hit Points.

As seen when looking at combat logs for the health gained it increases with each tick assuming you took no damage.
    YePR2pe.jpg
    edited May 2013
    luxtm wrote: »
    The debuff Chaotic Growth from Chaos Magic doesn't heal for Max Hit Points as the tooltip states but rather it seems to heal for the current Hit Points.

As seen when looking at combat logs for the health gained it increases with each tick assuming you took no damage.
    YePR2pe.jpg

thanks for the SS that will help them pinpoint this bug.
  • luxtmluxtm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    koranes wrote: »
    luxtm wrote: »

YePR2pe.jpg

thanks for the SS that will help them pinpoint this bug.

Now it's posted three times that will make it go three times as fast, right?

You don't like the SS, it could be removed. Now it's listed three times.
  • bluereverendbluereverend Member Posts: 79
    edited May 2013
    Is there a known bug with Recovery lowering the encounter timers? I checked with a Recovery bonus of +0.6% and of +1.5% and the cooldown of both Chill Strike(Tabbed), Sudden Storm and more hasn't changed at all. Can anyone else confirm this?
    edited May 2013

not sure Ill added it to possible errors sub tab
  • grimaldus90grimaldus90 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A bug I noticed while leveling was when id teleport into a group of enemies and use steal time instantly the animation would start and it would go on cool down but nothing would happen, cost me a lot of potions until i made sure to wait a bit before using it. Maybe its not a bug and I was just doing it too fast but it only happens with steal time.
  • cpride1987cpride1987 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did a recent patch do something to the damage of arcane singularity?

I used it this morning on a bunch of Drow in Whispering Caverns and I could have sworn I did not see any damage when the explosion happened. I know some of them were at half healh from other spells and I expected some of them to be dead after the explosion
  • hateyourforumshateyourforums Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd love to see some kind of acknowledgement on these issues by Cryptic. Mainly on the spells that don't seem to be working as intended, all the ones that don't crit and the ones that are interrupted if you perform any action or like shard of endless avalanche, that it disappears if you get cc'ed.
  • kimosami8kimosami8 Member Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    Sudden Storm cannot critically strike
  • wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    At the upper feat tree there is a feat that has 15% chance to knock someone back and give you stamina when hit by someone within 20 range.
    It simply doesn work at me.
    timeraiderlogo2smaller.gif

Elf Control Wizard - Dragon
  • lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shgth wrote: »

Yep.

OP please combine everything into one giant list or let someone else do it.
  • elminbanelminban Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shard of the Endless avalanche seems to bug out if you cast it then continue to cast another spell. The boulder does not appear but the re-cast timer starts.
    2.jpg
  • kimosami8kimosami8 Member Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    If you use Shard of the Endless Avalanche with mobs stacked on top of you, when pushing it, it will deal damage but will not explode, even if more than 2 are hit.

You cannot use Sudden Storm on mobs affected by Arcane Singularity
  • demattodematto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It seems as though Icy Terrain does not properly trigger Eye of the Storm. You get the floater, but you do NOT autocrit on any attacks.
    At least, I haven't been. I was trying to pay attention last night as I finally got my CW to 60. Ran him through 3 zones, Icy/Time/Entangle/Master Avalanche the whole time. I'm fairly confident about the Icy Terrain bug.
    edited May 2013
    who is betting on new bugs when the servers come back up?
  • lemandallemandal Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    Ray of empowerement [tabbed] : the effectiveness is doubled, without casting it twice on the same target. The two rays do no stack, however.