test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Did you kill the Sleeper in EQ1? Or C'thun in Vanilla WoW?

scan69scan69 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Then join us in game, were a old skool group of mmo addicts and were looking for more like minded gamers.

18+ EU timezone, English speaking.

Join here, http://relentlessnw.enjin.com/

Or send email to scanini69@yahoo.com

This will probably be deleted or moved but im grabbing some eyes before it does while the server is down. We are also looking to play Wildstar and The elder scrolls online, so a great time to jump in and meet players that will help you achieve great things in your mmo life.
Post edited by scan69 on

Comments

• Options
    scan69scan69 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    scan69 wrote: »
    Then join us in game, were a old skool group of mmo addicts and were looking for more like minded gamers.

This will probably be deleted or moved but im grabbing some eyes before it does while the server is down. We are also looking to play Wildstar and The elder scrolls online, so a great time to jump in and meet players that will help you achieve great things in your mmo life.

Seriously though, did you?

I remember my first time in AQ40, one of our guys was killed on a crit of 2mill damage.

Epic train whoohoo!

Such a shame modern mmo's do not have these legendary bosses in anymore.
  • Options
    stadulatorstadulator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    I think pretty much everyone that raided in EQ1 killed the sleeper when they opened him up, Which was at least a year after the content released.

Started off as a one time kill per server.

Odd that you're looking for high end raiders in this game as it has no raiding and the "end game" is laughable
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    The c'thun fight was a ton of fun and one of the most creative. Wish I can experience fights like that again ... if this game EVER has an end game raid.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about the original tuskin king in fort tuskin ? Waiting a week for him to spawn , luckily we were the third group to run in there :P
  • Options
    jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stadulator wrote: »
    I think pretty much everyone that raided in EQ1 killed the sleeper when they opened him up, Which was at least a year after the content released.

Odd that you're looking for high end raiders in this game as it has no raiding and the "end game" is laughable

I think laughable is the wrong term and far to many people came into this with your average MMO expectations. Not everything needs developer crafted raiding content. Dungeons are entertaining for me, pvp is entertaining (but needs more maps) and The Foundry is the meat and potatoes and I enjoy it a great deal.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • Options
    stadulatorstadulator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    jnaathra wrote: »
    I think laughable is the wrong term and far to many people came into this with your average MMO expectations. Not everything needs developer crafted raiding content. Dungeons are entertaining for me, pvp is entertaining (but needs more maps) and The Foundry is the meat and potatoes and I enjoy it a great deal.

I guess you didn't read what the OP wrote then did you.

But perhaps you're right.

"Hey! anyone that like baseball, we're huge baseball fans! So come group with like minded individuals and we'll play some hard core ping pong!"
  • Options
    floral821floral821 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kill Cthun? Pfffft, how about "was in the guild whose guild leader quite literally wrote the guide to do it".
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    I love boss fights that isn't just tank and spank.
  • Options
    pinchzpinchz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    floral821 wrote: »
    Kill Cthun? Pfffft, how about "was in the guild whose guild leader quite literally wrote the guide to do it".

C'Thun was ridiculously bugged for months (tentacles in stomach ground rupturing you for dead, tentacles everywhere for that matter), and the day they fixed it, something like 40 guilds killed it.

So I don't think you really know what you're talking about.
  • Options
    myth1184myth1184 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cant find a detele button
  • Options
    myth1184myth1184 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you were in Fury? if not..your post is bogus
  • Options
    vulupvulup Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    scan69 wrote: »

Vanilla C'thun was fun. Chogall HM was fun. Hope this game starts varying boss mechanics a bit.
  • Options
    vulupvulup Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pinchz wrote: »
    C'Thun was ridiculously bugged for months (tentacles in stomach ground rupturing you for dead, tentacles everywhere for that matter), and the day they fixed it, something like 40 guilds killed it.

Still think that was on purpose. To stall progression.
  • Options
    zeldainkneehighszeldainkneehighs Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So your guild wants to recruit the 150ish people that killed the Sleeper in EQ1 on Rallos Zek...and out of those how many killed C'thun pre-Naxx let alone pre-TBC? Jesus christ...I wish all games had that great of a recruitment pool!
  • Options
    waikikamukauwaikikamukau Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hadn't thought about C'Thun in a long time. My Druid ran AQ40 so many times he's Exalted with Brood of Nozdormu. Hehe, good times.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

First recorded death of the Sleeper was on Rallos Zek on 11-17-2003. Almost three years after it was released. It was done by 3 guilds and took over 3 hours to kill it. That is the only recorded killing of the Sleeper in EQ's history. Not sure where you came up with "everyone who raided must have killed it" thing because most servers lost their chance when they woke it.
  • Options
    nirrudnsoknirrudnsok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First recorded death of the Sleeper was on Rallos Zek on 11-17-2003. Almost three years after it was released. It was done by 3 guilds and took over 3 hours to kill it. That is the only recorded killing of the Sleeper in EQ's history. Not sure where you came up with "everyone who raided must have killed it" thing because most servers lost their chance when they woke it.

Thank you, my inner nerd was raging and I was ready to post "almost nobody actually killed the Sleeper." The Rallos Zek group actually killed him twice, too. The first time GMs despawned him when he got low on HP because he was never intended to be killed. After much outcry they re-spawned him and gave them another try.
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you have a Kirin's Osode?

I didn't think so.
    What about a Kraken Club?
    Thats what I thought
    Maat's cap, at least?
    your guild aint for me
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    RZ took him to 27% on the 16th of November before it was despawned due to a "bug". But ya, the idiots on the internet! GUYS ITS STILL OPEN BETA!
  • Options
    morfeddmorfedd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Isn't this in the wrong forum?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    After open beta forum bugs will be fixed.
  • Options
    synapse777synapse777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Killed C'thun, world firsted another boss in AQ and US firsted another. Missed world first C'thun by like 12 hours.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You were D&T? Who was your character man, I was in D&T, too!
  • Options
    ayorrayorr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "The guild Blood of the Spider on The Rathe server was the first guild system-wide to kill Ventani (the fourth warder) on July 28, 2001, and therefore wake the sleeper. The event caused a stir on the server when Kerafyrm went into multiple zones, including Skyshrine, killing everyone and everything in his path."

When I read about this happening (I played EQ religiously at the time) it was easily the most exciting and crazy thing to happen to 13 year old me, gaming wise. The fact that one mob could travel through hard zone lines destroying everything in it's path was amazing.
    Ayora Wildwood
    Level 60
    Devoted Cleric
    <Exodus>
    Dragon Server
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did all those things in EQ. World firsted the Nagafen rune quests in EQ2, world firsted the green dragon in cazic and vox's ghost - even though the ghost was supposed to be a plot device and something you ran from if you saw it in permafrost. We killed it anyway to see if it would drop loot. Vagabonds was the guild name.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Sadly, that script is broken nowadays. My guild has woken two Sleepers in the last 3(?) or 4 years on two different servers and nothing happened. GG scriptttttttting!
  • Options
    saucyshortcakesaucyshortcake Member Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    pinchz wrote: »

i killed it world first and am the best ever, you just mad ok.
  • Options
    samanthyasamanthya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2013

This is false, my guild from EQ(Cats in Hats) woke him on purpose, and we were if I remember right the first guild to ever do it simply because another guild(was half of Something Light that merged with another guild) wouldn't stop farming our mobs. I think one other guild had woken him on purpose prior to this. The sleeper was still very much "invincible" at this time and it was over a year after his release.

Don't remember all the details since the time frame but needless to say, not everyone was killing the sleeper, not even one server killed him for a very, very long time. And it took all the top guilds on that server I believe to pull it off.
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I world firsted your moms and 9 months later you all showed up.

ya'll shoulda died on her chin
  • Options
    grizzdelgrizzdel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Where is the great Dbag Furor from FoH. Although his guild was first in many things he was the biggest whiner in MMO history.