test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pots are the biggest money sink in the game.

2»

Comments

• Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    brakkish1 wrote: »
    Honestly, they bleed my coin and ensure I stay broke.
    Maybe I should L2P?

/discuss

They cost almost nothing... and gold is pretty much useless since everything else cost AD.
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with those who say that since there's almost nothing on which to spend gold -- pots, injury kits, tradeskill assets -- it's not exactly a big issue. So I spend a few gold piling them up .... meh. I'll replace it in a heartbeat of farming. No biggie.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    yarknarfyarknarf Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think one of the best balancing of this game is gold -vs- consumables.

I just hit 60 on my CW and am at 20-40 on four other characters and you have just enough coin to keep you in kits and pots.

So that means if you play carefully you steadily gain gold if you don't you struggle.

The same with scrolls of identification. Right up to lv 56+ when you get level 60 items you seem to pick up just the right amount of scrolls to ID all the class items but not enough for all items.

I think they did good if that's what they were going for.
  • Options
    lpsxlpsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    my drop rate for pots playing for 1h / 12 thats without a dungen run, started needing them more after L44...
    i all ways make sure i have 40 when i play... (i think they will add more things that u can buy with gold its still open beta........................
  • Options
    rethophisrethophis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    brakkish1 wrote: »
    Honestly, they bleed my coin and ensure I stay broke.
    Maybe I should L2P?

/discuss
    Even with healers on high level dungeon the expenditure on pots and kits is huge and leaves me always with the necessity to trade some of the gear i loot with dungeon delve events for gold (which means i will not be able to get astral from it with the AH).
    Known as Zerkul on DDO forums I]Ryumajin, Zavarthak, Leohands of Cannith[/I, look for me on YouTube.
  • Options
    brakkish1brakkish1 Member, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll concede that the actual cost is not a huge problem, as others have pointed out; what else is there to really spend gold on. (which, seems strange to add pointless currency just for pots... but *shrug* they did it anyway)

I should of titled this post: "Pots, the biggest TIME SINK in the game." or "Pots have turned me into a glorified trash collector."

Honestly, the only reason I bother picking up loot drops is to help offset the cost of running the actual dungeon or quest. And most of the time, it costs me MORE to run it, than I get back.
    Then there's Identifying it. (I don't even bother wasting scrolls on items any more, I just sell it unidentified - it's a wash either way)
    Time spent, selling, then buying from every pot vendor in every zone. Rinse repeat; it adds up.

All loot drops from trash mobs is trash loot, serving only to fill up my bag space and make me contemplate buying a larger bag so I can carry more trash to pay for more pots to pay for more dungeons to collect more trash and fill up my bag. See where this is going? ;)

Just pointing out it gets ridiculous when you think about it.
  • Options
    ageoffan123ageoffan123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    Idea: Group up, problem solved. I mean this is a DND game, grouping is what it is about.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They cost almost nothing... and gold is pretty much useless since everything else cost AD.

Pots and 20s injury kits at 60 are a gold drain in T2 and up. The actual issue, really, is the Greater ID Scrolls and their lack of availability. If all those greens that we pass on could be identified and sold, there would be enough gold to cover the expenses. This is the reason why people sell purple gear for gold more often now.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    brakkish1brakkish1 Member, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Idea: Group up, problem solved. I mean this is a DND game, grouping is what it is about.
    Excellent argument. I'm sure we'll see the next add campaign by Cryptic reading "Come play Neverwinter! - great game, but remember it's not solo friendly! Any questions, just ask ageoffan123 as he's solved the solo problem." /endsarcasm