test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Day 6 Of Not Being Able to do anything in the game - Huge game flaw

2»

Comments

• evileyecurseevileyecurse Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    I would have to agree with the TS, its not that Rogues are unwanted in groups, its just that there are too many that even if your GS is high, no one really cares because you are replaceable. Its a supply and demand kinda thing and I'm speaking based on personal experience because I'm also a rogue.
  • pojzonpojzon Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why just not wait lets say 2 months till it will be clear to see if game will survive or develop or something >_> ?

Meanwhile mby switch to something else like me :))
  • castertroyt79castertroyt79 Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    1) Op claims to be a rogue...which means there is a high probability that he is the type of player that follows FOTM...which is another indication of his competency level.
    2) the way op responds to replies is an indication of his age, level of intelligence, and attitude. The saving grace is that I haven't seen op swearing yet.
    3) no friends, can't find a guild that wants to take him in...an indication of deficiency in social skills
    4) getting kick from every group that he joins to make room for others? Don't know if op is serious or trolling.
    5) most, if not all (except op) has no problem finding groups...sounds like a pilot problem to me.

In conclusion, despite op claims that he was courteous, doesn't suck and such...I am very skeptical about that. I mean...how often do you see a person who sux so bad and behaves so badly, coming into the forum to complain, actually admits to those?

My advice, don't give other people a reason to put you into their ignore list.
  • oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sounds less like an issue with the game and more like an issue of being in a crappy guild.
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mafiamanmafiaman Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, It just sounds like you are annoying so people don't want to play with you. I'm not trying to be rude, I am simply stating the obvious :( . Just try not to type or talk as much and play with random people until you find a guild that likes you. There are guilds out there for everyone, you just have to relax and not try to force it.

Also, If a lot of groups kick you before the run even starts, it is a problem with you, not the game, not the community, not anything else. This community is surprising civil for an MMO and you should be appreciative of that. Try to hit up the guilds that advertise in Zone chat all the time and find one that is a good fit. You most likely want a guild that is willing to help newer players for starters. It is ok if you first, second, fifth guild do not work out for you. There are plenty.

P.S. Your old guild was probably MMO elitist asses who have no time for people in your position. Do not take it personally as those types are usually like that to everyone but their small group and they have others in the guild purely to have others get resources for them.
  • l4stlifel4stlife Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    I love my TR. have never had this problem, I was partied in an epic dungeon with 3 other TR's and an CW. None quiet until the first boss who absolutly dominated us... twice, thats when we called it a day. My TR has 9500 GS

I have rolled 2 other toons, GF (10) and Cleric (15) to see how the classes are but so far I still love my TR
  • sejo77sejo77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All i can say what others said before me, find another guild this is my best advice.Reading how you responded even some of the mean and not so helpful replies you don't seems to be a bad guy.Don't let others who tried to flame you get you down.Just play and try to meet ppl who are playing this game for fun.
    For example what happend to me yesterday: i was about to delete one of my toons but i wouldn't want lose my gold which that character has.I asked in the general chat what will be the way to transfer my gold to another toon. As i got informed there's no such way yet, other then to give it to another toon of yours on another account (which requires two pc which i dont have) or give your gold to someone who keep it for you and will give you back after you rerolled.
    I don't have to mention this needs a very deep trust in someone, just to give him all of your money even it wasn't a serious ammount (16 gold and 42 silver but it was alot for me).
    So as i asked around and i started a conversation with a random guy who seemed to be helpful and at the end he offered me his help to transfer my gold.Of course first i was sceptical so i only gave him 2 gold for start and see if he gives me back or not but luckly he was a man of his word.At the end everything went fine n i got all of my gold but decided two give two gold for the guy for his help :).
    He was grateful so as i and we became friends :).So all i want to say is don't give up there are nice ppl in this game you just have to find them :)
  • arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Find me a MMORPG where DPS classes aren't the least wanted classes in the game. Please do.

Oh wait, there's Guild Wars 2! Yeah! Because every class is the same, there is no tank/healer/DPS holy trinity system! Every class can pull their own weight, but because of this, the game is so boring to play cause all the classes feel the same. I'm just facerolling buttons, but depending on which class I play, the character animations and attacks look different. So much fun!!! (not)

If you want to play a DPS class in a Tank/Healer/DPS MMORPG, then you have to accept the fact that no one needs DPS because there are so many out there! Players who play tanks and healers can be picky when choosing their DPS because they have so many people to pick from!

If you want to play DPS and be accepted, then here's what you need to do:

1) Be the best. Play your best. Spend $money$ to get the best gear. No one needs a bad DPSer when there's hundreds of better ones to chose from that are also looking for a group!

2) Don't be a jerk! Be a nice person! Be friendly! Be sociable! You'd be surprised how many tanks and healers will pick a friendly person over some anti-social @#ole who just pulls out big numbers!
  • callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I get nothin but love.

But then again, my guild is GOOD.

I am good.

An d my gear is good.

Cheers, I love my TR.
  • wolfel1wolfel1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would do dungeons with you, OP, but I'm nowhere near level 60. Personally, I couldn't care less how other people are geared, or even how skilled they are at playing. I'm only in it for the fun, the escapism, the thrill of discovery and the excitement of combat. I lament that few gamers seem to know what "RPG" means anymore.
  • grikgidgrikgid Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    wolfel1 wrote: »
    I would do dungeons with you, OP, but I'm nowhere near level 60. Personally, I couldn't care less how other people are geared, or even how skilled they are at playing. I'm only in it for the fun, the escapism, the thrill of discovery and the excitement of combat. I lament that few gamers seem to know what "RPG" means anymore.

Hear, hear
  • sejo77sejo77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You got a point there :)
  • daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's really about skill when it comes to playing a DPS class. You either have to be in with someone, or really know how to play. As for gearscore..I see you are a HoTN. How can you not have a high score with 2million AD at your disposal?
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • chintaechintae Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

While I get what your saying, if you can't finish the dungeon and get your rewards....what was the point of doing them? To fail time and time again because you don't have the 'pre-req' stats to complete the dungeon??

Not saying I'm an elitist junkie, I don't harp on anyone who doesn't 'dps' to some standard or yell at clerics (since i am one) for not 'healing moar' or yell at tanks to grab that aggro. But if time and time again, we fail because we can't withstand the onslaught of damage and can't kill it fast enough, I would have to bow out.

But if we *can* pull it off, that would probably be one of the 'attempts' at anything that I would tell epic stories about to my alts, and their alts, and then they'd recite that affair to their alts...and their alts, alts....so on and so forth.

I've had those dungeon runs. They are epic, and people got through it WITH SKILL, not with gear. Sheer skill.

So yeah, I do mind if someone is skilled, but skilled doesn't mean that they pull out a bazillion DPS. Skill means they can perform up to their class standards and has enough knowledge of either the encounters or the mobs abilities to know where/how to position themselves and kill without taking too much damage of their own.

But I wouldn't deny a person based on GS. That's stupid. That just means you can be an lesser skilled player that gets by on equipment alone.
  • flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's wierd that on Mindflayer, I see groups looking for Rogues all the time to do the 2 DS, 1 TR, 1 CW fast-farming thing.

I don't know the OP at all so I can't comment on his/her skills & in-game personality, but I'm having a VERY hard time believing he/she is being kicked from groups simply for being a Rogue.

In any event, I'm with Wolfel1 on this one.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • zeldainkneehighszeldainkneehighs Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe you are just bad and they would rather take someone who knows how to dodge, can use potions, and knows how to do the boss fights? I don't know. Maybe you aren't bad and your guild sucks and you should find a new guild?
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chintae wrote: »
    While I get what your saying, if you can't finish the dungeon and get your rewards....what was the point of doing them? To fail time and time again because you don't have the 'pre-req' stats to complete the dungeon??

Not saying I'm an elitist junkie, I don't harp on anyone who doesn't 'dps' to some standard or yell at clerics (since i am one) for not 'healing moar' or yell at tanks to grab that aggro. But if time and time again, we fail because we can't withstand the onslaught of damage and can't kill it fast enough, I would have to bow out.

But if we *can* pull it off, that would probably be one of the 'attempts' at anything that I would tell epic stories about to my alts, and their alts, and then they'd recite that affair to their alts...and their alts, alts....so on and so forth.

I've had those dungeon runs. They are epic, and people got through it WITH SKILL, not with gear. Sheer skill.

So yeah, I do mind if someone is skilled, but skilled doesn't mean that they pull out a bazillion DPS. Skill means they can perform up to their class standards and has enough knowledge of either the encounters or the mobs abilities to know where/how to position themselves and kill without taking too much damage of their own.

But I wouldn't deny a person based on GS. That's stupid. That just means you can be an lesser skilled player that gets by on equipment alone.

It's fun to learn the fights, and this wouldn't be the first MMO where I've had to do a dungeon multiple times to figure out a winning strategy. You see, life is a journey, not the destination. If life was just the destination, then we should just all die at birth, right? The same is true in games. Somebody has to figure out how to beat that end boss before they can post a guide to beating it, and maybe they get it right the first time, and maybe they have to do it multiple times. However, if, as I have done more times than I can realistically count, they had a blast getting there, isn't that the point of gaming? I submit that, if the only thing that matters is doing every single dungeon exactly right the first time you go in it, you're doing it wrong. Is it a goal? Certainly, I want to succeed as much as the next guy, and maybe more than some, but if I'm not having fun along the way, it's not worth it.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • forumalterforumalter Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    sileste wrote: »
    ROFL there is a lot of love. Even from your enemies....

The truth....it hurts!

To the OP: buy gear, spend money, p2w!
  • pilletrillarnpilletrillarn Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nymesis92 wrote: »
    I call horse ****, their is no way this is legit happening. I hit 60 yesterday and nearly increased my GS by 3k!!! I don't know what your problem is.

I'm also in a Guild that have a pretty solid group that are doing T2 stuff, do I expect to be picked up by them??? No, because they use another Rogue that has far far superior gear than I have and does millions more dmg than I would. I know I have to grind out the dungeons and get the gear before being considered having a "spot" on any T2 dungeon group.

What happen when the Superior Rogue is offline? Do your guild stop play then? Or do you take a rogue that haven't any experience and get wiped?
  • nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How remarkable. The OP asked all of you to explain to him why he could not find a group. And the rabble has managed to do everything but that initial request. So either all of you have no idea and should probably just say that and move on, or you are all getting trolled. Either way it’s a wonderful social experiment in what one might say when one actually does not know.

As for me, I don’t know. I would advise you to get more comfortable with the solo game for a while. The playerbase is capricious and the game mechanisms are shifting. As bad as they started off, some things about the classes are going to have to change and when they do so too will the grouping mechanics. The worst case scenario is that you have some wait time ahead of you. Get to know the foundry or better yet, make some content for the foundry.

Consider trying out a new class. Not because you are necessarily bad, as some of my more benighted colleagues have suggested, but because its something new and somewhat diverting while you wait.

If this is just a pleasant trolling, hey at least you gave all these people a forum in which to speak and they are all thanking you in their own way.

N #foreveralone
  • astariadodfastariadodf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jellicho wrote: »
    I wanted to like this game but it's going to be going on Day 7 where I haven't been able to find any groups because I'm a Rogue, and I'm immediately rejected from any group or guild.

Jellicho (and anyone else like this) Please be sure to contact a Valor Rising person in game for an invite. Remember, all MMO have a huge set of players that want 'the I (and usually only I) win button/gear. Valor Rising WAS the largest Guild in closed beta, and we will be one here - although we are more selective now. If you want a team that respects not paying for goods, helps those players all the time, and main focus is fun always, thats the best IMO.

I personnally am aged 50+ and an Alpha tester and community Lead from DAOC as well as other creds. Mine pale in comparison to some of my other guildmates. We also have some capabilities that other guilds cannot offer (not puffery, but wont say in open forum). So if you are interested in genuine comradarie, contact us please.

Big bear hugs either way, and dont give up, remember tons of content are not even in yet.
  • jellichojellicho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the advice so far from those who were not so angry and rude, I will try to find a better guild that is willing to help newer players.

I have a gear score of 9900 but because of my class, most groups only take rogues who are 11k or better.
  • astariadodfastariadodf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the advice so far from those who were not so angry and rude, I will try to find a better guild that is willing to help newer players.

I have a gear score of 9900 but because of my class, most groups only take rogues who are 11k or better.

OMG - 9900 gear score means you are solid. Perhaps its too many WOW fan bois out there? I left WoW b4 first release cuz I smelled the gear problems coming with them (yes I also was closed beta tester for them). That also hurt DAOC because once they realized the gear path WOW was doing, they tried and epic failed.
  • funkmasterrickfunkmasterrick Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    As much as OP comes off as a bit of a whiner, I haven't seen anything to legitimize half the people in this thread basically saying he's a git. He came on with a problem he couldn't figure out - don't be a bunch of twats. -_-

But yeah, totally sounds like your guild is being a bit selfish - they obviously want to improve their characters, but seem to have an 'inner circle,' so to speak, and you're not in it. Jump ship for a real guild, where the low-geared members are still people.

But don't expect them to babysit you, either; you need to be working with the low-gear members in your new guild to get each other geared up. How a TR has trouble finding a group is beyond me, but I haven't hit 60 with my TR yet, so I can't really comment on that aspect.

Good luck, though! ^_^
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But don't expect them to babysit you, either; you need to be working with the low-gear members in your new guild to get each other geared up.
    Only those with gear are allowed to progress in the game
    OMG - 9900 gear score means you are solid.

I've got to wonder, are you just looking for Castle Never runs because your gear score is so high? I have about that on my CW main, and have only been kicked once, by a group with one spot waiting for a cleric.

Why aren't you running with guild members (new guild or old guild) that need to gear up? Are you ignoring other guild members that need gear, either because you don't need anything from the lower dungeons or whatever reason? Building good faith with a guild is very important. Show you are a good person, that you will help others, and others will help you too.

One thing that will guarantee you getting a group, start one yourself! If you aren't using the queue, and really, you should, it's pretty good if it does take a while, i've only had one group fall apart, and that was at the end boss of Dread vault with a group that had never done it before. Every group loves a rogue, if you are the one starting it, you won't be kicked from your own group. After a week of complaining you can't get a group, if you haven't tried this, well, then there is no hope for you.
  • jbizzijbizzi Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nornsavant wrote: »
    How remarkable. The OP asked all of you to explain to him why he could not find a group. And the rabble has managed to do everything but that initial request. So either all of you have no idea and should probably just say that and move on, or you are all getting trolled. Either way it’s a wonderful social experiment in what one might say when one actually does not know.

As for me, I don’t know. I would advise you to get more comfortable with the solo game for a while. The playerbase is capricious and the game mechanisms are shifting. As bad as they started off, some things about the classes are going to have to change and when they do so too will the grouping mechanics. The worst case scenario is that you have some wait time ahead of you. Get to know the foundry or better yet, make some content for the foundry.

Consider trying out a new class. Not because you are necessarily bad, as some of my more benighted colleagues have suggested, but because its something new and somewhat diverting while you wait.

If this is just a pleasant trolling, hey at least you gave all these people a forum in which to speak and they are all thanking you in their own way.

N #foreveralone

How remarkable...

You failed to read even the first 5 posts before posting for yourself that explained in detail why he specifically might be having difficulty finding a group and you reiterated only a couple of them in your post-of-many-words-but-says-nothing.

How remarkable!
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Ever since hitting 60, my game experience has taken a huge downturn as I am a Rogue which basically means I get spit on, shunned, rejected at every turn.

So here is day 6 of doing nothing but standing in Protector's Enclave desperately trying to find something to do.

A brief summary of my game day:

Log on, ask in guild vent if anyone doing any dungeons, get no answer, see my guild already has a group in Tier 2 dungeon. I then start queuing for public groups as my guild seems to be no help at the moment.

Finally get a pop for a dungeon, load into the dungeon find that we have 4 GWF. Everyone then quits, back to queue.

Spend the next 2-3 hours trying to queue for public groups, always someone quits, or have too many of 1 type of class, groups usually fall apart after first fight.

Continue to ask my guild mates for any groups, told that nobody running dungeons now, they already have a spot for another TR that is better geared, they don't want to take me into the group.

Continue to try to find public groups, finally get a well balanced group. THen I get kicked because my gear score is too low.

So that concludes Day 6 of doing absolutely nothing in the game, finally quit my guild as they were zero help to me.

Only those with gear are allowed to progress in the game because geared players can find groups while non-geared players are not allowed in any groups. In addition Rogues are second class citizens, a completely worthless class

I wanted to like this game but it's going to be going on Day 7 where I haven't been able to find any groups because I'm a Rogue, and I'm immediately rejected from any group or guild.

You think rogues are useless? ROFL, try playing a GWF then we can talk.