test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pots are the biggest money sink in the game.

brakkish1brakkish1 Member, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Honestly, they bleed my coin and ensure I stay broke.
Maybe I should L2P?

/discuss
Post edited by brakkish1 on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    brakkish1 wrote: »
    WTB healer to run around and watch me kill stuff.
    Funnily, it's the healer which tends to go broke.
  • Options
    snakeoil88snakeoil88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SOLD! That will cost you 20000000000000 AD and 42 keys. :P
  • Options
    cathycutecathycute Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I should say Pots and Kits. Since I'm a Divine Cleric, my heals does not do much heal to myself.
  • Options
    quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What else are you spending your gold on?

And do you have the Cleric companion?
  • Options
    deurkier1deurkier1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 70
    edited May 2013
    its called a cleric companion :cool:
  • Options
    callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    More like Kits.

Post I can deal with.. Kits though :o
  • Options
    swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's true, I do spend a fair bit of money on pot.

Edit: Nvm, misread the original post.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'd say, "Play a Cleric.", but they do need more potions than any other class. ;) (Ironic, because there self heal had been cut down by 40% because allegedly they didn't require potions enough.)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GF here. Never had to buy a single potion. Only time I've really used any potions was while duoing Cloak Tower and Cragmire Crypts at-level.
  • Options
    hardpeck1hardpeck1 Member Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    What else are you going to spend gold on?

All there is to buy with gold are pots and kits.
  • Options
    alandoril1alandoril1 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, play a cleric and then you'll know what potion and kit consumption is really like.
  • Options
    jstallard2012jstallard2012 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Use ingame gold to buy a Cleric companion.
  • Options
    mievhmievh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Being a Cleric, I've hardly ever used a Potion up until level 52+, when my companions started to suck big time.

But yes, you have to over-empathize self-healing powers.
    Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
  • Options
    feargxfeargx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    The cleric companion can do an ability that heals 25%, but other then that pots are essential and required.

The Portable Altar heals 150 a tick which is worthless at level 60.

I made a map full of Assassins I use to farm potions, scrolls, and Unidentified items I can vendor.
    Profile name / Ingame handle: @FearGXxD
    Shard: Mindflayer
    Characters: Grim, Rune, Holy, Ruin - If the name isn't the @FearGXxD handle, it's not me! =)
  • Options
    wujenswujens Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    My 1st Char, TR, I took the free Melee character for companion. Wound up broke @ 60.
    2nd Char, TR, I took the Cleric companion. I now have 42 gold @ lvl 60.

World of difference.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    alandoril1 wrote: »
    Yes, play a cleric and then you'll know what potion and kit consumption is really like.
    I've heard so many of my friends and guildmates say the same. Oh the irony.

I guess my thoughts of rolling a Cleric to save on pots and kits are now out the window ;)
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    think the pots are quite affordable up to 20 they seem to be qiven quite readily it only later that you have to start buying heaps and unless your buying every companion and every mount not much use for gold so pots and kits are fine
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    brakkish1 wrote: »
    I've heard so many of my friends and guildmates say the same. Oh the irony.

I guess my thoughts of rolling a Cleric to save on pots and kits are now out the window ;)

I have to disagree. As said before, I'm a Cleric, and had to vendor all my potions because they were occupying so much space.

I've started using potions in the level 54+ range because my rank 15 companions started to suck.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello my name is LAB , and I'm a potionaholic too !
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mievh wrote: »

I've started using potions in the level 54+ range because my rank 15 companions started to suck.
    Working as intended.

(psssst...*whisper* for the "low price of X real dollars" you can upgrade. ;) )
  • Options
    lordhordelordhorde Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    I don`t think the prices are that outrageous for potions and kits. They could be lower and mobs could start dropping more silver at higher lvls. Up until lvl 60 I really didn`t need to worry about gold because the game supplied me with everything you needed nearly. I had a healer merc and enough potions to lvl up with spending a minimal amount of gold on supplies. But now that I run dungeons, in some cases I can use a large amount of potions per run and walk out of the dungeon with nothing to show for it except a few silver if I`m lucky. I have left groups in dungeons where I have been 2 gold in the hole within the first few minutes of the run or at the first boss.

Unidentified greens are only worth 1 silver a pop and it isn`t worth spending AD on scrolls to id the greens so you can vendor them for silver. At least at lvl 60 anyway. Either lower the prices on supplies and put scrolls on the vendors or increase the amount of coin that drops for high lvl players.
  • Options
    jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    I'd say, "Play a Cleric.", but they do need more potions than any other class. ;) (Ironic, because there self heal had been cut down by 40% because allegedly they had more gold then other classes.)

Fixed for ya! but yeah i use more pots/kits then the rest of my group. really sucks!
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • Options
    elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you mean gold sink, then sure - but what else are you going to use it on? That's what it's for.

Upgrading enchants is a much bigger currency sink though, IMO. Both in fusing and removing enchants.
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I haven't tried playing any class other than the Trickster Rogue. But in PVE I rarely die and use kits. But pots, on the other hand, are something else. I chug on them til I get drunk when playing solo.

But then again what else are you going to use your gold for if it's not to buy the survival necessities of the game. :\
  • Options
    kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But wait, there are people out there (PVP-based) who suggest that the 40% reduction in self-heals for clerics should also apply when receiving heals from another cleric.

If you want I'll open up a vein now and you can take my blood whilst you're at it.

From my experience, I went through a stage around 46-50 of chugging potions as a cleric, but since Astral Shield came along, it's been reduced quite a bit. Dungeon runs still eat up potions though as I struggle to keep the adds off me whilst I heal the DPS hitting the boss (oh, the irony).
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's clear the OP has no idea what an economic "sink" is. An economic sink is when there are "fees" for doing business, such as the cost to unslot a rune, or unbind a Companion, or the fee charged in AH, etc.

As for pots - you are *buying* something. It's not a "sink".

Now kwicherbichen and roll a Cleric so you don't need as many pots.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, Astral Shield sure did change my life. Using Astral Shield and Forgemaster's Flame with Divinity lets me finish most fights at 100% HP now.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's clear the OP has no idea what an economic "sink" is. An economic sink is

Technically, an economic sink is any economic process by which a video game's in-game currency is removed. This may commonly be done via taxes on AH etc, but making content hard enough that many players have to buy more pots than they find also works in the same fashion. Hence 'Economic Sink' is applicable.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Now kwicherbichen and roll a Cleric so you don't need as many pots.
    Fairly certain you missed the part where people were saying playing a Cleric is actually worse.

People take the time to post; I take the time to read those posts. Though, not everyone shows the same courtesy apparently. ;)