test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are GF's even used in high end play?

2»

Comments

• Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    By no means at all, this alt of mine is mainly for pvp which is why this build can suffice in pve. Also ancient/timeless gear are expensive on Dragon server, so I ain't wasting money but I've definitely seen a tank build which can pretty much hold it's ground. She had 5k def, 3k power 2k crit, 2k rec, 2k life steal and slotted with all heals on hit and soulforge. I'd love to play pve like that but unfortunately it ain't as cheap. :P
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    chchchuin1chchchuin1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how she got 2k life steal i sont see it possible ?
  • Options
    shadok92shadok92 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tanks are necessary, but 99% of them suck. You need a great Conqueror tank who knows what he's doing an can hold aggro. Double Cleric is for groups with incompetent players; not only does it make crappy healers even worse at healing (because they grow dependent on it), but it eventually stops working as you progress and it's slow as hell.
  • Options
    phreaklogicphreaklogic Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maiku, would it be possible to see your feats/powers/situational bar? I'd like to start being able to really feel useful in groups. I'm at 10.4k GS and still feel like a weight to my teams on occasion. Using the hybrid tank/dps build.
  • Options
    psimospsimos Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not saying your dmg is bad, because obviously it is not. However, I would like to know the quality of players you are playing with. That's all I'm saying. I am a TR and by 3rd boss in CN I was top dmg at 25 million by a long shot.. and total added of all players was NO where near how much dmg you all have done. This screams one thing to me, you all continuously wiped on multiple add packs/bosses giving you a larder lead in the end
  • Options
    flowsharianflowsharian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    shadok92 wrote: »
    Tanks are necessary, but 99% of them suck. You need a great Conqueror tank who knows what he's doing an can hold aggro. Double Cleric is for groups with incompetent players; not only does it make crappy healers even worse at healing (because they grow dependent on it), but it eventually stops working as you progress and it's slow as hell.

Sorry I don't believe in cookie cutter. Que?
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shadok92 wrote: »

This is the problem and PWE is ignoring us because of it... in order for GF to be viable you must respect to Conqueror because if you roll as Protection or Tactics your completely screwed once you get into T2s.

The funny thing is... PWE will eventually nurf Conqueror and fix the other 2 trees. Then everyone will have to pay again to make their GF viable. I can see it already...

Force respecing is one way to make money I guess.
  • Options
    leomutretaleomutreta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    snowballo wrote: »
    Conqueror GF still tanks perfectly fine.
    Threatening rush + cleave and if needed the aoe shout, into re-applying more threatening rushes all over the place if ya happen to loose it will keep ALL mobs glued on your behind forever.

You CAN tank + DPS.
    You DO have perfect spammable aoe with cleave.
    Combine this with Fighters Recovery, to self fullheal anytime you need.

Yes there are not many ways you can use GF and be it more useful than other classes.
    But no way in hell a 2nd cleric is gonna bring more dps to the group than my GF aoe gathering (or if CW does that for you, aoe dmging)
    And once you are able to stay alive vs all the mobs and keep them glued to you, what's the purpose of a 2nd cleric? None.

A properly played dps GF that tanks will always be better than the 2x cleric 3x dps setup.

You only mistake is that people dont do double cleric for added DPS... they do that so the clerics can survive the end boss battle on T2s, since GFs cannot target more than 5 mobs with their skills.
    GFs can play every T2 dungeon efforlessly, except for the final bosses. The exagerated add numbers makes controlling then near impossible, leading to the healers demise.
  • Options
    sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I cleared CN today faster than a double CW team would. Now shut up.
  • Options
    leomutretaleomutreta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    I cleared CN today faster than a double CW team would. Now shut up.

Double CW? lol

Pretty manly telling people to shut up on the internet. Grow some balls dude.
  • Options
    nakagoxxnakagoxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry would have created a new thread, but I am unable to do so, due to the probationary period.

I am pretty drawn to the GF, the idea of being able to tank ( if needed ) but also being able to do very good dps is pretty exciting. How is the GF on soloing content, especially 50 to 60?

I looked at the other classes, and while CW looks like it could do it, hate being super squishy. From what I have read the Rogue does insane damage, but I have no idea what AOE abilities they have, and not sure they will be good soloers later on nearing 60.

Right now I keep reading that most people just want groups of rogues and clerics, but that just feels like something that will change via fixes from PW. I am just hoping GF will be able to get runs, especially as the DPS spec ( with some tanking from what I can tell ). I would be concerned not being able to get the equipment good enough to make this build you guys are talking about if GFs are being cast out of run groups in favor of Cleric / Rogues / CWs.

Any thoughts on the difficulty of getting this build running? Is there a turning point where GF DPS goes from being <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to be viable, to being really strong? Just curious what to expect.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    leomutreta wrote: »
    Double CW? lol

Pretty manly telling people to shut up on the internet. Grow some balls dude.

Standard CN team = 2 Clerics, 2 CW, 1 TR Maybe you should play the game.
  • Options
    nakagoxxnakagoxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    Standard CN team = 2 Clerics, 2 CW, 1 TR Maybe you should play the game.

Sad state that being normal...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nakagoxx wrote: »
    Sad state that being normal...

If your first CW is good enough to spam blackhole, running a dps GF is better.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nakagoxx wrote: »
    Sorry would have created a new thread, but I am unable to do so, due to the probationary period.

I am pretty drawn to the GF, the idea of being able to tank ( if needed ) but also being able to do very good dps is pretty exciting. How is the GF on soloing content, especially 50 to 60?

I looked at the other classes, and while CW looks like it could do it, hate being super squishy. From what I have read the Rogue does insane damage, but I have no idea what AOE abilities they have, and not sure they will be good soloers later on nearing 60.

Right now I keep reading that most people just want groups of rogues and clerics, but that just feels like something that will change via fixes from PW. I am just hoping GF will be able to get runs, especially as the DPS spec ( with some tanking from what I can tell ). I would be concerned not being able to get the equipment good enough to make this build you guys are talking about if GFs are being cast out of run groups in favor of Cleric / Rogues / CWs.

Any thoughts on the difficulty of getting this build running? Is there a turning point where GF DPS goes from being <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to be viable, to being really strong? Just curious what to expect.

Check out Envy's DPS GF guide , I'm using it for my GF and it's totally spot on seems to me.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?166451-Envy-s-DPS-Guardian-Fighter-compendium
  • Options
    vrypowrfulvrypowrful Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maiku217 wrote: »
    Here's my latest CN run (unfinished) Mr. GF is not DPS. :) Just did it 5 mins ago and uploaded it just for you. <3

2UFML.png

2UFRD.jpg

2UFRN.jpg

Just to show you that this is my only set.

You're the biggest tool I've seen on these forums, you post and spread your build like cancer, out dps'ing trash pubs means nothing. GF can do great AoE dps, the t1 stalwart bulwark set is by far the best on GF.
  • Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vrypowrful wrote: »
    You're the biggest tool I've seen on these forums, you post and spread your build like cancer, out dps'ing trash pubs means nothing. GF can do great AoE dps, the t1 stalwart bulwark set is by far the best on GF.

Have not posted a single build lol. Love how you think people are trash, ever heard it takes one to know one? I agree that Stalwart set is the best for GF on power, but you're missing the point. Obviously I'm not using set bonuses here. It's not my problem no one reads enchantments and all think soulforge is the ****. Before you ***** about sets and items or builds. Learn to read tooltips first because there are 2 things all builds would vary due to the weapon and armor enchantment. I'm going to keep uploading my dps scores until I've grouped with everyone in the server and outdpsed them. Then try to talk ****. Get good, don't hate. <3
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Have not posted a single build lol. Love how you think people are trash, ever heard it takes one to know one? I agree that Stalwart set is the best for GF on power, but you're missing the point. Obviously I'm not using set bonuses here. It's not my problem no one reads enchantments and all think soulforge is the ****. Before you ***** about sets and items or builds. Learn to read tooltips first because there are 2 things all builds would vary due to the weapon and armor enchantment. I'm going to keep uploading my dps scores until I've grouped with everyone in the server and outdpsed them. Then try to talk ****. Get good, don't hate. <3
    You do know 2-6% dmg return isn't a lot?

Servers so slow right now
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You do know 2-6% dmg return isn't a lot? Dying loses you a lot more damage.
  • Options
    vrypowrfulvrypowrful Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The fact that you group with randoms proves my point, any decent player has his own group to play with.

Also, no one cares about how much you can try hard your way through trash mobs, lol.

#simplemath
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    vrypowrful wrote: »
    The fact that you group with randoms proves my point, any decent player has his own group to play with.

Also, no one cares about how much you can try hard your way through trash mobs, lol.

#simplemath

Lol, any decent player has a group? Any decent human being that supports themselves has a job too mate. My guildies are slowly getting to 60, we all have families and jobs and are just slower than others. I will have a group soon enough but please, group with some randoms, and try hard YOUR way through these trash mobs and show me some #simplemath of your dps and ACT. You can talk all you want, but you keyboard warriors are just all talk. No screens, no builds, no vids, no contribution to any of the guides/class chat other than, 'he sucks, they suck, you suck'. Good for you kids, but soon enough you'll need to get a job mate, soon enough.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    arktourosxarktourosx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Most groups break down into 2 DC, 1 CW, 1 TR and ______.

Lately a lot more PUGs have been open to the idea of that last slot being a GWF or GF that can deal AOE damage. Obviously other classes (such as CW) can fill it as well. The 2 DC won't go anywhere till they change Astral Shield stacking.
    nwsignature.jpg
  • Options
    mungo112mungo112 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You dare to roll on anything without def and HP as a gf and you'll hear whining and "FAKKING NINJA" for the rest of the dungeon.
    Ignore list getting pretty pretty pretty pretty long.