test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Way to Create More Camp Fires

porkchop81porkchop81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 95
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
So I figured out a way to kind of make more campfires........Kind of. So I put a crystal in my map every here and there and when the player clicks the crystal it activates another crystal to appear at the campfire that will teleport the person back to that spot. As the player progresses there are more crystals and as they activate these it also deletes the older one so that there is only one active at a time. So far it has worked in testing.....whats your guys thoughts?
Post edited by porkchop81 on

Comments

• kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You are able to make teleporters appear and disappear? That's not supposed to be doable.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    Er, you know you can just drag and drop in campfires right? You can make them appear or disappear according to quest objective progression.

In "special" place a respawn point.
  • zekrallmizzrymzekrallmizzrym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    How did you make teleporters appear and disappear? This is something crypt / everyone else on the forum has said is impossible currently.
    Resurrection of Xunvrae - NWS-DNNZST5FJ
    House Arken'etts' power is shattered, to restore this once proud house Xunvrae must return.
  • keylord02keylord02 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    Er, you know you can just drag and drop in campfires right? You can make them appear or disappear according to quest objective progression.

In "special" place a respawn point.

I wish this was true, but maps have only allow 1 campfire in my experience. It goes to 1/1 after you place the one.

This idea of using a teleporter to go to the one campfire room is awesome if you ask me!
    Tomb of Wernar by @Lya
    Short code: NW-DJGYNI7NH

In this old school-style adventure, the hero(es) explore an old ruined castle while searching for a fabled magic item at the behest of a wizard.
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    keylord02 wrote: »
    I wish this was true, but maps have only allow 1 campfire in my experience. It goes to 1/1 after you place the one.

This idea of using a teleporter to go to the one campfire room is awesome if you ask me!

I played a ridiculously short map with pretty much no story and a bunch of encounters, and it somehow had two campfires. Really made me mad as I've got two maps about ten times as large and I'm only allowed one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • moondawg13moondawg13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Respawn Points (Campfires) and Teleporters have no properties that make them appear or disappear. You are only allowed one Respawn Point per map.
    Campaign: The Legend of Snowmane
    Chapter One: In Search of the Legend
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    I played a ridiculously short map with pretty much no story and a bunch of encounters, and it somehow had two campfires. Really made me mad as I've got two maps about ten times as large and I'm only allowed one.

Is it possible that as your encounter number goes up, your maximum campfires also goes up? I don't plan on making anything combat heavy, so I have no way of knowing unless I decide to make a new map to test it out.
    Tomb of Wernar by @Lya

In this old school-style adventure, the hero(es) explore an old ruined castle while searching for a fabled magic item at the behest of a wizard.
  • zekrallmizzrymzekrallmizzrym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    keylord02 wrote: »
    Is it possible that as your encounter number goes up, your maximum campfires also goes up? I don't plan on making anything combat heavy, so I have no way of knowing unless I decide to make a new map to test it out.

Nope its 1 real campfire per map, regardless of the number of encounters. I have a map with 50 encounters and only allowed a single campfire.
    Resurrection of Xunvrae - NWS-DNNZST5FJ
    House Arken'etts' power is shattered, to restore this once proud house Xunvrae must return.
    edited May 2013
    If a map has two campfires then isn't it sort of breaking a rule or something? Seriously. It's not fair people with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> maps get two and us hard workers spending weeks on our maps get one. I'm beginning to suspect foul play.... There's a conspiracy in hyah! And I'm going to seek it out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Good to know. So I guess it's just dependent on the map you're using? Maybe some of the cryptic pre-made maps allow more than one/come with more than one by default?
    Tomb of Wernar by @Lya

edited May 2013
    Maybe Heroes of the North are getting more campfires than the other players? I know it's possible to have more than one campfire for some people because I've seen it, and I've even seen a teleport spawn before, which I apparently cannot do. I want answers now. What's the deal?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe Heroes of the North are getting more campfires than the other players? I know it's possible to have more than one campfire for some people because I've seen it, and I've even seen a teleport spawn before, which I apparently cannot do. I want answers now. What's the deal?

As far as I know, you can only place one campfire per map. Those of you who are saying otherwise, what is the code of a quest that has two on the same map? I've never seen one.
  • porkchop81porkchop81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    Nope you guys were right.....I was hoping for the teleporter idea, but alas it is a no go. :-(
    edited May 2013
    izatar wrote: »
    As far as I know, you can only place one campfire per map. Those of you who are saying otherwise, what is the code of a quest that has two on the same map? I've never seen one.

Nevermind, I think they just duplicated the map and moved the campfire.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • slatraslatra Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The way to get two spawn points is to put the campfire about halfway or wherever you want the second spawn point. Until you reach it, the entrance will be the default spawn point.
    You can't have two campfires but by doing this you will have two spawn points.
    Trading reviews with anyone that is willing to leave a comment/review in either of the following quests:

Hell Gate NW-DT6I0MSEZ Great for a small group of 2-3 friends

Hell Gate: Return NW-DERICH2GY Quick and Simple Hack & Slash
    edited May 2013
    slatra wrote: »
    The way to get two spawn points is to put the campfire about halfway or wherever you want the second spawn point. Until you reach it, the entrance will be the default spawn point.
    You can't have two campfires but by doing this you will have two spawn points.

Thanks! This tip could save a lot of players a lot of walking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Note that you can do the teleporter idea if you are willing to cover up teleport exits. Let's say you have a campfire in an octagonal room -- each of the walls drop down in turn to reveal a portal to the next of a chain of 7 (one side is the regular exit).

Not ideal, but hey.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • ahkronnemesisahkronnemesis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've though about this for large maps and the only way I could think of involves loading a duplicate map.

As the player reaches some point of the map, make it change map into a new, duplicated map, where the spawn point and campfire is at that middle point.

Ugly, but might work if really needed.
    [Campaign] Into the Heart of Time (NWS-DLSK763NH) by @ahkronnemesis
    Chapter I - The Cult of Kairos (NW-DJFINX9KB)
    Chapter II - The Halls of Mortality (NW-DOE3ZC671)
    Chapter III - Paradox ( Soon )
  • jezathforumjezathforum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you could have a gate or fence or door or portculliss to walk through then duplicate map and new campfire on other side?

enjin-393296-13641734601093802493-gray.png
    "There are two things that drive technology forward in a huge leap in this world, one is war and one is business..."-- Timothy Wade 2012
    "If you wish to join a guild, that will be running a guild foundry RP campaign then come take a look at [BLOOD]"
    edited May 2013
    you could have a gate or fence or door or portculliss to walk through then duplicate map and new campfire on other side?

It has to be a map change, so it needs to be an interact, not a "walk through".
    You'll get a load when changing maps tho, and that's always a bit ugly.
  • juravianjuravian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    If you want to be inventive, you can have doors to teleports that are only openable if you have an item. Have something near the return teleporter drop that item.
  • iakkyiakky Member Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I have in one of my quests possibility to teleport back to camp fire from middle of the complex where is tuft boss... however that teleport is of course hiden by the wall until some moment.. the tricky thing is that as you walk around it makes so much noice that anybody can say there is teleport behind that wall.. which in way ruins atmosphere a bit.. but well at least something..
    Like teleport appearing and disappearing (no)option is one of those large "WTF?" about Foundry... Those things that really should be working and you can find thousands of reasons why it should work that way but it just does not... But yeah you can make appear and disappear commode... that is really important for game.. if player would need to go on toilet... Commode is probably more important in this way then teleport.. :cool:
    ID: NW-DBYLAUS93
    ID:NW-DCNH66D94
    edited May 2013
    iakky wrote: »
    Yeah I have in one of my quests possibility to teleport back to camp fire from middle of the complex where is tuft boss... however that teleport is of course hiden by the wall until some moment.. the tricky thing is that as you walk around it makes so much noice that anybody can say there is teleport behind that wall.. which in way ruins atmosphere a bit.. but well at least something..
    Like teleport appearing and disappearing (no)option is one of those large "WTF?" about Foundry... Those things that really should be working and you can find thousands of reasons why it should work that way but it just does not... But yeah you can make appear and disappear commode... that is really important for game.. if player would need to go on toilet... Commode is probably more important in this way then teleport.. :cool:

Use a non magic teleport, like a tunnel entrance one. those make no sound.
  • eb2013eb2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Probably a quest from the early stages of beta. There are some that have some stuff that isn't in the foundry anymore.

Try my quest Tucker's Kobolds, now with an all new map and encounters!
    Version 2.0.2 (5/11/2013)
    NW-DGW8GFH6
    @EB2013

Part II Coming Soon!
    edited May 2013
    Use a non magic teleport, like a tunnel entrance one. those make no sound.

I cant.. it would not make sense in some ways to have there entrance like that.. it has to be magical teleport... Like for those specific places.. There is no logic for tunnel entrance... there is only logic for magical one...
  • boydzinjboydzinj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    iakky wrote: »
    I cant.. it would not make sense in some ways to have there entrance like that.. it has to be magical teleport... Like for those specific places.. There is no logic for tunnel entrance... there is only logic for magical one...

Hmmm.... You could dress it up a bit... use a nonmagic teleport and have a portal texture that intersects it in such a way it appears to a magical teleport. May not be perfect - but close?

Likewise, is there not a teleport of that is just sparklies with no sound and no real textures other than the sparklies? (I am at work and do not have access to the foundry atm.) If there is... do the sparklies teleport and mesh it with a portal graphics that is just an inch or so behind the real teleport... to give it that magical feel.
    edited May 2013
    boydzinj wrote: »
    Hmmm.... You could dress it up a bit... use a nonmagic teleport and have a portal texture that intersects it in such a way it appears to a magical teleport. May not be perfect - but close?

Likewise, is there not a teleport of that is just sparklies with no sound and no real textures other than the sparklies? (I am at work and do not have access to the foundry atm.) If there is... do the sparklies teleport and mesh it with a portal graphics that is just an inch or so behind the real teleport... to give it that magical feel.

I didnt study teleports much... Maybe there is some withtou sound.. I have to check.. I was trying just one... I mean any teleport without sound that is not entrance would do..
    There are any portal graphics? I was looking for some and I didnt found.. like teleport which is detail not teleport...
    But I guess it does not matter... if there is anything that is teleport and it has no sound I can dress it in effects to give it magical feel.. but I have to check if I can get in to game now to check...
  • nwaccount55nwaccount55 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I made a map with two spawn points. That was my limit. I am F2P, not founder, joined on the first day of the open beta.

The quest is The Stormhorn Crypt. I have not been able to find it although I received a message it had been published.
  • boydzinjboydzinj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I made a map with two spawn points. That was my limit. I am F2P, not founder, joined on the first day of the open beta.

The quest is The Stormhorn Crypt. I have not been able to find it although I received a message it had been published.

Even though it is published... it may take a few ADDITIONAL days to queue into the foundry board. best way to search for it is the Foundry code... NX-74205 (or what ever the code is... and that is for the USS Defiant - FYI).
  • nwaccount55nwaccount55 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks, boydzinj. I was wondering what kind of delay there may be.