test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter's grouping: Worst design flaw in MMO history.

2»

Comments

• Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pizzamurai wrote: »
    Most coh grouping was just done through communication. Imagine that, communication in an mmo
    ... what an ancient concept, right?

Standing in zone for hours, "classX lfg for whatever" over, and over, and over and over. Not fun, not productive, and random tools are so much better. Not to mention almost every group where loot mattered, the lead had master looter and took everything, gave stuff to friends, everyone else got squat. :P
  • Options
    pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    Standing in zone for hours, "classX lfg for whatever" over, and over, and over and over. Not fun, not productive, and random tools are so much better. Not to mention almost every group where loot mattered, the lead had master looter and took everything, gave stuff to friends, everyone else got squat. :P

Most of.my parties were assembled through whispering people tagged as Lfg. Spamming chat with lfg was rare aside from strike forces at odd hours.

Not saying that tools are bad... just that half of you will die iin the zombie apocalypse without your twitter and things that do jobs for you <3 =P
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    cocksworth wrote: »
    Yes I'm sure it works great for you but we aren't talking about people who are level 5 and play carebears with their friends instead of being 60 already.

Oh, I thought we were talking about the LFG Tool used by everyone.
  • Options
    gimpinatorgimpinator Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    flayedawg wrote: »
    Yes, but that's not relevant to my point, which was simply to explain to the OP how the queue system works.

Yeah... When you can actually run the challenging content, let me know how that works out for you. For the rest of the non-idiots in Neverwinter, it isn't viable.
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gimpinator wrote: »
    Yeah... When you can actually run the challenging content, let me know how that works out for you. For the rest of the non-idiots in Neverwinter, it isn't viable.

So, are you saying you DID know there was some sort of LFG tool in this game, but chose to claim there simply isn't one, instead of saying, "Please fix your LFG tool so it works better?"

Because, if so, then I'm sorry I wasted my time responding.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

The Gimpinator in action!
    afk_screenshot_12.png
    I'm hardcore yo! You all suck fail!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So, are you saying you DID know there was some sort of LFG tool in this game, but chose to claim there simply isn't one, instead of saying, "Please fix your LFG tool so it works better?"

Because, if so, then I'm sorry I wasted my time responding.

You're mistaking the queue system for the LFM system. Want to know how to use the LFM system? Go to the Social Panel, click on the "Find Party" tab and then faceroll yourself because it doesn't work.

Move along, nothing to see here.
  • Options
    mic281mic281 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I remember a day when you had to find everyone manually. After that you had to run to the dungeon, all of you. I will take any system that allows me to open a menu, click once, wait, then get loaded into the dungeon and back to where I was originally when it is over.

And an after thought. I would rather do a dungeon with 5 "who the hell evers", than wait two hours for a tank to que.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You're mistaking the queue system for the LFM system.

No, actually, I was mistaking the queue system for a LFG system -- which, in every other MMO I know of with an automated LFG system, is a queue system. IIRC, your OP was complaining about the lack of a LFG system, not a LFM system.

Next time, ask proper questions.
    Fare you well
    Nothing to tell
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No, actually, I was mistaking the queue system for a LFG system -- which, in every other MMO I know of with an automated LFG system, is a queue system. IIRC, your OP was complaining about the lack of a LFG system, not a LFM system.

Next time, ask proper questions.

They're both one and the same. You're still a tool.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They're both one and the same. You're still a tool.

/facepalmx3
    Fare you well
    Nothing to tell
  • Options
    eviking420eviking420 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LFM seems to work fine for me.
    But i also noticed a little drop down "Solo and Parties"
    Limits the LIST of peeps, so you only see the real groups.

And hands down, Trion/Rift has the best systems for Grouping/Raiding/PuGing/DungeonFinder