test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter's grouping: Worst design flaw in MMO history.

gimpinatorgimpinator Member Posts: 37
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
[Rant]Who's the moron that approved an MMO for launch without an 'LFG' system?[/Rant]

Thanks for your contributions and I hope there's opportunities for advancement in your career path.
Post edited by gimpinator on

Comments

• Options
    nvmbanelingsnvmbanelings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    uh, there is a lfg system.

it just isn't that good/slow.
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gimpinator wrote: »
    Who's the moron that approved an MMO for launch without an 'LFG' system?

Um ... what??????
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I like the LFG System and I think it works great. I have played other games where there are so few people the LFG Tool is useless. Or no one ever uses it rendering it useless.

This one seems to work and everyone seems to use it :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    uh, there is a lfg system.

it just isn't that good/slow.

You show us how it works and I'll reward you one Cookie, and if you're referring to the zone channel spam, then please don't bother.
  • Options
    jazzneojazzneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    if you look for a good channel join

Nwo-newbie. there alot helpful people there and uncheck your zone
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You show us how it works and I'll reward you one Cookie, and if you're referring to the zone channel spam, then please don't bother.

Hit "K"

Select dungeon, skirmish, or PvP instance to queue for; select "join."

Wait for group.

Did you not know this? If so I can't imagine why you didn't -- the freekin' WELCOME SCREEN allows you to queue for groups right from it. Did you not see that???
    Fare you well
    Nothing to tell
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    flayedawg wrote: »
    Hit "K"

Wait for group.

Did you not know this? If so I can't imagine why you didn't -- the freekin' WELCOME SCREEN allows you to queue for groups right from it. Did you not see that???

That's different than an LFM panel, which this game has. Try again, dolt.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

gimpinator you are being mean.
  • Options
    kaladin32kaladin32 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Same thing essentially.

Just wish it'd quit making groups like 4x CW 1x TR, or 4x TR 1x CW 80% of the time. Very rarely do you get a GF or a Cleric, and even rarer still both (Yes I know about GF/Cleric threat issues).
  • Options
    pwiratgirlpwiratgirl Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    DDO's lfg system is still the best of any mmo, bar none, imo.
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [Rant]Who's the moron that approved an MMO for launch without an 'LFG' system?[/Rant]

Thanks for your contributions and I hope there's opportunities for advancement in your career path.

could be worse.

Even if you find a group, if you rolled either flavor of fighter you're worthless.
  • Options
    reflex2468reflex2468 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the queue system is fine. Stop being <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> at life
  • Options
    lycanthroat78lycanthroat78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    I like the LFG System and I think it works great. I have played other games where there are so few people the LFG Tool is useless. Or no one ever uses it rendering it useless.

I somewhat agree. If the game was better at aggro holding mechanics for GF to make cleric healing viable in groups then this system would be gimpy. A good system would look for a balanced group tank/healer/dps/dps/dps. However, at least at this point in the games current state if the system did that everyone would be sitting around in queues for hours waiting on a queue that either never comes or finally comes and then the tank says "Oh sorry I have to go". At least with the current system it will match you up with someone so you can at least try the dungeon.

On another note this isn't WoW it's D&D. I've played in several groups where no one wanted to be the cleric, wizard, etc. Everyone wants to be the rogue to backstab people (then whine when you won't let them hide in the shadows to backstab that orc because it's broad daylight and you're in the plains) or they want to be the heroic fighter who can smash everything. It's funny when those groups die in pen and paper and it's funny when they die in video games too =)

(the second paragraph had nothing to do with your comment nor was it directed at you I just didn't want to make 2 posts so I lumped it in here)
  • Options
    hosteezhosteez Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LFG/LFM are both a grouping system for MMO's which this game does in fact have.... Quit being a whiny little boy....If you don't like it, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. We don't care...
  • Options
    treize26treize26 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    could be worse.

Even if you find a group, if you rolled either flavor of fighter you're worthless.

To be honest, I don't queue for Dungeons on my GF often because I'm not going to put up with the abuse from people who don't understand how GF threat works. Last time I queued, I had some DPS giving me grief for not holding all the adds aggro in addition to the boss's, despite the fact that that just doesn't work, at least at my level. Too few people understand that a tank is meant to keep the boss's attention while the adds are controlled and burned down before they become out of control, I'd rather just queue as my CW and not have to worry about people flipping out on me because they don't understand my class.
  • Options
    beran1beran1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dont forget the random grouping bug where you have to quit the game to actually leave the group
  • Options
    lycanthroat78lycanthroat78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    treize26 wrote: »
    To be honest, I don't queue for Dungeons on my GF often because I'm not going to put up with the abuse from people who don't understand how GF threat works. Last time I queued, I had some DPS giving me grief for not holding all the adds aggro in addition to the boss's, despite the fact that that just doesn't work, at least at my level. Too few people understand that a tank is meant to keep the boss's attention while the adds are controlled and burned down before they become out of control, I'd rather just queue as my CW and not have to worry about people flipping out on me because they don't understand my class.

I blame WoW for this. AoE taunting was a thing of norm. No one knows how to deal with mobs that haven't been taunted anymore. These people would fail at games like DAoC where there were classes that were nothing but support. No DPS for you, no aggro holding, no healing. Nope your job is to play those 3 songs you know for crowd control.
  • Options
    hardway01hardway01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This combined with his stupid name just removes any desire to help him with a proper answer.

Trolly forum troll is...
  • Options
    losse1losse1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You gotta level for a few mins then you can group.
    "The sum of the whole is this: walk and be happy; walk and be healthy. The best way to lengthen out our days is to walk steadily and with a purpose." -Charles Dickens
  • Options
    krafenkrafen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    Hit "K"

Wait for group.

Unfortunately, the queue system, more often than not, assembles non-viable groups. Commonly, after waiting in the queue for a while and finally getting into the dungeon, within moments players are dropping the group because they see little likelihood of success.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    krafen wrote: »
    Unfortunately, the queue system, more often than not, assembles non-viable groups. Commonly, after waiting in the queue for a while and finally getting into the dungeon, within moments players are dropping the group because they see little likelihood of success.

I got a skirmish group last night (for the raid on the bandit keep, the second one) that was 4 control wizards and a rogue. We managed to finish it, because it's easy (other than the end boss and his freaking couple-extra-zeros health pool), but I think that would have been kind of messy if it'd been a dungeon group with tougher mobs.
  • Options
    adabisiadabisi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hit "K"

Wait for group.

HEHEHE LMAO Everytime I use that tool I get things like a group of 5 rogues...or a mix of toons with no tank and no healers....

Been in a spawned group of all rogues....3 dropped....guess what 3 more rogues joined immediatly....a few drop and a few join and guess what they are not healers of tanks......this tool is not efficient and needs repairs.
    Today we fight the GAULS......monstrous and HAIRY beyond reason.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    krafen wrote: »
    Unfortunately, the queue system, more often than not, assembles non-viable groups.

Yes, but that's not relevant to my point, which was simply to explain to the OP how the queue system works.
    Fare you well
    Nothing to tell
  • Options
    koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited May 2013
    pwiratgirl wrote: »
    DDO's lfg system is still the best of any mmo, bar none, imo.

No...no...no! City Of Heroes/Villains made and broke the mold for LFG systems. No one has ever come close to the flexibility that had. Best character creator and best LFG no matter what else you say about the game.
  • Options
    mdobrowneymdobrowney Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Worst Idea to launch an MMO was to Launch without a Gear and Weapon Preview system. Why do all MMO Devs launch their MMO's without Gear Preview system .. I WANT TO SEE WHAT THE GEAR LOOKS LIKE ON MY DUDE BEFORE I SPEND REAL MONEY ON IT!!! DO you get it DEVS!!!! If you want me to spend money on this game .. Give me a Full HD screen to preview my gear before i buy it. Not some dinky little window where the gear does not even fit on . A Full Screen. AT THat point in the game This is the most important thing to me. I want to fully see what my gear will look like. We are playing D&D here. Roloplaying is Key. So it is very important to know how my guy will look to if his style in the world.
  • Options
    cocksworthcocksworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »

Yes I'm sure it works great for you but we aren't talking about people who are level 5 and play carebears with their friends instead of being 60 already.
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've found the problem isn't with the LFG or queuing systems it's the fact that it's too easy to outlevel the apropriate dungeon/skirmish for the area you're in. When somebody that's doing the regular pve mission chains gets the mission for the dungeon they are too high a level to queue for it.
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    koldmiser wrote: »
    No...no...no! City Of Heroes/Villains made and broke the mold for LFG systems. No one has ever come close to the flexibility that had. Best character creator and best LFG no matter what else you say about the game.

CoH had a lfg tool? I don't remember one, and I played for like 5 years. :)

But I still say DDO's is the best. Start a group, put a "we're doing X dungeon/quests" comment in there, set what classes you want, people can see what classes are already in the group. Great system.
  • Options
    pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have never not had a cleric/GF put into a pug lfg.

Are you guys talking pvp? Cause that happens often enough in pvp.

Coh eventually got a raid group queue. Most coh grouping was just done through communication. Imagine that, communication in an mmo
    ... what an ancient concept, right?
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    koldmiser wrote: »

I forget how the LFG system was there, but you are too right about the character creator, i would play with that for hours. No game has come close to that, sadly.

The DDO one was good, but also toss a bit of WoW where you could queue for a random dungeon of your range, instead of just three specific ones (bring that in here please, sometimes i just want to run one, don't care which). One thing that would be even cooler is if you could have a LFG for foundry, some of those could be fun in a group, but finding one is sometimes a pain.
    HEHEHE LMAO Everytime I use that tool I get things like a group of 5 rogues...or a mix of toons with no tank and no healers....

Some of the best and most fun i've had here has been the crazy group make ups. The one with four CWs and a rogue was INSANE! Fastest run ever, no deaths, nothing lived long or fought back. People need to realize you can run with odd make ups, and need to stop dropping when they see no healer or tank, or kicking those who aren't those classes (and there needs to be penalties for those who do kick so much). With companions, the need for tanks and healers is less too, especially if people play smart.