test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Biggest Flaw of this Game

jellichojellicho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The game takes a huge dive once u hit 60.

Can't get into any groups because I don't have the gear.

Can't get any gear because I can't get any groups.

It's a huge Catch-22 which makes playing this game too frustrating.

The last 5 days I haven't been able to do anything at all.

Tried to join some public queues, always 4 rogues and CW in the party never anything we need to beat the dungeon.

Tried joining some publicly advertised groups, was kicked immediately since I don't have the gear.

Joined a guild but they had no room for another Rogue in the dungeon groups, so I was passed over, been 2 days in this guild haven't been invited to a group once even after asking for 2 straight days.

Game was fun leveling up but once you hit 60 it's either you have the gear or you don't. If you have the gear, you continue to progress, if you don't, then you just stand in Protectors Enclave for 5 days doing nothing.
Post edited by jellicho on

Comments

• Options
    abcyangabcyang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also play a rogue, but I fully expect to roll another toon. If there are too many rogues you have no choice do you. Roll something new that is more needed at end-game.
  • Options
    awdeohawdeoh Member Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    Sorry to hear that dude, but it really sounds like you just need to find a decent guild.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    awdeoh wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that dude, but it really sounds like you just need to find a decent guild.

Even decent guilds have like 1-2 main groups ( basicly friends that play together for years ) and the rest are left to do whatever .

So if you're not a healer or some exceptional dps with godlike enchants and gear you'll be left for dead .
  • Options
    jellichojellicho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    Well I'm certainly glad that the class I decided to level has become worthless once it hits 60.
  • Options
    uvirith1uvirith1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    The biggest flaw in this game is that the only way to make decent ADs is to go into dungeons and steal other peoples blue and purple drops.....
  • Options
    brodofragginsbrodofraggins Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You could always continue to do daily Foundry and PVP's for the Diamonds, (Also buying PVP gear with your Glory and selling them for Diamonds) until you get good gear, that's what most people do while leveling so they have good gear by 60.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Get PvP gear first by ACTIVELY playing.
    But that won't get you reliable spot since you are, like 80% of other players, a rogue. There is over saturation of the class and it will always have a hard time finding group.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They need to warn players before selecting a class that it will be shunned and basically turned to 2nd class citizen status once it hits 60.

otherwise I would have chosen any other class than Rogue
  • Options
    screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you think rogues have it bad think about tanks whose role is almost obsolete in this game lol. I wouldn't know though, playing a CW.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the biggest flaw was probably Cryptic expecting people to play and enjoy the game rather than being total asshats and exploiting everything they can.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    I think the biggest flaw was probably Cryptic expecting people to play and enjoy the game rather than being total asshats and exploiting everything they can.

Nothing to do with it.
    Its each and every MMOs 'problem'.

Everyone(well, most anyway) wants to be a leet ninja striking from shadows and dual wielding blades.
    Thats why so many players choose to play the class. If it was first MMO with it, it could be understandable, but the cycle repeats from MMO to MMO, tons of rogues, class always OP at start and often stays that way, more people jump on it then on the rest classes combioned, "poor" rogues qq they can't find guilds and group spots because for every cleric there is 50 rogues and they always end up blaming everyone but themselves, not seeing the problem of class being overplayed.
  • Options
    uvirith1uvirith1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    You could always continue to do daily Foundry and PVP's for the Diamonds, (Also buying PVP gear with your Glory and selling them for Diamonds) until you get good gear, that's what most people do while leveling so they have good gear by 60.
    daily foundry is 4k ADs for a minimum an hour of gameplay.
    oh, and PvP in this game is even more scam than stealing purplez.
  • Options
    gigplaygigplay Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    Even decent guilds have like 1-2 main groups ( basicly friends that play together for years ) and the rest are left to do whatever .

So if you're not a healer or some exceptional dps with godlike enchants and gear you'll be left for dead .

Quoted for truth. Plus it's near impossible finding a group of reliable/trustworthy people who won't end up jacking your shi_t.
  • Options
    vilocviloc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    The first two epic dungeons are easily doable with no healer or tank

I think I had a 3 CW and 2 TR group and we rolled it in about 20 minutes
  • Options
    cocksworthcocksworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TR isn't close to a shunned class end game I average 8 mil dmg through a T2 run without even beating the final boss and I consider myself under geared (9k). All you have to do is find two DC and a couple CWs and you can steamroll most T2 content. The only people who have room to complain right now are GF and GWFs.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cocksworth wrote: »
    TR isn't close to a shunned class end game I average 8 mil dmg through a T2 run without even beating the final boss and I consider myself under geared (9k). All you have to do is find two DC and a couple CWs and you can steamroll most T2 content. The only people who have room to complain right now are GF and GWFs.

How do you even find a group to do that with?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jellicho wrote: »
    How do you even find a group to do that with?

Ask for DCs in zone chat and you'll be surprised how quickly you can get at least one 9k+ but other than that I joined an open recruitment guild of just 60s. I'm not rolling with face stomping premades but I can get 1-2 DCs for my runs.

Make your own groups don't join others I guess is my tip.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cocksworth wrote: »
    Ask for DCs in zone chat and you'll be surprised how quickly you can get at least one 9k+ but other than that I joined an open recruitment guild of just 60s. I'm not rolling with face stomping premades but I can get 1-2 DCs for my runs.

Make your own groups don't join others I guess is my tip.

I tried that as soon as they saw I was a rogue they left the party
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh my, could the "biggest flaw" as you put it, be that so many of you picked a certain( easy to play) class 'cause you all wanted to be 1trick crit monkeys ? Not really a game design flaw is it..
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you think rogues have it bad think about tanks whose role is almost obsolete in this game lol. I wouldn't know though, playing a CW.

Leveled a GF, got it to 9.1k GS. Rerolled a CW.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    emilemo wrote: »
    Oh my, could the "biggest flaw" as you put it, be that so many of you picked a certain( easy to play) class 'cause you all wanted to be 1trick crit monkeys ? Not really a game design flaw is it..

Why am I looked down on for picking a certain class? This is what I'm talking about.
  • Options
    screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    emilemo wrote: »
    ( easy to play) class 'cause you all wanted to be 1trick crit monkeys ?
    Not really a game design flaw is it..

Isn't it? It isn't? Is it not?

/10 char etc
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I picked Rogue because the combat seemed so fluid during beta, I didn't want to be a healer, GWF seemed too slow for most attacks. Didn't want to be a GF since I dislike shields didn't seem too interesting.

But now I realize I picked a worthless class.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So going back to the thread title, the biggest flaw in this game is picking the wrong class.

If you want to succeed in the game, pick cleric or CW.

Just wish they had told me this before. Thought I could pick a class I liked. I was wrong.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    What is going on in this thread? Where are you guys seeing T2 runs with no TR? Am I in a parallel universe where TRs aren't part of every T2 boss kill in the game?

Neverwinter Twilight Zone ahhhhhhh

edit: BTW before you re-roll a cleric keep in mind everyone who hit 60 on TR or CW is now re-rolling a cleric.
  • Options
    argonacargonac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unlike many other mmo's, a rogue has a definite spot in a party. That said, there's always been an abundance of the melee dualwielding assassin class in every mmo I've played, which is about 20. This trend will not diminish and you indeed need to make friends and get a good guild if you want to continue playing your rogue.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    argonac wrote: »
    Unlike many other mmo's, a rogue has a definite spot in a party. That said, there's always been an abundance of the melee dualwielding assassin class in every mmo I've played, which is about 20. This trend will not diminish and you indeed need to make friends and get a good guild if you want to continue playing your rogue.

Stop playing traditional MMOs then. Plenty of MMOs without melee focus.
  • Options
    lorddevilkunlorddevilkun Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    Good thing exploiters have had no effect on the average player.
  • Options
    x0y1x0y1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jellicho wrote: »
    [...]
    Tried to join some public queues, always 4 rogues and CW in the party never anything we need to beat the dungeon.

Nonsense!

Before people started to "abuse" the kick function or the market got flooded with exploited items. I started my first epic dungeons (event hour) with mostly lvl 60 greens and a few blue items. We did epic Clockwork Tower that 4 rogues and 1 cw (me) and finish it. The last last boss was even pushover. All rogues focus on him and and the cw plays catch me with the adds (easy with all the knockbacks).

Next dungeon was elite Cragmire Crypts. I have done this dungeon with a tank and healer. You know what, we beat it. So yes you could get gear easly from 1 dungeons(-dragon) without the trinity. :p

Now I agree it's mostly we need this or that. Plus random kicks and whatever. Sorry that you miss the "good" game phase......................................
  • Options
    callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you are going to roll one of the most popular classes you need to be AHEAD of the curve..

Guessing you didnt think of that..