test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

this patch made my ping 100 more average.

kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I don't know why, but i am sitting between 200-300 now instead of 100-130. Really unplayable.
Post edited by kaasdoek on

Comments

• Options
    kynttilakynttila Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm having huge delay compared to the pre-patch ping, playing from Finland so it was already just decent enough to play this game.
  • Options
    sirvimsirvim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue here, I'm from the UK, and I have 60 MB DL internet. Yet I am getting on average 200 - 300 ping to the game (Beholder shard) Pre patch it was fine, now I'm useless in PVP and PvE is not much better at all. Fix this **** please guys, Loved the game so far, suddenly not able to play.
  • Options
    slayer7111slayer7111 Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2013
    same here....
  • Options
    timbriustimbrius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have also gotten major lag since the patch with plenty of rubberbanding. When I accept or turn in quests, the amount of latency seems varied. I would describe it as constantly recurring lagspikes. It is unplayable for me as it is. (I am on mindflayer)
  • Options
    alchemydevilalchemydevil Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here in Australia it sits around 200 - 300 ping at all times, but that has ALWAYS been the case for overseas servers. I can understand that your ping is higher than usual, but quite frankly find it difficult to believe that the game in "unplayable" because of it. I have no lag and still am able to compete with other players without trouble with my current ping. The issue may not be the increased ping.... might be another factor you don't see.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Use netgraph to see what sort of latency issue is at fault here; Is it consistent or spiky? Does it happen when you're moving or standing still? Does it happen in specific areas?
  • Options
    paksyetpaksyet Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just wanted to ask how you guys check for ingame ping/latency?
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Turning on ping indicator:
    /netgraph 1

Turning off ping indicator:
    /netgraph 0
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yeah I've only used netgraph to check my ping and it is everywhere, not spikes, constantly at over 200, but with jumps all over theplace, everysecond it can jump as much as 100 ping up or 10 ping below 200, but constantly. it never stays on one number..
  • Options
    v1ctor2kv1ctor2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I haven't noticed any rubber banding or insane lag spikes yet. I did notice however an increase in ping (about 100ms). IDK why the latency issues keep getting worse with every patch, but if it's indeed a population issue, I urge you to reconsider bringing back the queues.
  • Options
    dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mine goes from 250 - 350 all the time and i don't have much of a problem.

The joys of playing from Australia.
  • Options
    par4nauticpar4nautic Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    I'm from Austria central Europe.
    This patch increased my latency as well, about 100 ms to 200-350 average.
    I have also rubber-banding, PvP is now unenjoyable.
  • Options
    v1ctor2kv1ctor2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Forget what I said about the rubber banding and lag spikes. PvP seems pretty much unplayable at the moment with all the rubber banding going on.
  • Options
    llewelyn89llewelyn89 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Australian here too, 150-250 is normal for all OS servers & play is just fine. These servers are pretty good actually, it's lag spikes that kill you, and those are really, really rare for me.
  • Options
    nawdlenawdle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    Oh wow your ping is <300 and it's unplayable?
    Australians are permanently stuck with 300+ (I get >350 always) and I can still play.
    Sure it's irritating getting hit by red that you're clearly not in, but just play slightly more pre-emptively...
  • Options
    jakula1jakula1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here in Australia it sits around 200 - 300 ping at all times, but that has ALWAYS been the case for overseas servers...

As another Australian player I also find it very hard to believe that it is now "unplayable". I have 100/40 Fibre and I still have 200-250 ping at all times. Other games I have played in the past (on a lesser connection) are often anywhere up to about 350/400 and it is still more than playable.
  • Options
    protocol87protocol87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    I haven't been lagging, but when when I zone I've been crashing. Leaving me unable to log back in for like 10-20mins. First day with this problem. No prior problems with game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Loki < The Illuminati > 60 - Control Wizard
    Protocol 60 - Great Weapon Fighter
  • Options
    selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited May 2013
    Me (from sweden) and my friend (from UK) have had alot of "stuttering" since the patch. Skills going of but no damage, other players stuttering around, rubberbanding and you walk up to someone in pvp, use your skill but theres no damage.
  • Options
    anathmaanathma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since patch I get "Server not responding" for about a min before any loading screen finishes. Very annoying.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    any PW Staff want to comment on this please? This is ridiculous. I cannot play this. @ The Aussies, the reason you do not feel the effects of 300 ping as much is because you are used to it. I'm used to playing games with around 30 ping. NOT 300, thats a huge increase in lag and i just can't deal with it.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The problems are not related to the patch, but to a damaged transatlantic cable which affects the data traffic from Europe to the US (in case of Neverwinter). As mentioned and found by makovorn in a different thread, CogentCo (when we play Neverwinter from Europe, our data goes through their network) reported this on their status page at http://status.cogentco.com/ :

Due to a European fiber cut, customers may be experiencing packet loss across the Atlantic. Engineers are currently working to resolve the traffic issue. The issue can be referenced in P1 HD5410047.

A second fiber cut has happened between Southport and Manchester today May 15th at 13:51 CEST which is limiting our backbone and transatlantic capacity in the region, customer may be experiencing packet loss across the Atlantic. Cogent NOC is working with the fiber provider in order to restore the service as soon as possible. The reference for this issue is P1 HD5411396.

This happened right around the time when the maintenance started yesterday, which is why it seems connected. But it isn't. We just have to wait for the cable to get fixed.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    padgemoepadgemoe Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    The problems are not related to the patch, but to a damaged transatlantic cable which affects the data traffic from Europe to the US (in case of Neverwinter). As mentioned and found by makovorn in a different thread, CogentCo (when we play Neverwinter from Europe, our data goes through their network) reported this on their status page at http://status.cogentco.com/ :

Due to a European fiber cut, customers may be experiencing packet loss across the Atlantic. Engineers are currently working to resolve the traffic issue. The issue can be referenced in P1 HD5410047.

A second fiber cut has happened between Southport and Manchester today May 15th at 13:51 CEST which is limiting our backbone and transatlantic capacity in the region, customer may be experiencing packet loss across the Atlantic. Cogent NOC is working with the fiber provider in order to restore the service as soon as possible. The reference for this issue is P1 HD5411396.

This happened right around the time when the maintenance started yesterday, which is why it seems connected. But it isn't. We just have to wait for the cable to get fixed.

hmm that's odd, because i was fine before and now its getting lag spikes every 10-15 seconds. im in the states. so whatever it is i doubt its the Atlantic cable.
  • Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm in the U.S. and have the same issue, also I notice gateway has a serious lag for me that was never an issue before the last patch.
  • Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »

yeah I'm having the issues since the patch and I'm in the U.S. and I've never lagged even when all were complaining about it.
  • Options
    bah74bah74 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep, in the US here as well and my ping is consistently 100ms higher than it was two days ago when I last played. Would be nice to get a comment from the devs on this.

Edit: Yeah, I can't play like this. Walking up to an NPC used to give me the F to talk option instantly and now it takes a couple of seconds to show up. When I go to turn in quests there is a delay to talk, then a delay to open the quest window, then a delay to complete it...you get the point.

Whatever you did, Cryptic, change it back...this sucks.
  • Options
    cavalierkillercavalierkiller Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    beaghan1 wrote: »
    I'm in the U.S. and have the same issue, also I notice gateway has a serious lag for me that was never an issue before the last patch.

Same here.
  • Options
    orangerascalorangerascal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My ping does seem about 50-100ms worse
  • Options
    xdementiaxdementia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patch has severely increased rubberbanding for me too, with skill animations playing twice sometimes, and other times going into CD without doing any damage/healing.
  • Options
    alrycalryc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18
    edited May 2013
    U.S. here also and getting terrible lag, lots of "rubberbanding" no matter what server or character I play.

Occasionally I try to login on a specific character and it just gives me a message "disconnected from login server" and I'm forced to log in again.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I don't know why Americans have that problem too. Could be the same issue since Cogentco has capacity problems due to the damaged fiber, so the bottlenecked European traffic could effect performance in general. If you do a traceroute to the servers, do you go through Cogentco's Boston network?
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!