test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game fixes you would like to see

blake152blake152 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hello everyone! I would like to use this thread to post possible update ideas for changes to make the game more playable or enjoyable. Please keep the comments constructive as we already have enough negative feedback, which does nothing in the long run but make you look foolish. Please clarify the problems you have encountered and possible solutions for fixation. Thanks for your input!

1. Move all in-game currency coins to the currency tab (Yes, this includes zone coins), as it's very hard to balance inventory room when you are carrying multiple zone's coins in your bags.

2. Change the party system so we are able to keep our current groups we had when we joined either an arena or dungeon upon exiting. It's slightly annoying to have to drop my group and re-invite my PvP buddies every single match.

3. Add a vote-kick in arena matches! And please if we lose 2 people can the game not find 2 replacements from the PvP Queue. I know this may not be an easy implementation, but if every other MMO can pull it off, i'm sure your talented developers can find a way.

4. Change the currency used for the respec token to gold. As a brand new MMO currently in an open-beta status I found it very odd that you would choose to make your customers pay for a simple respec. This is an integral part of every MMO, and should not be too much of a heartache to acquire. As it stands with the game still very new and data not being hugely available yet players should not feel "stuck" in the current spec they have because they do not yet have enough zen or have no idea how to get it. You have what i'm assuming is a very successful Zen store, is it really necessary to put that one thing in there?

5. When I click logout, it should not do the same thing as exit game. Please adjust the logout function so it returns you to your character selection screen, not the launcher.

More may be added as I think of them later, thank you for your input!

Edit: Post added from Kalizaar, thanks for the great post!

1. Ditch the Need/Greed loot system and expand their current instanced loot to include equipment drops. The chests (most of them), potions, scrolls, etc currently are instanced per user so they have the capability. Everyone would have a fair chance at getting good loot or simply vendor chance. No more 70 page arguments about Wizards NEEDing on Rogue items, no more party leader switching loot mode at last second to ninja loot, no more worrying if you're clicking need too often. If there's a worry about flooding the market with items, simply adjust the drop rate. Need/greed/pass is an ancient system that has always created such arguments and grief. Can't say I've heard anyone say "Ugh, instanced looting sucks! I got an item and didn't have to grief it from someone else, how stupid!"

2. Related to #1, fix the chests that only let one person loot them so that they are instanced for everyone. I don't know if they're intended, if they're bugged, or if they're old chests that simply got forgotten about in some update.

3. Related to #1 and #2, make profession nodes instanced for every user instead of only allowing one person to loot them. It sort of makes sense that only one person can use them if there weren't profession kits. But now everyone can easily carry stacks of all professions. If there's a worry that this would flood the market with profession goods then simply adjust the drop rate.

4. Make party members (friends and guildmates too maybe) zone into the same map instance. Or at the very least get rid of the timer to switch to a friend. Fixing it so we zone into the proper instance would be better though.

5. Give us more options to spend gold. Maybe even an option to convert gold to Astral Diamonds?

6. Related to #5, why are there so many freaking types of currencies? Consolidate! Seriously, how many different seals, tokens, coins, diamonds, etc. are there?

7. Related to #1-3 in a way, make quest objectives update all party members. Currently some objectives update the whole party, some require each party member to interact with the objective. There seems to be no consistency. Early generation games required each party member to collect their own items, often making them compete for clickies. Recent games learned that this sucks, and made it so anyone could interact with clickies and it would update anyone else in the party (sometimes even outside the party!). Since some of the quests here ARE that way, make them ALL that way please.

8. Add a few more early level quests to teach players how to use the queue system for skirmishes and dungeons, and the social panel to look for groups or party members. Maybe a few tool tips as well. Zone chat will thank you and pledge to have your babies.

9. Add a Trade channel and a quest or tool-tip or something to remind players to use it. Zone chat will thank you and pledge to have more of your babies.

10. Continue to do a good job of making a mostly (see #1-9) awesome game.
Post edited by blake152 on

Comments

• Options
    narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Doubt they will do that, they gotta sell those bags, those currencies are virtually useless anyway.
    2. I can usually requeue upon exiting an arena? Why can you not?
    3. I think maybe its to avoid people comming in at the end of a match cause someone left just to suffer a loss then thats further raging on the forums. I guess its the lesser of the 2 evil rage types I dunno I agree with you but vote/kick doesnt work, they are doing auto afk but if they do not fix replacement not sure how that will help, not to mention game only sees afk after 10 minutes, so not sure exactly how they are implementing it, will see after update today.
    4. 600 zen, you can farm ad and trade it for zen, so you do not HAVE to pay, you can just pay a crapton of diamonds, i feel the system is fine. Pay to get ahead faster, or think about your spec the first time, or spend the time farming it. If you have a job and no time to farm pay 6 bucks, if you are broke and unemployed no excuse not to farm up some diamonds.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would like to see Unicorns added as a mount. That way you can use their daily teleport spell to return the the Protectors Enclave.
  • Options
    bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would like to see AC hit/miss, saving throws, passive chr growth, more chr diversity, RP, and DM interaction.
  • Options
    blake152blake152 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Narathkor did you have anything constructive to say regarding this post? Or would you rather pick apart every letter I wrote with guesswork and speculation? No hard feelings, but I think you completely missed the point of this post, as well as misunderstood point #2.

Edit: Disregard my last statement, after viewing your other deliciously ignorant flame posts I see how this all occurred.
  • Options
    narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol bracer, head to DDO that is 3.5 rules that many of us miss greatly. DDO is just so slow but they followed 3.5 very well.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • Options
    l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Magic carpets and Brothels!
  • Options
    darkwithlessdarkwithless Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like to see a "Switch Character" option in the menu, so I don't have to log out and log back in to use a different one.
  • Options
    visinjivisinji Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Less healing agro for the DC class and a wider ranged taunt for the GF class.

The GWF should be a dps powerhouse. I quit playing mine during the early open beta for founders, so I'm not sure if this was addressed.

They need to fix the auction house search functions.

Make the 'NEED' option on loot, available only for your class during runs.
  • Options
    lordhordelordhorde Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    I`d like to see the autoattacks have the ability to be canceled when you release the mouse button. Right now playing a guardian getting stuck in an animation 90% of the time I need to get out of the way stinks. Soon as I release my mouse button I should cease attacking and be allowed to move. Or give me a few dodges like they have in raiderz that will break the animation and get me out of the way.
  • Options
    dmolisher1dmolisher1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    narathkor wrote: »
    lol bracer, head to DDO that is 3.5 rules that many of us miss greatly. DDO is just so slow but they followed 3.5 very well.

Yep its an awesome game ...
    The best game 2000 +++, exept the growing bugs that doesnt seems to get fixed.
    That killed my fun in the game, and yes i payed for it for 4 years.

Would i do same in Neverwinter, probably if some minor issues were solved.

Basicly this game got alot off potentional even with that crappy ruleset 5, yes it kills the character costumasation:
    I cant make a 2h sword wizard, or a bow wizard.
    Thats what DDO made soo right, making so people could make those unplanned builds.
    I know that would make the Devs work more, because off balancing needed ( because off pvp).
    But i dont care for PVP i care for D&D theory crafting builds, that keeps me distracted for years.

But then i am just an old pen & paper player from digital stoneage.
    Bards are awesome ... music and great tales off adventures.
  • Options
    kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Ditch the Need/Greed loot system and expand their current instanced loot to include equipment drops. The chests (most of them), potions, scrolls, etc currently are instanced per user so they have the capability. Everyone would have a fair chance at getting good loot or simply vendor chance. No more 70 page arguments about Wizards NEEDing on Rogue items, no more party leader switching loot mode at last second to ninja loot, no more worrying if you're clicking need too often. If there's a worry about flooding the market with items, simply adjust the drop rate. Need/greed/pass is an ancient system that has always created such arguments and grief. Can't say I've heard anyone say "Ugh, instanced looting sucks! I got an item and didn't have to grief it from someone else, how stupid!"

2. Related to #1, fix the chests that only let one person loot them so that they are instanced for everyone. I don't know if they're intended, if they're bugged, or if they're old chests that simply got forgotten about in some update.

3. Related to #1 and #2, make profession nodes instanced for every user instead of only allowing one person to loot them. It sort of makes sense that only one person can use them if there weren't profession kits. But now everyone can easily carry stacks of all professions. If there's a worry that this would flood the market with profession goods then simply adjust the drop rate.

4. Make party members (friends and guildmates too maybe) zone into the same map instance. Or at the very least get rid of the timer to switch to a friend. Fixing it so we zone into the proper instance would be better though.

5. Give us more options to spend gold. Maybe even an option to convert gold to Astral Diamonds?

6. Related to #5, why are there so many freaking types of currencies? Consolidate! Seriously, how many different seals, tokens, coins, diamonds, etc. are there?

7. Related to #1-3 in a way, make quest objectives update all party members. Currently some objectives update the whole party, some require each party member to interact with the objective. There seems to be no consistency. Early generation games required each party member to collect their own items, often making them compete for clickies. Recent games learned that this sucks, and made it so anyone could interact with clickies and it would update anyone else in the party (sometimes even outside the party!). Since some of the quests here ARE that way, make them ALL that way please.

8. Add a few more early level quests to teach players how to use the queue system for skirmishes and dungeons, and the social panel to look for groups or party members. Maybe a few tool tips as well. Zone chat will thank you and pledge to have your babies.

9. Add a Trade channel and a quest or tool-tip or something to remind players to use it. Zone chat will thank you and pledge to have more of your babies.

10. Continue to do a good job of making a mostly (see #1-9) awesome game. ;)
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kalizaar wrote: »
    Related to #5, why are there so many freaking types of currencies? Consolidate! Seriously, how many different seals, tokens, coins, diamonds, etc. are there?

This. Far too many currencies, many of which (all the seals) feel nearly worthless.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    malkonis9malkonis9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some things they should add:
    -Particle effects for weapons. on hit effects for rare weapons or use powers
    -utility/more protection/attack/debuff spells for casters. Invisibility,levitate,stoneskin,haste,mirror image,knock,identify,contingency,fly,web,fireball,cloud kill,stinking cloud,color spray & so on
    -Ability to select your element or curse path for wizard. Or pick general caster-less bonus damage but better selection of spells.
    -Wizards can't use staffs or even wear normal robes(they look like their playing dress up) enemy wizards look great & use staffs. I prefer my peasant garb as a 40 wizard since the official attire looks silly.
    -Need more slots for powers. It would at least add to your total abilities available.
    -Casters can't summon anything. I always feel that my wizard is on the run. I suppose that's why you have to use ice powers. At lvl 40 your lvl 15 henchmen doesn't really do the job of holding aggro.
    -using a secondary character as a henchmen. Perhaps just for solo play but you could use your most favorite duo.
  • Options
    isaracisarac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since friendly targeting is difficult, I'd like to see a smart heal that would seek out the lowest health character in the cone if target is empty.

Ground effects for specials would look a lot better than the red ground.

Easier said than done: Increase difficulty and content diversity.
  • Options
    dampfplaudererdampfplauderer Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    - Allow us to switch off the auto-collection of the useless bounty drops
    - An option for "Do not bother me with green equipment", per character, independent from party loot settings
    - allow us to move the loot popups arround, and to scale them, if thats already possible I haven't found the option. Nothing like staring at 5 "you passed" messages during a fight.
    - some of the "telegraph"-indicators are off, especially the dragon PbAoE
    -
  • Options
    mrdisturbancemrdisturbance Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dead when end of game in PVP.
    Will spawn back at last save point in dying condition.
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Allow us to switch off the auto-collection of the useless bounty drops

O, please, yes, that. Actually, I'd rather they just got rid of those bounty drops entirely, but that's just me.
    An option for "Do not bother me with green equipment", per character, independent from party loot settings

That would be cool, too.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    thekaras1982thekaras1982 Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    I only have one subtle 'fix' that I like to see.

I wish the **** NPCs SHUT UP for at least two minutes.
    Yes, I play a Great Weapon Fighter, and I tend to keep it that way ... till the Ranger or Monk comes in. :)
  • Options
    dreadlordmikeydreadlordmikey Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Give the party a way to establish a rez point in dungeons that lack campfires. If you die in a dungeon, you should rez at the nearest rez point or campfire, rather than having to run all the way from the entrance to your party.
    2. Give us a "consolidated inventory" option. (Combine all our bags into one big grid.) I hate having to manage all those bags. For those who don't mind it, this won't affect them. (Don't click the button.)
    3. Do not require an item to be identified unless it has magical properties.
    4. When I level up, allow me to spend all my bonus ability points on one stat if I choose to.
    5. Turn off the "So-And-So earned a Nightmare Mount" messages. I don't care.
    6. Ditch the need/greed loot system in favor of auto-assigned loot.
    7. Fix the issue where "consumables" can't be slotted.
    8. Tone down the frequency with which scripted NPC dialog repeats.
    9. Fix AH searching. In the name of all that is holy, fix this.
    10. Allow me to trade funds between my alts. Not between other players, necessarily, just between my alts. I don't want to lose astral diamonds or zen if I decide to delete a toon to free up space.
    "Over the course of my many years I have learned one thing: I don't know anything, I only think I do. And I'm not even sure about that." -- Rasgard the Wise
  • Options
    aislingiaislingi Member Posts: 140 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    1. Instanced loot for each player. Or at the very least loot priority based on class first, like TERA.
    2. Fix the search functions in the AH. Include a buy out only option.
    3. Add a teleport to party leader option.
    4. Allow me to spend both ability points on one stat.
    5. Allow me to send my alts AD.
    6. Fix the mailbox invisible/dummy mail bug.
    7. Fix cloak/tail physics (minor but something that drives me nuts)
    8. Allow us to disable lockbox winners messages.
    9. Allow everyone in a party to loot all chests and profession nodes. there is no reason why one person needs to race to them. Or at least allow multiple people to tap the thing like Tera.
    I wanna go back to being weird. I like being weird. Weird's all I got, oh, and my sweet style. -Maurice Moss, The IT Crowd
  • Options
    back2workback2work Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1) i want to see companion Unbind fixed... if i pay 35$ for a pet by god i should be able to switch it to anouther toon if i so wish for that price.

2) Remove skill respec from the store.. respects directly influence char progression and should not be required to spend Zen. should cost gold, at worst a couple days of prayer in AD.

3) group / queue fixes .. if i and a friend or two delve 45 min into a dungeon and we loose a couple people we should be able to replace them.. not start all over.

4) disable Cutscene option ... good god im working on my 3rd toon, lvling is boring as hell after the first as it is but all the wasted time with the constant cutsceans makes it worse.
  • Options
    csuszap87csuszap87 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    REALLY TROLL GAME I TESTED IT ARMOR DONT GIVE STATS.

I tested with 1weapon and no armor same damage as 1 weapon with full armor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DAMAGE IS SAME!!!!!!

TY CRYPTIC STUDIOS NICE BETA!!!!! NO STATS FOR EVERYONE Really? This is Alpha TEST??? this is not BETA!!
  • Options
    archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    remove cleric field stacking.
    lock need for ppl that can use item.
    afk fix pvp.
    decrease cleric aggro.
    increase gf aggro.
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • Options
    faydrellefaydrelle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wishlist:

- more armor variety and better armor appearances in general for wizards, who look really haphazard in gear :(

- ability to preview gear before obtaining

- all dungeon loot in groups should already be identified so we know whether we actually need it!

- ability to move the fighter meters (I don't know what these are officially called, but the skill meters close to the middle of the screen are annoying when I'm running around. I want to be able to move it to the edge of screen!)

- ability to turn off chat autocomplete

- better hairstyles for females

- other ways to obtain more inventory space

- ability to rate foundry quests even if they are not completed (I understand that this may be controversial as some folks will comment before they give it a chance, but what about quests that are too difficult and I'm forced to give up? I can't say so via review?)

- consolidate currency (I know this probably won't happen, but starting a game with a pile of different currencies is maddening)

- do something about loot pop ups during group dungeons. Don't want these in my face when I'm trying to fight!

- less knock downs. Maybe I just stink at melee, but I'm tired of getting slammed on the ground.

- remove nightmare announcements. ugh.
  • Options
    tirwen1tirwen1 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to see a tab for quest items. Nothing like having your inventory clogged with quest items/bounty items.

And I'll second on the cleric aggro. It's just insane.
  • Options
    tirwen1tirwen1 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aislingi wrote: »
    4. Allow me to spend both ability points on one stat.

Number 4 isn't allowed in 4th Ed D&D, which is the basis of the game.
  • Options
    switchngcswitchngc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    blake152 wrote: »
    1. Move all in-game currency coins to the currency tab (Yes, this includes zone coins), as it's very hard to balance inventory room when you are carrying multiple zone's coins in your bags.

Haven't played many Cryptic/PWE games have you? They will fill your inventory with all kinds of worthless things you feel you need to keep that other, more successful MMOs, provide in a way that doesn't kill your inventory, so that you spend money (or someone does) to buy bags.
    5. When I click logout, it should not do the same thing as exit game. Please adjust the logout function so it returns you to your character selection screen, not the launcher.

STO had this issue for a long time (basically launch until a few months ago, surprised they decided to undergo all the complaints here too rather than apply the STO fix to NW)

OK... I have more but posting from my phone is a pain so I'll continue when back to my computer.
  • Options
    switchngcswitchngc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    switchngc wrote: »
    OK... I have more but posting from my phone is a pain so I'll continue when back to my computer.

And Home.... So....

I think, if I remember right, I counted 18 distinct "currencies" (before the most recent "season" which added even more) and that didn't count "Commodities". In addition... That was after they did a huge consolidation to reduce the number of currencies. They tend to add a new one for everything they add to the game (as a sort of gating mechanism to keep people from having the new items right away). I can hope for it to be different in NW, but not holding my breath.
    2. Fix the search functions in the AH. Include a buy out only option.
    That would be nice... STO's Auction House was (and still is) a royal pain...
    5. Allow me to send my alts AD.
    Not sure if it is an exploit or just an innovative use of Game mechanics, so I won't go into how... But there is a way to transfer your AD between characters, at least most of it. I've used it to do so in STO, which has basicaly the same system.

8. Allow us to disable lockbox winners messages.
    Not going to happen. This was requested quite a bit in STO once the PWE Lockbox model was added to the game. If I remember correctly, the Devs flat out stated that they wouldn't and gave some PR Cover story... but it basically boils down to in game advertizing for an item that SOMEONE has to spend real money to open **

In an item that is related to the logout thing... This only really applies to anyone that had a Cryptic account before they merged with PWE... Your PWE Username has to be different than your Cryptic one AND if you had your games remember your Username before the merger happened then ALL of your Cryptic/PWE games (including Neverwinter) remember the old Cryptic Login (which doesn't work anymore) meaning that, when you log out and get put back in the login screen it has your old username there which you then have to delete and retype your new one. This is an issue that Cryptic/PWE have known about since the merger of the 2 (over a year ago) and something they stated they were working on in STO. They have stated that it is an issue on their servers (nothing you can do client side to fix it) but after over a year still haven't fixed it. I think them finally adding a switch characters button instead of having to log out was their solution to the problem in STO (and since it seems that a considerably smaller number of prior Cryptic (not Cryptic/PWE or pure PWE) users seem to be playing Neverwinter it looks like it is a problem that is just going to persist.

** While you can buy Z-Store things with AD from the AH that aren't bound, someone had to buy them with Zen in the first place. Also, while you can buy Zen with AD and not spend any actual $$$, you are buying Zen from other players, meaning those players had to have spent real $$$ to get the Zen. Also, unlike Champions Online and Star Trek Online, there is no "Lifetime Subscription" in which you get a monthly Stipend of Zen, so all the Zen is actually paid for by someone.
  • Options
    outofluckcatoutofluckcat Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like for my toon to not sound like a zombie when he jumps. Anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix? Its annoying as hell, but maybe I am just too OCD or something.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would like for my toon to not sound like a zombie when he jumps. Anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix? Its annoying as hell, but maybe I am just too OCD or something.
    This is quite annoying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]