Options

/Zone AD exploiters

jasbinsjasbins Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
edited May 2013 in Off Topic
So, i've so angry while on /zone!
i've seen lots of players trying to sell enchanted keys for more than 50K AD

"Yah, but you cant say how much it worths"
WRONG!!!!!
If you can buy it at the NPC for LESS than that, it's exploiting who does not knows that, and that's WRONG!

"Why so revolted?"
because, people BUY IT!

So, my sugestion is: reporting them for spamming, so they can't try to sell it again for 24H.
i want to make them learn not to rob innocent players!

If you agree with me, then help me silencing all those players.
if not, just ignore me!
15.jpg

Jasbinschek D' Forc - GWF lvl 60 8.5K GS (for now)
Post edited by jasbins on

Comments

• Options
    braxzanabraxzana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, an enchanted key costs 125 zen. The zen market allows the price of zen to range from 50 to 500 Astral Diamonds. So the price of a 125 zen key can be anywhere from 6,250 astral diamonds up to 62,500 astral diamonds. Last I checked, the rate was actually somewhere in the 300 - 400 AD range per zen. So, less than 62,500 but not a HUGE amount less. At 300 AD per zen, it would be 37,500 astral diamonds to get 125 zen and an enchanted key and I doubt the market is THAT low, yet.

Bottom line, though, if someone's willing to pay for it.... Caveat Emptor.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    braxzana wrote: »
    Well, an enchanted key costs 125 zen. The zen market allows the price of zen to range from 50 to 500 Astral Diamonds. So the price of a 125 zen key can be anywhere from 6,250 astral diamonds up to 62,500 astral diamonds. Last I checked, the rate was actually somewhere in the 300 - 400 AD range per zen. So, less than 62,500 but not a HUGE amount less. At 300 AD per zen, it would be 37,500 astral diamonds to get 125 zen and an enchanted key and I doubt the market is THAT low, yet.

Bottom line, though, if someone's willing to pay for it.... Caveat Emptor.
    that's true, though, what i am trying to say is, for example:
    NOW one key would cost 44,750 AD. If you try to buy it from some player, he would try to sell for AT LEAST 70K AD.

Now, if the key were worthing around 60K AD at "NPC" they would try to sell for 100K +

ATM 1 zen = 358 AD.
    15.jpg

• Options
    lordtureilimlordtureilim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    No merchant will ever try to make a flat-rate conversion...Everyone wantsto up their profits.

As long as people buy these trumped up keys, they'll keep putting it up at that price...Like everything else...Want it to change? Don't throw diamonds at them.
    "The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time. "
    What better happen when Paladins are introduced someday...A glorious union it shall be.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No merchant will ever try to make a flat-rate conversion...Everyone wantsto up their profits.

As long as people buy these trumped up keys, they'll keep putting it up at that price...Like everything else...Want it to change? Don't throw diamonds at them.

There is no profit in it, they buy it from the NPC and try to sell to other players for almost twice the value they bought, which is unfair...
    what i mean is, they dont buy it for 46K and try to sell it for 50K.
    they buy it for 46K and try to sell it for 70K, dont you think it's unfair?

i wont throw diamonds at them, i hope that NO ONE throws diamonds at them, that's why i am here, to help other players...
    i want to discourage them, by silencing them, so they cannot try to sell it again.
    15.jpg

• Options
    lordtureilimlordtureilim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    It's unfair in the extreme. But that's the internet for you. There's no scamming rule against outrageous prices. He's not giving you a look-a-like item. If you cave in and take their bull-aherm- Their crappy prices, you WILL get what is advertised, but the problem is, if there's no good deal for you...You'll have to wait, because good luck crossing 3 language barriers and the barrier of greed in order to "Talk sense" to our lovely merchant friends.
    "The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time. "
    What better happen when Paladins are introduced someday...A glorious union it shall be.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It's unfair in the extreme. But that's the internet for you. There's no scamming rule against outrageous prices. He's not giving you a look-a-like item. If you cave in and take their bull-aherm- Their crappy prices, you WILL get what is advertised, but the problem is, if there's no good deal for you...You'll have to wait, because good luck crossing 3 language barriers and the barrier of greed in order to "Talk sense" to our lovely merchant friends.

i tried to talk sense, they wont listen, i know that...
    i also know that we have to hit where hurts more, silencing them will make them STOP!
    they will not only stop selling keys for bad prices, but they wont sell anything for 24hours...

they spam it anyway, so it's not "wrong".
    i want to unite all the players that find it wrong and try to stop that.

not only that but some others scams, everything that's ridiculously wrong and nonsensical.

Let me tell you a little quick story.

I used to play another MMORPG aroung 6 years ago, and in this game there was a "item selling price list" with MOST of the itens in game, i helped to build it, i was happy with that, i was being usefull!
    after some little time, all players were visiting the forums (it was a thread on the forum) to check if the prices were all right, and buy it if were.

i thought of start doing that HERE, but all the prices are still changing a lot.

My desire is to clean up those players who cant sell items honestly.

BTW, sorry for my bad english.
    15.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Eh, your english is fine. But you'll need to push hard to make things stabilize quicker. Or at all. These exploits are gettin kinda nuts. Good luck to you. I'll be the guy who avoids the AH like it's a plagueborne charnel house.
  • Options
    mountain45mountain45 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well in WoW i bought 10 copper tubes for 10 silver from a vendor and sold them on the AH for gold a piece..

it happens and if you can get them cheaper speak up in /zone chat and let others know this.. it might stop them
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Eh, your english is fine. But you'll need to push hard to make things stabilize quicker. Or at all. These exploits are gettin kinda nuts. Good luck to you. I'll be the guy who avoids the AH like it's a plagueborne charnel house.

im buying only what's necessary, like some shards or runestones...
    i am trying to make it stop, new players do not know that keys can be bought at NPC, they do not know that you can buy boxes for 200AD each at the NPC.

now they are trying to trade 2 keys for a 1K zen ward, sounds funny to me.
    mountain45 wrote: »
    well in WoW i bought 10 copper tubes for 10 silver from a vendor and sold them on the AH for gold a piece..

it happens and if you can get them cheaper speak up in /zone chat and let others know this.. it might stop them
    yeah, i tried that, but i cant be there all the time, can i?
    also, everytime i say that, i get aroung 5 whispers asking me "which NPC?", and i got silenced once for "spamming" after i said the same thing at /zone TWICE.
    15.jpg

• Options
    svannstonesvannstone Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jasbins wrote: »
    So, i've so angry while on /zone!
    i've seen lots of players trying to sell enchanted keys for more than 50K AD

"Yah, but you cant say how much it worths"
    WRONG!!!!!
    If you can buy it at the NPC for LESS than that, it's exploiting who does not knows that, and that's WRONG!

"Why so revolted?"
    because, people BUY IT!

So, my sugestion is: reporting them for spamming, so they can't try to sell it again for 24H.
    i want to make them learn not to rob innocent players!

If you agree with me, then help me silencing all those players.
    if not, just ignore me!

I think you are abusing the spam system, and I think you should be penalized for it.
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    would someone mind enlightening me how I can trade AD (Which I assume means astral diamonds) into ZEN?
    I might have overlooked an option there!

TY,
    NE
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    xnarcissisticcxnarcissisticc Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What's wrong with the maker of this thread. Do you ever go outside?
  • Options
    grokit4chgrokit4ch Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    .... And some people buy runestones at 2k AD and sell them at 11k AD when prices are high.

Wait wait, isn't it the rule of "buy low sell high" ? Isn't it what every reseller in the real world do ? If you are stupid enough to buy those items because you don't know the game, then it's a bad luck for you.

But anyway, I don't know where you saw that you can buy these keys for less than 46k...

And no, it's not an exploit, unlike GF one shotting every monster.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    grokit4ch wrote: »
    .... And some people buy runestones at 2k AD and sell them at 11k AD when prices are high.

Wait wait, isn't it the rule of "buy low sell high" ? Isn't it what every reseller in the real world do ? If you are stupid enough to buy those items because you don't know the game, then it's a bad luck for you.

But anyway, I don't know where you saw that you can buy these keys for less than 46k...

And no, it's not an exploit, unlike GF one shotting every monster.

you're saying about people that dont know the game, but you dont know how to buy keys for AD at the AD->ZEN merchant.
    Also,if i buy healing pots for 7 silver each and sell to you for 1 gold each, will i be doing something wrong?

it is an exploit, not from the system, but from the players.
    What's wrong with the maker of this thread. Do you ever go outside?

i actually do "go outside"...
    would someone mind enlightening me how I can trade AD (Which I assume means astral diamonds) into ZEN?
    I might have overlooked an option there!

TY,
    NE
    third button from left to right on your top bar
    svannstone wrote: »
    I think you are abusing the spam system, and I think you should be penalized for it.

hmmmmm...
    nope, they actually spam it, so im not abusing...
    15.jpg

• Options
    modgesteddomodgesteddo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I needed a good lol- thanks for the read
  • Options
    zorpennzorpenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Thats not exploiting, thats scamming, and as far as i know scamming is not punishable. Its buyer choice to buy that key for 50k AD.
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zorpenn wrote: »
    Thats not exploiting, thats scamming, and as far as i know scamming is not punishable. Its buyer choice to buy that key for 50k AD.
    so you did not read anything...
    i do not want the mods to punish them, i want to make it myself, with the help of every player that agree with me...

if you see them in /zone trying to sell those keys, just report as spam (since they're posting more than once, ofc).

BUUT as i see now, they are trying to trade coalescent wards for key, in a rate of 2 keys for 1 coalescent...
    let's see:
    2 keys = 250 zen
    1 coalescent = 1,000 zen

seems legit...
    15.jpg

• Options
    pepepoepepepoe Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    So who or where is this NPC that sell's key's i have not come across one ?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pepepoe wrote: »
    So who or where is this NPC that sell's key's i have not come across one ?

it's not exactly a NPC, click on the third button at your top bar (from left to right), exchange AD for zen, buy key for zen at the zen store.
    15.jpg

• Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    resellers are worst part of mmos but they are there i wish some mmo would decide to kill them by allow only 1 trade per item and then becomes bound ,btw when items sale start ad exchange will fast get to 500 ad per zen thx to them look what they did in sto u could buy lock box key there for 1m and since items sale started few months back keys are now 2m or more
  • Options
    vaelyrvaelyr Member Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    I don't see what the big deal is. If people are too lazy to exchange zen, or don't bother learning about it, then why shouldn't they pay that amount?
    Do you ever go out to eat? You think that it's a ripoff that you a buying a salad/burger for 10 bucks when making it yourself would be cheaper? I know it isn't exactly the same, but it is similar; people are just paying for convenience, are they not?
    If you are at the grocery store shopping and you see an item that you need but know is cheaper at the store down the road, do you buy it from the store you are at? Most people will.

Ahhh I started the 2 keys for a ward trade on Mindflayer ;P
    Wards aren't worth 1000zen, and the AD prices reflect that. You can get them in game, so any smart person would check the auction house and see that they are between 100-150k depending on the day. I'm sorry for those who have bought Coalescent wards through the zen store, because I have made similar mistakes in the past.. ;)
  • Options
    slyteshslytesh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jasbins wrote: »
    i tried to talk sense, they wont listen, i know that...
    i also know that we have to hit where hurts more, silencing them will make them STOP!
    they will not only stop selling keys for bad prices, but they wont sell anything for 24hours...

they spam it anyway, so it's not "wrong".
    i want to unite all the players that find it wrong and try to stop that.

I think they should ban people like you for abusing the "Report Spam" function, because apprently selling stuff is legit, while trying to mute people for doing business is abusing/exploiting the report spam mechanic.
    (Besides actual spammers, not the people who type in zone once in a while)

Nothing wrong there regardless. If people want to buy for high prices it's their decision. Simiarly if they sell items for low prices.