test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

1st of May, time for Requests and Commissions

cakuucakuu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
edited May 2013 in Art and Fiction
With all slots filled, requests are now closed! I'll be posting the finished pieces here as they're completed. Thanks everyone! :)

Hey guys!

I'll open up the month with a free request list. The first 5 to bequeath their character's likeness to me will receive a gift in return: a small avatar of cuteness. Do not submit if you believe you hate things small and adorable. ;) I cannot guarantee your character's sanity will remain in-tact. Do not feed them sugar after midnight.

Later, I will open up commissions in trade for in-game items. Free requests will be done in-order of posting (barring any disqualifications- read below) over the course of the month.

Format: Character name and Screenshot (required). Can be followed by a brief description if some details are lost (ie eye color, scars, tattoos, hair arrangement, etc.).

Take a good shoulders-up screenshot of your character, since this will be a portrait. Pressing B in game will enable a free-roaming camera so you can zoom in as needed. As for the description, if you post something akin to a novel I will not parse through it, please only include the relevant details in one or two sentences. :)

Note: These are cute portraits, not serious ones. Neverwinter characters only. If you post your request and then edit it later, (a la "FIRST!"), your edited post-stamp tag will be used to rank you instead of your place in the thread. I also reserve the right to disqualify people who are being a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, or post something absurd.

Hope to see some entries soon! I will check back later.

Request list:
1. dreadwaffle
2. isidrakhalsa
3. psireaver
4. tharkan
5. kinsaeda

With all slots filled, requests are now closed! I'll be posting the finished pieces here as they're completed. Thanks everyone! :)
Post edited by cakuu on

Comments

• dreadwaffledreadwaffle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you very much for doing this! I've always wanted a character portrait done, and would love the cute style as well. I normally play dwarves, but oddly enough decided to go with a Halfling at first for Neverwinter, and ended up with the dashing fellow below. Here's Brolivan Briarfoot, Halfling Heartbreaker. Nothing really notable outside of the images, and I hope they're enough!

Screen+Captures.jpg
  • cakuucakuu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    awesome! You're first on the list :D
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would but they don't have Lizzardman as a playable race yet :(
  • isidrakhalsaisidrakhalsa Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can't resist a cute avatar. :>

Isidra Khalsa! Half elf and a not-so-Devoted Cleric.

330b6a1.png

Pale green eyes, strawberry blonde hair (as close as I could get it, at least).

Ignore the beginners gear; waiting on a friend to play with them.~
  • cakuucakuu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    you're #2, isidrakhalsa! and I dare say, she's already cute as a button. ;)
  • psireaverpsireaver Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks so much for your generous offer. I'd be thrilled to receive one of your avatars of cuteness for my drow wizard Khalas.

khalas.png
    edited May 2013
    Oh you~ :o
    edited May 2013
    and you will have it, ser! that's #3! :)

Two spots left! Any other brave souls that wish to submit to the avatar of cuteness? :o
  • tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sure, why not.

Here's my Tiefling Great Weapon Fighter, Bregwyn Firehide (please excuse the hair clipping through the body, don't really know why that's happening)
    g8nu1rMh.jpg
    04JFZJXh.jpg
    uq0YyU9h.jpg

If these pictures aren't good enough, just tell me, and I will retake the pictures (just as soon as I figure out how to zoom into the head. Anyone know how?)
    edited May 2013
    Excellent! That's #4!

Is there still one lurking, unsure?
    edited May 2013
    Press B to go into inspect mode and use the mouse wheel to scroll in and out.
    edited May 2013
    Press B to go into inspect mode and use the mouse wheel to scroll in and out.

All that does is give me a close up of my stomach. I want to have a close up of my head, or does the camera in NW work similar to how the camera in TERA works?
    edited May 2013
    tharkan wrote: »
    All that does is give me a close up of my stomach. I want to have a close up of my head, or does the camera in NW work similar to how the camera in TERA works?

Ah, sorry then. I haven't played TERA so I'm not sure. I didn't have trouble with my method, but perhaps my character is shorter than yours? Wish I could've been of more help.
  • kinsaedakinsaeda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This count I hope? :D

Rajpic_zps44bb4d59.jpg
    edited May 2013
    absolutely, kinsaeda! And with that, you're #5 and requests are now closed! :D

I'll post the final results here as I complete them. Muahah-- er, I mean, I hope you are all looking forward to this as I am! :>
    edited May 2013
    cakuu wrote: »
    absolutely, kinsaeda! And with that, you're #5 and requests are now closed! :D

I'll post the final results here as I complete them. Muahah-- er, I mean, I hope you are all looking forward to this as I am! :>

Hate to be a bother, but do you know when they will be done? I don't mean to sound impatient or anything, but I am pretty sure I speak for all of us when I say that we are anxiously awaiting the results.
    edited May 2013
    They'll be done over the course of the month, usually weekends since that's when I have the most time :)

I should have one done later today!

Unrelated, this is a commission I did for Steppenkat in trade for a rare leadership asset :)

tumblr_mmoprfuqWx1ru7aa5o1_500.jpg
    edited May 2013
    Here you go Dreadwaffle! May Brolivian stab many a fine person in the heart :b

tumblr_mmt2a3yVtt1ru7aa5o1_400.jpg
  • psireaverpsireaver Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They're both stunning.
  • dreadwaffledreadwaffle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Aha! Breakin' hearts is going to be quite easy with this cute mug. And what city guard is going to be able to throw me in jail once he sees this?! :3

Thank you so much!
  • unah1unah1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Oh these are so great.

Cakuu you are an angel, but you already know I think this of you!!!
    ~~~~~Maeve Trinity :: Una Shinkicker~~~~~
    Grievance
    LiveStreaming (almost) Daily!