test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dupes? Theare are already item dupes? Please tell me this screen shot is fake.

notdrizztnotdrizzt Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Passed around in Zone chat as some Guardian Fighter exploit, but look at the gear. It's all the same amulet. What the what?

dupeornot.jpg
Post edited by notdrizzt on

Comments

• Options
    steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same drop from a boss, not dupes.

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...and the rumor mill begins.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    steampunky wrote: »
    Same drop from a boss, not dupes.

-Rachel-

Yeah but so many?

You would have to clear the dungeon like 30 times.

Oh. I found the GF thread. Didn't know it was possible for them to exploit and solo dungeons. Lol I'm behind the times.

Wonder why Cryptic didn't notice the huge amount of AD that person had and at least investigate them. I mean the game is 10 days old and he has 87 million. Not suspicious in the least.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yep. With a specific exploit that player was able to clear the dungeon by hitting each enemy in it 1 time each. He then proceeded to do the dungeon, repeatedly, solo. It took about 6 minutes to do it and he did it for the better part of 3 hours. Picking up only purples.

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yep. With a specific exploit that player was able to clear the dungeon by hitting each enemy in it 1 time each. He then proceeded to do the dungeon, repeatedly, solo. It took about 6 minutes to do it and he did it for the better part of 3 hours. Picking up only purples.

-Rachel-

Lol that is just terrible. Cryptic caught him, right?

Does the exploit have anything to do with their epic set? Lots of GF's spamming Zone chat looking for certain pieces that are not on the AH. Never seen so many asking for the same set.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    This is terrible for the economy of the game. So now the AH get flooded with cheap epics.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    That's the one, though I won't go into the exploit, here, as it's against forum rules.

And yeah. It's going to be patched. And spit will hit the fan over it, I'm certain.

Personally I'm hoping for a server wipe at the end of Beta with a Zen refund.

-Rachel-
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's a new exploit going on that lets people 1 shot dungeon bosses.... seriously Cryptic must fix this quick.

I'm sure it's at the top of their list, but even more important than fixing the exploit is bringing down the banhammer on the exploiters.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    raaizeraaize Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's the one, though I won't go into the exploit, here, as it's against forum rules.

And yeah. It's going to be patched. And spit will hit the fan over it, I'm certain.

-Rachel-

That won't happen. The zen refund I mean.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    I'm sure it's at the top of their list, but even more important than fixing the exploit is bringing down the banhammer on the exploiters.

I agree...
  • Options
    edited May 2013

-Rachel-

After this becomes public, I am sure that or massive rollbacks will be their only course of action.

I would rather have a full wipe and a clean start over a rollback though.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    raaize wrote: »
    That won't happen. The zen refund I mean.

Maybe not. Specifically I mean like they did it for the closed Beta wipe. Any zen you purchased was returned to your wallet. It was still tied to Neverwinter, though, so you couldn't move it to CO or STO or get your money back.

It was just "Wipe all the characters, give people their Zen to re-spend on the new characters"

-Rachel-
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    87 Million AD WTF??? How you earn that much ?
  • Options
    isaiahlee1972isaiahlee1972 Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't be surprised if thee was a dupe, but no that's just some GF being funny by laying out all his gear in a perfect way and taking a SS.

Nice AD balance. Come on PWEC, don't tell me that didn't tip you off to him cheating!
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, they'll probably have to do a rollback or wipe with refunds. It'll be the last straw for me though. This isn't the sequel to the Neverwinter Nights games that I wanted, or an MMO I'll last long with. That being said, I won't be surprised when nothing happens at all except for a few ineffectual bans to people that already have alternate accounts with their ill-gotten gains. (Unless they do indeed have metrics that let them bring laser like focus on the exploiters. That's possible, although there will be some lifeless diehards inevitably caught up in it I'm sure.)

The leveling process is so fast even without exploiting that I literally out leveled mad dragon and have managed only one go at each dungeon before out leveling it. Currently level 49. At this rate, what would I buy from the cash store? Power ups to clear content that's already clearable? So that I can run it faster and mill out purple gear on the AH for astral diamonds I'll never need to spend? Sure. I'll get right on that.

Heck, I need to get to level 60 just to catch the respec cost which is rather moot by that point in my view. At worst you'd be paying to remove a handicap that you managed to play around for 60 levels. Whoopie.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    spacejew wrote: »
    Yeah, they'll probably have to do a rollback or wipe with refunds.

Wipe with refunds would be the best thing here. The game is still new and if they do a rollback, how far do they need to roll back? This GF bug was here from launch.

They need to wipe and give everyone a fresh start.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    All this cheating and exploit is really disheartening... I detest cheaters/exploiters.... this is killing my appetite for the game. As much I'd hate it I'd vote for a wipe if I can. Fix the exploit and let everyone start off a clean slate, return all their purchased zen to them. But yeah.. it's a pipe dream..
  • Options
    krazed59krazed59 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    People have earned hundreds of millions of AD from the quest sharing exploit that just got fixed today and they haven't done a rollback for that. They won't do one for this either.
  • Options
    vestige321vestige321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

-Rachel-

Lol Zen refund. Yeah, they'd give you your money back. HA HA HA
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    krazed59 wrote: »
    People have earned hundreds of millions of AD from the quest sharing exploit that just got fixed today and they haven't done a rollback for that. They won't do one for this either.

People made millions off Dragon Eggs? I bought a ton of them for around 20K AD yesterday before the prices went back up. I will MAKE AD now that the exploit has been fixed and they are around 140k though.

I guess if you were holding on to your Eggs, you can make money. But this is a MUCH worse exploit than farming a useless quest that yields at best 1 purple per hour.
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Eh, the same beauty of F2P is it's own downfall. It attracts new players constantly but a ton will leave and spread terrible word of mouth if they tank it now. I don't think very many people are die-hard addicted to Neverwinter yet, although there are probably some who are very tied to it because of their pocket book at this point. I'd accuse them of a 'bait and switch' retail tactics if they wipe at this point. Realistically though, they're just victims of their own design and roll out strategy.

Honestly, after reading about the history of the development for this game I'm so incredibly zero percent surprised it's been a total disaster. I think that in places I can almost glimpse the game Neverwinter was before PWE got involved.

From this time last year:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/05/31/perfect-world-acquires-cryptic-studios/

Note the comments in that article, by the way ^_-
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vestige321 wrote: »
    Lol Zen refund. Yeah, they'd give you your money back. HA HA HA

If they wiped, they might not have a choice. They represented that there would be no more character wipes. If they wiped and didn't offer refunds, there'd be an excellent case for fraud against them.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    spacejew wrote: »
    Eh, the same beauty of F2P is it's own downfall. It attracts new players constantly but a ton will leave and spread terrible word of mouth if they tank it now. I don't think very many people are die-hard addicted to Neverwinter yet, although there are probably some who are very tied to it because of their pocket book at this point. I'd accuse them of a 'bait and switch' retail tactics if they wipe at this point. Realistically though, they're just victims of their own design and roll out strategy.

Honestly, after reading about the history of the development for this game I'm so incredibly zero percent surprised it's been a total disaster. I think that in places I can almost glimpse the game Neverwinter was before PWE got involved.

From this time last year:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/05/31/perfect-world-acquires-cryptic-studios/

Note the comments in that article, by the way ^_-

That was two years ago, not last year.
  • Options
    rhazes1rhazes1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    This game is a joke.
    I spend all day reading every thread and letting people know this is BETA.
  • Options
    krazed59krazed59 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    People made millions off Dragon Eggs? I bought a ton of them for around 20K AD yesterday before the prices went back up. I will MAKE AD now that the exploit has been fixed and they are around 140k though.

I guess if you were holding on to your Eggs, you can make money. But this is a MUCH worse exploit than farming a useless quest that yields at best 1 purple per hour.

Clearly you weren't doing it at launch when Dragon Eggs were selling for 250k each. Lots of people were, however, because the bug had been known since closed beta.
  • Options
    jcfisher3rdjcfisher3rd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

-Rachel-

hyf5Uo2.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    krazed59 wrote: »
    Clearly you weren't doing it at launch when Dragon Eggs were selling for 250k each. Lots of people were, however, because the bug had been known since closed beta.

They were 250K a piece? Holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Still, some Ancient gear is still around 200K, and you can farm 15+ pieces in an hour as a GF. Still better than 1 Dragon Egg every hour.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They were 250K a piece? Holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Still, some Ancient gear is still around 200K, and you can farm 15+ pieces in an hour as a GF. Still better than 1 Dragon Egg every hour.

Are we really comparing exploits? That's like asking a guy which kick to the nuts hurt more, #1 or #2.
  • Options
    cocksworthcocksworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    notdrizzt wrote: »
    Passed around in Zone chat as some Guardian Fighter exploit, but look at the gear. It's all the same amulet. What the what?

dupeornot.jpg

There are currently two working unfixed exploits the first is the GF one shot bug that has been discussed the second is a bug that let's people kill the end boss of Epic Pirate King dungeon over and over without re-clearing. Put two and two together and you get the above picture.
  • Options
    freemind25freemind25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    Lol, as if they'd wipe at this stage. They'd never, ever, even consider wiping for real. They will definitely just talk this down/ignore it and proceed as usual, maybe ban a few accounts in the process and that's it. Of course, the money and goods will be long laundered and spread over an army of mules by this time.