test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PayToWin... Another game !!

alfinnetealfinnete Member Posts: 67 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
English is not my first language.

My sincere apologies for sincerity.

This game becomes more evident every day that is PaytoWin. Yesterday finally managed to put the pieces to fuse an enchantment for weapon and vual
Post edited by alfinnete on

Comments

• granatargranatar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is that "winning"?
  • alfinnetealfinnete Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    granatar wrote: »
    is that "winning"?

The <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> the text is not showing completely
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alfinnete wrote: »

This game becomes more evident every day that is PaytoWin. Yesterday finally managed to put the pieces to fuse an enchantment for weapon and vual

Don't worry about this just find a GF to oneshot everything in castle never and go loot and sell gear for millions like every other kid in this game .
    edited May 2013
    To complete fusion need 1k zen or 1% chance.... good chance hehehe
  • xxviimbxxviimb Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »

This discussion has been done to death,please just shut up.
    LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT.
    "You have a wife and kids? If so, what would happen, if we called you in at 1am, everytime something went wrong!
    Be respectful, remember, you PLAY the game at your convenience, they WORK at no ones."
  • adjuchasbrokkadjuchasbrokk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    granatar wrote: »
    is that "winning"?

[Insert picture of Charlie Sheen]
    [Foundry Projects]
    The Sunken Castle
    - NW-DEO4EA5XG -
    - A story driven dungeon crawl! -
    edited May 2013
    Ok man! I think players can expose your experience with the game here, especially those who have paid to pay again and again and death ...
    edited May 2013
    xxviimb wrote: »
    This discussion has been done to death,please just shut up.
    LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT.

More than half of my friends have left the game because of that, we are eternal fans of the game, but I think PW should look more to GW2 for example, there is not 100% but it is not so PTW
  • someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok man! I think players can expose your experience with the game here, especially those who have paid to pay again and again and death ...

Or you can get it in the 7 day daily rewards, or you can get it in nightmare lockboxes, or you can get it in the enchantment boxes from within nightmare lockboxes.
  • zarkheszarkhes Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    Im sazing this everywhere and everyone (who is willing to listen).

This game ISNT P2W in tradition sence.Its more like Pay to have fun, or have your brain melted by mindless grinding until you give up and buy our imaginary **** in our halfbaked game!

But...there is a one gray zone but (:D)
    There are things like Enchants.There is a point where fusing it have 99% chance of failure, and you HAVE to buy a item (ward) that will practicly alow you to fuse it.
    Also, there are companions.You have companion as you progress, but they are locked at 15th level...so there are usless.ATM there is no way to buy a training tome to let them level up further (Gues they waiting for enough money to come trough the Zen shop).
  • rogerbestrogerbest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not pay to win it is even worse
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have a question, and please take it as such(I am not trolling). How is this game pay to win?

I can purchase Zen with real $$. I can exchange zen for a *tiny* amount of AD. I say Tiny, because in the grand scheme of things, it seems it would take hundreds of thousands, or millions of AD to purchase any meaningful gear.

Am I correct? If someone has used the above method to acquire gear, could you please enlighten me. I am confused when people say this is p2win.
  • noosednoosed Member Posts: 247 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    cesmode8 wrote: »
    I have a question, and please take it as such(I am not trolling). How is this game pay to win?

I can purchase Zen with real $$. I can exchange zen for a *tiny* amount of AD. I say Tiny, because in the grand scheme of things, it seems it would take hundreds of thousands, or millions of AD to purchase any meaningful gear.

Am I correct? If someone has used the above method to acquire gear, could you please enlighten me. I am confused when people say this is p2win.

Since there is an option to pay money for a ward to enchant, these little drama bombs claim the entire game is pay to win and come to the forums to express their utter disgust with having to do anything that takes longer than their 4 minute attention span will allow.
  • debarsdebars Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    i spent 10 dollars to win eheheueheuhehuehuehuehe
  • okottekonekookottekoneko Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    another thread by someone why fails to grasp what pay to win actually means.

pay to win means a non paying player will be significantly less powerful then a player who does not pay.

what makes this game not pay to win?
    1. Zen can be gained by trading AD for Zen of free offeres on the zen store many of these offers are scams but some of the smaller ones are not, you can get enough zen to buy anything by working on it and grinding for it. there for not pay to win its pay for shortcut.

2. there is nothing on the market that gives you any real advantage that you cannot get in the game, and besides those otherthings you want to help with crafting is obtainable via point one.

before coming here and *****ing do your homework.
  • avangerrravangerrr Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    By trading ad lol ...While u need milions of ad to get decent amount of zen which is imposible for new players
  • unirodunirod Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    another thread by someone why fails to grasp what pay to win actually means.

pay to win means a non paying player will be significantly less powerful then a player who does not pay.

what makes this game not pay to win?
    1. Zen can be gained by trading AD for Zen of free offeres on the zen store many of these offers are scams but some of the smaller ones are not, you can get enough zen to buy anything by working on it and grinding for it. there for not pay to win its pay for shortcut.

2. there is nothing on the market that gives you any real advantage that you cannot get in the game, and besides those otherthings you want to help with crafting is obtainable via point one.

before coming here and *****ing do your homework.

Are you serious ? Are you lvl 60 ? Done Premade PvP yet ? Are you on PWE's payroll?

You will need 2 greater enchantments ( 420$ ) and an epic mount (30-40$) just to compete with the "top" PvP players right now. I'm wondering how long it would take to farm the amount of ADs needed to achieve that. So you can in essence buy items for real money right away that grant you an immense advantage in PvP. Not P2W ?????? female canine please.

I stopped playing PvP when i noticed that i can just ride past the non paying people with their slow mounts and steal that potion and then dominate them. I stopped playing because it just feels cheap and p2w. Just my opinion...which I happen to value greatly.
  • ratrailratrail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I hope they continue to get increasingly aggressive about locking and deleting <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> threads like this. A very vocal and immature minority is making the forum community near intolerable because of the constant whining and non-constructive posts.
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Interesting topic.
    someoneod wrote: »
    Or you can get it in the 7 day daily rewards, or you can get it in nightmare lockboxes, or you can get it in the enchantment boxes from within nightmare lockboxes.

CAN is the operative word. So far I've gotten 1 from 10 celestial boxes. My friends have not been that lucky.
  • unirodunirod Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    calamintha.......I'm trying as well but I fear the fanboys and girls are brainwashed to an extend they won't be able to notice the sad truth.

Give it one or two more weeks and repeat. The more people reach 60 the more will figure out it's P2W. Exploiits, Bugs and glitches that destroy the game it's community and the economy are neglected or the issues are worked on too late.

Foundry EXP exploit was fixed after 3 days ( holy smokes...only 3 days to hotfix a major gamebreaking exploit...fast very fast). Now one might ask why this was fixed so "fast" because they fear too many people will reach 60 and figure out that they have been lied to.
  • eros1986eros1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is not pay to win...
    It's exploit to win.
  • nerdbanenerdbane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now here is the part I don't understand, majority hates Zen store and everyday makes 20 different topics about how they will not pay a single dime for this game, then who is paying to win? "13 year-olds" can't steal their mom's credit card all the time? If noone is paying then why people worry about "p2w nabs" stealing their thunder?

Who pays to PWE to win?

Who?
    edited May 2013
    That's exactly the problem nerdbane too many people post here that just don't have a clue what they are talking about. Get in line....
  • holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Oh god, the PayToWin threads are getting bad... Just don't Pay and worry about yourself, not what others are doing. Have fun.
  • paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ratrail wrote: »
    I hope they continue to get increasingly aggressive about locking and deleting <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> threads like this. A very vocal and immature minority is making the forum community near intolerable because of the constant whining and non-constructive posts.

...So I guess you guys missed the TR who solo'd the last boss with Rez scrolls...
    Or the GF in full end game set, one shotting bosses.

But like eros1986 said.. its more appropriately, "Pay to exploit."

I know there are lots of flame and abusive complaining.

But a lot (especially recently) are 100% legit.

Stop being a sheep.

I love the game but they are destroying it before it even hits release.

You can reverse what just happened past couple days...

All they needed to do was tag all gear BoP and problem solved. No one thats played fair get punished and everyone stacking and saturating the market with exploited gear becomes useless.

But hey I don't want to stop you from buying your T2 (as it will be in next 24hrs) for 4-15k a piece before you even hit 60...
  • lisnarilisnari Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One guy i know has made $700 from the exploited gear selling to RMT sites.And still has like 200 mil AD to spare.

So tell me that it's not pay to win/Expliot.
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem with these types of threads, is that P2W has a negative implication to it, one which isn't entirely justified. Feel free to whisper me if you want to hear my opinions on this. The exploits is of course a different matter, and not relevant to this topic at all. So please stop bringing that up.
  • vortexasvortexas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    Oh look this thread again, only with REALLY REALLY bad english. Excellent. Exactly what we needed, this man and his broken yammerings that are like english's close caveman cousin has opened my eyes.

Oh wait no...its just ANOTHER KID that is crying because mommy and daddy won't buy him a mount at the Zen store. Quit your CRYING, WHINING, AND *****ING AND LEAVE IF YOU DONT LIKE IT.
  • deepdiggerdeepdigger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Vortexas why are you whining, that he is whining!
    You can leave, too pls.