test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AFK PvPers?

2»

Comments

• firefly113firefly113 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 80
    edited May 2013
    It blows my mind that PvP gear is BoE. I could understand entry PvP gear being this way, but the top tier gear has always been BoP. This is a very good demonstration of why that's always been the case.

I do hope this gets fixed soon. Three games in a row the enemy team was afk. We literally killed them repeatedly in their spawn point in two of the games. The third I just sat at the middle point and did nothing. Encountered another game where we had afks and it was our turn to lose.

A player's contributions should adjust the rewards they receive. Make people work for it. Even a 3-10 score will give a player more than a 0-0 score.

I don't mind losing in PvP. I just want a proper game. This is terrible.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    firefly113 wrote: »
    It blows my mind that PvP gear is BoE. I could understand entry PvP gear being this way, but the top tier gear has always been BoP. This is a very good demonstration of why that's always been the case.

Always? Before WoW that was not the case in MMORPGs.

In my opinion, it is good that PvP gear is BoE. It simply is not fun to hit max level a few weeks later than the initial folks and then have to spend hours of getting stomped without standing a chance. Not fun in the least. BoE PvP gear allows people to spend gold or AD if they prefer not being a liability.

Getting glory without any effort is another issue, but gear being BoE in PvP in a good thing.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • elvennoiaelvennoia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    asd.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/fxuSVSK.jpg
    Me hacking on them bots. To think that this is the first experience i get when i just turned lv60..
    Please do something! :(
  • lady808lady808 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I didn't read all the way through, but on the first page someone stated that it's bad because your match then becomes a 4 on 5? I was the leader of the group when someone attempted to AFK their way through our match. I booted them as soon as I noticed it. Our group was down to only 4 bodies vs 5. We still won. It wasn't a landslide victory, but it was hard fought and it actually felt good at the end. Also, I noticed that I ended up with over 1k in Glory points in addition to the + I got for my efforts during the match. Does anyone know if that's what happens when you win an underdog match or was that from something else?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If you're going to ride my HAMSTER... At least pull my hair"
    Taking the trash out, one badguy at a time.
    "Satisfaction guaranteed or twice your trash back."
  • vaulsvauls Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    we need a report system, thank you.
  • kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    firefly113 wrote: »

Everything is BOE for a reason (all Tiered-dungeon boss loot is as well); they WANT you to sell it. In a game that generates real cash from ZEN and AD, they want an economy where you feel you can buy anything with the right amount of cash. As soon as they turn items to BOP, then they lose the ability for someone to buy it (and thus lose a cash revenue stream).

They don't care about the AFKers as they are generating sales on Cryptic's behalf
  • caydarcaydar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    - player if AFK for 60sec? Kick him and queue system should find new person.
    - no glory point for them.
    - dezerter system for leavers and afk players for 10-15min.
  • snorri30snorri30 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In Mount Hotenow map you can climb up the enemy base, and destroy the afkers while they respawn.
    Fix it please, it's so frustrating right now..
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kimberix wrote: »
    Everything is BOE for a reason (all Tiered-dungeon boss loot is as well); they WANT you to sell it. In a game that generates real cash from ZEN and AD, they want an economy where you feel you can buy anything with the right amount of cash. As soon as they turn items to BOP, then they lose the ability for someone to buy it (and thus lose a cash revenue stream).

Flaw in your logic: The items sold come from other players, not from PWE. So if John sells a BoE piece to Bob, John can convert the AD to Zen and won't have to spend any real money on the cash store.

It works both ways.
  • neverhofneverhof Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    BoE PvP gear allows people to spend gold or AD if they prefer not being a liability.

2 weeks into OB are you really already considered a liability if you don't have full epics? This makes it absolutely pointless to even try to gain gear from PvP through actually playing and forces the game to a pay to win status.

Through these unscrupulous methods players now have epic gear they can use to cheat the sytem and gain access to the harder epic dungeons not just pvp.

I bought the guardians pack to get a boost in convenience, faster mount, decent companion that can level over 15, a respec and some currency, this attitude that we are liabilities without higher level gear from the word go really makes me regret wasting the money tbh, when all you have to do is sit afk in some pvp matches for a few minutes a time and build up your inventory.
  • brack752brack752 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Meh, the dragon server zone chat seems banging on about GM's rolling people back. Issue is that within the terms there is nothing to stop this, infact its rewarded (by XP / Glory etc). I will continue as normal tbh :).
    edited May 2013
    I used the term liability in reference to how a player might feel about themselves. I haven't seen anyone moaning about someone else's gear.

But yes, level 60 PvP is not overly enjoyable to me, and the massive gear discrepancies are part of the reason. But mostly it has to do with the matchmaking, the premades, and the general scaling of damage vs. the lack of scaling of defensive abilities. My wizard has about 22k. In PvP gear he gets critted for 20k+ damage in one hit. Heck, I just ate a 15k crit from a tank who didn't seem overgeared. So, you can imagine how long people live. (Now, if you have two clerics that stack Astral Shield...)
  • uberguberuberguber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yesterday I ended up in a match with 4 AFKs on my team. I was the leader so I kicked all of them. That left me 1v5. I was running around fighting and got stomped repeatedly. It was fun until the other team jumped up on the spawn point and just kept killing me as I spawned. I was taking damage before I could even move. Lamest match ever.
    Noli sinere te ab improbis opprimi
  • jebzigjebzig Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Word is already reaching many many forums about how many expliots this game has.
    I came from MMORPG to check this mmo out, but ugh......people where spot on with the plague of afk pvpr's and exploiters in this game.
    Dont get me wrong ^^ its a fun game, but nothing special....
    Just mmo number 1290318981 who goes flat on the face.

if only developers would learn from mistakes from previous failed mmo's......
  • arrkkosarrkkos Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was going to buy a bit of Zen today if they fixed this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in last night's patch. Kiss that money goodbye. Not that it matters, but eventually it will. If this problem is allowed to persist, I have little faith that this game won't be plagued by endless similar problems.
  • oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just start listing names.

There's a forum rule that says you're not allowed but who's following rules anymore right?

With no word on what they're doing to curb this, best the rest of us honest players can do is spread the word on who to kick when the opportunity arises. There's names listed on the other thread I started here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?241691-They-re-not-just-going-AFK-for-gear-(THIS-IS-TO-YOU-CRYPTIC-WAKE-UP)
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    birenots wrote: »
    I see people in zone chat asking often things like" lvl 40 -49 pvp afk party LF2m !
    I don't pvp simply for the simple reason it seems half the people exploit and the other half buy their gear and prey on those who don't want to spend cash to be competitive. I wish this system could be reworked, but honestly, I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel. This game has too many flaws and is so far from Neverwinter Nights (which was awesome) that I fear the makers of this game didn't even play NWN1 or 2. Sad times, I had such high hopes for this game.

58TR

i was trying to get more people i know in real life into this game, but with the afk grinding i`ll hold back with doing, it.
    takes a lot of fair and fun things out of the game.
    afk grind , which game has it ;p
  • andrellibusandrellibus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here's my solution:
    I think they should implement a system where if you don't attack(or heal) anyone for like 1-2 min you're automatically kicked from the match, you won't be able to access pvp for X hours and also you lose x amount of glory.
    Have fun coming back every minute to attack someone if you want to.
  • arrkkosarrkkos Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fixed! Thank you devs for dealing with this! Faith restored.