test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dungeons are <censored> for these reasons

milimeterxmilimeterx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
    1. Cleric Threat too high 2. Guardian Fighter threat non existant 3. Dungeon Finder be god AWFUL (4 rogues-1 cleric anyone?) 4. Almost all gear being BOE, i mean seirously this completely kills progression if you bought the 200 dollar founders back you basically buy 8500 gs No problem. Having some gear Boe is great, but everything is ridiculous.

I want a reply from devs about these issues its been almost two weeks for open beta and i haven't seen any devs address these issues which is incredibility dumb because from my understanding the threat has been a problem since closed beta and you still havent fixed it?
Post edited by milimeterx on

Comments

• Options
    jedizalmjedizalm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Alot of us are hoping they will be hitting up the cleric and tank threat soon, but no guarantees. Dungeon finder wont be bad after they fix aggro. See this thread as to why. Gear being BoE MIGHT be working as intended, but as far as I can say, its speculation. I have seen any devs or mods post about the BoE thing yet. I've seen them post about cleric/tank threat as well as the party system for PvE/PvP, but not gearing.

Also, try not to insult them, I'm sure it doesnt help your cause.
  • Options
    raal1raal1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    milimeterx wrote: »
      1. Cleric Threat too high 2. Guardian Fighter threat non existant 3. Dungeon Finder be god AWFUL (4 rogues-1 cleric anyone?) 4. Almost all gear being BOE, i mean seirously this completely kills progression if you bought the 200 dollar founders back you basically buy 8500 gs No problem. Having some gear Boe is great, but everything is ridiculous.

I want a reply from devs about these issues its been almost two weeks for open beta and i haven't seen any devs address these issues which is incredibility dumb because from my understanding the threat has been a problem since closed beta and you still havent fixed it?

The only point I agree on in this post is the dungeon finder. The game just isn't tuned so that any spec works for your role. If you get one of each class and everyone's speced for DPS the group's going to fail on all but the earliest dungeons. If the group doesn't communicate and just tries to zerg every encounter with 0 game plan, they're almost definitely going to fail. I personally enjoy the way dungeons are tuned. They take teamwork and require everyone to fill their role. I much prefer this to the alternative. I run mostly in pre-made groups and most of the problems you speak of are a complete non-issue.
  • Options
    nyysjannyysjan Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    5. Every boss is the same, 1 weak mob with insane health, and endless amount of adds.
  • Options
    nicknameschmicknamenicknameschmickname Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    raal1 wrote: »
    The only point I agree on in this post is the dungeon finder. The game just isn't tuned so that any spec works for your role. If you get one of each class and everyone's speced for DPS the group's going to fail on all but the earliest dungeons. If the group doesn't communicate and just tries to zerg every encounter with 0 game plan, they're almost definitely going to fail. I personally enjoy the way dungeons are tuned. They take teamwork and require everyone to fill their role. I much prefer this to the alternative. I run mostly in pre-made groups and most of the problems you speak of are a complete non-issue.

That's great, but the game shouldn't be balanced around pre-made groups, because you are in the minority.
  • Options
    nationalcity1nationalcity1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    I agree with everything
  • Options
    john242424john242424 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm too tired to chime in again for the umpteenth time about the Cleric issue. Just please fix it. Thank you.
    Frosted Lucky Charms are Magically Delicious!
  • Options
    lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    6: teleporting adds ruins immersion, and gets ridiculous later on

I dont know about others but i find watching a group of guys just teleport out of no where into the room to be stupid... now sometimes i could be ok with those. Demons, or elementals or some kind of magcial beast.... but GNOLLS!?!! *face desk* so dumb*
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
      3. Dungeon Finder be god AWFUL (4 rogues-1 cleric anyone?)

You got a cleric? I can't seem to get anything beyond all cw tr parties.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    6: teleporting adds ruins immersion, and gets ridiculous later on

I dont know about others but i find watching a group of guys just teleport out of no where into the room to be stupid... now sometimes i could be ok with those. Demons, or elementals or some kind of magcial beast.... but GNOLLS!?!! *face desk* so dumb*
    Gnolls don't have casters in their race capable of casting a dimension door ext and sending in reinforcements?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    Gnolls don't have casters in their race capable of casting a dimension door ext and sending in reinforcements?

they're gnolls dude.....its a miracle they have the capabilities to craft rudimentary weapons, much less cast higher level plane traveling spells.
  • Options
    abradaxabradax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    Divine mode for cleric should be an instant aggro drop.

Raising a shield for the GF should be an immediate AE taunt.
    Lieutenant Johnathan "Seven" Abradax
    Liberated Borg -Captain USS Solstice
    Member of Starfleet Borg Task Force - Tactical Unit
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Dev/Mod response.
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . Ah, nay. We only move things to Staff when they either detail exploits in a way that others can learn how to do them also or they are of a legal nature or extremely hosile/immediate-ban worthy. Otherwise, we escalate all hot topics to our Community Managers and the Dev Teams by linking threads to them in our reports. I can assure you, the Cleric Aggro issue is one that IS on the Dev's radar.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jedizalm wrote: »
    they're gnolls dude.....its a miracle they have the capabilities to craft rudimentary weapons, much less cast higher level plane traveling spells.
    Gnolls as Characters

Gnoll characters possess the following racial traits.

Strength +4, Constitution +2, Intelligence –2, Charisma –2.
    Size Medium.
    Humanoid (Gnoll)
    A gnoll’s base land speed is 30 feet.
    Darkvision out to 60 feet.
    Racial Hit Dice: A gnoll begins with two levels of humanoid, which provide 2d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +1, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +3, Ref +0, and Will +0.
    Racial Skills: A gnoll’s humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 5 x (2 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Listen and Spot.
    Racial Feats: A gnoll’s humanoid levels give it one feat.
    +1 natural armor bonus.
    Automatic Languages: Gnoll. Bonus Languages: Common, Draconic, Elven, Goblin, Orc.
    Favored Class: Ranger.
    Level adjustment +1.
    from http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Gnoll

So while they won't make the best arcanes there is nothing preventing one from what I can see.

Dimension Door is also a level 4 spell not high level though how many people could be brought with the caster is caster level dependent. Overall I'm just saying that there could be a story telling reason for just about anything. Now if suddenly we get Klingons or something from sto in an nwo dungeon yeah that would be an issue, but things could be explained with dnd mechanics still.
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    1. Cleric Threat too high
    Cleric is a kite tank, intended. (Maybe not, according to dev response. Guessing this is to help with GWF aggro TBH.)
    2. Guardian Fighter threat non existant
    Not true. They hold one target very well if they aren't stupid. You need a GWF and a CW if add's are piling your cleric. That is their role.
    3. Dungeon Finder be god AWFUL (4 rogues-1 cleric anyone?)
    Haven't had that happen, to be honest. Worst I've had is two rogues, GF, GWF, Cleric. No CW is really painful in some instances. Not to say it doesn't happen, if true I feel for you if you're the cleric! Utterly explains your top two points lol.
    4. Almost all gear being BOE, i mean seriously this completely kills progression if you bought the 200 dollar founders back you basically buy 8500 gs No problem. Having some gear Boe is great, but everything is ridiculous.
    Yeah, this needs to be fixed. Round Robin is a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> poor alternative way to pass out blue items, unless it takes into account character class. (Can't tell if it does or not.) Fine if you play with real life friends or a guild, utter bull pucky when using the queue.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Moderator Notice:

. . . . . Thread cleansed of insults and trolling; if what one is about to post is at all rude or insulting, then do not post it. It is as simple as that. Formal warnings will ensue for repeat offenders. Do not reply to this Notice, instead contact us via PM or through Support to discuss Moderator Actions. Thanks!