test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Move the Broken Cleric aggro to staff as well!

john242424john242424 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Very quick to move exploit threads, how about moving the broken Cleric aggro to staff as well and finally getting that fixed before more people quit playing the class than already have and the game is left with no healers.
Frosted Lucky Charms are Magically Delicious!
Post edited by john242424 on

Comments

• Options
    jedizalmjedizalm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    john242424 wrote: »
    Very quick to move exploit threads, how about moving the broken Cleric aggro to staff as well and finally getting that fixed before more people quit playing the class than already have and the game is left with no healers.

Very quick is not exactly what I would have said, but I agree. It does need to get to be moved to staff so we know its on the list to get fixed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Move please thank you.
  • Options
    nationalcity1nationalcity1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    I agree, I've already quit and I'm sure I'm not the only one........
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I agree, I've already quit and I'm sure I'm not the only one........

Quit the game?

I havent quit the game, but I have quit my cleric till the issue is resolved. I'm playing my rogue till they fix the cleric/tank aggro problems.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Please post report on these. If they are exploitative detailing in nature, we will move them too.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Please post report on these. If they are exploitative detailing in nature, we will move them too.

Oh...we just thought you were gonna hopefully pull them to staff so you can use them to review and discuss options on how to solve the threat issues for clerics and tanks. No reports needed to be filed, as far as we know, the threads arent breaking rules, just the content need to be....yeah, you know.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    jedizalm wrote: »
    Oh...we just thought you were gonna hopefully pull them to staff so you can use them to review and discuss options on how to solve the threat issues for clerics and tanks.
    . . . . . Ah, nay. We only move things to Staff when they either detail exploits in a way that others can learn how to do them also or they are of a legal nature or extremely hosile/immediate-ban worthy. Otherwise, we escalate all hot topics to our Community Managers and the Dev Teams by linking threads to them in our reports. I can assure you, the Cleric Aggro issue is one that IS on the Dev's radar.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I am a genius! My thread worked, I got you here mod, now thank you so much for the response. I am so happy. "the Cleric Aggro issue is one that IS on the Dev's radar" My faith is renewed. All Clerics like me rejoice and don't give up yet!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Soon™
    /10char
  • Options
    abradaxabradax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    Ive given up on dungeons basically.

Its really old to cast healing word, see a tick for a whopping 123 then get mobbed by 15 adds because apparently challenge means how many creatures they can throw at you at once.

I'd rather have insta kill boss abilities and have to actually pay attention then 9 adds that constantly respawn because it is "challenging"

Doesn't help that they start with exactly 0 threat.
    There is no aggro drop abilities, so every round of adds you can expect to be mobbed.
    Lieutenant Johnathan "Seven" Abradax
    Liberated Borg -Captain USS Solstice
    Member of Starfleet Borg Task Force - Tactical Unit
  • Options
    nationalcity1nationalcity1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    jedizalm wrote: »
    Quit the game?

I havent quit the game, but I have quit my cleric till the issue is resolved. I'm playing my rogue till they fix the cleric/tank aggro problems.

Yep, unfortunately I quit the game because I played with my friend who was a tank and he couldn't stand the aggro he got sick of trying to run after me at every boss fight trying to pull the adds off me......

But it's f2p so if it ever gets fixed we will be back.......
  • Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's no problems with the DC, it's the other classes in the dungeon run that's not doing their jobs. I can easily hold boss + 2 elites by myself. If there're a lot of adds the rogue/gwf/cw deals with it within seconds while I go straight for the elites.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    maiku217 wrote: »
    There's no problems with the DC, it's the other classes in the dungeon run that's not doing their jobs. I can easily hold boss + 2 elites by myself. If there're a lot of adds the rogue/gwf/cw deals with it within seconds while I go straight for the elites.

That might be all well and good but the fact remains that the people playing Clerics are dropping like flies because of this aggro problem, and it is a problem. Que times for dungeons have gotten way longer because of this. And it's just plain not fun to play them as they are right now. It is also making tanks not needed in dungeons because they can't hold aggro. Just roll with 2 Clerics is what players are doing and spamming and stacking Astral Shield. (if you can find 2 Clerics still playing the class at this point)
  • Options
    realr3sistancerealr3sistance Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The Cleric Aggro problem right now is like a naval landing party hitting a pirate ship and the pirates all attacking the cabin boy together while the navy attacks the Pirate Captain... it's so extreme it really makes no actual sense. It's good to hear that this is actually being looked into.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    To make a long story even longer, they already turned the aggro for Clerics down once. It wasn't enough. The mod in my thread here said. "the Cleric Aggro issue is one that IS on the Dev's radar". Now why would this PROBLEM still be on their radar if in fact it wasn't a big problem? Enough said.
  • Options
    kaikardenkaikarden Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maiku217 wrote: »
    There's no problems with the DC...
    So you're telling me that my standing in the far corner of the room, not moving, casting or breathing, but still managing to pull the entire instance in the first place is not a problem?

I mean, i get your point, the other members of the group should be policing the adds off the healer at all costs. But the fact that i'm even pulling everything (by way of deduction) simply by having my eyes open and existing on the same spiritual/astral plane as the enemies is a little obscene. It's gotten so bad that any instance content from about level 35+ has become a serious no-no.

Also, while it's good that the Dev's are looking into the problem, the verbage "on the radar" brings a little cause for concern. On the radar in my mind implies that they're aware of it. not that they're actually doing anything about it.
  • Options
    brachra200brachra200 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kaikarden wrote: »
    So you're telling me that my standing in the far corner of the room, not moving, casting or breathing, but still managing to pull the entire instance in the first place is not a problem?

I mean, i get your point, the other members of the group should be policing the adds off the healer at all costs. But the fact that i'm even pulling everything (by way of deduction) simply by having my eyes open and existing on the same spiritual/astral plane as the enemies is a little obscene. It's gotten so bad that any instance content from about level 35+ has become a serious no-no.

Also, while it's good that the Dev's are looking into the problem, the verbage "on the radar" brings a little cause for concern. On the radar in my mind implies that they're aware of it. not that they're actually doing anything about it.

Ive grouped with him, I have seen this guy run into a dungeon, we pull, and Automatically everything runs to him. lets say he were to die? AS SOON AS HE IS PICKED BACK UP. the adds leave what they are doing and go straight for him......

This really needs to be fixed, and im not even a cleric.
    Guardian fighters are broken enough, how do they expect us to help our clerics out when our clerics are Super-aggro machines?
  • Options
    greatsaiyanmangreatsaiyanman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont think ive actually seen a mechanism as broken as the cleric threat in a game before.
    I throw out 1 heal and pull aggro from countless mobs, forget using that forge skill cos that will result in instant death.

I suspect the downfall of Neverwinter online to occur very quickly post actual release since the developers seem to care less about rectifying issues...
    Think ill head back to rift, i much preffered the Chloromancer to the broken Cleric.
  • Options
    tweeter83tweeter83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    while your add it give all that threat the clerics make to us guardian fighters