test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AFK PvPers?

arrkkosarrkkos Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
When will the AFK in PVP problem be fixed. People are selling glory and PVP gear like mad. In EVERY SINGLE PVP match I had to today either my team or the other team had one or more bots or afkers.

I had one team that just sat in their base and chatted. While I am tempted to blame them for being such boring losers, a free lunch is a free lunch.

This is not okay. This has to be the Cryptic's top priority. It is embarrassing and it is ruining an otherwise pretty good PVP system.

When will be fixed? I won't financially support this game any further until it is.

Keep this thread alive if you agree and what to see something done about this.
Post edited by arrkkos on

Comments

• yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The leader of your group should be kicking afkers-its a very strong power. If whole teams are sitting afk you should let a gm know (imo) or record it. Whole teams being afk should be treated as exploiters and banned/punished imo.

Also the leader's requeue ability in pvp needs to be fixed, or someone needs to explain to me how it works properly (sometimes I can do it sometimes I can't).
  • arrkkosarrkkos Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I always try to get the leader to kick. But we shouldn't have to gimp a pvp match just to deal with a problem that should be so easy to fix, and one that should not have existed in the first place.

I love this game and think the devs have done a great job. This is why I am so surprised about this massive, massive oversight. It's like this is the first mmo ever released or something.
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Why is the leader kicking afkers "gimping a pvp match"?
    edited May 2013
    Because then your match is 4 vs. 5 (sometimes still winnable) or 3 vs. 5. All the crybabies usually stop playing when even one person is afk or kicked. It makes the whole match a waste, most of the time.
  • flakelessflakeless Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yasha00 wrote: »
    Whole teams being afk should be treated as exploiters and banned/punished imo.

Everything's an exploit now-a-days, huh?
    Maybe they'll nerf glory and experience points and make it like the foundry. :rolleyes:
    arrkkos wrote: »
    But we shouldn't have to gimp a pvp match just to deal with a problem that should be so easy to fix, and one that should not have existed in the first place.

100% agree, same situation as the Foundry.
    edited May 2013
    Who cares about the terminology. "Exploit" or not, it ruins the fun of pvp. The people who do it are boring, lame losers who then cry about no content or no further gear to get because they cheated their way to the end. It is also making the market for glory and glory items non-existent. You can glory with gold. That's right, so plentiful you can buy it with gold, which is not really a legit currency compared to AD.

That is not to mention that many of the "afkers" seem to be botting. It is an exploit to automate game processes. But a debate of terminology, cheating, exploit, whatever, misses the point altogether. It isn't fun to pvp until this is fixed because so many matches are a waste of time.
    edited May 2013
    Because then your match is 4 vs. 5 (sometimes still winnable) or 3 vs. 5. All the crybabies usually stop playing when even one person is afk or kicked. It makes the whole match a waste, most of the time.

You can requeue and get an additional player- however for some reason this only works sometimes. If that functionality is fixed, you should be able to kick and yet always have a full team.
    edited May 2013
    That would help, but a few minutes of being short handed can make a big difference. Either because it's a close game or because everyone else gives up because they expect to lose with an afker.
    edited May 2013
    That would help, but a few minutes of being short handed can make a big difference. Either because it's a close game or because everyone else gives up because they expect to lose with an afker.

You are correct, and it is frustrating.

Try and experiment with the tools we have when you are leader though and let us know if you can figure out how to make the requeue work consistantly (I am setting my group to open and allowing for new members). If we can pin that down at least it will help a bit.
  • lisau1974lisau1974 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    yasha00 wrote: »
    The leader of your group should be kicking afkers-its a very strong power. If whole teams are sitting afk you should let a gm know (imo) or record it. Whole teams being afk should be treated as exploiters and banned/punished imo.

Also the leader's requeue ability in pvp needs to be fixed, or someone needs to explain to me how it works properly (sometimes I can do it sometimes I can't).

The issue with that is when the leader is also afk lol.
  • wahotanawahotana Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    as mentioned above, this isnt the first mmo out there and if you take a look at how WoW (no flamewar intended) handles this it'S fairly simple, give people the chance to report people afk and with enough votes kick that person (in case the leader is afk himself) and give people that got kicked/left a battleground a 15min or w/e debuff that keeps them from requeing again and preventing grinding this way. what worries me as well are premade afk groups that started popping up in general chat for all brackets, they arent hurting any teammates since they all do the same but it basically ruins pvp just to have another lame xp/gear grinding method
    edited May 2013
    lisau1974 wrote: »
    The issue with that is when the leader is also afk lol.

Sure, I'm just saying that while the afkers are a problem, lets try and use the tools we have to stamp it out proactively while the devs think about how to fix it. To be honest a fix isn't as easy as people seem to think.

The whole team afking issue is a systematic problem that I think the devs should clamp down on harshly like they have for other exploits- you don't want something like that becoming established in your game's culture.
  • supersaiyansonsupersaiyanson Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    I make people afk in pvp by RPing telling them they're trying too hard. What's the point of making the game last longer when you're going to lose to me anyways? That's a lose lose situation for both of us. Just admit your defeat and move on. There are other battles to be won, but this isn't one of them. Also, most of them aren't afk, they're still at their keyboard, they just gave up like they should and I salute them!
    edited May 2013
    I make people afk in pvp by RPing telling them they're trying too hard. What's the point of making the game last longer when you're going to lose to me anyways? That's a lose lose situation for both of us. Just admit your defeat and move on. There are other battles to be won, but this isn't one of them. Also, most of them aren't afk, they're still at their keyboard, they just gave up like they should and I salute them!

Don't you get points and, therefore, more glory from any kills and caps whether you win or lose? I am seriously asking, haven't really figured out how glory is calculated. Maybe this is too little when compared to a full on battle and win, making it more efficient to just lose. Maybe that is one way Cryptic could address the problem. Though, there are soooo many incredibly easy ways, like a report function, auto kick for afk, better bot detection, etc.
    edited May 2013
    Lol, people are actually advertising in zone chat "LFM AFK PVP farm". Can't say I really blame them, but really, that is just sad.

People are farming glory with this super lame and shady method, turning it into AD, then into Zen. So really, this is harming the market for every single currency in the game.
    edited May 2013
    Lol, people are actually advertising in zone chat "LFM AFK PVP farm". Can't say I really blame them, but really, that is just sad.

People are farming glory with this super lame and shady method, turning it into AD, then into Zen. So really, this is harming the market for every single currency in the game.

Yeah, that is really bad form, terrible for the game; devs I implore you to crack down on such behavior.
    edited May 2013
    Ha ha ha, Mod edited my title ... fair enough. But I feel like there are two camps. First, people who hope this never gets fixed because they are abusing it and ruining PvP for people who actually want to play (it's not called "AFKvP" or "AFKvAFK" for a reason). And second, people who hate it with a passion and want it fixed. I guess there is another group, people who have no idea this is going on.

I thought I needed to get everyone's attention with my title, including the devs.

The thing that pisses me off is this doesn't seem to be on Crytic's radar at all. Please correct me if I'm wrong and point me to some acknowledged by the devs that this is even going on.
  • setidayetisetidayeti Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm totally quoting the OP here.

1) add an automatic kicking mechanism "a la" WoW for AFKers --something like "1 min of inactivity? System kick".
    2) allow the party to start a kicking poll, in *any* party, be it PvP or PvE.

I feel like to OP as to the financial aspect: no support until this shameful issue is fixed. PvP is too **** great in this game to let it be ruined by those minmaxers TV watching kids with no brains.
  • birenotsbirenots Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I see people in zone chat asking often things like" lvl 40 -49 pvp afk party LF2m !
    I don't pvp simply for the simple reason it seems half the people exploit and the other half buy their gear and prey on those who don't want to spend cash to be competitive. I wish this system could be reworked, but honestly, I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel. This game has too many flaws and is so far from Neverwinter Nights (which was awesome) that I fear the makers of this game didn't even play NWN1 or 2. Sad times, I had such high hopes for this game.

58TR
  • letowletow Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    banned all
  • neverhofneverhof Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I agree that this unbelievably doesnt seem to be a major issue for Cryptic. As others have said it is completely ruining the games economy, that's if it hasnt already, the AH is already flooded with epics bought with Glory points. 2 weeks into OB?

How it isn't seen as an exploit or harrasment is beyond me, the ToS states;

you agree not to take any of the following actions:

(l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players,
    (n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service.

I would say taking advantage of the fact you still get Glory by doing nothing and staying in a place that is unreachable by the opposing team is a serious design flaw. The people asking for groups in Zone chat for afk pvp, well, here you have players blatently abusing the system by getting something for nothing and therefore getting an advantage over legitamate players that want to have fun by actually playing the game and getting rewards for genuinly playing as intended.
    And it sure as hell stops anyone that wants to pvp for fun from enjoying the game,website and any of the other services.
    edited May 2013
    neverhof wrote: »
    I agree that this unbelievably doesnt seem to be a major issue for Cryptic. As others have said it is completely ruining the games economy, that's if it hasnt already, the AH is already flooded with epics bought with Glory points. 2 weeks into OB?

How it isn't seen as an exploit or harrasment is beyond me, the ToS states;

you agree not to take any of the following actions:

(l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players,
    (n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service.

I would say taking advantage of the fact you still get Glory by doing nothing and staying in a place that is unreachable by the opposing team is a serious design flaw. The people asking for groups in Zone chat for afk pvp, well, here you have players blatently abusing the system by getting something for nothing and therefore getting an advantage over legitamate players that want to have fun by actually playing the game and getting rewards for genuinly playing as intended.
    And it sure as hell stops anyone that wants to pvp for fun from enjoying the game,website and any of the other services.

I would agree that multiboxing afkers and afk teams in particular seem to be breaking those two ToS.
    edited May 2013
    I just watched zone chat for about 3 minutes. At least 30-40 posts from a bunch of different people "LFM AFK PVP farm". I have to believe this is not under Cryptic's radar. Maybe they aren't saying anything so they don't encourage this loser activity.

MAYBE, fingers crossed, it will be fixed at down time tonight ... Might think about dropping this game for a while if it's not and telling people to steer clear until these dead obvious flaws are fixed. It is no excuse to say it is open beta. If people are spending money to play, it is not beta of any kind.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    There needs to be an extremely harsh AFK penalty (something like after 30 seconds of AFK in PvP, auto-booted from group and cannot gain XP or Glory from any activity for 30 minutes) and AFK leaver penalty (zero XP or Glory gain for thirty minutes).

But about the economy, it is beyond salvation from anything but time. Not surprisingly - this has happened to every MMO at launch. In this case, not just from PvP, but from a broken auction house, and from bugged quests who's rewards can be gained infinite times.
    The economy I'm not so worried about - it will level out in time.

But I would sure like to actually play PvP again.

*edit: also, report anyone LFG for AFK pvp group and any AFK pvper.
  • kharpo7kharpo7 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PLEASE DO SOMETHING about the afkers. Every match I played in today had at least 1, always on my team. 4v5 isn't very fun. I like the pvp but this is pointless right now. Give us a way to KICK THEM AND GET ANOTHER real person. Also a way to report these cheaters.
  • rycegamingrycegaming Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    The problem with kicking is you have that 1% chance of getting that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> who kicks everyone on the team.
  • oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PROBLEM: My team is able to triple cap due to the fact that their ENTIRE TEAM is sitting in their base. One person had actually gone AFK and the other 4 lost hope. One D-Bag kept talking <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about pvp in general. Don't know why he was there.....

Orca3ZB.jpg

SOLUTION: An AFKer is most likely there to pick up glory for the gear to sell for ADs. So what do you do? MAKE THE GEAR BoA!! Not much else reason to go AFK in pvp after that.

1000 ADs can be much more easily obtained then sitting AFK for 20 min for the daily. So they won't do it. Problem solved. Why has this not happened yet?
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Who cares about the terminology. "Exploit" or not, it ruins the fun of pvp.

So do premades, especially those who camp the spawn point.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • mreptmrept Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Situation only gets worse as you go up in tiers.. Ever since I hit 4x, I think I've had two or three matches out of ten where there weren't any AFKers.
    When I'm party leader, I always kick them, but more often than not, the AFKer IS the party leader.

<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • brutalehtopsbrutalehtops Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's gotten worse.

There's a player (Dogwielder of the guild Something Lawful) who has found a creative way to afk pvp more, efficiently.

For whatever reason, i haven't seen him in a match were he isn't the leader of the group. Little ways into the match, he starts to kick everyone off the team and then sit in the starting area and wait for the opposing team to win.

I've been on the same team and opposing team when he's done it, kills the enjoyment quickly.